• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MSOP 3 - July 26th Charleston, IL First Circuit Event -come try out teh strikouts

viperboy_74

Smash Master
Midwest ****s on People - version 3

official date, lets do this - Thanks again to TheBlueBlade for allowing me to use his date.

The Venue
its in charleston, IL, a nice venue that offers a restaurant, mini golf, and a few other things
it's less than 5 miles from my apartment, and housing will be available but limited (notice i said my apartment, not my house) i don't think anyone wants to sleep in my closet and under my bed again, lol.

Lincoln Springs Resort is the name of the Venue as a whole, with The Game Nexus being an attraction inside.

Pre-registration is an option now via the website linked below. It's not required, but helpful to any of those who are interested.

www.thegamenexus.com

Registartion will go from 10:30 - 11:30, but the building will be open for us at 10am
tournament play will be begin at 12:00 sharp, don't be late.

Venue fee's will be waved for those bringing full set ups. 1 person waved per set up.

for those that im housing, youre welcome to show up any time to my apartment. i'll be there all day friday, i requested work off for friday, saturday, and sunday, so whenever you feel like arriving, we'll see ya then. my only request is that you call me when youre failry close to let me know youre on the way.

The Game and Rules
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

July 26th, 2008
SSBB Ruleset

General Rules

1. Intentional glitching or abusing in game mechanics for stalling purposes, will result first in a warning, then a DQ (this includes meta knights dimensional cape)
2. Incorrectly ending a Game will result in a Forfeit.

Rules= Stock
Stock = 3
Handicap = Off
Damage Ratio = 1.0
Friendly Fire = On
Self-destruct = -1
Items = Off
Best 2/3
Finals best 3/5

we will be using the strikeout system at this tourney, i'll post more info about it in a bit

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpicks:
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

the rest of the levels are banned

Entry fee/Prizes

$15 per person singles
$10 per person doubles
$5 door fee

prizes:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Directions and Housing
there is a map of the location below, i suggest everyone to take a look at it. any problems, feel free to contact me or the facility.

Lincoln Springs Resort. (it's like an attribute to abe lincoln (yes i know he hates that nickname) so there are several statues of lincoln around, as well as a 100+ feet statue, isn't too hard to miss)

www.thegamenexus.com
9699 N County Road 2000 E
Ashmore, Illinois 61912
(217) 345-3424

Note for everyone who's traveling on I-70:
when you mapquest, please contact me a day or two before leaving, i'll give you a much more simple route that will save head aches.

here's a map of the location.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=linco...US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&sa=N&tab=wl

my apartment -
1509 2nd St. Apt 204
Charleston, IL 61920
217 - 822 - 7883 - my number
217 - 822 - 2252 - lemon's phone number

housing will be available but fairly limited (20ish or so, pending on how far you've had to travel)

khepri

Smash Lord
You'll conflict with the "Look Ma', No Johns" if you do this August 1st.

I say change the date since they already have a good number of people planning to go to theirs.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doubling up on the date with Smash and Coffee 2.

We should work something out. No point having two big midwest tournaments on the same weekend.

Mine is a 2 day event, Friday night and saturday.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
yeah, and pushing this date back any more might put it too close to the august circuit event, which right now is looking like either August 15/16th or 22nd/23rd. I'll know in the next couple of days.

but yeah, this looks fun I hope i'm back from cali before this.

soap

Smash Hero
um, wasnt there already two MSOp's?

but "Midwest ****s on People" sounds like a good name to use for crews when we go east, almost as good as "DArkrain and Dope **** the east coast" but a lil more subtle.:laugh:

Btw TJ u still have my winter coat and some other stuff i hope, hopefully ill see u before next winter lol. this is long drive though and i dont know who else would want to go,and i dont really wanna drive out there for brawl, ill prolly try and make it out to Zjiins next melee tourney, send me a PM if u are coming to Ohio

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wait a minute, how is this supposed to be read? Is it really "Midwest ****s On People" as in people from the Midwest take a dump on other fellows, or is it "Midwest: ****'s On, People"?

viperboy_74

Smash Master
its clearly that our midwest community places feces upon other members, not native to the midwest.

and i need to know quickly what i'm supposed to do about dates, there's a million small *** tourneys at this time, and i wasn't even aware there was a circuit until like 2 days ago. is it big, can i splurge dates with the one on the 26th, and hold it myself, or should i just cancel this all together

edit: lol yeah, this is MSOP 3, my bad >.>

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Smash and Coffee is going to be pretty big. I'm anticipating 40+, maybe more.

I think the week after this is pretty open.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
viperyboy, talk to Kel. If you don't have his cell #, PM me. He'll let you know.

I know I'm planning on going to Smash and Coffee 2, thus GUNPUNCH! probably is; it's a great venue and has been perfect every time. I'd think a lot of the South Bend players would go it to, so the good players would be split down the middle at best.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Make sure not to move it to the 26th though, cause that date's reserved for a midwest circuit event. If you move your date, we'd love to have your crowd come out for Smash and Coffee 2. Check the thread.

We're having a hog roast.

yeah that's right, a hog roast.

Big_R

Smash Champion
viperboys thing will clearly be much cooler cuz he is much cooler. and idk what your talking about that closet was a pretty solid spot to sleep. roflz

viperboy_74

Smash Master
yeah so this is probably gonna be canceled unless i can get some constructive criticism, i can't do it any later than that and theres a million tourneys that'll have 20 people each every other week

Tink

Smash Hero
the only good date would be the 2nd. id rather go to a circuit event and miss the coffee to go to this. i mean, coffees close, but id like to go play darkrain =).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah so this is probably gonna be canceled unless i can get some constructive criticism, i can't do it any later than that and theres a million tourneys that'll have 20 people each every other week

easy solution: convince darkrain to come out to SaC.

viperboy, we should PM about co-hosting something or working together on some project. I hate that my tourney is causing you to have to cancel yours. I knew something like this would come up, which is why I reserved my venue and posted a thread so far in advance.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
=[ sadness all around. I want to attend Vipers...Evansville is just too far away for SaC...

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Try to make it the 12th. I'll be likely to go to it if this were the case.

The circuit events are going to restrict your ability to draw in large amount of regions, and that's a good thing because it sets up everybody to go to the same events. Hopefully you can make it as early as the 12th.... and hopefully you can come to the first two scheduled circuit events a_a;

nojoes

Smash Ace
what do people think about having this as a midwest replacement for FAST for everyone who can't afford to drive 20 hours down to florida? have it on the 19th?

nikePK

Smash Journeyman
this is 3 hours closer than Coffee for me and it'd only be a one day event... so if it's still Aug 2nd, I'd go and would be able to bring a few people with me.

Kel

Smash Master
VB is driving out to the venue to double check today. He's going to call me after he gets off work at 5 with details. I don't get off work until 8 or 9 though. So if he doesn't post the confirmation later today I will.

viperboy_74

Smash Master
as of right now, it seems that this will be using the same date as the 26th, replacing that circuit event with this one, and allowing Blue to hold another circuit event at a later date.

further updates will be posted by later this evening or by noon tomorrow at the latest.

the guy i spoke with was the same one who reserved me the building for the 2nd, but he wasn't actually at work when i spoke with him today, he said he was 90% sure the 26th was still available, but won't confirm it until tomorrow when he's at work, so the 100% confirmation tomorrow by noon, thanks for your understanding and an extended thanks to Blue for allowing me to use his date.

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
Yeah, my date is now September 13th, and no prob on the date VB. It just gives me more time to confirm a venue now!

Kyari

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
KYRI#103
Okay then, but when you do have 100% confirmation I would like to see the original post of the thread completely updated :D kay?

Top Bottom