• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu Footstool Combo Confirmed, Retested, and the Video up.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Me and Tommy G (the person who made the falco footstool combo) were trying to figure out a footstool combo for pikachu, and we did. After testing all characters, the combo is:

U-tilt
Footstool
QAC lock
Jab Lock
Thunder.

Tested with Debug mode (1 frame of SDI every 10 frames) here is the new list (only testing u-tilt)

(Organized in tier list order)

Metaknight can uptilted to footstool

Snake can be uptilted to footstool

Wario can be uptilted to footstool

Falco can be uptilt to footstool

Diddy Kong can be uptilted to footstool

DDD can be uptilted to footstool

G&W can be uptilted to footstool

Pikachu can be uptilted to footstool

IC can be uptilted to footstool (fairly useless since popo is never at 0% if nana is dead)

ROB can be uptilted to footstool

Pit can be uptilted to footstool

DK and be uptilt into footstool

Peach can be uptilted to footstool

Fox can be uptilted to footstool

Wolf can be uptilted to footstool

Sonic can be uptilted to footstool

Sheik can be uptilted to footstool

Bowser can be uptilted to footstool

Squirtle can be uptilted to footstool

Ivysaur can be uptilted to footstool

Charizard can be uptilted into footstool

Ike can be uptilted to footstool

Lucas can be uptilted to footstool

Mario can be up-tilted into footstool

Ness can be uptilted to footstool

Yoshi can be uptilted to footstool

Link can be uptilted to footstool

Falcon can be uptilted to footstool

Ganon can be uptilted to footstool

This technique does NOT WORK on Samus, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, Zelda, Lucario, Jigglypuff, Kirby, Marth, Luigi, and Toon Link. Take in mind, against these characters, they can jump out of it, and only if they jump really quickly. If they aren't expecting it, you may still get it.

For all the characters that this works on, pikachu has a 0-death. Incorporating the jab lock, you can U-tilt, QAL, Jab lock, thunder (guaranteed)

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
I'm giving this a try. I keep missing most of the time but thats due to bad timing. but i can see it working. It works on Captain Falcon but I can't pull it off against G&W. He's too light in my opinion. So my guess is that it only works on fast-fallers or heavy. won't work on light but i'll test with it more

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I'm giving this a try. I keep missing most of the time but thats due to bad timing. but i can see it working. It works on Captain Falcon but I can't pull it off against G&W. He's too light in my opinion. So my guess is that it only works on fast-fallers or heavy. won't work on light but i'll test with it more
Did you try just down throwing on the lighter characters? I haven't been able to test it recently

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
Did you try just down throwing on the lighter characters? I haven't been able to test it recently
Wow that completely skipped my mind. I cant test it at this moment but i'll try it later and give you my results.

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
I just tried it with G&W again. I managed to pull off footstool jumping him so yeah it can work, I was just missing. I then tried it against Jigglypuff, Squirtle, and Olimar and I can't manage to do it against Jigglypuff. she gets out of it too fast or just DI's too fast.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I just went to a tournament and was able to do it on a wolf and g&w, for wolf you do 3 d-throws to up tilt, and for g&w just d-throw.

Kallinx

Smash Rookie
I just went to a tournament and was able to do it on a wolf and g&w, for wolf you do 3 d-throws to up tilt, and for g&w just d-throw.
hmm.I guess I gotta work on my timing then. I'm trying to find any new ways to use this as well

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
K, i got a video of it, and it will be uploaded within the next few days. I don't QA lock all the way to 100 cuz i'm not that good at it yet, but you get the point of it.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
UPDATE: I have made a list of characters who it works on and with what attacks. Please enjoy and use to your benefit.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
You forgot Charizard

Edit: I see now where it is, but I think you should give him his own line, and I did have one question about footstooling - is it easier to do when they are falling from the uair or d-throw to shorthop then footstool really quickly, like rising from the ground, or is it easier to jump when they are in the air, then footstool while falling together, except you are on top...cuz although all I have is computers to practice this application, they seem to fall out of it, and even when I QAC down into them, they get up before i can go to the sides...jw if I am doing something wrong

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I did have one question about footstooling - is it easier to do when they are falling from the uair or d-throw to shorthop then footstool really quickly, like rising from the ground, or is it easier to jump when they are in the air, then footstool while falling together, except you are on top...cuz although all I have is computers to practice this application, they seem to fall out of it, and even when I QAC down into them, they get up before i can go to the sides...jw if I am doing something wrong
For this lock, you need to jump really quickly since all options would be when they are close to the ground. For footstooling in general when you are on the ground since you can control your jumps better. To get this combo, you need to footstool to the side a little, since you will be very close to the ground anyway, and just QAL from that.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Very nice find dude.This combined with quick footing could make for some serious combos.

If they don't tech the footstool.You could quick attack back down,footstool them again,then repeat and put an aerial in whenever you want.Do you see where im coming from?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
A lock is still better than a combo..i guess if they DI good and you only get to like 50-60% it would work, but otherwise the lock is better.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Why would you mix it up...if you can get a lock, get a lock. Combo< lock in all circumstances

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Id rather win with something more honorable.Sure if im behind ill do it for a bit then smash them but....

I dont want to see brawl reduced to a game where whoever gets the first lock on an opponent wins kinda thing.

It kinda seems its going that direction.....

WHAT PIKAVILLE IS EVOLVING!!!!...............

PIKAVILLE JUST EVOLVED INTO A SMASH LORD!

1000 posts woooohoooo!

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It doesn't matter how you win in a tournament, you must win. Yes brawl will become whoever gets the first lock, but eventually people are gonna find even BETTER things or ways to get out of them.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I've confirmed that a human opponent can escape by jumping after the uptilt however, if u use Utilt first its much much more effective.

I have a video showing just a few QAC against Snake and MK which will be up shortly for ur thread and i tested it against all the characters. It works on everyone but Luigi cuz he can jump pretty easily out of the Utilt

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Yup, u have to be fast but i've practicing so much with Kirby that i've got the timing for the footstool down. But Utilt works against everyone heavy or light. If ur having trouble start with Snake or MK they are moderatly difficult and should be good practice. If ur still have diificulty perhaps jab first then Utilt to add extra knockback.

I have a serious problem doing the QAC consistently how do u do it perfectly, b/c if u can do it perfectly this can go to 999% I'm going Utilt QAC down then left then right but i seem to mess up to after 3-4 hits suggestions?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Um...practice...it took me a while to get it too. Do you second pikachu gonzo? Also, for the easy characters so you can get the grasp of it, the spacies and C.Falcon work..ill re-test what i tested with a human...i couldn't cuz my bro was at work. Then ill update the front page.

EDIT: And no it can't go to 999%, if they DI the same way the whole time the best you could do is possibly like 70 or 80%, but then you thunder and they are almost dead from one uptilt. Pretty good if i do say so myself.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
I c what u mean about only to 70 or 80%

I dont second Pikachu but i would really like to master him. My main is Kirby and i'm floating between seconds. I honestly just need a counter to MK, thats it. Kirby is good enough to tackle any other opponent. Its kind of Ironic that one of my hardest match ups are against MK. Is PIka any good against MK and if so what kind of strategy works best?

Also could u perhaps play some matches with me online tonight so i can see how to play Pika???

U'll get to c my Kirby in action

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
He doesn't play online, but I'm sure other Pikas would like to play...I saw this really good kirby (female) at the last tourney I went to, so I personally would love to play you later tonight if you were up for it

As for being a counter to MK, not so much, he is one of our toughest matchups as well =/

but as for strategy, check the match up thread, there is some good stuff there, like what is commonly used from MK and stuff

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
Nice vid Gonzo, you do have the timing down for footstooling, lol but yeah, even if you cannot manage a lock for too long, this still is a great setup to put you on the offensive

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Very nice vid gonzo, its the same thing i do, but im just a bit better at QAL than you, my video will be up soon.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
gotya, since u didnt have a vid i thought i'd make one since u didnt have one and its such an important technique for, not just Pika, but for Brawl as well.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
in ur vids u DI quite far to the right to do the Quick attack, y not DI first then go straight down. It gaurantees they can't role b4 u get to them. I'm pretty sure of the frames i checked if u DI like that some characters with a small bounce when footstooled can roll out after hitting the ground

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah i know, i messed up in the video, look at the one in the match for a better one.

Top Bottom