• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

All Character Kill %s (**COMPLETED** July 6th)

metroid1117

Smash Master
I had originally started this on AllisBrawl and did not post this information here until now because it wasn't near completion. Anyways... (copy+pasted from the original thread)

The following are the %s at which each of the following characters will die from the given attack from the center of Final Destination with no DI in Training Mode (different kill %s in versus mode, as proven by Simna, but they should be similar) and on the ground* on a level 3 CPU. (For short characters, I tested UAir by pushing them to the edge and then UAiring them from off the stage.) I only tested attacks that I deemed usable for killing (only DTilt and NAir don't fit this description), meaning I didn't test dash attack, final jab combo hit, and Aether.

*See special thanks

Kill %s (in alphabetical order)

Excel file download is here.

- T = tipped, sk = spike, H = hilt, S = strong, N/A = not applicable
- All attacks were uncharged during these tests.
- For some attacks, I had weird errors, like USmash killing once at a certain % and then not doing it again when I USmashed the subject again with the same part.
- The tip of a strong UTilt actually is weaker than the middle portion of the strong UTilt; %s provided are for the middle portion.
- Even though FTilt can be angled, last time I checked it they had all the same kill %s (for Meta Knight at least).
- FSmash actually has 3 different knockbacks: the tip, the middle of the sword, and the hilt. The hilt hit only applies to when the animation is nearly done; this means that you cannot hit certain grounded characters (such as Bowser) with this because he is
too tall, and will thus be hit first by the middle hitbox.
- DTilt has 3 different knockbacks: the commonly-known spike, and then two outward hits. One is stronger than FTilt but has a similar trajectory, and another is weaker and sends them up at a higher angle than the previous trajectory described. Because of the difficulty in getting off these two different knockbacks (I believe the 3rd one described happens when the opponent is off the ground right at Ike's head, while the 2nd one described happens when they are right in front of Ike on the ground (or near it) and get hit by his arm) and slight testing error to get the 2nd knockback described (you have to push the test subject to get to the right position, so they are not in the middle of FD).
- Although there are two different knockbacks for DSmash (the strong hit, then the weak hit caused by the lingering hitbox), I did not test the weak hit because it was too difficult to perform on control.

You guys can help too in any form, from criticism to checking data.

Special thanks to ComboKing for testing the death %s on DK for UAir, DAir (sk), BAir, FAir, FSmash, USmash, DSmash, DSmash R, and Eruption, as well as the %s at which Wario dies from smashes, UTilt, and FTilt. Also, special thanks to Arturito_Burrito for pointing out to me that some attacks like FAir kill at different %s when the opponent is in the air rather than in the ground; I tested this and confirmed this to be true for FAir, BAir, and FTilt. Also, thanks for letting me know that people were having trouble viewing the images.

EDIT: I've decided I won't do the analysis; Mew2King's weight list covers everything already.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Nice job. Bad thing DI comes into affect in a real match but its still nice to know this stuff.

You kinda missed something though. Fair kills people on the ground faster than on the air even if they are in the same spot like the center of FD. Might sound a bit confusing but If you tell the computer to start jumping and hit them in the air you'll need more damage to kill it. ( or less I forgot but I think its more)

I'm not sure how many other attacks do this but I imagine there are others.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Nice job. Bad thing DI comes into affect in a real match but its still nice to know this stuff.

You kinda missed something though. Fair kills people on the ground faster than on the air even if they are in the same spot like the center of FD. Might sound a bit confusing but If you tell the computer to start jumping and hit them in the air you'll need more damage to kill it. ( or less I forgot but I think its more)

I'm not sure how many other attacks do this but I imagine there are others.
Interesting... I'll have to check that. Thanks for the input.

comboking

Smash Master
I have some for wario.

FSmash=56% UPSmash=107% DSmash First hit=132% DSmash second hit=110% ftilt=98% UPTilt=109%
thats all i got for now

comboking

Smash Master
FSmash=56%
UPSmash=107%
DSmash First hit=132%
DSmash second hit=110%
ftilt=98%
UPTilt=109%
Fait=142%
Dair=130%
Bair=122%
Uair=108%
QD=206%

there are my kill %'s for wario

•Col•

Smash Champion
and a bump. metriod I believe this should be retested using aerials for recovery. Even if we can't take DI into account we can do it with aerials quiet easily.
By using aerials for recovery, do you mean how like Fox gets a great boost by using a fair while jumping? o-o

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
By using aerials for recovery, do you mean how like Fox gets a great boost by using a fair while jumping? o-o
If you use your aerials while in a launched state, you get back aerial control more quickly.

I use forward air from the sides and D-air from above.

Should I be using something else, Arturito?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
If you use your aerials while in a launched state, you get back aerial control more quickly.

I use forward air from the sides and D-air from above.

Should I be using something else, Arturito?
Bair is the best move to use. Frame 7 > frame 16/18

metroid1117

Smash Master
and a bump. metriod I believe this should be retested using aerials for recovery. Even if we can't take DI into account we can do it with aerials quiet easily.
I understand that you want data (who doesn't?), but unfortunately I don't have the time to do much research now; unlike in the summer, when I could play whenever I wanted, I am restricted to the point where I can only play in the mornings from 6:30 - 7; because of this, I would much rather play Wi-Fi to keep my sense of spacing and practice in reading opponents instead of research. However, I guess I will put some research in for this on a weekly basis; it'd be best if others help with the research and then I just check the numbers.

metroid1117

Smash Master
I'll go ahead and help out when I get the chance then but I'm only going to be posting the %s you can put them into excel and everything.
ill help too
Sure (to both of you guys). Post the data here, and then I'll check the data and add it to the chart when I can. As a suggestion, you should use the data that's already up as a starting point for the tests.

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
This is rather helpful

Does the smash KO's mean that they are fully charged, because if so Gannon doesn't die at 50's when you fsmash him

metroid1117

Smash Master
This is rather helpful

Does the smash KO's mean that they are fully charged, because if so Gannon doesn't die at 50's when you fsmash him
No, these attacks were uncharged. There are more descriptions of how I got the numbers in the OP; if you have any questions that aren't addressed adequately there, feel free to ask.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
Well my sister got bored so I only got 2 done for MK. This is going to take longer than i imagine because I can mess up a few time.

All I did was U air, and jump/fast fall to survive. no DI

Ftilt:
93 can't jump back
104 can't reach the ledge (used drill rush this time .)

Utilt: 103

Top Bottom