• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

who are some characters that i should be aware of?

iDizZzY

Smash Journeyman
who are some characters that we as metaknight players have trouble against? for me, the only person that seems to give me trouble is snake. any others that you guys have trouble with?

GRAMMARLOL

Smash Rookie
Wow. 3 ignorants who think OLIMAR gives MK any sort of trouble. If you ever even come close to losing to Olimar playing MK you are either a braindead vegetable or have at least 7/10 digits missing from your hands.

Roager

Smash Ace
Wow. 3 ignorants who think OLIMAR gives MK any sort of trouble. If you ever even come close to losing to Olimar playing MK you are either a braindead vegetable or have at least 7/10 digits missing from your hands.
Clearly you've never played an Olimar who knew how to fight MK. Olimar has a lot more priority, and in some cases, more range. If played right, Olimar can give MK a lot of trouble.

Lucas, Falco, and Pika are my worst matchups.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Clearly you've never played an Olimar who knew how to fight MK. Olimar has a lot more priority, and in some cases, more range. If played right, Olimar can give MK a lot of trouble.

Lucas, Falco, and Pika are my worst matchups.
I can easily say that Mk is an incredibly difficult matchup for Olimar, but the same can be said the other way around. Olimar's ground range with his smash attacks and grabs can ruin Mk's ground game. Even his air game can owerpower Mks if performed correctly. The main reasons that Mk is known to do well against Olimar is because Mk is the gimp king and Olimar has arguably the worst recovery in the game. The tornado has rep for also destroying olimars, however it can be shielded and punished, and supposedly Olimars upb can break through the tornado, though I need to test it myself. Mk is also very light, so koing him does not take much compared to most other characters. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162546 According to this, Mk is 5th lightest in the game.

As for bad Mk matchups, I'd have to say Dk, Snake, Zelda and some Olimars. Dk and Snake for obvious reasons, zelda's smash attacks and dins fire rip right through Mk and Olimar for reasons sometimes mentioned above.

Kino

Smash Cadet
Olimar being played well is real tough for MK. but an Mk good at gimping him can win because of that. but olimars priority can cause a lot of problems.

Pikachu is realy difficult to play against as well, hes fast, strong, has a great dsmash that has great priority and range, along with sweet dmg and knockback. and then what realy makes it difficult is the thunder. metaknight players get so used to floating aroudn in the air but a thunder can kill him on very low percents if you dont be careful.

Snake ofcourse is the hardest match up for obv reasons.

Marth is tough because the charecters are so similar, fsmash can really mess you up.

Top Bottom