• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Is This!? (Infinite Dimensional Cape?).

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If this is real, then MK's recovery officially has no boundaries...

I'm gonna have to look into this more...

Saltix

Smash Lord
omg....There was no lag in the beginning >__>
Meta Knight may secure a spot in my top 5 now...

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Sean was doing it in some friendlies at a tournament yesterday, it goes on for as long as you can keep it going. This can technically be used to stall the match... take a stock and go into hiding =/

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Lol i am sean and i know how to do it. not telling though.

the thing is though, i am not using it to stall, i am using it to get out of stuff in tourneys, if i am under pressure and stuff. Lucien might come on and tell every1 though who knows.

oh edit, i know the exact physics of how this works and everything. but once i tell how its done, its going to be used as a stalling tactic and this little 'trick' will be banned, and thus i cant use it the way i was intending on using it. not to stall but to just relieve pressure in a match or get out of a situation.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
Lol rather have it the Sean is no longer in this world. jk i am not telling. I explained myself in the edit of my post up there

Magik0722

Smash Champion
someone will find out eventually though especially now that this topic has been made.

So lets get started people.
Things I've noticed from the video
It cannot be anything with changing the controls as niether of them are using a name.
my guess is sean learned this first then was trying to teach lucien how to in the match. Lucien at the start attempted to do several u smashes as though he was trying for the first time and messing up, so maybe it has something to do with the usmash.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
nah it wont, the physics of how to do it wont make sense unless i explain it to some1. so you can try everything and it wont make sense. cause the button inputs are really weird.

N4N3RZ

Smash Journeyman
Stop teasing people Sean hahaha...
just leave this thread and let people figure it out if thats what you want xD

EDIT: that was sean doing the u-smashs trying to hit Lucien

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
someone will find out eventually though especially now that this topic has been made.

So lets get started people.
Things I've noticed from the video
It cannot be anything with changing the controls as niether of them are using a name.
my guess is sean learned this first then was trying to teach lucien how to in the match. Lucien at the start attempted to do several u smashes as though he was trying for the first time and messing up, so maybe it has something to do with the usmash.
nothing to do with the c stick or up smashing lol. i am just telling you the BUTTON inputs are hard to do, button is a button c stick is a stick haha.

fujbubccc

Smash Apprentice
Edit: This refers to Sean's post about how he will not give out the information.

See, I don't understand how that makes any sense at all. Even if MK can be hit while he is vanished, it is extremely unlikely, because its just guessing. And then he can come out with an attack when he's done being invisible. Just because only 1 person knows how to do it and uses it to "relieve pressure" does not make it fair. This move could easily be spammed at touneys even if only by Sean. It should be banned outright, or else MK will be able to completely control the momentum of the match (attack-->lagless vanish-->rinse, repeat).

gallax

Smash Hero
ok so im not a MK main, or do not even use him at all in tourneys...but i would think that holding back info like this is hindering the MK community. sure you may hve good intentions, but you are holding another key variable to put MK on top and its downright selfish. im sorry sean but you are an ***h*le for doing this. it angers me, and probably every else who reasds this, that you would even attempt to post that you know how to do this and tease the entire community.

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
no i am not teasing i am making sure this game doest go to ****. because of a trick like this. more like i am making sure people wont use this, even if people ban this in tourney i can still make it extend like .5 secs longer and you wont even know. it depends mostly. And I guess I am a a*sh*le for doing so

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Frankly, that is the most annoying thing I've ever seen. All I know right now is that it has to be done on the ground, and has weird button combinations that hurt your arm. There are so many reasons why I would be irritated if Captain Falcon had this ability, let alone MK.

I do not care to know how to do this, but if it is as useful as it looks, it would be nice if it was simply not used because of the cheap factor and the fact that in screws your opponent over the few times MK is finally in a bind.

Great find, too bad Captain Falcon didn't benefit. Question: Can Zelda also do this with her up-b? And what about Shiek? Also, - it doesn't matter if the cape is extended .5 seconds, that will be enough to identify that the trick has been done by any experienced smash player.

Top Bottom