• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

AUGUST 15 - 16th - ROFA'S MIDWEST CIRCUIT EVENT - GONNA BE HYPE AS **** IN ANN ARBOR

Status
Not open for further replies.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Rofa's Monthly Smashfest/Tournament - Ann Arbor

Next Biweekly = RB6 = MIDWEST CIRCUIT EVENT!!

This is an overnight event, and players are welcome to bring their SLEEPING BAGS and overnight gear to stay on Friday night!!!

THERE IS A $5 VENUE FEE TO COVER COSTS OF THE EVENT. Any money that is made extra will be placed into the pot as added prize money. This fee will be wavied if you bring a full set up (TV AND WII) to be used in the tournament.

Agenda

Friday, August 15th

5 PM - Smashfest begins! Hang out with the best smashers from around the country and play friendlies with them or start the competition early with heated money matches.

8 PM - $5 Brawl Side Tournament: RANDOMS! All stages on and all characters set to random. Players get one mulligan each (2 in final rounds).

12-1 AM - Crew Battle! Get your crews together! Crews of 3-5 members, 15 stocks per crew. $5-10 per crew depending upon voting.

Saturday, August 16th

1 PM - $20 brawl doubles (10 per person)

4-5 PM - $15 brawl singles

The Location

The Ed Center
1534 Hill Street
Ann Arbor, MI

This is a building owned by the company that owns the coop where I live on the U of M Campus. This is NOT at the same location as the biweeklies were but it is walking distance from it. The building itself is actually behind two coops and may be difficult to find at first. Please call either myself or Vayseth if you get lost (my number is on the flyer and PM Vayseth for his).

Parking:
Parking will be in the same place as it was before at the other biweeklies (at the church next to the coop). People are suggested to drop off your gear at the coop itself, park your car at the church and walk back. It's not far (less than 5 min walk).

A MAP, Yay!:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Ann...nn+Arbor&2s=MI&2a=1507+Washtenaw+Ave&2z=48104

Rules:
The coop's building has its own set of rules. Those who break the rules will be submitted to automatic DQs. You have been warned.

1. Absolutely no alcohol, drugs, or smoking is permitted in the Ed Center. Cigarettes are allowed to be smoked outside but please place your cigarette butts in the can and do not just throw them on the ground. All other activities must be done away from the premises.
2. Keep the noise level down. We are located around many houses so we must keep the volume reasonable.
3. No candles or incense.
4. No shoes are to be worn beyond the front door.
5. No parking is allowed at the Ed Center (read above).
6. There will be garbage cans. USE THEM.
7. There will be no food or drinks allowed on the second floor other than water. If any are found you will receive an auto-DQ.
8. The kitchen area must be clean.

Other than that, if anything goes missing, gets damaged, or gets stains from food, we will be personally billed for repairs/replacements. Please treat this venue with respect.

General Rules
SBR Certified.

- 3 Stock, 8 minute timer
- Items are set to "off" and "none"
- Default Settings (dmg ratio, handicap, etc).
- Set team attack to ON
- If there are over 32 players/Teams pools will be done for seeding.

The RANDOM side tournament

Every stage will be turned on and players will choose random for their character and hit random for the stage. If a player does not like his/her character or the stage they may mulligan once per set (or twice in best 3/5 matches). Once you use your mulligan(s) you are stuck with whatever you get from that point on so use them wisely! Smash and Coffee ran this late night at the last minute and it was very successful. Let's get a good showing for this too!

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stages

A copy of the stages will be available at each station for reference.

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Pokémon Stadium 1
Halberd

Counter Picks:
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

BANNED:
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I+II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

Prizes

1st - 60%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%
5th - $1

*prizes are subject to change based on number of entrants, etc.*

Specific Rules

It is likely that one of these issues will be brought up during the tournament. Here are the rules regarding some abstract occurrences in the game:

- Life Stealing is allowed
- Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
- All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
- Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime. The Bowser Suicide Klaw is exempt from this rule.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
(Note: This applies ONLY to Bowser and is not the case for Ganondorf, Kirby, King Dedede, Wario, or any other characters that have a suicide maneuver).
- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
- Controller ports: In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
- Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- Stalling is banned. Stalling is… the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.
- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
- Ask the other player to pause if you need to pause for whatever reason. Be mature about this. "Accidental" pauses while being chaingrabbed or guarding against a Ness/Lucas up+b recovery will not be tolerated.
- Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches. Any player who interferes with a match in this manor will be DQ’d.

-------

We look forward to seeing you all at the CIRCUIT EVENT,
Rofa and Vayseth

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Ill def try to come to this so Ill be whoring myself out for rides early.

Also wtf @ Pokemon Stadium being on neutral?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
AHEM everyone must know that this is now called the Johnliest Tournament in the Midwest Circuit Of Johnz.
You mean Big C's tournament?

Edit:

ROFA! You should definitely use the Stage Strike system. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD.

BIG C

Smash Master
well i mean they could call it Big C's tournament I would be quite flattered.

should just call it ******* and beer every heterosexual male will come for ******* and beer well not underage kids.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lol big c i think u and i will get along just fine

edit: yes! underage people are allowed! big c is just being a *******

BIG C

Smash Master
rofl i gots teh mindgames for days on underage ppl apparently.

TRAIL ENJOYS THE TITLE ******* AND BEER.
[22:25] VandelBusterBeet: ******* and beer right trail?
[22:25] VandelBusterBeet: quality tourny name right?
[22:26] Trail: wow
[22:26] Trail: lol
[22:26] Trail: thats too good

Tink

Smash Hero
ill be there. anybody really good wanna team with a wario(the best teams partner) =)? if not, me and C will try to do it again heh.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
hey ya'll better get your crews together. 3-5 people per crew, 15 stocks. it's going DOWN on friday at midnight

Kel

Smash Master
Cincinnati will win crews hands down, no problem. This is assuming that crews are actual regional crews and not FC-esque crews where Korean Dj, PC, M2k, Vidjo and Azen can all be on the same crew.

lain

Smash Master
tink we should team, as i'm freakin' amazing at this game (and particularly awesome at doubles)

:colorful:

RDK

Smash Hero
Holy ****, I forgot this was gonna be a midwest circuit event.

Big C! We're teaming for doubles.

BIG C

Smash Master
as long as me and tink aren't teamin and i have money for it we're on RDK.

we'll be like team melee or something more creative that disses barlw and promotes melee.

Cha0s Finale

Smash Cadet
I'm definitely going to talk my friend into going to this. I kept pushing off going to Rofas smashfests and now their gone till after this circuit event. But I can't miss this, it looks like its gonna be huge. :D

Here's hoping I can get there.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Gotta <3 Rofa. Dude, you should answer my calls :/

Also, you gotta start using the stage striking system. Its going to become the standard from now on, so it makes sense to use it for the circuits, ya know? Plus its an awesome idea. I gotta talk to you about the stage list, too. Stuff be goin' down son. Now that this event is official, we have the opportunity to start using semi-official "beta" rulesets. Gimme a call sometime.

Hopefully we can get some Rofa's Smashfest-wannabe things set up before this happens though. I still suck at Smash and I need to get better as fast as I can. The problem is, the only venues that we can really use are someone's house or apartment. Me and Vayseth talked about using our place, but decided that its pretty much impossible. Does anybody have a place they could host a smashfest at?

rofa

Smash Journeyman
cincinati will get WRECKED by ann arbor, sorry to burst your bubble kel

rofa

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom