• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas' hardes matchups.

xXLucaXx

Smash Rookie
so basically ive come to the conclusion (after many many matches)

G & W and Meta and Olimar are lucas' onli fears.

Disagree?:lick:

SwastikaPyle

Smash Ace
Luigi beats his *** quite well, I don't know if G&W belongs up there, although I haven't really fought a pro.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth Marth

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, Marth of course, but aside from that, I hate Falco. I just cant pester him with PKF since he's got teh lazorz. Same with Toony, and MK also hurts.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
PSIM isnt always going to save you. Itsstill annoying to deal with him. And it's not just his laser that bothers me. Its his general attacks. And TC, you're lucky we're not on Gamefaqs lol. You wouldnt be forgiven :laugh:

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
I'm getting better with meta, but as someone said Falco can be a bit annoying.

Marth is an obvious big one.

Snake I don't have that much trouble with as long as I keep the perfect distance away.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Wolf and Olimar are my worst matchups.

When my freind playes wolf I can't beat him at all (usually a 2 stock, and ironically when we went to a tourny he was my first matchup), and all my other friends who I can beat can beat him. Olimar is really annoying as short so he is harder to hit and to approach

Omis

my friends were skinny
PSIM isnt always going to save you. Itsstill annoying to deal with him. And it's not just his laser that bothers me. Its his general attacks. And TC, you're lucky we're not on Gamefaqs lol. You wouldnt be forgiven :laugh:
Oh the horrible times I have had on gamefaqs for making one little typo. Also MARTH is horrible with that stupid dancing sword. Luckily I have never met a good enough marth that he can deathgrap.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Dancing blade isn't so bad, generally grab or roll after the third hit and you'll beat the downstrike.

unit182

Smash Apprentice
Game and watch is a hard matchup up because he can bucket your PKT, and it will probably fill it up all the way, and the fact that his Dtilt has giant range. He also pulls out an item for just about every attack

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Marth, hands down. All it takes is one grab... even if infinites aren't allowed. One grab above 70% = death from a tipper.

pklucas

Smash Apprentice
marth no questions. Marth has only one legitimate counter. instead of banning cg at tourney's they should ban marth

lil cj

Smash Lord
Why does everyone say Marth??
he is not that hard to beat:)
He has no projectile, u can out range him with your projectiles.
All he has goin for him against Lucas is dancing sword and death grab(hardly any Marth uses this)
I know Im a noob, but whats all this commotion over Marth??
The hardest match ups has to be Falco, Metaknight, G&W, and Toon Link
And for some reason Peach is kinda hard to beat too.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Marth has high range, good power, better speed, kills pretty fast, and excellent B moves. You'd be hard-pressed against a decent Marth just about any time.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
All he has goin for him against Lucas is dancing sword and death grab(hardly any Marth uses this)
I hope your joking

Marceux

Smash Journeyman
Marth and Gatch (Game and Watch) are by far the worst match ups. I don't even pick Lucas against them.

Then, after that, I'd have to say it's Toon Link, Wolf, and Pit. But I'll at least attempt to use Lucas against them.

Trozz

Smash Ace
Snake's u-tilt, MK's sword, Marth's pummel-to-tipper, and Gatch's bucket are Lucas's hardest matchup.

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Keyword: DEATH grab. A grab that results in DEATH. And EVERY Marth uses it. And their moms, too.

Doyoudigworms

Smash Cadet
I can only speak from personal experience but there are a few that create drastic problems for this Mother Boy:

1. Olimar

Tether throw, with zero tether lag. High hitbox priority with smashes, & yellow/red Pikmin are impervious to many of Lucas' moveset.

2. Toon Link

Spacing is key for Toon Link, Lucas is a sitting duck for many of the projectiles, due to none of them having energy properties. Magnet is useless.

3. Snake

For many of the same reasons Toon Link has, just better hitbox priority all together.

4. Metaknight

One of the rare sights in brawl where speed outweighs priority, spacing is difficult.

5. Zelda

Despite being able to gimp fire-bombing, almost all her moves overshadow your own, even with impeccable DI. Most people over look Zelda, but most never battled a good one.

6. Marth

I guess this guy has made the list due to his break throw. Otherwise, I've never really had a problem with him, but anyone who can zero death you is a threat IMO. Same goes for Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom