• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tips/Critiques for my Pink Ball O' ****, Please! *MOAR New Videos*

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace

Tyser

Smash Champion
That ROB doesnt know how to play ROB :-S. But you are pretty gewd. Ur Dair+Rest looks off though, so work on that. When that ROB got hit by it in the first vid it was weird since you took the Dair lag o.O. Your aggressivness is interesting :-P.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, I like your aggressiveness! :D
Just work on that Dair to Rest because that WILL BE your money-maker :)

Mabo

Smash Rookie
Come on, people. Cut me some slack. That was like my first time playing ROB seriously. It's not like any of you had a perfected fighting style the first day playing your new main.
But in all honesty, I'm not the most exceptional brawler. I wont say I am. Just asking for a little slack, here.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Come on, people. Cut me some slack. That was like my first time playing ROB seriously. It's not like any of you had a perfected fighting style the first day playing your new main.
But in all honesty, I'm not the most exceptional brawler. I wont say I am. Just asking for a little slack, here.
You should've played him with other characters then (preferrably the mains you are most comfortable with currently). What good is it to critique someone who's playing against an opponent whose experience with their character is little?

haha regardless, yes, I will cut you some slack xD

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I posted videos of the ROB matches because I feel that Jiggly is at a disadvantage against ROB so even if he's not a good ROB they would still be good matches. Anyway, I also posted a video with Luigi.

Also, I am looking for some pointers.

First of all, since people are saying I need to work on my d-air to rest, what is a good way to do it? for example, lets say I sh>d-air. Should the d-air be ff'd?

Also, something else I have been wondering about. Is there ever a reason to use pound on the ground? I feel like it's pretty bad, but I really have no idea.

And thanks to the people that actually gave advice and didn't just say "that ROB sucked".

: )

rinoH

Smash Lord
i think that pound is faster in the air so use it in the air cuz it has the same effect

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I posted videos of the ROB matches because I feel that Jiggly is at a disadvantage against ROB so even if he's not a good ROB they would still be good matches. Anyway, I also posted a video with Luigi.

Also, I am looking for some pointers.

First of all, since people are saying I need to work on my d-air to rest, what is a good way to do it? for example, lets say I sh>d-air. Should the d-air be ff'd?

Also, something else I have been wondering about. Is there ever a reason to use pound on the ground? I feel like it's pretty bad, but I really have no idea.

And thanks to the people that actually gave advice and didn't just say "that ROB sucked".

: )
No, the Dair does not need to be fast-falled. What I do is short hop and immediately upon getting off the ground, the Dair should already be barraging your opponent. From there, slightly DI towards your opponent and mash DownB so that the Rest comes out as soon as possible once the Dair animation ceases. No fast-falling required :)

As for Pound, I don't use it on the ground ever lol I guess it might be useful if you predict your opponent will roll behind and you ground Pound (lol :p), but there are better alternatives to that situation. I guess you could also Pound out of shield...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
You are too aggressive. Brawl is a much more defensive game than melee or others, so you should try to learn to anticipate others shielding and the like, which the R.O.B. never did. Play a really defensive person and you should learn what you need.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Nice jigglypuff. I'd be more then happy to vs you in a jiggly vs jiggly battle to the death.
Jigglypuff dittos are unentertaining, boring, and is not an accurate measure of skill.

Besides, who would want to go against their own bretheren? :p

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Plus, I don't even have WiFi. : (

But if I ever do get it, I'd be more than happy to battle you.

You are too aggressive. Brawl is a much more defensive game than melee or others, so you should try to learn to anticipate others shielding and the like, which the R.O.B. never did. Play a really defensive person and you should learn what you need.
Yeah, I mained Marth in Melee, and I main Lucario now, so I've always played aggresively. I'll try playing defensively, though, and see how that works out, although I didn't think my shield game was that bad.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You play too aggressively. ROB's ftilt and fair will beat everything jiggs has except for pound, so if he just sat back and ftilted when you were about to come at him he would own you over and over. You use pound way too often and too predictably. Against a better player you would get wrecked because of it. Never pound while standing on the ground. Never dair into the ground because it has a ****ing hour of lag. You should grab a lot more. Heres how you should be approaching (copied and pasted from the Jigglypuff Discussion Thread)

Approach

Your best approach in most cases is going to be poking them with bairs. Before 30ish% you just want to poke them by spacing your bairs well and retreating in the air after it hits, until after 30ish%. If you follow up a hit before 30%, they will be able to hit you back before you can get another bair or shield. With doing single bairs, you should learn the timing to auto cancel the bair.

After 30% you can bair and then either choose to back away or you can follow it up by staying in their face. If you stay in they're face then you have a couple of options, you can either do another bair or uair in the same sh, or you can land and shield. If you land with another bair or uair, you can usually follow it up with more aerials, just watch out for their attack or airdodge when you try to follow up your hit.

Basically you need to switch it up and read what your opponent is going to do. If you take the hit them again route they can shield the next hit and then do what they want, if you take the shield route then they can hit you before you get your shield out. As long as you keep them guessing and can read what they are going to do, its smart to advance a decent amount. If you hit they're shield, do not advance.

Another good approach is to run and shield, and then react to what your opponent does. Jiggs has one of the shortest initial dashes in the game. Its good to use against characters that out range you and you can keep in their face and keep the pressure up with it. watch out for grabs. If they expect you to shield, they can just grab you, so keep switching it up using grab and the occasional dash attack.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Good luck with Jiggs! :)

Edit: I saw your 2 most recents videos of Jiggs, and I must say you have improved! Let me tell you, however that you like to aerial out of shield a lot (which is pretty cool), but I suggest shieldgrabbing instead of aerialing out of shield in most cases. Also, incorporate more dash attacks in your Jiggs as well. The dash attack is a nice killing move when used fresh.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there are instances where you are taking too long to kill your opponent. Get into the mindset of "Gee, they're at 70%... I need to get a Rest in soon".

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
Spaced full jumped fairs are useful against ROB. Bowyer was right though, you were playing way to aggressively. That matchup is like 70% defense/patience & 30% offense. Falling uairs lead into some very nice combos against ROB also and as others have said, work on killing your opponent and setting up for rests.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I just watched the vids vs the wolf and saw a few major problems.

You were using bair and fair too close to the ground which has huge landing lag. Every time you do that its like a free hit from the other guy. So work on auto canceling those moves. The only time you should ever land with landing lag is when you do two bair's in a sh and it should only be used after your opponent is above 30%.

The airdodging needs to stop. You might be able to move after an airdodge but its still easy to punish. You should not airdodge to approach or to dodge a projectile. The only time you should airdodge is to get out of a combo (and only if you know your opponent doesn't expect an airdodge) and its alright to do if your opponent is a mile away.

To dodge the lasers you should use shield (don't become predictable and always shield the lasers close to him because you'll get owned) and fly above them. You should not be using air dodge.

Nair is probably jiggs best edge guard and learn to footstool jump after nair because it owns.

Use empty sh's because, like most characters, wolf has a fair and bair that beats like everything you have, so use empty sh's to get your opponent to wiff an attack and then move in for a uair or something.

Top Bottom