• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Oath to Order" (My Jigg vids) Rate? Comments?

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
*calls upon the four giants* :"P

Ah, well, most of my matches are drawn out past 3min so I'm not able to save the replays all the time. In fact, these are the only two if I have otherwise I'd try to get s'more, but I'll have to have someone record some while I'm playing or something.

Anywho, I'm looking for any and all advice and critique on my Jiggs. I do plan on using her in tournaments along with Snake and Samus (working on her too), so anything would be helpful.

Sorry that there is no actual audio, the camera doesn't record it so I just put some music over the videos.

Also, it's pretty poor quality. -___-;

vs Zelda
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QO4aLpIZVVw
Looks like I'm trying to dsmash a few times in the beginning of the match, but that's just me messing up the sliding headbutt - lol.

vs Diddy Kong
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SVqimbBRh3o
At 0:33, after a ledge canceled lullaby you can see Diddy shield and get pushed back by the lullaby. Now, there's another video concerning this "glitch", but I believe what happens in my video could give us a better understanding of what happens in this video.

It looks like the sooner you catch yr opponent in the lullaby as they are about to roll, they further they slide. That's just my hypothesis, I didn't really test this out too much. Not saying it's anything that could turn the tide of battle, but if there was anyone wondering why this could happen I thought I would just add in my two cents. :"P

Sorry if someone covered this sort of thing before. :"x

I'll try to upload s'more matchups later today if possible with my Jiggs. Bear with the lack of videos. ;~;

Thanks in advance!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
OMG, I hate fighting against Zelda so ****ing much.

I'm watching the vids right now so the critique should be up soon.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
That was hard on the eyes.

Your approach was decent but a little predictable. Especially when you were facing zelda, whenever you sh'ed a fair would follow. If your opponent knows your going to sh a fair at them then they can just sh thier fair and probably beat you so try using empty sh's right at the edge of thier range so that they don't always know when you're going to come in for an attack, and then you can also try following up the empty sh's with grabs and fsmashes and stuff. I would recommend using bair more approaching because fair is a decent kill move and if you use it a lot it won't kill (though if you're good at landing rests, then it wouldn't matter too much).

I really liked how agaisnt the dk at the beginning you didn't use pound and then you just ape **** with it using it over and over. Doing things like that will keep your opponent guessing what you're going to do.

I would recommend grabbing a lot more. Grabs are really good in this game due to the brokeness of the shield. But if you do start grabbing more switch things up and do shields and dash attacks in place of the grab sometimes to keep them guessing.

Learn to land rests. your opponent should never live past like 80% (obviously the percent will change depending on how heavy your opponent is.)

Know that you can do multiple bairs in a sh so sometimes (generally after your opponent is past 30%) you should bair and then switch things up between doing another bair or upair or just landing near them and switch things up between going through them and landing in front of them. Just make sure you keep them guessing.

nair is a good edge guarding tool (especially if you can combo it into a footstool jump).

As long as you can learn to switch things up and stay unpredictable you should do fairly good.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
My take on it:

You are actually a very good Jigglypuff player :)

I would like to point out, however, that by the end of the match, you were spamming Dair rather predictably against the Zelda. That's a big no-no. Dair doesn't really follow up into anything useful except for a shieldgrab or Rest (which you weren't really doing much anyways). Also, incorporate grabs more often into your game.

Bair spam > Fair spam :)

You used Sing, missed, and DIDN'T get punished! :O lol Your opponent was just careless at the time... :p

Well, you seem to have no trouble killing (regardless of whether or not you weaken Fair with spammed usage O_o). Always set a goal to get your opponent up to 70%-80%. By the time that happens, think to yourself, "Gee, I'm overdue for a Rest!" Your opponent shouldn't ever really be over 120%-ish...

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
:o

I wasn't expecting to get so much help haha thanks guys.

I'll put this information to good use this Sunday at my tourney and I'll bring back some vids hopefully.

Thanks again. :"}

Top Bottom