• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video: Properties of the Knee of Justice (things you might not know!)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The sweetspot is NOT the thigh, ankle, calf, or any of those places for that matter. It isnt about the spot, but making sure you hit during the opening frames... Everywhere from the heel to the air surrounding the tip of the knee can sweetspot if timed correctly.

This and other Knee info is what this vid is about...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHMKPOslGUQ

PS: I go by PEEF on AiB...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Very informative video. Post a link to this in the stickied video thread.

EDIT: Revolutionary, he's showing the knee in slow motion so you can see the hitbox. He isn't showing off or making a combo video. It's an informative video about the knee.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
here on these boards we play against real ppl

-____-

its not a skill or combo video. What im trying to show you is that most people think that there is a certain place on the knee that will "Sweetspot", whenever there is no "Sweetspot" but instead it is a sex kick with the entire hitbox being "Sweet" on the opening animation, and after that, the sex of the kick is what you see giving 3 damage and little knockback.

Edit: Thanks Doggalina, will do.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Straight from Wheeler himself.

This thread is full of win.

Medic

Smash Cadet
I hadn't been sure what the exact hitbox was. I'm glad you showed that it is a timing thing! I'll try to work a few (but not too many) into my gameplay.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Straight from Wheeler himself.

This thread is full of win.
Why? The editing was nice, but there's no substance at all. Seriously, if you didn't know that the knee sweetspots due to correct timing, you likely have bigger problems with falcon.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Why? The editing was nice, but there's no substance at all. Seriously, if you didn't know that the knee sweetspots due to correct timing, you likely have bigger problems with falcon.
OK Sammy Sad Eyes, im sure u think ur da bomb, but not everyone knows everything about this game ***EVEN YOU!*** (can you believe that?)

Some people learn things from this video. Why don't you read up on a few C. Falcon guides. How many of them do you see mentioning the fact that the knee is a sex kick? Umm, None. They (and you) call it sweetspotting, which it certainly is NOT. It also seems to be "Common Knowledge" that the non-existent sweetspot of the move is the calf or thigh. This is also incorrect, and most people viewing this video probably believe that going in. The move is just as much about sweetspotting as a Falco Bair.

So before you go around busting someone elses work (Ive looked at ur posts, this seems common), remember that you didn't come out the womb preaching how to hit the "Sweetspot" of Falcon's Knee. Even you had to learn. Someone learned from my video, and you go on insulting them and me for no straight reason.

PS: The only man born with perfect knowledge of the knee is the Captain himself, Rich Wheeler.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
OK Sammy Sad Eyes, im sure u think ur da bomb, but not everyone knows everything about this game ***EVEN YOU!*** (can you believe that?)
Lol. calm down. I didn't say I knew everything about this game. You don't have to know everything in the game to know this vid isnt "full of win". and wtf is a sammy sad eyes. I wasn't sad in my post.
Some people learn things from this video.
And some people learn from watching Dr. Phil (better analogy). The fact that people who haven't played falcon enough to know the sweetspot depends on timing can learn from this video proves nothing.

Why don't you read up on a few C. Falcon guides. How many of them do you see mentioning the fact that the knee is a sex kick? Umm, None.
You can figure out the knee is a sex kick by playing falcon for 60 seconds, it isn't that big of a secret. the only people who can't figure this out either haven't played falcon or don't know what a sex kick is. Your vid doesn't explain what a sex kick is.
They (and you) call it sweetspotting, which it certainly is NOT.
don't give me ****ing semantics on this board. the knee sweetspots when it's timed correctly. You yourself refer to the "sweetspot" knee in your video.
It also seems to be "Common Knowledge" that the non-existent sweetspot of the move is the calf or thigh. This is also incorrect, and most people viewing this video probably believe that going in.
I haven't ever seen anybody that thinks that the knee sweetspots only when it hits with the calf or thigh. I can just as easily state that most people viewing this video probably don't believe that going in, and it would be just as valid a statement as yours.

So before you go around busting someone elses work (Ive looked at ur posts, this seems common), remember that you didn't come out the womb preaching how to hit the "Sweetspot" of Falcon's Knee. Even you had to learn. Someone learned from my video, and you go on insulting them and me for no straight reason.
I said the vid lacked substance and had nice editing. It seems fair criticism to me. Really, what did you expect? Your video really wasn't that great. I disagreed that the video was "full of win". I thought the video was pointless; 1 line of text would have sufficed. I'm allowed to bust your work when I think its crappy.

Puzzledrat

Smash Rookie
I'd have to agree with Banana Trooper on this one... doesn't everyone know this?

Even if you don't you can find out in 5 minutes by playing Falcon.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Welp BananaTrooper, you are the reason that people look down on the smash community. If you didnt learn anything then u can just stay quiet. You dont have to announce how much you didnt learn. You also dont have to disagree with someone else and tell them that they are WRONG for liking the video. Come on, thats halarious! The video wasnt made for people like you who know everything!

Your last post. It was well set up, but it was really lacking in respect.

Check your Sig. The word is spelled "Defense".

PS: "That being said, sweet-spotting this thing isn't too easy. You have to hit around the thigh area for it to work."
MangoMan's C. Falcon Guide. You guys should have somthing in common, you both are fruits.

BananaTrooper

Smash Journeyman
Welp BananaTrooper, you are the reason that people look down on the smash community.
Ouch lol, that hurt coming from you. EDIT: I don't understand lol, why are you calling me a welp?
If you didnt learn anything then u can just stay quiet. You dont have to announce how much you didnt learn.
Again lol, I'm allowed to criticize something I don't like. I didn't like your video, and I criticized it. If you can't handle people not liking things you post...:urg:
You also dont have to disagree with someone else and tell them that they are WRONG for liking the video. Come on, thats halarious!
I asked why he thought the video was full of win. I disagreed with him, and and I told him why I thought so. If you thought I was insulting Tenki you're wrong btw lol. Me n tenki are cool.
The video wasnt made for people like you who know everything!
I never said I knew everything lol
PS: Your last post. It was well set up, but it was really lacking in respect.
This bugs me a little actually. Ive tried my best to not insult the **** out of you for your response to me, but you're pushing it. I'm lacking in respect? Read over my post again, then read over both of yours.
"That being said, sweet-spotting this thing isn't too easy. You have to hit around the thigh area for it to work."
MangoMan's C. Falcon Guide. You guys should have somthing in common, you both are fruits.
I don't even know what guide you're referring to. We have a stickied guide by reaver. And why are you calling MangoMan and me fruits? He's not even in this argument.

EDIT: lmao, welp? fruit? sephs gonna have a field day.

Revolutionary1804

Smash Apprentice
see i didnt want to repost immediatly because u would ahve just reposted w.e you posted the first time. but honestly these are the falcon boards and regardless wat the hitbox is the point is timing so this really doesent show much at all... secondly wtf all ur slow motions are really exactly the same like "look at the calf" or "look at the thigh" no that was bs i saw the same thing everytime

Medic

Smash Cadet
While the video is certainly not getting an Oscar, it's not a stinker. It does confirm things for some people.
In my case, I found it useful because it confirmed what I was thinking about the knee being about timing rather than a 'spot'. And, ya know, watching Snake get owned is fun.

Hax

Smash Champion
i was gonna help TC out here but then he said this:

"That being said, sweet-spotting this thing isn't too easy. You have to hit around the thigh area for it to work."
lmaooo

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Lol. Ok. I just dont like ppl downin my video because they knew about it already. The title wasnt "ZOMG GAMEBREAKING AT!"

Reading the comments and posts here, people obviously learned from it. He didnt. He doesnt have to make fun of them and I for not knowing it sooner. Thats all.

HAX: Whos TC?

I just knew this was going to happen as soon as I join SWF. I am a beloved member of AiB, and everyone talks about how stuck up some of the people HERE are. Now im not saying that some of you are stuck up, thats just what they said...=/

Reaver197

Smash Lord
For what it's worth, everyone's not so much concerned with your video as your inexplicable overreaction to Banana Trooper's post.

Just try to be more moderate in your handling of criticism and, uh, try not to call people ridiculous insults.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I live in Canada, we spell defence with a "c"
Haha ur telling the truth too. Im sorry bout the overreaction BT.

What ridiculous insults Reaver?

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
In my opinion the term "sweetspot" has always been in reference to timing, not placement. The spot being used as a moment in time in which things are potentially sweet. Using the hitbox of the Knee is not the problem, it's the timing. Everyone knows that. No one thinks there's a magical mole on Falcon's Knee that shoots out electricity when touched or anything. Anyone who has used Falcon for more than a handful of matches should know that you can sweetspot the Knee from a multitude of places in reference to opponent/Falcon body spacing and such.

The only other use of "sweetspot" I've seen is in reference to Falcon's nipples.

Red Alloy

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I've found that you have to hit them from the front, even though if you retreat the fair, they can take damage from your back, even if you time it right. So in that sense, there really is a spot you have to hit.

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Rick Wheeler, not Rich.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Good video.

Actually, as I recall, a friend of mine took some time out and found that the only thing that has been making the knee more "difficult" to sweetspot is that the first frame (henceforth called the "frame of justice") is earlier in Brawl than it was in Melee. With this in mind, I started timing my knees later so as to coincide with this frame of justice, and voila, all of my knees started to connect.

This is the greatest example of Brawl =/= Melee I've ever seen, because it's actually applicable.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I've found that you have to hit them from the front, even though if you retreat the fair, they can take damage from your back, even if you time it right. So in that sense, there really is a spot you have to hit.
Yeah, that spot, is called anywhere on his leg. haha

Also, I'm pretty sure it's Rick Wheeler, not Rich.
Umm...my name is Rich Wheeler. Im pretty sure urs is Blue Alloy, not Red. =/

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Falcons Knee true *sweetspot* is the connection after his thrust. The knee thrusts forward, during which at any time it hits the opponent, you're guaranteed an electric knee of death. You can put it into the spectrum of how "real" brawl is now, the only way to truly send someone flying is by connecting a knee, (connecting during a thrust) I mean hey, if you went flying at someone with an extended knee after a while, it wouldn't be as effective as actually thrusting your knee into their stomach. Try to think of it that way.

IcantWin

Smash Journeyman
Instead of editing, I'd like to point out one more fact:

Watch Falcon when he uses his FAir, he pulls his leg upward, bringing his knee thrusting forward. Now, if that were you hitting someone, that would cause some serious hurt right?

The only way to connect a knee is to try to think of it in real terms, If I connect my knee after a full powered thrust to someones stomach, they're going to double over.

Now, If I stick my knee out and then jump at someones chest, It's going to do a lot less than a FULL powered thrust into their body.

Brawl is physics, Brawl is a little more "real?" (LOL, hardly) than its predecessors. When I land knees, I knew I was going to be able to land them, they're not spammy, just smarter now. So I'd suggest planning knees on your opponent once they get around a certain percentage.

Good luck all!

Wogrim

Smash Lord
In my opinion the term "sweetspot" has always been in reference to timing, not placement. The spot being used as a moment in time in which things are potentially sweet. Using the hitbox of the Knee is not the problem, it's the timing. Everyone knows that. No one thinks there's a magical mole on Falcon's Knee that shoots out electricity when touched or anything. Anyone who has used Falcon for more than a handful of matches should know that you can sweetspot the Knee from a multitude of places in reference to opponent/Falcon body spacing and such.

The only other use of "sweetspot" I've seen is in reference to Falcon's nipples.
I always thought the term sweetspot meant placement (not that I don't know how to 'sweetspot' the new knee) because it's a sweet spot, which means there are other spots that aren't sweet and therefore it is a placement issue.
Anyone who has done an early knee knows that it's a timing thing, but I didn't know it was the whole leg so I learned a little from the vid.

Falcons Knee true *sweetspot* is the connection after his thrust. The knee thrusts forward, during which at any time it hits the opponent, you're guaranteed an electric knee of death. You can put it into the spectrum of how "real" brawl is now, the only way to truly send someone flying is by connecting a knee, (connecting during a thrust) I mean hey, if you went flying at someone with an extended knee after a while, it wouldn't be as effective as actually thrusting your knee into their stomach. Try to think of it that way.
Yeah but then moves would need to do damage and knockback based on momentum, so a flubbed knee that came from a dashing SH should do better than a thrusted knee while jumping backwards. GG realism. Besides, 3%? "Come On!"

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
....lol

I live in Canada, we spell defence with a "c"
You have made my day by answering one of my most frustrating questions that I have toiled over in my mind for years. For that, I thank you.
Instead of editing, I'd like to point out one more fact:

Now, If I stick my knee out and then jump at someones chest, It's going to do a lot less than a FULL powered thrust into their body.

Brawl is physics, Brawl is a little more "real?" (LOL, hardly) than its predecessors. When I land knees, I knew I was going to be able to land them, they're not spammy, just smarter now. So I'd suggest planning knees on your opponent once they get around a certain percentage.
...Zamus flip kick says hi! I don't know how many times I tried to knock her out of it only to get KO'd, thinking that it'd be weaker after 43 minutes. ;=;

But yeah, I always thought you had to hit with the knee combined with timing to get a discharge. This actually informed me a bit now that I know it's his entire leg! :D

Top Bottom