• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Setting the Scene - A Guide and Analysis of Stages and how they affect Peach

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
First off a disclaimer. I am already aware of two threads dedicated to stages and how they affect Peach. They both have interesting disscusions and I will probably be basing some info off them both. Here are the links to them. If they don't work then check out airgemini's 'Read here before posting' Sticky. You may even find something else helpful there :)
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173057

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=179352

This thread is not to discuss her worst or best stage as such. This guide will include ALL of the stages not just those few. Pages 1, 2 and 3 of the guide will be dedicated to the 32 Brawl stages (I've done seperate guides for the different Mushroomy Kingdoms) and the Page 4 will be dedicated to the 10 Melee stages brought back with Brawl

So we have our own match up thread which is coming along nicely but I realised that there isn't really a thread dedicated to an analysis of all the stages in Brawl and how Peach is affected by them. Whilst some stages may not be worth mentioning as they are banned in Tournaments, this guide is also aimed at the more casual players who don't mind what stage they go on.

For information on which Stages are Tournament viable, please check out the SBR Recommended Rulelist by clicking this link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

Please note that depending on which Tournament you are attending and who your host is, the rules and viable stages may vary from the SBR Recommended Rulelist

This guide is what it says on the tin. It is an Analysis of all the stages in Brawl, from BattleField to Big Blue. I'll say what the stage is at a glance and it's layout, where it's from, what hazards are on the stage and how to avoid them/use them to your advantage, how to recover back onto the paticular stage, whether the stage is in Peach's favour or not and the best way of getting KO's on the stage. I'll also give a verdict and a score out of 10. 1 means this stage is in no way shape or form good for Peach. 10 means it's a brilliant stage for Peach

Feedback would be greatly appreciated, both from noobs and pros alike. Please no flaming - everyone is entitled to their own opinion of a stage. I'm just trying to help out so if you don't like it or think I'm wrong then by all means say so but keep it civil

I apologise for reserving so many posts...This is due to the 42 stages in Brawl (I'm hoping to fit about 10 or 11 in each post) The stages will be done in order like this - Start at the top, go from Left to Right along the row, then do the same for the next row and so on and so on
Update: All of the stage have been analysed and the guide is complete! Hurray! Unfortunetly, I still haven't been able to rate some of the stages properly due to lack of knowledge/other opinions/the bizzare nature of the stage. Here are the current stages I need help with:

Luigi's Mansion - still in debate about this stage.
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pirate Ship - new Floating above water thing may increase it's score

If you are looking for a paticular stage, press Ctrl and F together to bring up the search function. Type in the stage name and click on 'Find Next' to bring you to the desired stage. If you hate Walls of Text, then this would be a good idea

Update: Since I'm lazy and I'm sure lots of other people are, I've decided to make a list of the stages based on their scores for quick viewing (So for example, Incredible means incredible stages whereas Terrible means stages not worth looking at . I'd highly recommend you actually look at the description for a good stage so you know what you're doing rather than looking at it's score and blindly picking it in your next match :p

Incredible

Jungle Japes

Good

Delfino Plaza
Rumble Falls
Lylat Cruise
WarioWare, Inc.
Brinstar

Neutral

Battlefield
Final Destination
Luigi's Mansion
Bridge of Eldin
Norfair
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
Smashville
Pictochat
Shadow Moses Island
Green Hill Zone
Green Greens
Rainbow Ride
Big Blue
Pokémon Stadium

Bad
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2
Mario Circuit
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Onett
Corneria

Terrible
Spear Pillar
New Pork City
Summit
75 m
Mario Bros.
Temple

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Brawl Stages - Page 1

Battlefield

Stage Layout: It's a very simple stage indeed. A reasonably sized central platform with 3 small platforms that can be dropped through. One on the left and one on the right in the middle of the stage and one at the top. Very much similar to the Battlefield in Melee. This one is a bit brighter and cheery than that one though.

Where is it from?: Smash Bros Series

Stage Hazards: None

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: N/A

Recovering back onto the stage: If you've been knocked horizontally, simply float back. Be wary of fierce edguarders or characters with projectiles as they'll try and knock you out of the sky. If you've been knocked away vertically, try recovering from the edge. Landing on the platforms will put you at a serious disadvantage so it's best to try and get to
the central platform as quickly as possible. Use your Parasol to grab onto the ledge if you need to. The good thing about this stage is that as long as you aren't too far away from the edge, the slanted edges will make Peach's Up + B travel next to the slant, which stops her from gimping herself with the Parasol

General Advice: Stay on the central platform. Make good use of your Tilts here. Peach's Up and Forward tilts are excellent here because they go through the platforms. Pressure your opponent and keep them on the platforms to rack up damage. Also make good use of Glide Tossing and Peach Bombing - Glide Tossing to get in close and Peach Bomber because it covers about half the stage and is difficult to avoid on a stage like this. The horizontal stage boundries aren't very big so edgeguard properly

Getting KO's: The good old Fair will probably be your best horizontal killer here. Don't forget your Bair and Nair though. For vertical kills, make good use of your Up Smash and Up Tilt if they are on a platform/at a high damage percentage. Use your Uair!! Peach CANNOT double jump from the central ground platform to the top platform so use this to your advantage by juggling them if they are on that platform. In order to reach the top platform from the ground, you have to use your Parasol OR the Toad bounce you get when you first use Toad in the air

Verdict: It's a very neutral stage but it's also a 'You Love it or you don't' stage. I like this stage and I'd definatly say that it's a good neutral stage for Peach
If you want to show off, you can also Float from one side to the other underneath the stage :chuckle: (not reccomended)

Score: 5/10

Final Destination

Stage Layout: Probably the simplest of stages. It's a platform. That's it. It's bigger than Battlefield though

Where is from?: Smash Bros Series

Stage Hazards: None. Unless ever changing background puts you off :p

Recovering back onto the stage: This is where FD gives Peach, if not all characters, a kick in the nuts (just go with me on this one). Unlike Battlefield, the ledges aren't slanted as they are more rectangular so if you accidently use your parasol underneath the 'slants' your Up + B will send you up into the floor and you'll gimp yourself. Not nice. Float back as usual if you get knocked away horizontally. If you're knocked up vertically, then for goodness sake get back on the stage asap. FD has a huge vertical stage boundry and also a huge vertical gap in the air from the stage itself. If you leave yourself high in the air, you are very open to all kinds of nasty aerial attacks and Peach is very easy to juggle as she has almost no attacking options falling due to the lack of downwards range she has. If someone is trying to edgeguard you, Peach Bomber them. It will send them right down to their doom and you can grab the ledge and get back on the stage

General Advice: Watch out for getting spiked or w/e you want to call it. Be careful of gimping yourself with your Up + B. Avoid getting juggled at all costs because although the stage is a decent size, it's not big enough to make great escapes in the air. Float over projectile spammers and punish them and make good use of Glide Tossing Turnips for approaching as the terrain here is completly straight

Getting KO's: Fair as always will be your main horizontal killer but don't neglect your other aerials. F Smashes also play a big part in horizontal kills, not including the Frying Pan. Be agressive with your edgeguarding. If things are going on for a long time and your both have high damage perecentages, then try a kill with an F Throw. Get them close to the edge and F Throw because they won't be expecting it and it may just finish them off. For vertical kills, your Up Smash is very sitiuational indeed and doesn't always work well due to the massive vertical stage boundry distance from the stage. Nair's work but they often don't hit the opponent up far enough and Peach's very low jumps means she can't get them higher to try and KO them. If you get a Frying Pan, that can also kill vertically. And if they're at a high percentage and you want a quick attack to finish them off, use your F Tilt or U Tilit to finish them off. Gimping recoveries with Turnips is also another great way to get KO's. I've even managed to get the odd KO by taking someone by surprise and Foot Stooling them. They don't expect it, don't react quickly enough and can't recover properly.

Verdict: The definative 'Neutral' stage in most people's eyes. I personally don't mind it and choose it a lot but you really have to take control because of the few things that can really screw you up, mainly gimping yourself with the Parasol and getting juggled. It can be good or bad. You decide

Delfino Plaza

Stage Layout: This stage moves around a lot on a Battlefield style platform. The 3 floating platforms move about a bit and you can go up through the central platform. It visits different sections of Delfino Plaza. You'll recognize them if you've played Super Mario Sunshine. Thankfully there's no whiny, paintbrush wielding maniac this time. (I may say which parts it visits when I can be bothered)

Where is it from?: Mario - Super Mario Sunshine

Stage Hazards: Depending on which section you are in, there could be water which you could drown in. When the moving platform has finished visiting a section of the stage, it will re appear and float upwards to cotinue moving to another section. Be careful not to get left behind and watch out for anyone trying to force you off the platform before takeoff

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Don't go in the water unless you are thrown in there because getting out of the water and attacking can be a pain. It can also leave you stuck if the platform suddenly re appears. If the platform re appears then keep your opponent off it. If the platform re appears and your at a high percentage and your opponent is readying to knock you off, then go to the far left/right and float. Peach's Float carries her along with the moving platform.

Recovering back onto the stage: If you aren't on the platform then you don't need to recover as such because there aren't any ledges. When you are on the platform, Float back if you've been knocked horiztonally. Avoid the platforms if you can when falling from vertical knockback because they will put you a disadvantage if your opponent is beneath them. If something goes wrong and you end up so below the platform that even your Up + B won't work, stall your fall as much as you can. Use your Float and 2nd jump if you still have them, use Toad once to get a little bounce in the air and then use your Up + B. With any luck, the platform will reach it's next destination which will save you from falling to your doom

General Advice: Watch out for getting knocked down below when your on the moving platform. Make good use of your Tilts when someone is on a platform. Remember, you can go up through the central moving platform so you could Float beneath it to try and rack up some damage and at the same time prevent yourself from getting hit. Don't push your luck though or you may end up killing yourself. It helps if you can learn how to fight near the stage boundries when you can't see yourself very well

Getting KO's: If you're on a section with no ledges then keep beating them up horizontally. Make good use of your throws and F Smashes. Pressure them towards the stage boundries and you could get them killed at low percents (watch out, they may be trying to do the same). Vertical kills aren't very good here unless your on a high section of the moving platform. Turnip gimping is very useful when someone is trying to recover back onto the moving platform because it will seriously mess there recovery up and most of the time, if they try to recover up through the central moving platform, they won't make and they'll fall to their doom.

Verdict: There aren't any proper Stage Hazards such to speak of that will affect you greatly. Her Tilts give her a good advantage on the platforms and her ability to Float along with the stage helps her live longer. I think it's a good stage for her
Update: Be careful not to get Chaingrabbed off the side off the stage by a character like King DeDeDe when it reaches a section with no ledges (Thanks Praxis)

Score: 7/10

Luigi's Mansion

Stage Layout: It's a creepy, haunted mansion. On the Ground floor is a Final Destination style platform with two very small platforms in the middle. Above that is the 1st floor which is the same as the Ground floor but without the two small platforms. There is then the roof which goes onto the outside. There's a few small moving platforms on the outer edges of the stage. There are 4 pillars on the stage - One on each side on each floor. If you hit the pillars, they will eventually break and sections of the mansion will collapse and little Boos (ghosts) will pop out. They don't do anything though so don't worry. When all the sections have collapsed, you will be left with a FD style stage. After some time, the mansion will rebuild itself and rise out the ground

Where is it from?: Mario - Luigi's Mansion

Stage Hazards: None apart fom the pillars...which aren't really hazards. Do you see the pillars on the 1st floor and how that section of floor looks different to the middle part of it? You can't go up from the Ground floor to the 1st Floor by them. You have to go up through the middle or exit the house left or right and jump up there. You can go through the roof and drop down through it as well

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: If you don't like the platforms, break the pillars. Simple

Recovering back onto the stage: Float and Parasol. I'm just repeating myself again. As for vertical knockback, try falling through the roof and taking cover in the mansion. If the mansion has gone then grab the ledges. Be careful of going underneath them as like FD, it's very easy to gimp yourself with your Up + B

General Advice: TILTALICIOUS! Seriously though. Tilt the absolute **** out of your opponent on the Ground floor underneath the 1st floor plillars because they'll bounce off the hard ceiling and slam back down on the floor, leaving them open for yet more Tilting. F Tilt and D Tilt work best. Stale Move whatnow? Oh well *TILT*. Sadly, unless you stand on those two small platforms in the middle on the Ground floor, your Up Tilit won't reach anyone expect perhaps pillars. Which isn't much use unless you're trying to break the mansion
Update:
-Luigi's Mansion-

It may not be as tilt city as you may think. Technical players may just tech off the ceiling or floor and try to counter attack. I know this happened to me several times when I was playing my friend Snakee on that stage.

I would NOT reccommand this stage against Jigglypuff or anyone who has a good jab-like move. Reason is that if you get hit and you fall to the ground without teching, they can catch you in a jab lock, which can only happen 2 or so seconds as soon as the characrer hits the floor.

Good way to use the pillars is nice shields against projectiles like Falco's lasers or Pit's arrows. You want to try and keep the pillars around against those types of characters.
Thankyou very much for reminding me about teching (behold my scrubiness...my friends never bother teching which is probably why I forgot :laugh:). For those of you who are unware of what teching is, it is pressing the Sheild button when you hit a solid part of the stage. Instead of rebounding off the solid part, your character performs some recovery action when they hit the solid part and act normallly instead of rebounding off in hitstun. This works off walls, ceilings and even the floor.

If you find your opponent teching, then DO NOT continue to spam Tilts. You'll get predicted and then inevitably owned.

Getting KO's: Getting horizontal KO's will be difficult if you're both underneath the hard ceilling of the Ground floor. Turnip Gimp recoveries when you need to. Vertical kills are quite good here because if you stand on those two small platforms, your Up Smash will go through the 1st floor

Verdict: I think this is a good stage for Peach if you can take control. The mansion gives her plenty of cover and allows her to rack up loads of damage with her Tilts. If the mansion isn't there then you're left with a pretty 'neutral' stage
Update: Having had Tilt City taken over by Sir Teching, this stage isn't as useful anymore. And as some characters use this stage very well (I'm pretty sure Meta-Knight is one of them) I'm now very unsure of what to rate this stage

Score: Not decided

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1

Stage Layout: If I need to explain this to you then I'm surprised you even know who Mario is. It's a side scrolling stage of the 1st level in Super Mario Bros. It looks like it hasn't aged very well

Where is it from?: Mario - Super Mario Bros

Stage Hazards: Getting trapped behind pipes or blocks. The stage doesn't move that fast but it moves fast enough for you to get killed if you're not quick enough. The few holes there are in the stage DO NOT HAVE LEDGES SO YOU CANNOT GRAB ONTO THEM.

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Get your enemy stuck. You can float along with the stage which is a plus. If you're confident, try Foot Stooling your enemy down one of the holes

Recovering back onto the stage: N/A

General Advice: Watch out for gettting hit vertically! This stage has a stupidly low vertical stage boundry and it doesn't take much to kill you vertically anyway. Make good use of Tilts again. Her Up Tilt can go up through most of the blocks near the ground so use them if someone is trying to hide up there

Getting KO's: Go for vertical kills whenever you can by any means possible. Nair, F Tilt and U Tilt and Up Smash are all good options. Use all kinds of moves to force them off the stage boundries horizontally because it's easy to KO them with the stage moving. You can also get cheap kills by camping at the sides of the stage and thenthrowing people behind you whenthey get near. Watch out they don't try to do the same to you

Verdict: This isn't a nice stage to be honest. You can float along with it but you just leave yourself open for getting knocked upwards. If you're against someone with good juggling skills, you could die very quickly. If you get knocked/fall into one of the holes, your Up + B doesn't always get you out and you can't grab onto a ledge to save yourself. It would be ok if Peach didn't die vertically so easily. Turnips are also not very effective here

Score: 3/10

Mushroomy Kingdom 1-2

Stage Layout: By pressing and holding R, when selecting the stage, you will go to the 2nd level of Super Mario Bros

Where is it from? Mario - Super Mario Bros

Stage Hazards: Getting stuck behind all the blocks. No edges on the holes. Like 1-1. Getting hit up and down from bouncing off the ceiling

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: What I said about 1-1

General Advice: If you both end up on the ceiling, grab your opponent and Up throw him. It kills at about 40% because of the low stage boundries. Do the same stuff as you would for 1-1 really

Getting KO's: Hit them up if you're on the roof. Getting KO's here is a real pain because of all the blocks in the way

Verdict: IMO, this is better than 1-2 because you can't die vertically as easily. Getting KO's is a bigger problem though which evens things out

Mario Circuit

Stage Layout: Flat Floor with a racetrack running thought it. It's a got central platform in the middle of the stage and ramps at the side in the middle. You can go through them. Because all the characters are busy fighting, a bunch of Shy Guys are racing through :chuckle: Oh and there are no ledges

Where is it from?: Mario - Mario Kart

Stage Hazards: The Shy Guys in their karts. If you get hit, they'll send you flying. They won't kill you normally but they'll put you in a bad position.

How to avoid them/use them your advantage: There's a map in the background of stage. Keep an eye on that and get out of their way depending on where they are coming from. They'll come from the center or from the middle left of the stage. Throw your opponents into the karts if you can :p

General Advice: Stay away from the stage boundries unless you're moving in for the kill. Avoid the karts. If they're coming and you think you can't get out the way in time, then use them as Toad fodder. The karts will activate Toad's counter and hopefully your opponent will get spores in their face. Stay off the ramps because they'll put you in a bad position. Peach's Up Tilt can go through the lowest part of the ramps. If your opponent is messing around on the upper level, Float and attack from underneath or Glide Toss Turnips upwards to rack up damage

Getting KO's: Horizontal KO's are probably your best choice as the vertical stage boundry is reasonably high. Use all kinds of horiztonal knockback attacks to pressure them to the stage boundry and then finish them off with somehing like a Fair. Up Tilt anyone who is standing on the lowest part of the ramp as it sends them flying off the side, resulting in a possible KO

Verdict: There's nothing too horrible about this stage. Getting stuck on the ramps is nasty and the Shy Guys can get in the way but there isn't any real threats. Well, apart from get knocked off the stage boundry at a low percentage
Update:
Maybe put Mario circut at 4-6, because if the other character is light its not so bad... but either way, it takes away edgeguarding making you HAVE to kill at high percent which can make life much more difficult. Having to get an opponent to 150 instead of 100 makes a big difference.
Agreed. I don't have any other feedback so I say this is a good reason for a 4

Score: 4/10

Rumble Falls

Stage Layout: Infintie Glacier Rumble Falls is a vertical scrolling stage. It sometimes speeds up and scrolls upwards faster. When it reaches the top, the stage repeats itself

Where is it from?: Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong Jungle Beat

Stage Hazards: The whole stage is a hazard itself. There are buttons which make platforms move about but they aren't really that interesting. There are also green/purple spikes through out the stage which hurt. A lot

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Peach CAN Float along with the stage. This pretty much eliminates the scrolling problem. Throw your opponents into the spikes because they will often kill if touched

General Advice: You'll be concentrating more on suviving than fighting in this level. Peach's Floating ability allows you to fight well without too much of a problem. Remember that dark brown platforms cannot be jumped/dropped through whereas the light brown ones can. When the stage speeds up, get your Float ready. Be very very very careful of using your Parasol here! Ok so you'll float up slightly using it but you can't grab onto the ladders when in your Up + B state. So you will often end up killing yourself if you use the Parasol incorrectly

Getting KO's: You could let the stage do all the work but it helps if you contribute too. There are no ledges so go for horizontal kills. Make good use of your aerials when Floating

Verdict: This stage is obvoiusly in Peach's favour due to her ability to survive simply by Floating. Her low jumps however mean that when her float runs out, she's in a dangerous situation and because she falls so slowly, getting back on the ground to regain your float could mean you end up killing yourself

Bridge of Eldin

Stage Layout: It's a bridge surprisingly enough. Just a long bridge that doesn't have any ledges at the far ends of the stage (Wow they sure like their ledgeless stages don't they?). Every now and then the Moblin Chief (Bulbin King or something like that) will ride along the bridge. You'll know when he's coming because a horn will sound and the stage will rumble as he charges along. Occasionally he leaves a huge bomb in the middle of the stage which blows up the middle section. After a while, the bridge is restored via the Twilight Realm

Where is it from?: The Legend of Zelda - The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Stage Hazards: The Bulbin King will knock you over if he runs into you. The bomb he drops will send you flying and most likely KO you

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: When you hear/see the Bulbin King coming, float above him. Throw your opponents into him. Throw them into the bomb if you can because it will probably KO them. Never ever go near the bomb or run across the bridge to grab your opponent when the bomb is there as you'll get killed

General Advice: Treat it as a very long Final Destination. Watch out for the bomb and
grab onto the ledges created when the middle section gets blown up. If you get knocked down the middle and realise you won't be able to grab the ledge, stall your fall and then use your Up + B to try and get into the bridge when it is respawning. With any luck, you'll be knocked upwards and back onto the stage. Make good use of Glide Tossing Turnips and watch out for projectile spammers who camp at the sides

Getting KO's: Like with all these horizontal ledgeless stages, go for the horizontal kills. Pressure them and then knock them off with something like an F throw.

Verdict: Meh. It seems to be a fairly 'neutral' stage at a glance and there's no proper hazards apart from the bomb which is easy to avoid

Pirate Ship

Stage Layout: A Pirate Ship. Did you expect anything else? It's a ship with two central platforms, one in the middle and one near the top. It's travelling across the sea. Occasionally, the King of Red Lions boat will appear from the right. Sometimes a Whirlwind will whisk the ship into the sky before it falls crashing back into the sea. Cel shade haters avoid this stage at all costs ;)

Where is it from?: The Legend of Zelda - The Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

Stage Hazards: The water is an obvious huge hazard due to drowning. There's also a small catapult that will send you flying (it won't kill you though) on the left side of the ship. Speaking of the left hand side on the stage, there is a deadly hazard below the boat. If you happen to touch bottom side of the left hand side of the boat whilst it's in the sea, you'll get sent flying down and you will die 100% of the time, no questions. From time to time, you may pass Bomb Towers which will shoot bombs at you. The bombs pack a serious punch

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Swim back by all means so you aren't a sitting duck by Floating back. You can see when the catapult is coming up so simply stay away from it. If you do happen to get hit, float back. Try not to go in the water because if you get to near the bottom area of the ship you could get killed. Run around to avoid the bombs. Avoid them for goodness sake because they really, really hurt

Recovering back onto the stage: Float back. If you've been knocked vertically then it might be a good idea to space yourself and land in the water so you can't be hit. If you get knocked downwards when the ship is in the air then stall your fall so you'll hopefully fall in the water when the ship lands

General Advice: Avoid the catapult because it can really mess you up if you aren't prepared. Up Tilt can go through the platforms depending on where you're standing

Getting KO's: Horiztonal kills are always nice but the water gives your opponent a fairly safe way of recovering. If your opponent is on the top platform, get up there and knock them up with an Up Smash or Up Tilt

Verdict: It can be quite a hazardous stage can the Pirate Ship. A lot of things can screw with your head and those bombs can kill you quite easily and they come pretty fast, making it difficult for you to avoid them in the heat of a battle.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Brawl Stages - Page 2

Norfair

Stage Layout: There is a small platform in the middle of stage. There are then two similar platforms on each side. They go up and out from the middle. You can go through these but you can't go up through the very middle of the central platform. Norfair is covered in lava. Occasionally a safety chamber pops up to protect you from a giant stream of lava

Where is it from?: Metroid - Metroid

Stage Hazards: Lots and lots of them in this place. There is the lava at the bottom of the stage which will rise up every so often and burn you and knock you upwards. Walls of lava sometimes appear from the left or right of the stage. Lava waterfalls shoot up from the background now and then which will also hurt you. To top it all off, there's a giant wave of lava that comes now and then. A safety chamber will appear with it. If you enter the safety chamber, the doors will close just before the wave of lava hits the stage

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Jump to the higher platforms when the lava rises because getting hit by it will put you in a bad position. When the Walls of lava appear from the side of the stage, your main priority is to get out the way. If you can however, you should grab your opponent and throw/knock them into the wall of lava for extra damage :chuckle: When the lava waterfalls start spewing out from the background, avoid them. Just go to the other side of the stage and your opponent will do the same as they won't want to get hit by it either. When you see the giant wave of lava coming, get into the safety chamber as fast as possible. Push your opponents out. If there's only one other person, grab them and stall for time. When the safety chamber is about to close, chuck them out to get fried. If you get knocked out and there isn't enough time to get to the safety chamber (or someone is spammign preventing you from getting to the chamber) then start spamming Toad. With any luck, the wave will set off the counter and you'll be completly unharmed.
Update:
-Norfair-

A good way to use the safe zone to your advantage. Instead of keeping your opponent out, bring him in WITH you and once the door close, let out the Peach dominix inside you. XD Tilt city, smash city, do anything to rack up damage.Even if the opponent techs, he's still trapped inside if he can't take ahold of the situation. Once the door begins to open up (which at the time the opponent should be in Kill damage), position yourself as best you can and let off a killing move to him. Whether it'll kill him or not, it'll send him off far.
An excellent idea. You're going to have play smart (or pretend to be dumb) in order to get your opponent in there and in a position where you can beat the **** out of them. Whether you wish to use mine or Rockin's tactic is completly up to you. Personally, I prefer Rockin's tactic but I wouldn't recommend it against characters with good multi hit moves, such as R.O.B's Down Smash

Recovering back onto the stage: *Yawn* Float back. If you get knocked down below and the lava isn't rising then you will fall to your death. Stall your fall like you would do for a stage such as Delfino Plaza and with any luck, the lava will rise up and knock you upwards, saving you

General Advice: Avoid the hazards. Float below the platforms and U air them to rack up damage but watch out for them falling through and countering you with something. Turnip use isn't very effective here because the platforms are small so Glide Tossing them is pretty much ineffective. Sorry Turnip fans

Getting KO's: Be fierce with your edgeguarding. The stage is small but that also means small stage boundries so keep beating them away from the stage. If you're near the top, bring out the Up Smash. You can also hope that lava hazards will kill your opponent but it may need your input to work :p

Verdict: Falling to your doom only to be brought back up by the rising lava is nice but that's the only real plus on this stage. There are a lot of hazards that can damage/kill you. On the other hand, your opponent has to deal with them as well

Frigate Orpheon

Stage Layout: The 1st section is small center platform with a platform on the left hand side. There is also a platform on the right hand side that comes up to the center platform and moves up and down. When a siren sounds and the camera zooms out from the stage, the stage rotates itself around and brings on a different stage (This will happen in the 2nd section and you'll be brought back to the 1st section btw). The 2nd section is another central platform that dips in the middle. This has a platform above it that is a shorter, straight version of the central platform. There are also moving platforms at the sides

Where is it from?: Metroid - Metroid Prime

Stage Hazards: None as such apart from the stage flipping itself round

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Try and get a free hit when the stage rotates? That's all I can think of because after trying it out, it doesn't work very well

Recovering back onto the stage: In the first section, you CANNOT ledge grab the right hand side of the central platform!!! Just to let you know. The usual Float Parasol recovery

General Advice: Make use of your F Tilt and U Tilt when your opponent is on a platform above you (U Tilit only in the 1st section though). Gimp people with Turnips and pressure them off the stage boundries. Don't panic when the stage is about to rotate itself. Simply float away, let it rotate and get back to fighting. Your opponents who can't float will have a bigger problem with it flipping so use that to your advantage when it has finished rotating

Getting KO's: Horiztonal kills are probably your best option as the vertical stage boundry is fairly high and this stage is fairly wide with a small stage so character's with vertical/crappy recoveries will suffer here if pushed too far out. Vertical kills are very situational but the platforms do allow you to get U Tilts and the odd Up Smash in

Verdict: Urgh, I hate analysing stages that keep changing/have different sections. They take so long...Anyways, this isn't a bad stage and it doesn't have any hazards apart from the rotation. The ledge less right hand side of the 1st section can get you killed very easily if you aren't careful
Update:
I believe it deservesa 4. While Peach's recovery is of little concern, this could be the same to others who lack recovery. A small thing to remember. The first flip to where there's no edge to grab it on...you can use that to your advantage. Characters like Olimar, Ike, and Ivy need ledges to grab on in order to recovery properly. So if you send them off to the right, they have less of a chance to make it back to the stage.

Yoshi's Island

Stage Layout: It's a very simple stage. In the middle is a central platform that is in the middle and covers about 1/3 of the stage. The stage is completly solid though so you can't, for example, go underneath it and float all the way over to the other side. There is a floating platform above the central platform in the middle. It rotates itself left and right every now and then. What makes this stage interesting is that the Season changes during the fight. This won't have any affect on the terrain though. On each side of the stage are Ghost Supports that are small platforms that pop up randomly. They pop up very fast but when they retreat back down they go much slower

Where is it from?: I'm going to assume Yoshi is his own character now and say Yoshi - Yoshi's Island

Stage Hazards: None. There's the Ghost Supports but they aren't really hazards

Recovering back onto the stage: Float...Parasol...ooo deja vu. If you find that you can't get back onto the stage or grab the ledge, then position yourself so you're where the Ghost platforms rise up. With any luck, they'll rise up and save you from falling to your doom.

General Advice: It's all about the Tilting. Up Tilt and F Tilt work wonders here if you get your opponent on the platform above the stage. The stage is fairly small so Peach Bomber is good as well. However, the stage is big enough for you to Glide Toss Turnip approach. Gimping recoveries is good here. Floating, Turnips, even Footstooling works well.

Getting KO's: Mix up horiztonal and vertical KO's. Most of your KO's will be edgeguarding related. If your opponent has high damage, Up Tilt them or Up Smash them when they're on the platform

Verdict:
Don't you guys love when the Ghost saves your a$s in Yoshi's Island?

Whenever you mess up your UpB or someone edgeguards you ALWAYS keep falling with the umbrella open where the Ghost would appear, it may sometimes surprise you.
Edit: After playing on this stage a lot more recently...I'm actually not to keen on it. A lot of chracters can use the stage better than Peach can. The uneven, slanted terrain, whilst you may think this is good, can severly hinder your ground float as you can often accidently land without realising (or end up pulling off a very laggy Fair. The tilting platform is too close to the ground and can end up making you land on it or mess up your aerials. If someone can give me a viable arguement (if you're reading this after so long from the last post you deserve a medal) as to why this is good I'll alter the score. But right now, this stage isn't all that it's cracked up to be

Halberd

Stage Layout: To begin with, it's a completly flat area. A platform with edges that slant upwards on each side and a smaller, higher platform in middle will rise up out the ground. After a while, it will then take. It flies around with the Halberd in the background. It will then land on the Halberd. The higher central platform will remain but the ground will now become completly straight, like Final Destination. After remaining on the Halberd for some time, the platform will rise up from the floor and take off. It then repeats its course

Where is it from?: Kirby - Kirby: Super Stars (Thanks for the info Rockin)

Stage Hazards: When you land on the Halberd itself, there are a few. There's a cannon that will shoot out a blue looking orb that will land on the platform and explode. There's a claw in the back ground that will begin to move around at some point and then strike at the fighters. There is also a giant laser beam that fires out of a cannon

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: If you want to avoid them, simply run away. The bomb is very easy to avoid. You can tell if the claw/laser is targeting you because the claw will follow you around and a target circle will chase you before firing the laser (it is very slow). If you're feeling paticularly evil however, you should try and throw your opponent into whatever hazard there is so they soak up the pain. And if you're feeling suicidal...you can grab and hold onto your opponents so that the bomb/claw/laser beam hits you both :chuckle:

Recovering back onto the stage: Float and Parasol. Again. Be very wary of edgeguarders as the flying platform is flimsy and irritating to get back on without grabbing the ledge. When you're on the Halberd, if you're recovering up to the ledge, your Up + B should slide along the side as long as you aren't too far below (if you are, you'll gimp yourself but your Parasol probably wouldn't reach anyway)

General Advice: When you are on the flying platform remeber that you CAN go up through the central platform but you can't drop down it. Many people don't realise this. You can use this to your advantage by Floating below it and Uairing your opponents then Up + B to get back on the ground (it is a bit laggy so watch it. Go to the ledge if things aren't going to well). Be very wary of characters with good vertical recovery who may drop down and try to do the same. Sonic and anyone with multiple jumps like Meta-Knight are good examples

Getting KO's: Edgeguarding is essential here as there is very little platform to land back on. Make use of your Tilts if your opponent is on the higher floating platform. Pressure opponents off the edge, especially when you're on the Halberd as the horizontal stage boundries are close to the stage itself

Verdict: I'd like to rate this stage higher but I've found that the slants on the flying platform can mess up your ground float. Both terrains aren't fantastic for Peach as the flying platform is too small and the Halberd is too large for spammers to take advantage. The floating platform is good for Tilts but it's perhaps a bit too low to be of excellent use. Still, you've always got the advantage of Floating beneath the flying platform to rack up some damage

Lylat Cruise

Stage Layout: It's like a stretched out version of Battlefield. Central solid platform with downward slants nearing the edges. 3 platforms above the central platform that can be jumped/dropped through, one on the left, one in the middle and one on the right. The cruiser travels through space. In the background are various space ships and also a battle between Team Star Fox and Team Star Wolf in their Arwings and Wolfens

Where is it from?: StarFox - StarFox(?)

Stage Hazards: None to speak of. The stage does tilt itself left and right during your fight though. It's noticable but the tilt isn't huge

Recovering back onto the stage: This is where you have to be really careful not to gimp yourself with the Parasol because it is very easy to do so, especially if the stage is tilting in your direction. Float back as usual but the stage and it's surroundings are very empty so watch out for fierce edgeguarders

General Advice: This deserves a TILTALICIOUS! Stay off the floating platforms and get your opponents on them. Then Tilt the **** out of them. The platforms are low enough for your F Tilit to work as well. The slants at the sides of the stage help prevent projectile spam. However, you can Glide Toss with your Turnips which makes the slants not a problem for you

Getting KO's: Horizontal KO's are a good option but so are vertical KO's. Edgeguarding here is a must because the tilting stage messes up everyones recovery. Turnip Gimp them, Foot Stool them, just keep pressuring them off the egde because the stage boundries aren't huge. The vertical stage boundry can't be that big because I've killed people at around 70-90% with an Up Smash. Oh and speaking of Up Smashes, use them. Up Tilts are a safe option but if your opponent is on either the left or right floating platform, run below them and Up Smash them. It won't work on the middle floating platform but on the left/right ones, your Up Smash will reach them. It won't be a sweet spot hit but it's most definatly not a sour spot hit because it sends them flying

Verdict:
Lylat Cruise. The tilting messes everybody up. You can hide under playforms and up tilt. The tilting won't bother you because you still float horizontally. The ceiling is NOT any smaller than smashville or final D despite what it seems like.
This is a good Peach stage. You have to play on it a bit to get used to it but never the less, it is a good stage. The only downside is accidently gimping yourself with the Parasol. There is also the matter of Floating just above the ground. It doesn't work as well here because the stage tilts itself and forces you to land. Just Float slightly above the ground if you want to keep Floating. Oh yea and *TILT*

Pokémon Stadium 2

Stage Layout: It's another Battlefield style stage, central solid stage and platforms on either side you can jump/drop through (there isn't one in the middle though). Every now and then, the stage undergoes a transformation. It changes into 'types' of stages (Types are Pokémon's...well, type. They all have different strengths and weaknesses). The 4 types are Ground, Flying, Ice and Electric. You'll know when it's about to change and what it's about to change into because everything will rumble and the screen in the background will have a symbol on it. After a while of being in that stage type, it will revert itself back to the normal Stadium. When the stage changes type, it also changes it's layout. I'll get round to doing that later

Where is it from?: Pokémon - Pokémon (probably one of the stadium/colleseum games)

Stage Hazards: There aren't any dangerous hazards but on the Ice type there is slippy ice (amazingly). The Electric level has conveyor belts on either side pushing you off the edge. The Flying type has very very very low gravity. The Ground type has a hill in the middle but that's about it

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: You can't avoid them because the entire stage changes. For the Ground type, play as normal but watch out for getting stuck against the hill and getting hit with an attack over and over again. For the Ice, use your Tilts if your opponentt goes on the two floating platforms. A neat trick you can do here is a sliding Smash attack across the Ice. Just tap your desired Smash direction with the Attack button and you'll go sliding across the stage. If you charge it up you'll keep sliding. This doesn't work with C-stick Smashing. If the conveyor belts in the Electric type are getting on your nerves, float above them. Pressure your opponent off with the help of the conveyor belts. The Flying type will make you jump higher so use that for chasing people upwards

Recovering back onto the stage: Take a wild guess. If the stage's type is Electric, then try not to simply climb back on when clinging to the ledge as you'll just get pushed off. Try not to use your Parasol when the stage's type is Flying. It leaves you very vunerable and you fall even slower which isn't any good

General Advice: It's a fairly ordinary stage and if you played Melee, you'll know what to expect having played on the first Pokémon Stadium. Use all your normal fighting skills

Getting KO's Try going for vertical kills when the stage's type is Flying because your opponent can't land as quickly as they'd like to. Use Tilts to finish them off if they're giving you a hard time. Other than that, horizontal kills and edgeguarding kills are your best bet

Verdict: Hmm. It's hard to rate this because it changes so often. There's nothing bad about it but the ever changing stage may not be to your liking. Another stage that requires practice to use it's full potential

Score: Not decided

Spear Pillar

Stage Layout: This stage has two sections and is based on the Spear Pillar and Mt. Coronet. The Upper level is the Spear Pillar. It's a flat area with two floating platforms on either side that move up and down. On the Lower level, there is another flat area but with no floating platforms. Do you see the pedestal in the background? That is where one of the legendary Pokémon from Pokémon Diamond/Pearl will keep appearing and reappearing. There are three of them and they are Dialga the Time Pokémon (silver/blue dragon thing), Palkia the Space Pokémon (silver/pinkish dragon thing) and Cresselia the Lunar Pokémon (yellow/pink cresent moon shaped thing)

Where is it from?: Pokémon - Pokémon Diamond/Pearl

Stage Hazards: Tons if you include all of them. Depending on which legendary appears determines which hazards you'll face. If you get either Dialga or Palkia then every now and then, a section of the Upper level will crumble away. There will also be giant beams which frazzle you that fire vertically or horizontally across the stage. The entire stage and yourself will sometimes tilt and even flip upside down (this is much more common with Palkia) Occasionally, they'll even jump off their pedestal into the middle of the stage to try and hurt you. If you get Dialga, every now and then, Time slows down and everyone moves in slo mo. If you get Palkia, Space gets distorted every now and then, causing low gravity. If you end up getting Cresselia, then you will be bombarded with curved beams that fire across the Upper level. Occasionally, Cresslia will release a huge spiky spinning disk that will fly across the stage, attacking all in it's path

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: You're going to have difficulty avoiding some of the hazards let alone try and use them to help you. You can't do anything about the stage breaking up or about it tiliting/flipping itself. If you get stuck in one of the beams Dialga or Palkia then it's almost impossible to DI out of because it sticks you and the final hit of the beam really hurts. Try throwing someone into them just as they're about to fire. As daft as it sounds, if you think you can't get away from the beam, use your shield. The beam will eat it but it won't devour it and it'll also protect you from the beam itself. If time slows down, then keep trying to fight as normal but don't do anything risky that might make you even slower/vunerable. If space gets distorted, go to the Lower level because being on the Upper level leaves you vunerable for a vertical kill. If Dialga/Palkia jump out to attack you (they unleash a blast of aura from themselves to do this) and you're stuck, use Toad. It'll counter it and leave you unharmed. If you've got Cresselia, then you're in real trouble. All the stuff Cresselia throws at you can kill you very easily. The curved beams can kill you at around 100% with poor DI and the spinning disk can kill you at about 70-80% depending on how well you DI

Recovering back onto the stage: There isn't really much recovering involved on a stage like this because you normally either get back on and live or just die straight away. Go to the Lower level to recover. If the stage gets flipped upside down or it mirrors itself, keep calm and don't panic.

General Advice: This is where your 2nd jump shoots itself in the foot with a shotgun. If you're on the Lower level and trying to grab the ledge to climb up to the Upper level, 95% of the time, you're going to have to use your Parasol. You can make good use of Tilts on the Lower level because your opponent will bounce off the ceiling (watch out for teching opponents!) and also on the Upper level when the floating platforms are near the ground. At least you can't gimp yourself with the Parasol

Getting KO's Horiztonal kills are your best bet. You can Tilt people until they rebound off the ceiling to their deaths on the Lower level if you're lucky. The ceiling is fairly high so only go for vertical kills if you're in the right spot

Verdict: I like this stage because it spices things up but there is no denying it is a truly awful stage. On paper it looks good but in reality it isn't. Hazards will give you a lot of trouble and Peach's stunted jumps give her huge mobility problems around the stage. Getting KOed by one of the legendaries isn't nice and they are always there throughout the fight and only disappear for short intervals. Coupled with the fact it's very difficult to predict what they'll do next, this stage really isn't nice. Perhaps if you want a crazy mixed up brawl but not for 1 vs 1 brawling and most certainly not for Peach

Score: 1/10

Port Town Aero Dive

Stage Layout: This blatant rip-off of Mute City from Melee is basically a platform that travels around Captain Falcon's hometown. The platform will stop and land every now and then on different sections of the course. After a while, the platform will rise up out of the ground and carry on. Occasionally, the F-Zero race cars will zoom on past, sometime when you're even on the race track

Where is it from? F-Zero - F-Zero

Stage Hazards: The biggest hazard by far are the cars when you've landing on part of the racetrack. If you fall off the flying platform, you can either fall to your doom or get knocked back up by part of the racetrack. The flying platform also has no ledges to grab onto. In one of the sections, there is a wall on the left hand side that will send you flying if you walk into it

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: If you see the cars coming, get to the sides of the stage or float above them!! Comparing these cars to the cars in Mute City is like comparing Melee Peach's D Smash to her Brawl D Smash in terms of power. The cars WILL kill you at around 80% if they run into you and possibly at even lower percents. The cars are lethal and I cannot stress how much you should avoid them. If you end up near the section with the wall on the left hand side, throw your opponent into it but be careful they don't try to do the same

Recovering back onto the stage: Float surprisingly enough. The problem with this stage is that the flying platform has no ledges you can grab onto. If you find yourself in a situation where you can't get back on, stall your fall until you either land or until you can get hit by part of the racetrack to bounce you back up again

General Advice: Treat the flying platform like you would treat the flying platform in say the Halberd. You can jump up through it but you can't go down through it. Fight as normal, the terrain here is fairly flat

Getting KO's: Let the cars do the work for you :chuckle: on a more serious note, go for horizontal kills. It helps if you can fight well off the stage boundries, especially if you're in a magnified state (because you are so far off, you enter a little circle, like a magnifying glass to show you that you're still there)

Verdict: Despite the layout and looks, this is no Mute City. It would be an ok stage if the cars weren't so ruddy lethal. Not a great stage and Peach's low jumps don't help her

Castle Siege

Stage Layout: This stage has 3 parts to it. The first section is a platform that has a slope going upwards before it evens out again. There are two floating platforms, one on the left and one on the right. The second section is inside the throne room of a castle. On each side are two slanted flags you can go through. There are also two platforms on either side that are held up by stone statues. The third section is inside a cavern of fire and lava. The stage is a solid platform that is almost completly flat apart from the bump towards the left hand side. The stage tilts from left to right, the same way Lylat Cruise tilts

Where is it from?: Fire Emblem - Fire Emblem (the setting of this stage is not specified as to which FE game it is from)

Stage Hazards: None really apart from gimping yourself (I'll explain that later). There are the statues in the second section holding up the platform but...they aren't really hazards. The fight in the background on the first section doesn't interfere with yours

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: N/A (break the statues if you really don't like them)

Recovering back onto the stage: The usual. You'll notice that when the stage is changing into it's next section, everything disappears and all you're left with is a completly flat, Bridge of Eldin style platform with a brown, streaky background for a few seconds. If you are falling to your doom, stall your fall as much as you can because if the stage enters it's transformation phase, the stage will bring you up to safety from your certain doom

General Advice: This stage is a gimp master. There's no ledges in the second section and in the first/third section, it's easy to gimp yourself if you're too close. Moving on, use your Tilts in the first/second section below the platforms to help rack up damage. The third section is very 'neutral' but watch your ground float as the bump will mess it up if you're too close to the ground

Getting KO's Go for the horizontal kills! The left/right stage boundries are very close indeed so excellent edgeguarding is an absolute must. Vertical kills are hard to land here because the ceiling (especially in the second section) is quite high

Verdict: Gimping yourself sucks and the terrain here can be a bit uneven at times. The ability to save yourself by stalling your fall and the close left/right stage boundries balance things out though. It's by no means as 'neutral' as say Final Destination but the few bads are countered by the few goods

WarioWare, Inc.

Stage Layout: A solid rectangle for a stage, two floating platforms on each side of the stage, one above the other. It sounds very 'neutral' indeed but every so often, true to the nature of WarioWare games, you have to compete in various minigames. You will be told what to do in one or two words just before the stage changes itself. Completing the mingame correctly will result in a bonus for the players who did it right. You either grow big, get healed by about 10-15%, become invincible or in some cases, nothing seems to happen. You'll know if you did it right because a red circle will appear on you (if you did it wrong, you'll get a blue cross instead).

Update: Forgive me for being human but I don't see the point of writing out all the mini games and what you should do with them (it isn't hard to figure out what to do :p). If you want to see what mini games you may come up against in this stage, please check this link to Smashwiki Brawl Stages:
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/WarioWare%2C_Inc.

Where is it from?: WarioWare - WarioWare

Stage Hazards: A hell of a lot. Most of the minigames will hurt/push/kill you

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Grab your opponents and throw them into whatever hazard the minigame throws at you but be careful they dont try to do the same/the hazard ends up hitting you. Use your common sense! If there's are minigame that involves you jumping over something, float instead of just jumping :laugh:

Recovering back onto the stage: The stage boundries are stupidly close to the stage and the stage itself is tiny. Use your Parasol to get back up if you need to. Floating for recovery isn't really needed most of the time

General Advice: Don't mess around the edge. If a minigame suddenly appears and the stage and it's ledges disappear, you'll curse yourself when you find you fall through the floor. As irritating as you may find it, do as the minigames tell you, unless doing what it tells you is really stupid/will get you killed (e.g. someone is charging up an F Smash infront of you when it tells you to not move). Prevent your opponents from completing them aswell because by completing a minigame, you will gain a huge advantage

Getting KO's Use your Tilts to KO anyone on the platforms. The stage boundries are tiny so equally be agressive but be careful. Make good use of edguarind because if someone is of the stage, all it takes it usually a Fair to finish them off

Verdict: Hmm. It's very difficult to rate this one. Peach does a lot better on this stage than most characters because she float to avoid the minigame hazards/avoid people who get better power ups. On the other hand, she's easily KOed and the tiny stage and it's tiny boundries aren't much of a help
Update:
Peach's favor. The floating is too much of an advantage during some of the games. Has anyone EVER been hit with that hotdog car?

Score: 7/10hotdogcars

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Brawl Stages - Page 3

Distant Planet

Stage Layout: In the middle of this stage is a leafy platform which you can jump up through but not drop through that bounces when you land on it. There are leafy floating platforms as well which also sink when you step on them. To the left of the stage is a slope (you'll know what I mean if you remember Yoshi's Island from Melee) and to the right is a big empty space where a Bulborb (a big red creature with large eyes) comes from now and then. Flowers and little flower helicopters sprout/fly down every now and then. They come in either red, blue or yellow. The flowers that sprout yeild Pellets and the little flower helicopters are called Onions

Where is it from?: Pikmin - Pikmin

Stage Hazards: The Bulborb is a massive hazard since it can eat you and carry you away and there is nothing you can do about it. Every so often, it will start to rain which causes a high speed river to run down the left hand slope. This will push you off so unless you're Sonic with a Bunny Hood on, you aren't going to outrun it

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Stay off the slope when it starts to rain. When the Bulborb appears, try throwing people onto it so it eats them. Try to avoid landing on it at all costs because if it eats you, it'll drag you away to your doom and you can't do anything about it. Do you see the flowers sprouting? You'll notice they have a red/blue/yellow disk (They are called Pellets) on them with a number 1 on them. If you hit them, they'll drop and you can throw them at people. If you leave the plant alone however, a little noise will sound and the number will change from 1 to 5. If you leave it even longer, it'll change from 5 to 10. The higher the number, the more damage they do

Recovering back onto the stage: Float/Parasol. Grabbing back onto the ledge plays a big part in this stage. You can try and stall your fall so you land on the Bulorb when it appears if you find yourself in a sticky situation but I don't recommend it unless it's a last ditch resort as a means of recovering

General Advice: Edgeguard! The platform is very very flimsy and it's difficult for people to recover here without grabbing the ledge. Try pressuring people off the stage on the left hand slope because the stage boundry is very close to the top of the slope. Above all, try to get people eaten by the Bulborb. Even if they're standing on it's back, they'll get munched if they don't get off quickly

Getting KO's: I've already said use the Bulborb and left hand slope. Use your Tilts as you usually would on a stage with platforms. Edgeguarding and vertical kills are good here

Verdict: The goods balance with the bads. Whilst you're excellent edgeguardin abilities will prove very useful here and you can get the Bulborb to eat people, you yourself can get eaten. It's almost impossible to get a good ground float on the leafy platform because as you jump to float, it bounces back up and forces you to land

Smashville

Stage Layout: It's a slim, flat floating platform with a floating platform your can go up through/drop through moving left and right during the match above the central platform. It's like Final Destination only without the gimping ledges and it's thinner, much thinner. In the background are characters from the Animal Crossing games who are spectating. If you play on Smashville at any time after 8:00 pm on Saturday, just like in the Animal Crossing games, a guitar playing dog called K.K will be performing on the log in the middle of the background

Where is it from?: Animal Crossing - Animal Crossing Wild World

Recovering back onto the stage: Float and Parasol, like you would do for Final Destination. Aim for the floating, moving platform and use it like a second recovery spot

General Advice: There are no hazards here at all so fight normally. Be careful of the moving platform though because getting stuck on it leaves you vunerable. Get your opponent on it and Tilt them

Getting KO's: Do what you would do for Final Destination.

Verdict: I went through a phase of hating this stage because I couldn't seem to win on it ever. I like Animal Crossing but I'm still not too keen on this stage even though I can win now. However, I know a lot of people like this stage but I need some more feedback on it before I can rate it
Update: Of course this stage was always going to be neutral. I'd advise you practice on this stage a bit because landing on the moving platform can mess up your float/aerials and if you can learn how to abuse opponents who have landed on the moving platform
Smashville

This stage should be treated as FD. There's a floating platform that goes left and right and can be treated as a second spot for recovery. When it comes near while you're edgeguarding, keep an eye on that spot. I like to use it the same way I use the Battlefield platforms, which is by getting them on top and limiting what they can do, such as by fairing them, nairing under them, or waiting with a shield grab. It's slightly harder since the platform is moving, but you can still use this to your advantage.
Yep, this is good and even better with fresh Fairs/Nairs. It's a fast kill if you catch them while standing on the platform if it's on the sides.
There's also a situational trick you can pull off by hitting the other person with Bomber making them bounce off to their deaths against the stage's "walls" (if they're high on damage and depending the character's recovery):

My Edit: Sorry, Dekuu's diagram isn't showing correctly. Go look at his post if you want to see it

New Pork City

Stage Layout: This is very difficult to describe as such. On the bottom of the stage is a few platforms with a brown, flat, breakable house front on the floor to the right (odd I know). Above, there are multiple floating platforms on the right and a swing boat in the middle of the stage. There also floating platforms on the left hand side. Every now and then, a Pink demon dog with a little yellow bird on it's head appears. This thing is called the Ultimate Chimera. More info on that later. There's also a limo that flies around the place

Where is it from?: Mother(?) - Earthbound (I could have sworn it's from Mother 3)

Stage Hazards: The Ultimate Chimera. If you get crunched by this thing you WILL die no questions

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Get the hell out of the way of the Ultimate Chimera. Forget trying to throw people into (you can try if you're close). Go and take safety on whichever side/level it is on

Recovering back onto the stage: Recovery isn't a big problem here since the stages edges are so close to the stage boundries. If you do need to recover, you know the drill

General Advice: Don't pick this stage. No I'm being deadly serious, just don't pick it. Vertical kills are a nightmare to get here and the Ultimate Chimera will ruin your fun

Getting KO's Vertical KO's are out of the question as the ceiling is so ruddy high. Try going to the Lower level and bounching them off there ceiling when they're on enough damage. Don't forget about teching!

Verdict: Oh. My. God. It looks like Nintendo tried to make another Temple but gave up halfway through. This level is dreadful. It's not even fun, not even in free for alls because you can't get anywhere, items can't be used properly and the Ultimate Chimera cuts off a good half of the stage when it appears. Your low jumps don't help much either. Avoid this stage and if you really want a big level, go for the Temple. iIt gets one point for allowing you to edguard KO...but that's very rare since the stage boundries are so close and they can just fall down to another platform

Summit

Stage Layout: A solid ice block for a stage with an irregular ice block in the middle of the stage. There are two floating platforms on the left and on the right. On the right, one of the is a breakable ice slope. The stage occasionally slides down a hill at high speed and lands in water

Where is it from?: Ice Climbers - Ice Climber

Stage Hazards: Loads. When the stage begins sliding down the hill, the gravity becomes very low. If you stand on the slope the stage is sliding down on, you can kiss yourself good bye because you won't survive as it's about 10 times as a fast as landing on the track of Big Blue. When it stops, there'll be a lot of water at the bottom of the stage, along with a giant orange fish that swoops up to chomp you if you happen to land in the water. There's also a sharp icicle that falls from the ceiling of the solid bit in the middle of the stage

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: When the gravity gets low, stay in the air so you don't risk getting knocked onto the hill the stage is sliding down. Stay out of the water!!! Jump out of it asap, don't swim or you'll get eaten. Watch out for the tail of the fish hitting you because that really hurts. As for the icicle, it's easy to avoid

Recovering back onto the stage: Normal stuff really. Oh and because the stage is made of ice, you can't grab or even cling onto the ledge. Really really bad news

General Advice: Sliding F Smashes and uber Glide Tossing are fun but...no it isn't actually. Just stay off the lower level when it's in water. That's fairly hard though (I'll explain why later)

Getting KO's: Let them get eaten by the fish. Go for any kind of kills, the stage boundries are tiny

Verdict: Peach can't reach the floating platforms from the bottom of the stage (you can if the ice slope is there but it's so easily broken). Not even with two jumps. Need I say more? This stage will make you hate Peach's low jumps. You'll regret picking this stage as you get eaten by that ruddy orange fish for the 5th time because you were too busy trying to fight

Score: 2/10

Skyworld

Stage Layout: It's looks like a slightly irregular, yellow Battlefield. All the platforms are solid but can be broken to be left with clouds that you can jump/fall through. The is a floating platform below the stage which mvoes left and right

Where is it from?: Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus

Stage Hazards: None really. If the platforms are broken, it's very easy to fall through the clouds. I think you'll even go through them if you rebound off the ceiling if it's still there and don't tech (Press sheild to recover and not get slammed back onto the floor)

Recovering back onto the stage: Float. If you get knocked down below, try and stall your fall until you can see the floating platform, then try and grab onto it. Remember, you can cling on the ledges of the yellow platforms, but not the clouds as they don't have ledges

General Advice: This is where you realise that your Up + B isn't actually that good. If you fall/get knocked down below, consider yourself dead because 90% of them time, the floating platform isn't there and the platforms (which are very easily broken) aren't there for you to ledge grab. Although most of the time you'll be too far down to even have a hope of grabbing a ledge. Remember, you CANNOT go through the yellow platforms as they are solid but you CAN go through the clouds because they aren't. That'll probably gimp you as well if you're unlucky. Rebounding deaths anyone?
Update: If you can see yourself get hit upwards against solid terrain and see yourself bouncing off to the bottom stage boundry, try to learn how to tech off them. It's difficult but with good reactions and practice, it could very well save your life

Getting KO's: Try vertical KO's if you're on the top platform. Horizontal KO's are hard to get here. You can try bouncing your opponents off the ceiling down on the lower level if it's still there

Verdict: This stage, like the the series it's from, fails (sorry Kid Icarus fans but it didn't really do very well did it? :(). The biggest problem is that horizontal recovery is useless here and it's all about vertical recovery which Peach isn't very good at. You also lose the ability to grab onto the ledge most of the time to recover which also screws things up

75 m

Stage Layout: This is a stage version of one of the stages in the game Donkey Kong, back when Mario was known as Jump Man. Retro, no?

Where is it from?: Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong

Stage Hazards: Urgh. There's fireballs which hurt you going up and down the ladders. There's the pixalated Donkey Kong who pops out and throws springs at you (no barrels?). There's tons of ladders as well

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Erm. Don't pick the stage? You'll hear some music play when DK is about to appear so get out of his way because he and the srpings can easily KO you.

General Advice: The stage is huge but the stage boundries aren't. Avoid the hazards at all costs because they can KO you. There is no flooring on this stage! Anything that is darker than the rest means it is in the background and can't be stood on! Also, you can go up through the platforms but you CANNOT fall through them.

Getting KO's: Pressure them off the sides because there are no ledges. Tilt them if you're below your opponents on the highest point of the stage.

Verdict: This is down for one of the worst stages in Brawl for everyone, not just for Peach. But lack of edguarding, her low jumps and not being able to grab the ladders whilst her Parasol is open (you have to close it) makes this even worse for Peach. Retrotastic in some people's eyes it may be but sadly, this is a horrible stage

Mario Bros.

Stage Layout: This retro-tastic stage is completly true to the original game. If you don't know the stage layout, I'm surprised you even know who Mario and Luigi are

Where is it from?: Mario Bros. - Mario Bros.

Stage Hazards: The POW block will make you jump and flip up enemies. The enemies which pop out of the top two pipes will hurt you if they run into you. There are also fireballs which come across the screen from time to time

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Go on a different level if there is a fireball. For goodness sake, hit the enemies and use them as throwing items. On a stage like this, 'fair' fighting does not come to mind. Watch you don't get hit by one yourself because they hurt. A lot

General Advice: Use the enemies. Yes that's it

Getting KO's It doesn't take a genius to realise vertical KO's are almost impossible to get here because you can't jump/fall through the platforms. Pressure people off the sides and use the enemies as items

Verdict: Bad. Really bad. It would be higher than 75 m if the enemies didn't hit like Final Smashes, making you slide across the floor to a painful death. The retro ones don't seem to do well do they?

Flat Zone 2

Stage Layout: This takes place inside a Game & Watch console. It's another ledgeless stage *yawn*. The 'game setting' changes. I don't have their names atm...sorry

Where is it from?: Game & Watch series - Game & Watch 2(?)

Stage Hazards: In the fire brigade section, none apart from the bouncy trampoline. In the kitchen, the chef and the food he throws will hurt you. In the lion cage section, the guards will batter you from side to side if you hit them. In the petrol station section, if you hit the man and woman on each side, they'll retaliate and hit you

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Just stay away from all the above :laugh:

General Advice: Pressure people off to the sides since there's no ledges. The stage and it's boundries are tiny so watch yourself

Getting KO's: Horiztonal pressure is the best. Get your opponents off screen by any means because then they're in a pickle and more likely to accidently get themselves killed

Verdict: Meh. It's ok. You can still die rather easily though and the hazards can be quite lethal sometimes

Pictochat

Stage Layout: This stage is based off the wireless chat system that is inbuilt into the Nintendo DS. It's basically a flat Smashville style solid platform. During your fight, different things will be drawn which you can interact with during your battle. I'll get round to what they actually are later

Where is it from?: Nintendo DS - Pictochat

Stage Hazards: They vary from bullets to spikes to wind being blown at you etc

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Throw people into them

Recovering back onto the stage: Float. Didn't see that one coming did you?

General advice: Fight as normal and keep an eye on the things being drawn. If the terrain changes and put's you at a disadvantage, switch to defnesive mode until it's gone and get to a part of the staeg that hasn't got anything drawn on it

Getting KO's: Horizontal kills are your best bet because the vertical stage boundry is very high

Verdict: The things drawn aren't really that bad and they won't normally get you killed but they can still take you by surprise as you have no warning of when something will be drawn and what will be drawn. Apart from that, the terrain is flat and you can't really gimp yourself with the Parasol if you need to use it to recover

Hanenbow

Stage Layout: There a two trees on each side of the stage, one on the left (which is upside down) and one on the right (which looks like a normal tree). At the bottom left hand corner is a leave pointing diagonally upwards. If you hit the leaves on the tree, they turn from green to yellow to red very slowly (it takes a lot of hits to get them all to change). When all the leaves are red, a flower blooms at the top of the tree, like in Event 28. There is also 'water' at the bottom of the stage. Every now and then, purple fish jump out the water and bounce off the leaves

Where is it from?: Electroplankton - Electroplankton

Stage Hazards: The water is NOT REAL!! You can't swim in it like you can with normal water so if you fall in it, you'll just keep falling like you would do when falling off any other stage. The leaves change their angle when hit. There aren't actually any hazards that will hurt you or get in your way as such

Recovering back onto the stage: N/A (it has no ledges so to speak)

General Advice: Do you see the white line that runs across the center of each leaf? That's the part you can land on and it's also the ledge you can grab onto at the end of the leaves. Use your Down Smash on the leaves because it's full effect works very well here. Do your best to fight as normal and make good use of aerials. Watch out for people with meteor smashes (or spikes) because they will probably camp on the top tree to try and knock you through the gap in the center of the stage

Getting KO's: This is going to be difficult. The stage boundries are somewhat average so your best for going for horizontal kills. On the other hand, you have to play your edgeguarding safe because one mistake could mean you end up dying instead. Be agressive but not to the point where you risk getting yourself killed

Verdict: This stage is bad and it's probably not going to get more than a 4. However, I really need some more feedback on this one because it isn't as tragic as it first seems to be considering Peach's jumps can actually reach the platforms in this one
Update:
I have decided that this thread is crazy; Hanenbow is a great Peach stage!

-Tons of platforms compliment her aerial game tremendously.

-Large all-encompassing area for tons of recovery.

-Floating gives you a maneuverability advantage on a large amount of the cast.

-Any of Peach's multi-hit moves make the leaves go crazy (MINDGAMZ).

-The parasol can be used as an actual move.

-Not to mention it catches EVERYONE by surprise as a counterpick.

Just learn to stay to the left where all the room is and when recovering, aim to the bottom of the leaves. I love Hanenbow. :laugh:
Some very good points that make this stage seem not as bad as I thought it was. I'll give it a 4 for now because despite those excellent points, I feel that Peach's lack of a spike and lack of vertical recovery means that most characters can use this stage against her better than she can use it against them

Shadow Moses Island

Stage Layout: This stage is based on one of the levels from the Metal Gear Solid series. It's a ledgeless stage with a solid, flat floor. There is a platform above the lower level which is exactly the same except you can jump/fall through it. On each side are breakable walls that have some floating platforms on them which come up to the middle of the lower section of this stage

Where is it from?: Metal Gear Solid - Metal Gear Solid (I don't know which game :( sorry)

Stage Hazards: None. The search light won't do anything and the Metal Gears in the background of the stage who break the background wall don't do anything

General Advice: You can Peach Bomber up the breakable walls which is fun but you are going to have to break them sooner or later to stand a chance of getting any real KO's. Just fight as normal and Tilt people who are underneath you

Getting KO's: The ceiling is fairly high and the breakable walls prevent horizontal KO's. Break them and force your opponents off screen

Verdict: I've never played any of the Metal Gear games (I didn't even know who Solid Snake was until I heard he was in Brawl!) but like the character himself, this grows on me the more and more I play on it. It's a very neutral stage. The only downside is the lack of edgeguarding but that's made up for the fact that the ceiling is fairly high and if the breakable walls aren't broken, they'll often save you from getting KO'ed

Green Hill Zone

Stage Layout: This retro-tastic stage that puts all those other nostalgic stages to shame is set by the shuttle loop from the very first Sonic the Hedgehog game. The terrain is a curved hill, ideal for rolling up and down. The middle part of the stage breaks up when damaged. The Checkpoint from the Sonic the Hedgehog game also pops up in randomly in certain places and it can be hit. There are no ledges on this stage apart from when the middle sections are broken

Where is it from?: Sonic the Hedgehog - Sonic the Hedgehog

Stage Hazards: The middle sections of the stage fall away if hit too much. Don't worry about Tails, Knuckles or Silver who occasionally travel through the background and round the shuttle loop as they won't bother you. The Checkpoint, when hit, spins around and knocks back anyone who touches it except the person who hit it. You'll know when it's been hit because it'll turn from blue to red

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Hit the Checkpoint! By doing this you immediatly gain protection from nearly all attacks that aren't projectiles. It will knock back and sometimes KO your opponents. If someone else hit's it and they're camping there, get close enough and use it to activate Toad's counter

Recovering back onto the stage: N/A I guess but if you do find yourself falling to your doom down the middle section, keep your Parasol open because if it suddenly rebuilds itself, you'll get pushed back up

General Advice: Ground floating and Peach Bomber aren't going to be too effective on the lower section of the stage but use them nevertheless. Just don't fling yourself into a hill or you'll be forced to land. Use the Checkpoint. Seriously do. Try and keep on the upper sections of the level to make good use of your floating.

Getting KO's: The vertical stage boundry is reasonably high here. Force your opponents off the sides by any means possible. F Throw works quite well here

Verdict: Obviously I love this stage but I know some people don't think it's a good stage for Peach. Lack of edguarding and handicapped ground floating/Peach Bomber use isn't too helpful but Peach can easily get the Checkpoint thanks to her Floating and Turnips which is a huge key in winning on this stage. Pressuring people off the sides of the stage is also something she's good at and she can use the Checkpoint as Toad fodder if someone else has hit it. Glide Tossing up and down the hills is great fun :p

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Melee Stages

Temple

Stage Layout: If you don't know the layout then you ought to be ashamed of yourself :p This Melee stage is everything New Pork City wanted to be. This the biggest stage in the game.

Where is it from?: The Legend of Zelda - The Legend of Zelda

Recovering back onto the stage: Very little recovery is needed here because the stage is so big. Nevertheless, you'll find yourself accidently killing yourself on the lower section because your vertical recovery won't reach

General Advice: If you're getting chased to the ends of the stage, jump off the sides and go to the lower level by using your Float. This will help you escape and means you can save yourself from getting KOed. Tilt away if you and your opponents are on the lower level. Fight as normal as best you can. You are going to be severaly handicapped by your low jumps

Getting KO's: Go for horizontal KO's if your opponent is stuck at the sides on the upper section. Try getting in some rebound KO's on the lower level. Vertical KO's are nigh on impossible on the lower section and somewhat difficult on the upper section

Verdict: Peach can't reach most of the floating platforms in this stage without resorting to her Parasol, which is very laggy. She's not the fastest of characters and her mobility around the Temple is incredibly limited. Not a good stage for her. At least you can easily escape to the lower level if need be. It's fun in FFA's though...unless you're fighting Pikachu :urg:
Update: I'm giving this a 2 I've decided. Peach's mobilty simply hinders her too much in this place and other characters an camp the **** out of you down on the lower level.

Yoshi's Island:

Stage Layout: Don't get yourself confused with the Brawl Yoshi's Island. This is a solid flat stage with slanted hill on the right hand side and a slanted pipe on the left hand side. Keep in mind that the hill is a walk off (has no ledge) whereas the pipe does have a ledge. You'll notice three sets of yellow blocks in the left/right/middle area of the stage. If you hit these with an attack or hit them with your head, they begin to flip around and you can't stand on them. They revert back to solid blocks after a while

Stage Hazards: None (unless you think the blocks are hazards)

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage N/A

Recovering back onto the stage: The stage is tiny so recovery doesn't play a big part in this stage. Recover how you normally would if you find yourself knocked off/down the middle of the stage

General Advice: The slants are really going to mess up your floating. Although it does have a flat area in the middle unlike Green Hill Zone, the slants are much steeper. The blocks are quite a nuisance and it's easy to accidently use a laggy aerial when the middle blocks are 'flipping' and finding you can't recover back up. The stage boundries are tiny and edgeguarding is fairly useless since there's only one place it can be done on.

Getting KO's: Sadly you can't just D Smash on those slants to rip apart anyone in your way anymore. Try pressuring people off the right hand side. The vertical stage boundry is tiny so make good use of vertical kills and Tilts.

Verdict: The slants and blocks severly limit your Turnip throwing. There's very little edguarding and recovery involved and the vertical stage boundry is very small. I'm not sure what to give it atm but I personally don't think this is a great stage for Peach
Update:
Its ceiling is one of the lowest in the game. Not good for light, light Peach.
Update: For now, the score is going to be low. I honestly don't see how this stage is good for Peach. Limited Turnip game, difficult horizontal killing, low ceiling, no proper need for recovery...doesn't good to me

Jungle Japes

Stage Layout: This stage consists of a solid middle base with Cranky Kong's house in the background. It has a floating platform above it that you can jump/fall through. On either side are two solid, floating platforms. Instead of your average death hole at the bottom of the stage, there is high speed water running towards the left hand side of the screen.

Where is it from?: Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong Country

Stage Hazards: On the left and right hand section of this stage between the center and right hand side platform, there is a creature called a Klaptrap that jumps out and attacks you every now and then. There's also the water

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Just don't linger there too long :laugh: it's not really worth trying to get your opponent to get hit by the Klaptrap because it won't always come and it's hard to set up your opponent like that. If you fall in the water, immediatly use your double jump and float. When you get near a ledge, use your Up + B

Recovering back onto the stage: The best thing about the water is that it gives you your float back. Recover as you normally would

General Advice: Make good use your Up Tilt in the center platform if your opponents are above you. Immediatly get out of the water should you land in it. Keep your cool and float to safety

Getting KO's: Fierce edgeguarding is required here for horizontal KO's as the vertical stage boundry on this stage is huge.

Verdict:
Melee Jungle Japes. Why?

-INCREDIBLY HIGH ceiling, harder to KO Peach vertically.
-Water: Peach can float above it and recover easily with the parasol, while most of the other characters can't and end up dying.
-Utilt reaches the platform in the middle, she can hurt the enemy if he's on it.
-You can hurt people with turnips easily since the stage is small.
-She can float under the platforms (watch out for the klaptrap though).
Japes melee
u can gimp ppl with turnips when their in the water on the left side :D

just a good stage for her mainly, as said by deku before high ceiling, small stage, and alot of her moves can connect from the platform.

another one i think is a decent stage is luigi's mansion
> RIDICULOUS ceiling hight (she cant be Ko'ed as easily) but with a good connected Usmash can just breach the kill box
>the platforms are high enough for most ppl to miss with a utilt and usmash but peach's utilt can reach from the bottom platform
>the pillars (im kinda unsure about this one) cause they can stop most projectiles but it eliminates peaches range game....
Jungle Japes is really good. I discovered that you can Peach-bomber off of the large platform all you want because it auto-cancels when she grabs the ledges of the side platforms (you can even immediately jump back and Bair if someone was chasing you to punish your Peach bomber). You get your float back when you fall in the water, you can hover under the platform, you can utilt from the middle, and your Dsmash covers the small platforms completely.

The only downsides I see are:
1) High ceiling. All of Peach's ground attacks (except for fsmash sometimes) and half of her aerials send people UP. I was beating a MetaKnight to 200% in a tournament yesterday and couldn't kill him off of the ceiling...

2) The Klaptrap. In said tournament match with that MetaKnight, I got him to 200% last stock, I had 30%, and a Klaptrap got me and killed me. :'(
A few stages I'd like to go over.

Jungle Japes. IMHO, Peach's best stage. Side-Bing off of the center platform will cause Peach's side-B to autocancel when she grabs the ledge of the side platforms and she can jump off and immediately Bair people chasing her attempting to punish. Her dsmash covers the entire side platforms, and the water gives her her float back if she falls. The ceiling is INCREDIBLY high, while the sides are incredibly close to the side platforms.

Forward-B can also sometimes stagespike people off of the middle platform- they fly out and slam into the ledge of the side platforms and fly into the water.

Jungle Japes is the best stage against characters that primarily kill across the top. If you DI up, characters like ROB can't kill you. His dsmash and fsmash both have an upwards slant, his Nair and Usmash send people up. He can ONLY kill you with Bair off of the sides, which puts him at a huge disadvantage.

It's also the best anti-Snake stage. If you stay in the middle platform, the ceiling is too tall for his utilt to kill you and the side platforms keep his ftilt from killing you. Beat the crap out of him to high % and fair him off the sides. The stage's design also really messes up his recovery, since if he falls he has to up-B IMMEDIATELY or risk falling into the water, and that means you can grab him out of it or fair him as soon as he rises.

Just don't hover under the platforms, because the Klaptrap will get you.
This is a brilliant stage for Peach. The high vertical stage boundries prevent her from getting killed easily, just about everyone except Peach will struggle severly to get back onto the stage if they land in the water. Just about everything a Peach player needs is in this stage :)

Score: 9/10

Onett

Stage Layout: This stage takes place outside the Drug Store (I'm fairly sure it's healing medicine in the RPG ;)). The Store has two floating platforms, one above the other. If repeatdly stood on, they fall down and then replace themselves after a while. On each side are solid houses complete with floating platforms. This stage has no ledges. Every now and then a yellow Warning sing will appear in the right hand area of the screen, which means a car is approaching you. This stage has no ledges. No, you can't walk off to explore the rest of Onett.

Where is it from?: Mother - Earthbound

Stage Hazards: The cars that come zooming past every now and then

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: When you see the yellow Warning symbol, do a full jump and float over them until the car has gone. If you have good reactions, you can use the cars as Toad ammunition. If you end up getting stuck, hold your sheild and spot dodge when you see the car coming.

General Advice: The cars have been toned down a lot from their transfer from Melee to Brawl. They won't kill you now which is nice but they'll still hit you hard. The terrain here is incredibly uneven so it helps if you practice fighting on this stage a bit. Make use of your Tilts if people are on platforms above you

Getting KO's: Horizontal KO's are your best bet because the stage is a walk off. The vertical stage boundry is tiny however, so be sure to have your fair share of vertical KO's as well

Verdict: A real oddball. The uneven terrain means some characters will struggle more than Peach because she can float but it also means your Turnip game is effectivly ruined. The low vertical stage boundry means you can be KO'ed quite easily as well. I could really do with some more info on this one
Update:
I think I'll give Onett a 3 because you can get Wall Chaingrabbed (although the cars interrupt that) and the stage boundries suck...and your edgeguarding/Turnip game is very limited by your stunted jumps and the buildings on each side

Corneria

Stage Layout: This Melee stage takes place on the Great Fox, Star Fox's main space ship. The terrain is very slanted and has two laser cannons below the head of the Great Fox. Arwings and Wolfens fly around nearby

Where is it from?: Star Fox - Lylat Wars (It looks like the Lylat Wars Corneria so I'm basing it off that)

Stage Hazards: The two laser cannons charge up and fire every now and then. You can be hurt by the electricty from the laser's start up sequence and also from the lasers it fires. If the laser cannons suffer enough damage, they break and will stop firing lasers but it also means you can't stand on them. The Arwings and Wolfens can be stood on sometimes and the lasers they fire will also hurt you.

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Don't stand on the laser cannons unless you're in a very dire situation and need to recover. The Arwings/Wolfens lasers are hard to avoid because normally you won't see them coming

Recovering back onto the stage: The usual. If you find yourself in a spot of bother, recover and land on the laser cannons (if they're still there) and then make your way back up onto the stage

General Advice: Like the cars from Onett, the lasers from the cannons and the Arwings/Wolfens have been toned down a lot. The laser cannon can still kill you though so be wary. Watch your ground float here because the slopes can make you accidently land and you can't D Smash away on the slants anymore to cause some serious pain

Getting KO's: Whatever you want. There's enough space for decent edgeguarding. the vertical stage boundry is very close to the stage itself so use that to your advantage for vertical KO's but be careful yourself that you don't get KO'ed

Verdict: The slanted terrain may mess a few things up here and the low vertical stage boundry means you'll die easily if you aren't careful. Peach does ok on this stage but it's definatly one to avoid if you're against faster characters or characters with decent projectiles/vertical killers (Pikachu is a good example)

Rainbow Ride

Stage Layout: This stage moves around...a lot. First, you begin on a flying boat that is very similar to the Pirate Ship stage. Eventually, the boat will crash and fall down below. You have to get off and then travel upwards via various platforms and magic carpets. Upon reaching a giant swing with a big platform attached to the end that you can go through, the stage travels right across a slanted area with falling blocks (they kind of look like donuts). When you reach the end, a big red arrow will appear pointing downwards. The stage's speed increases and goes downwards to fix on the flying ship. The stage then repeats itself

Where is it from?: Mario Bros - Super Mario 64

Stage Hazards: The stage moves and the donut looking blocks fall away if stood on for too long but as for actual damaging hazards, there are none.

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Just like Rumble Falls, you can float along with the stage. Very handy indeed

General Advice: Make excellent but also clever use of your float and aerials here. There are pretty much no ledges to grab onto and one mistake could mean you end up falling to your doom. Travel upwards via the magic carpets when they appear. If you jump off them, they stop moving and eventually disappear. Make the best use of normal fighting when you're on the flying ship because the rest of the stage is more about survival. Make good use of Tilts as you would do on any stage with low floating platforms

Getting KO's: Aerial horizontal KO's are your best shot because they can be used whilst travelling along with the stage. The vertical stage boundry is reasonably low so make good use of vertical kills but at the same time watch out you don't get killed yourself

Verdict: Peach can travel along with the stage which is an automatic bonus. Her low 2nd jump makes this stage somewhat less effective than it used to be. Her Turnip game is somewhat limited due to the fact she's in the air for most of the stage. This can be a good stage against those with ok/bad recovery but if you're against someone like R.O.B then it's probably not the best idea to choose this stage

Score: 6/10

Green Greens

Stage Layout: This stage includes a solid center, Battlefield style platform (minus the top floating platform). On each side are two solid platforms. The gaps that seperate the platforms slowly fill up with breakable blocks that fall from the sky. Every now and then, the Whispy Woods tree in the background on the center platform will blow gusts of wind either left or right. It may also shake itself and throw apples out

Where is it from?: Kirby - Kirby

Stage Hazards: The gusts of wind. Sometimes, a bomb block will fall along with breakable blocks

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: Float above the gusts of wind. Grab the apples (you may you eat them instead) because they seriously pack a punch. Avoid hitting the bomb blocks because they also really hurt (they cause 20% damage and can KO you at around 80% if you aren't careful). Try setting them off when your opponents are nearby with a Turnip. Or you could try throwing them into the bomb blocks

Recovering back onto the stage: Float and Parasol. Be careful not to gimp yourself if your recovering from below. Up + B into a bomb block to try and recover from below so you can get back onto the stage

General Advice: Fight as you normally would. Tilt anyone above you etc. etc. I'm just repeating myself aren't I?

Getting KO's: There is enough space for you to make good use of edgeguarding so be fierce with it. Vertical KO's are somewhat difficult to get here

Verdict:
Green Greens. This stage is usually a great stage for Peach, but it can be double-edged. The KO zones on the sides are REALLY close to the stage, and the ceiling is really short. You can kill people at insanely low % with an upsmash, or a fair at the side of the stage. I'm talking 60%. This eliminates Peach's problem with killing, and since she can often do ~50% in a single combo...yeah, see where I'm going? :)

The downside is of course you can be killed equally easy, but I think the character with the poorer kill moves is benefited more. The simple rule is to always stay towards the center of the stage of your opponent. Don't go to the side platforms alone, but chase your opponents out there if they are at killing %.

Peach's tilts reach right through the platform floors too :)

Also, watch out for Dedede infinite chaingrabs into the walls or dtilt infinites. If you are worried about this, break the blocks when you have free moments.
In my experience, I'd say the vertical stage boundry is higher than some stages but nevertheless, it is reasonably short. The horizontal stage boundries are very very close indeed so edgeguard KO's are your best friend here and they really live up to it. Praxis has offered some good advice about how to use this stage and I agree with the part about staying in the middle. A decent Peach stage
Update:
After taking things into consideration, I'm going to give it a 4. It's reasonably neutral but mobility can be somewhat difficult. Get Chaingrabbed against the blocks sucks as well and the bomb blocks are fairly lethal. Blocks also can gimp your recovery if you're jumping and hinder your Turnip game

Big Blue

Stage Layout: This stage takes place on the Big Blue course in F-Zero. You start on Captain Falcon's ship and follow the F-Zero race cars around the track

Where is it from?: F-Zero - F-Zero

Stage Hazards: If you land on the racetrack, unlike Port Town Aero Dive, you will get carried away to the left to a nasty death unless you don't get off quickly. The race sometimes goes over giant gaps in the racetrack

How to avoid/use them to your advantage: Don't go on the racetrack. If you do happen to fall on it, get up immediatly and double jump float back towards the cars. If you're falling down the giant gap areas of the racetrack, stall your fall as much as you can until you get back to the track and be ready to get back on a car or something if you happen to land on the racetrack

Recovering back onto the stage: N/A (there aren't any ledges apart from on the floating black orbs)

General Advice: Do you best to fight as normal. Try and make people land on the racetrack when they still have hitstun so the racetrack carries them away. Make good use of air game

Getting KO's: Slamming them against the racetrack is a good option. The vertical stage boundry is fairly high so your best sticking with horiztonal kills

Verdict: It's a fun stage I'll give it that but against one person, this can be a huge pain. You'll be focusing more on surviving. Peach's floating gives her the upper hand but I'm still unsure of what to rate this stage
Update: It's by no means a good stage but just about every other character is going to have a much harder time surviving/keeping off the track than you.

Score: 6/10

Brinstar

Stage Layout: Another Battlefield style stage. There are attachments on the left and right platforms and in the middle of the stage which can be broken. Like Norfair, lava rises up and down which will hurt you

Where is it from?: Metroid - Metroid

Stage Hazards: The breakable parts. And the lava

How to avoid them/use them to your advantage: If you don't like the stage being small, break the middle breakable terrain and it'll move outwards and split in half. If you break the breakable strands holding the left/right floating platform to the ground, they will shoot up at a 45 degree angle backwards

Recovering back onto the stage: Stall your fall like you would do in Norfair if you find yourself in a pickle. Hopefully the lava will send you flying back up. Remember, you can jump up through the center platform but you cannot fall through it.

General Advice: Fight like you would in Battlefield. Watch your ground float as the terrain on the central platform is somewhat uneven

Getting KO's: Edgeguarding and horizontal KO's are all well and good but there is enough room for your opponent to recover to a different part of the stage which makes things more difficult. The stage boundries are very small indeed. Go for vertical kills whenever you see an opening

Verdict:
Brinstar. Always been a good Peach stage, and still is. The stage is all curved so it messes people up, but with your float you aren't bothered. The edges are pretty good. Also if you fall you float soooo slowly now you will always have time to wait and let the fire save you pretty much no matter when if you fall down there.
I also love places like Brinstar & Delfino Plaza, and Norfair since if Peach does miss with upB, then she can just kinda float until the next platform appears. In Brinstars case it is the acid knocking you up, as Praxis quite rightly pointed out, whereas Norfair has lava to give justice
Brinstar. The uneven terrain will mess up ground-heavy opponents more than it will affect Peach, since Peach can float. If you miss an up-B, you can float down till the acid saves you. Don't pick this stage against aerialists like G&W or MK though.
A good stage by the looks of things. You have to really take control and use the terrain to your advantage in this one. Once you do, this will be a great stage for you

Pokémon Stadium

Stage Layout: This Melee stage is almost identical to Pokémon Stadium 2 (although that makes Stadium 2 the copy). The stage changes it's type like the other Stadium and the screen in the background will tell you which one. It changes into Fire, Water, Grass or Rock

Where is it from? Pokémon - Pokémon Stadium(?)

Stage Hazards: None really. The stage changes but thats it. No added effects

Recovering back onto the stage: Float and Parasol. The best thing about this stage is that it is almost impossible to gimp yourself with your Up + B. If you find that you have Up + B'd into the edges that are similar to Final Destination, don't panic. Simply float backwards and you will auto grab onto the ledge :)

General Advice: Fight as normal. Be prepared for when the stage changes. Be aware that the windmill in the Water type stage is now solid. You can no longer jump/fall through it

Getting KO's Horizontal/Edgeguarding KO's are your best. Gimp people's recoveries with Turnips and even if they are close enough to recover, they may end up accidently gimping themselves underneath the edges. Vertical KO's are also good here because on the majority of floating platforms, your Up Tilt, F Tilt AND Up Smash will reach you opponents when standing underneath them

Verdict:
PS 1 is a pretty good stage for Peach since the ledges dont gimp her since her Parasol allows you to DI to the edge and grab it if she gets caught under the lip.
Again, this is hard to rate because it changes so much but I will say this, I think this is a better stage for Peach than Pokémon Stadium 2, if only for the fact you can't gimp yourself
Update:

Pokemon Statium 1

This stage is more neutral/mostly picked because it doesn't screw around with the physics of you playing (ex, PS2'd ice field, fly field, etc.). The stage is neutral, but some people may not feel that way considering the type of advantages some characters may have.

Water Stage-

oooooh, this one is Fun for Peach.The watermill is solid now, so this means that Peach can give off some gimps. You can throw some tilts for juggling ability and try to gimp them as early as you could. Keep in mind as to where the angle of the windmill is.

-Fire stage-

Range characters like the swordmens could be an issue, since they can attack through the tree wall, so be careful. There's a small corner spot to the left Peach can use to trap the opponent, but keep in mind this fate could also happen to her. The little house on the right can help Peach with uptilts and ftilts, not to mention nairs as well, especially if they bounce from the tree.

Mountain stage -

This used to be Peach's Dsmash city place, but since it's nerfed, it shows little need for the stage.You can still use that space for other needs, such as a spam turnip spot or you can take some characters like Olimar and such with you to do some damage. Ike can chainthrow you to the wall constantly as well as characters with jabs could give Peach locks. On the highest point of the mountain, you can use it as a early kill point for verticle attacks. Just be sure to not get hit yourself. Remember, Peach is a floaty character.

I would rate it a 5. Peach has her own fair shares of advantages and disadvantages
I pretty much agree with all that's been said. It's tempting to rate this a bit higher because you can't gimp yourself under the stage but I personally don't think that's enough to merit this stage higher marks

Well that concludes all 42 stages in Brawl. If you disagree with any of my guide or feel I have incorrectly rated a stage or feel that I have missed out anything important then do say so but please give me valid reasons for your opinions

I hope this helps someone :) Happy Brawling

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yay, Rick, I lurves you! Even though you stole my idea for a thread...

How about some nice suggestions?:
Color coding!
That thread title is pretty random - although I get the "setting the stage" reference. Oh, how bout that? "Setting the Stage - A Guide and Analysis of Stages for Peach"

Also, Battlefield is not good for Peach. >:D

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Not that I'm trying to hijack my own rightful your thread, but how about you format a bit like this? Notice:

- Verdict (the important part) is in red
- Score in italics
- The "Where Is From" is gone for lack of necessity
- Some nifty spaces

I think these suggestions would make it easier to read. But they are suggestions after all, no complete need for a change! I also like the title.

------------------------

Final Destination

Stage Layout: Probably the simplest of stages. It's a platform. That's it. It's bigger than Battlefield though

Stage Hazards: None. Unless ever changing background puts you off :p

Recovering back onto the stage: This is where FD gives Peach, if not all characters, a kick in the nuts (just go with me on this one). Unlike Battlefield, the ledges aren't slanted as they are more rectangular so if you accidently use your parasol underneath the 'slants' your Up + B will send you up into the floor and you'll gimp yourself. Not nice. Float back as usual if you get knocked away horizontally. If you're knocked up vertically, then for goodness sake get back on the stage asap. FD has a huge vertical stage boundry and also a huge vertical gap in the air from the stage itself. If you leave yourself high in the air, you are very open to all kinds of nasty aerial attacks and Peach is very easy to juggle as she has almost no attacking options falling due to the lack of downwards range she has. If someone is trying to edgeguard you, Peach Bomber them. It will send them right down to their doom and you can grab the ledge and get back on the stage

General Advice: Watch out for getting spiked or w/e you want to call it. Be careful of gimping yourself with your Up + B. Avoid getting juggled at all costs because although the stage is a decent size, it's not big enough to make great escapes in the air. Float over projectile spammers and punish them and make good use of Glide Tossing Turnips for approaching as the terrain here is completly straight

Getting KO's: Fair as always will be your main horizontal killer but don't neglect your other aerials. F Smashes also play a big part in horizontal kills, not including the Frying Pan. Be agressive with your edgeguarding. If things are going on for a long time and your both have high damage perecentages, then try a kill with an F Throw. Get them close to the edge and F Throw because they won't be expecting it and it may just finish them off. For vertical kills, your Up Smash is very sitiuational indeed and doesn't always work well due to the massive vertical stage boundry distance from the stage. Nair's work but they often don't hit the opponent up far enough and Peach's very low jumps means she can't get them higher to try and KO them. If you get a Frying Pan, that can also kill vertically. And if they're at a high percentage and you want a quick attack to finish them off, use your F Tilt or U Tilit to finish them off. Gimping recoveries with Turnips is also another great way to get KO's. I've even managed to get the odd KO by taking someone by surprise and Foot Stooling them. They don't expect it, don't react quickly enough and can't recover properly.

Verdict: The definative 'Neutral' stage in most people's eyes. I personally don't mind it and choose it a lot but you really have to take control because of the few things that can really screw you up, mainly gimping yourself with the Parasol and getting juggled. It can be good or bad. You decide

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Maybe put Mario circut at 4-6, because if the other character is light its not so bad... but either way, it takes away edgeguarding making you HAVE to kill at high percent which can make life much more difficult. Having to get an opponent to 150 instead of 100 makes a big difference. This is really great, keep up the good work.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
*shameless bump*

I'm about halfway through the guide, I'll get it finished asap (my bedroom is getting done out so things are a little busy at my end). I could still do with some more opinions on the stages that I haven't rated yet because my personal preferences are null and void if the majority think that I'm wrong

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Mario circut 4/ 10 already explained why.

Norfair 6/10 simply because you can float and wait for the lava to save you, also the parasol helps you fall slower. Everything else goes both ways. Its hard to get vertical kills, but horizontal kills are easy.

Frigate 5/10 maybe 6/10 because you can float and not get "stage owned" when it flips and that has saved me a couple time actually... but only in multiplayer, 1 on 1 is too fast paced to worry about floating when it flips.

Wario Ware inc. 7/ 10 simply because I like the stage and think it gets easier with practice and floating helps out alot. Otherwise its just battlefield that mk cant glide under neath.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

You mentioned Yoshi's Island. I hate this stage because the slant messes up my autocancels and instafloat often.

The stages you haven't mentioned:

1) Green Greens. This stage is usually a great stage for Peach, but it can be double-edged. The KO zones on the sides are REALLY close to the stage, and the ceiling is really short. You can kill people at insanely low % with an upsmash, or a fair at the side of the stage. I'm talking 60%. This eliminates Peach's problem with killing, and since she can often do ~50% in a single combo...yeah, see where I'm going? :)

The downside is of course you can be killed equally easy, but I think the character with the poorer kill moves is benefited more. The simple rule is to always stay towards the center of the stage of your opponent. Don't go to the side platforms alone, but chase your opponents out there if they are at killing %.

Peach's tilts reach right through the platform floors too :)

Also, watch out for Dedede infinite chaingrabs into the walls or dtilt infinites. If you are worried about this, break the blocks when you have free moments.

2) Brinstar. The uneven terrain will mess up ground-heavy opponents more than it will affect Peach, since Peach can float. If you miss an up-B, you can float down till the acid saves you. Don't pick this stage against aerialists like G&W or MK though.

3) Jungle Japes. IMHO, Peach's best stage. Side-Bing off of the center platform will cause Peach's side-B to autocancel when she grabs the ledge of the side platforms and she can jump off and immediately Bair people chasing her attempting to punish. Her dsmash covers the entire side platforms, and the water gives her her float back if she falls. The ceiling is INCREDIBLY high, while the sides are incredibly close to the side platforms.

Forward-B can also sometimes stagespike people off of the middle platform- they fly out and slam into the ledge of the side platforms and fly into the water.

Jungle Japes is the best stage against characters that primarily kill across the top. If you DI up, characters like ROB can't kill you. His dsmash and fsmash both have an upwards slant, his Nair and Usmash send people up. He can ONLY kill you with Bair off of the sides, which puts him at a huge disadvantage.

It's also the best anti-Snake stage. If you stay in the middle platform, the ceiling is too tall for his utilt to kill you and the side platforms keep his ftilt from killing you. Beat the crap out of him to high % and fair him off the sides. The stage's design also really messes up his recovery, since if he falls he has to up-B IMMEDIATELY or risk falling into the water, and that means you can grab him out of it or fair him as soon as he rises.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787

3) Jungle Japes. IMHO, Peach's best stage. Side-Bing off of the center platform will cause Peach's side-B to autocancel when she grabs the ledge of the side platforms and she can jump off and immediately Bair people chasing her attempting to punish. Her dsmash covers the entire side platforms, and the water gives her her float back if she falls. The ceiling is INCREDIBLY high, while the sides are incredibly close to the side platforms.

I completely agree with this.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
i do lika me some jungle japes... although my t.v. is crap so the level looks bad and my friends dont like it much.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
nah that wont help. its just has a bad picture. thnks for trying to help though

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
*is such a bump ******

Sorry for bumping this again. I wanted to let people know that the guide is (finally) complete. It took a lot longer than I realised but the basis of the guide is now complete. I still need some more opinions on the stages listed in the first post to come to a conclusion on them. Thanks to all those who have contributed, I couldn't have done it without you :) I hope that someone finds this helpful

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Well done that guide's kl. U obv put a lot of work into that. I don't rely have time to read it all tho. Just wondering tho r u gonna put scores on the undecided score stages. That wud complete it.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Well, it would be nicer if people actually contributed to these kind of guides, just as they contribute to the matchup thread, it'll help cover all aspects of this character.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Rick do you think it's smart to leave out the entire Hanenbow discussion? Sure there's a whole thread about it being the worst stage - but that's debatable. It seems it only hampers Peach's recovery...

A verdict and summary on it would be uber nice. :)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Battlefield - There is mixed feeling about this stage

Smashville
The thing about these stages is that they are very close to neutral. They both are going to have mixed feelings due to the advantage lying in both the Peach players own playstyle, and the opposing character.
5/10 for both.

WarioWare, Inc.
Peach's favor. The floating is too much of an advantage during some of the games. Has anyone EVER been hit with that hotdog car?
Yoshi's Island - The Melee version
Its ceiling is one of the lowest in the game. Not good for light, light Peach.

And hey look, the Hanenbow thing got updated. :D
Remember though, one of the tricks is to always aim for the back of the leaves when recovering in the parasol. Otherwise, I think the stage compliments her aerials quite nicely. It's good for Peach.

Edit: Hey, I knew I wrote something more on it.
I have decided that this thread is crazy; Hanenbow is a great Peach stage!

-Tons of platforms compliment her aerial game tremendously.

-Large all-encompassing area for tons of recovery.

-Floating gives you a maneuverability advantage on a large amount of the cast.

-Any of Peach's multi-hit moves make the leaves go crazy (MINDGAMZ).

-The parasol can be used as an actual move.

-Not to mention it catches EVERYONE by surprise as a counterpick.

Just learn to stay to the left where all the room is and when recovering, aim to the bottom of the leaves. I love Hanenbow. :laugh:
This was before it was cruelly banned though.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I wouldn't give Jungle Japes a 10/10. Although it's an amazing stage, it can screw you up. The sides' blastzones are like RIGHT THERE.

9/10 probably?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright, time I say my insights

In terms of Battlefield, I agree that it should be 5/10. The thing about this stage is that this stage won't lower the player's style of play. Infact, it may increase it. So whether you love it or hate it, you're going to be doing something you normally couldn't do on other stages

-Norfair-

A good way to use the safe zone to your advantage. Instead of keeping your opponent out, bring him in WITH you and once the door close, let out the Peach dominix inside you. XD Tilt city, smash city, do anything to rack up damage.Even if the opponent techs, he's still trapped inside if he can't take ahold of the situation. Once the door begins to open up (which at the time the opponent should be in Kill damage), position yourself as best you can and let off a killing move to him. Whether it'll kill him or not, it'll send him off far.

-Luigi's Mansion-

It may not be as tilt city as you may think. Technical players may just tech off the ceiling or floor and try to counter attack. I know this happened to me several times when I was playing my friend Snakee on that stage.

I would NOT reccommand this stage against Jigglypuff or anyone who has a good jab-like move. Reason is that if you get hit and you fall to the ground without teching, they can catch you in a jab lock, which can only happen 2 or so seconds as soon as the characrer hits the floor.

Good way to use the pillars is nice shields against projectiles like Falco's lasers or Pit's arrows. You want to try and keep the pillars around against those types of characters.

-Halberd-

This stage is from the Kirby Game - Kirby: Super Stars

Smashville

This stage should be treated as FD. There's a floating platform that goes left and right and can be treated as a second spot for recovery. When it comes near while you're edgeguarding, keep an eye on that spot. I like to use it the same way I use the Battlefield platforms, which is by getting them on top and limiting what they can do, such as by fairing them, nairing under them, or waiting with a shield grab. It's slightly harder since the platform is moving, but you can still use this to your advantage.

-Wario Ware-

Bare in mind that if your opponent has more stock then you, he may not care as much to the result of him failing a mini game and will use that to his advantage.

EX: Ike is battling Peach. He has 2 stocks against Peach's one. A Mini game of 'Taunts' appears. Peach and Ike taughts several times, but when Peach taunted again, Ike goes near her and does a slightly charged Fsmash. GG.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Smashville

I like to use it the same way I use the Battlefield platforms, which is by getting them on top and limiting what they can do, such as by fairing them, nairing under them, or waiting with a shield grab. It's slightly harder since the platform is moving, but you can still use this to your advantage.
Yep, this is good and even better with fresh Fairs/Nairs. It's a fast kill if you catch them while standing on the platform if it's on the sides.
There's also a situational trick you can pull off by hitting the other person with Bomber making them bounce off to their deaths against the stage's "walls" (if they're high on damage and depending the character's recovery):
\________/

And regarding Lylat Cruise...I used to like it but now it is a meh stage to me. The stage tilting can screw autocancelled aerials up (just like the annoying platform on Yoshi's Island Brawl), recovery, and turnips.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I would like to note that Jungle Japes is the ULTIMATE Olimar counterpick. The water desyncs all of his pikmin, making him not only unable to up-B once he jumps out, but unable to even ATTACK you if you sit there holding the ledge.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I just have to bump this thread. It's too good. I hate Delfino though. I always ban it.
That's very kind of you ^^

I had no idea people were still reading this thread! Thankyou everyone for your great feedback - I apologise for my laziness in finishing off both this and the Toad guide. School has started again so I will complete them whenever I have free time. Thanks again for the great feedback

Edit: If this guide goes well, then it could be advanced into what stages you should pick vs certain characters (for example, Praxis said Jungle Japes is a good Olimar counterpick. Yes I pinched this idea off the Pikachus but their D Smash has teh l1ghtn1ng so w/e :bee:). This could of course be part of the match up instead. Just Glide Tossing ideas around Sorry that was awful ><

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Cool, I was actually considering making a "character counterpicks" thread, you can just expand this one instead :)

For example, Jungle Japes is a good counterpick against Toon Link, Olimar, Snake, ROB, and others, and a bad counterpick against Wolf, Lucario, etc.

Green Greens is a good counterpick against Metaknight, Game & Watch, and ROB, but is a bad counterpick against Link, Lucario, and others. Dedede is questionable (it eliminates his recovery advantage and makes him easy to kill, but he can infinite you against the walls if you let him grab you).

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The water in JJ also kills Olimar's pikmin, right?

Ike also does horribly bad in that stage.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Take Metaknight to Castle Siege. His recovery options don't mean jack on that stage, and he can't tornado spam because there's too many obstructions and he will land on them and get punished much easier. The stage is just good against him, it's pretty large and you have room to operate. My # 1 pick against Wario and Metaknight. (wario's aerial approaches are SEVERELY limited on this stage, especially the first part with the platforms, if you stand at the right spot, he can't approach you at an angle, ONLY from direcetly above and up tilts take care of that)

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've made adjustments, thanks so much for all the help as the list of stages that need rating is now much shorter.

Praxis, by all means make your own counterpick thread if you like. I sadly can't attend tournaments and 5 pages in this thread with the actual guide are quite full already. If you want to make a new thread, please do so and feel free to use the info from this guide. If you want it to be in here then just say so as you've already made very good counterpick contribution :)

Since the guide is pretty much complete, I'm going to mainly focus on the stages deemed Neutral and Counterpick if I update anymore. I appriciate that the more casual players like playing on stages such as Hanenbow but I think the majority of players on these boards are competetive.

And for the record, yes Dekuu, all of Olimars Pikmin (except the blue ones) die in Jungle Japes' water :p)

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
one thing that i love about JJ is that no matter where peach is she can recover with out using her second jump :D the platforms are low enough to just do alittle hop out of the water (or w/e situation ur in) and grab any ledge in the stage :)
and another cool thing (if there are no klaptraps of course) is on the far left platform, grab the right side of it and when someone is recovering, let go of the ledge, double jump under the stage and grab the opposite ledge :D incase anyone doesnt get what im talking about ill make a vid later today and show what i mean

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Take Metaknight to Castle Siege. His recovery options don't mean jack on that stage, and he can't tornado spam because there's too many obstructions and he will land on them and get punished much easier. The stage is just good against him, it's pretty large and you have room to operate. My # 1 pick against Wario and Metaknight. (wario's aerial approaches are SEVERELY limited on this stage, especially the first part with the platforms, if you stand at the right spot, he can't approach you at an angle, ONLY from direcetly above and up tilts take care of that)
Would you like to test this stage against my Meta Knight sometime? :p

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
IMO Green Greens is an even better counterpick against MK. It removes his recovery advantage, and his lightness means he dies fast. Granted, his kill moves mean YOU die fast too, but losing his super good recovery means it hurts him worse than you.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
IMO Green Greens is an even better counterpick against MK. It removes his recovery advantage, and his lightness means he dies fast. Granted, his kill moves mean YOU die fast too, but losing his super good recovery means it hurts him worse than you.
Wifi sometime? :3

I wanted to add more info about several stages

- Mushroom Kingdom 1-1

The best you can do on that stage.....is....camp. camp camp camp camp camp camp camp!

You could wait at the side and then try to bait them to come over to you, then just backthrow/bair/fair them to the side for easy kills.

Keep in mind, you may want to stay away from Squirtle, Ness, Diddy, and Charizard, since they have strong back/downthrows that can kill you pretty effectivly

Mushroom Kingdom 1-2

Best tactic: CAMP THE CEILING! XD

Norfair

There's one bit of detail I forgot to mention. Don't go into the safe room against a swordsman. Their swords have good range, and you're just asking for an @sswhooping against either Ike or Meta Knight x_x

Luigi's mansion should get a 3, since the stage is mainly good against projectile spammers.Peach in general works good on that stage, but there's so many better characters =/

Spear Pillar should NOT be getting any points. That's basically a stage that states from Sakurai to Competitive smashers '**** YOU.' Seriously, no one won't even Money Match on that stage. and if no one's MMing on a stage no matter what, then you KNOW it's a problem

My biggest concern is that big white pokemon. I can handle lasers and maybe some pokemon attacking me, but for something to not only slow me down but to **** up my style or groove by doing mirrors, it's just...a turn off in the worst way. about 75% if you're mirrored or you controls are playing in reverse, then you stop what you're doing until it goes away.

Sakurai somehow must've had this idea when he and the crew was drunk with Sake. This stage deserves a -1.

Skyworld

It's actually a pretty good stage if you'rre good at teching. If you miss the first tech, you're bound to get the second one. While I do agree, Peach's recovery sucks on this stage.

One of your big concerns is maybe facing against Kirby or Meta Knight. This is the only stage where they can Meta-cide/Kirbyside at by grabbing you from the bottom of the main floor area, grab you and up throw, which would put them to the ceiling and pushing them slightly back, to drop down for a kill. You WILL die first, just to let you know.

Frigiate Orphion

I believe it deservesa 4. While Peach's recovery is of little concern, this could be the same to others who lack recovery. A small thing to remember. The first flip to where there's no edge to grab it on...you can use that to your advantage. Characters like Olimar, Ike, and Ivy need ledges to grab on in order to recovery properly. So if you send them off to the right, they have less of a chance to make it back to the stage.

Top Bottom