• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm having trouble fighting Ike. any suggestions? like, where should i try to keep him: ground, air, edge, center, above me, bellow me? i find myself pretty much holding down the shield button for most of the match so i don't get killed....

how do you guys deal with him?

ADHD

Smash Hero
i'm having trouble fighting Ike. any suggestions? like, where should i try to keep him: ground, air, edge, center, above me, bellow me? i find myself pretty much holding down the shield button for most of the match so i don't get killed....

how do you guys deal with him?
Chaingrab him like a mofo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Chaingrabs and annoy the crap out of him using the Ice blocks, squall, and blizzard. Because of his weight and how many of his attacks have a lot of ending lag, he's very easy to chain grab so just wait for the oppurtunity to do so.

billythegoat

Smash Journeyman
Ike is all mindgamez, you say that you spend most of the game sheilding. This is your first mistake. You don't realize how slow he is so you play defensively. Much of what Ike does is slow to come out. Don't shield his attacks just hit him out of them.
I used to lose to an Ike player, this was because I was used to playing against meta-knight so I expected his attacks to come out faster. They don't. Just grab that mofo before his attack comes out.
Hope this helps ;)

lain

Smash Master
Uhhh... just grab the mofo. If you can't see openings for grabs on IKE, you're not playing IC's well.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Sorry, but theres no way IC's are losing to an Ike.

1. Ike is probably attacking a LOT slower then you think, rarely do you actually need to shield his attacks.
2. Ike is pretty easy to gimp using the IC's, get him off the edge, easiest way of doing so: see step 3
3. CHAINGRAB him like the little ----3- he is, Ike is so freak'n easy to CG, whether it be the 0-death 0-movement, the downthrow, or even the forward throw, he is one of the easiest! (or at least for me..)
4. De-Synched ice blocks, like mentioned
5. Also if you can chaingrab into a spike, hes also easy to do this against. ;)

Top Bottom