• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Replays of my Link...

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Looking through most of my replays, I noticed that most of these matches are under 3 minutes due to a SD or other stupid mistakes. These videos contain both. I'm looking for comments on the gameplay on everything other than that... you guys were really helpful last time and I would appreciate it if you could help me improve once again. Thanks guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKh8YUmL0WQ Vs Lucas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_7Pro_Tb8 Vs Jiggs
(Sorry for the ultra crappy quality.. the light on FD makes the frame rate on my camera goto ****.)

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
There first time Lucas was off the stage, he could have been edge-hogged or intercepted during his recovery. Dair for edgeguarding is pretty dangerous but hey, if it connects it can be rewarded with a KO. I would personally go for the second hit of Fair during Lucas's time consuming recovery. Nice KO with the charged up spin attack at a sleeping Jigglypuff due to a missed rest attack. Nice use of zair and sexy bomb drops; not bad, keep at it.

BTW, I use Dark Link as well.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Very good Link. Your use of Zair, projectiles, and mindgaming(great end to the Jiggs match) are constantly keeping pressure on your opponent, forcing them to go on the defensive, at which time you find an opening and attack. The only thing I would say otherwise is to use the DACUS. There were some moments where it could have been very useful.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
ur link is gr8. i would advice taking advantage of the amount of attacks that can be linked to a back air, such as ur side-b and f-tilt

Swordplay

Smash Lord
you play like my link except without using DAC as much...

A tip against Lucas and ness players....I noticed you used your arrows and bombs to edgaurd lucas.

USE YOUR BOOMERANG. Even if you don't gale gaurd which you should have!!!!! you should use it because if the gale effect connects with lucas or ness they will mess up there up-b spacing and kill themselves.

The good.....your bomb control is excelent which is key for a link player.

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Boomerang vs Lucas. Got it. I can't believe I forgot about that ****. I guess I'm just bomb happy.
Also... unfortunately I don't have any footage of me using the DAC ... but there are a few missed attempts in these matches... they usually looked like ill placed grabs.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Kennahh

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed, sending Magikarp. (Killingworth, CT)
If that is true, then you should definitely work on your DAC.
You are less defensive than most of the Link's in the videos I've seen, but Link's weakness in approach doesn't really matter for you because first, you are always right in the enemy's face, and second, you have one of the best Links I've seen in short range combat.

Metro Knight

Smash Ace
Very Good, definitely a video to watch if I ever get frustrated with Jiggs. But yea, the rang can own Lucas' recovery, if your tornado moves him out of the way of his ball, you completely gimp him, I did that too my brother's Lucas and Ness a ton.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
You use Link's bomb like a maniac. (Compliment)
Ha, you used his Zair really well too. It was fun watching your video, because I never really enjoyed the Earthbound characters (Ness being one of my least favorite characters overall) and watching you mop the floor with one of them is even better.
Nevertheless, you did great.

NiRV7iQ

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys thanks for the replys. I'll be putting more vids up soon... hopefully with some footage of my DAC in action. Thanks again.

Top Bottom