• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Game Table; Mineola NY August 9th 2008

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
http://www.thegametableonline.com/
http://thegametable.blogspot.com/

Mineola, NY 11501

doubles will go first and start and 1:00 pm get there before 1:00 to sign up and singles will start right after doubles end

Rules

- 3 stock
- 6 minute time limit
- Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
- Double Elimination
- Items are OFF including smash ball

Neutral stages for singles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick stages for singles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, Pictochat, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Castle Siege, Rainbow Cruise, Pirate Ship

Doubles :

Team attack ON
Life stealing is allowed

Nuetral Stages for Doubles: Final Destination, Yoshi's Story, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium, Delfino Plaza, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise

Counterpick Stages for Doubles: Brinstar, Corneria, Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Jungle Japes, , Pictochat, Castle Seige, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 2 stages that will be banned from the tournament set. however, only one of the banned stages can be a neutral stage. (ex. yoshi's island and corneria makes a VALID ban. corneria and brinstar makes a VALID ban. yoshi's island and battlefield makes an INVALID ban.)

Stage Strike Rule: If a stage is selected at random, each player / team can elect to reset the stage pick ONCE PER SET. the reset all must occur within 3 seconds of the start of the match.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

If the loser of the match chooses to select the stage at random. The opponent CANNOT change character. The loser of the match than makes the choice of changing character or not.

Excessive "stall" tactics are banned.
Controller Mods are banned
Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.

In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have ONE STOCK the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

price: i am going to do it with the new york city prices were there is a 10$ door fee and 5$ for the tournament

so if you want to do just singles or doubles bring 15$ if you want to do both bring 20$.

i am doing it this way to test it out the top 3 should make more then if it was just a 10$ tourny.

Also they have better air condition this time and we should have at least 4 wii's going at a time so it will move much faster this time.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^no this is going to be only brawl but on august 23 someone else is hosting a brwal/melee tourny at the game table. but plz come to this one show me how your link or sonic is doing

Korpocalypse

Smash Journeyman
yeah, should we combine the 9th tourney and 23rd tourney? I would be fine with two tourny's, i'll probably be at both as long as they're no more than 10 bucks each

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Great, been waiting for the next one. Btw, would anybody like to partner for doubles? (sorry about the last tourney ben, my partner who cancled ended up making it) I main marth / rob in doubles. Just pm me or post here.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
yea sorry about it being 15$ i am just testing this pricing out and i figure the top 3 will make more then if it was only 10$ plus an extra 5 is not that bad. also i feel keeping them 2 diffrent tournys is better then combining them we sort of get to see how a bi-weekly would do on long island

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
thats to bad patsie you get back one day after mine and leave 3 days before the next one.

65 people have looked at this thread i hope they are all coming

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i know i am double posting but i found out i should be able to get at least one camera to record the matches. i figure i will record the semi-finals and finals and i guess other matches if the people ask for it to be recorded

whut?

Smash Journeyman
I will probably be there. but ****, $15? weak!
I look foward to it anyway, hopefully you will record alot of matches.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
idk how long it will take i am going to try and keep the tourny moving at a good speed, we will have 4 wii's so it should not take that long i don't think.

p.s. the 4th tv wont be as big as the others but when it is being used the people playing should be close enough that it should not be problem plus its not a hd tv so no lag at all on it.

p.p.s. money matches are fine but since i want to keep this moving fast i would like to have the money matches go on before the tounry starts or when we are far into the tourny and might not need all 4 tvs going.

Top Bottom