• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CyberJocks SMASH CASH Tournament 8.17.08 Buffalo, NY

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
CyberJocks is one of the biggest LAN centers in Western New York and we are proud to announce our SMASH CASH Tournament. Our last SMASH CASH Tournament had over 40 people.

-Cash Prize (In the last tournament we gave out over $700 in CASH)

-The Tournament will take place August 17th at 1:15 PM (Getting there 20 minutes early is a good thing!)

-Link to the Singles sign-ups, HERE.
-Link to Doubles sign-ups, HERE.
-Do NOT pay for your spot in advance. This is a cash tournament, you need to pay in cash only. You can put yourself on the UNCONFIRMED LIST just to state that you will be attending, but do not pay to put yourself on the Confirmed List.

• 3311 Sheridan Drive
  • Amherst, NY 14226
  • A map of our location can be found HERE.

RULES:
  • 3 stock, 7 minute Time Limit
  • Items are off
  • Double Elimination
  • Best of 3 and finals Best of 5
  • You MUST bring your own controller
  • You may use any compatible controller
  • Whatever a SSBB Judge says GOES
  • Any character is fair game however some character techniques/glitches are not allowed (see Stalling/Glitch section)
  • First stage is chosen at random from the list of Neutral stages. The loser of the first (and successive matches) picks the next stage from the list of Neutral or Counter pick stages. The winner of the previous match is then allowed to change his character. Then the loser of the previous match is allowed to change his character. The loser may not pick any stage that has been previously played in the round.

Neutral Stages:

• Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Smashville
  • Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick Stages:
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Norfair
  • Frigate Orpheon
  • Battleship Halberd
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Castle Siege
  • Brinstar
  • Rainbow Ride
  • Corneria
  • Distant Planet
  • Luigis Mansion
  • Pirate Ship

Banned Stages:
  • Mario Circuit
  • Green Hill Zone
  • Port Town
  • Mushroomy Kingdom
  • Rumble Falls
  • Donkey Kong Arcade
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Spear Pillar
  • Wario Ware
  • New Pork City
  • The Summit
  • Skyworld
  • Mario Bros.
  • Flatzone 2
  • Pictochat
  • Electroplankton
  • Shadow Moses Island
  • Big Blue
  • Green Greens
  • Yoshi's Island (Melee)
  • Onett
  • Jungle Japes
  • Hyrule Temple

Stalling/Glitches:
  • Certain techniques and glitches work in such a manner that they cause your opponent to be unable to attack you for long periods of time, or attack you at all. For example, Sonic can go under stages and stay there until the match timer runs out, Meta Knight can use his Dimensional Cape to infinitely stay invisible/invincible.
  • Infinite throws, such as DeDeDe on Bowser or Marth on Ness are allowed in order to rack up damage; however, using them to stall a match is strictly forbidden. All characters with infinite grabs can reliably KO every character on every stage between 120-150% minimum. Therefore, using an infinite grab past 170% will be deemed to be completely unnecessary and considered to be stalling
  • Anyone found in violation of these rules will automatically forfeit their Stock, and if done again they will forfeit the match.

• Telephone
  • (716) 837-2600
  • Email
  • omarraza@buffalo.edu
  • AIM
  • TheRazaman

KingAce

Smash Ace
Is this gonna be $20 per person for singles, $20 per team? =S
Also, can we just show up in person and pay or we arent guaranteed spots in the tournament

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
Its $20 for Singles, $30 per team of 2 for Doubles.

I just noticed that the link back for Doubles was also going to the Singles page, that is now fixed.

You can show up in person and play no problem. We have the cap at 90 people, but back in the day we had over 110 (including spectators) for Melee tournaments so we should be good even if 90 people pre-register. Most people will just show up and pay day-of the Tournament.

And no, lol, Buffalo is not on Long Island.... Like Niko says, we're near Niagara falls.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Wow, so your expecting 90 people? **** im really interested in coming to this now.....
also, you should make it 3 stock just saying, because its brawl and brawl = 3 stocks
melee = 4 stocks

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
Okay, few changes were made to the Rules/Maplist.

Changed Stock from 4 to 3.
Green Hill Zone is now in the Banned stages section.
These changes will be made on the Cyberjocks webpages later today/tomorrow at the latest.

As for the other maps, unless there is a general consensus amongst the players in attendance, or unless there is a widely accepted ruleset/stagelist (say from the SBR), or a really convincing argument for/against a stage, the stages are set.

KingAce

Smash Ace
yup GTA is coming to this =)
so um its $5 venue fee then $20 singles $30 per team doubles?
also.... MM's anyone?

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Down to 3 stock, now I'm interested. Looks like I'll be signing up.

I do propose removing Mario Circuit and Luigi's.

Circuit, makes ICs and anyone else with a chain grab god since they can just casually walk yer arse off the stage.

Luigi's is far to easy to stall on. The argument of breaking the stage to reduce stalling, isn't a good one since it can take a while to break the stage and it reforms fairly quickly. Watching an MK win a fight but getting 1% higher then running for 7 minutes is no fun.

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
we'll be coming to this...

anytime for crew battles?
If there is enough time after Singles is finished we will do Crew Battles.

yup GTA is coming to this =)
so um its $5 venue fee then $20 singles $30 per team doubles?
also.... MM's anyone?
Exactly. $5 venue fee, $20 for singles and $30 per doubles team.

@Wolfblade - I'll remove those two maps if there is a general consensus amongst the players to do so.

Also, to those of you who contacted me via AIM today, I apologize for not responding...I was busy all day.
I responded to those of you who left questions and had away messages up. For those of you who weren't still on I should be around my comp tomorrow from 5pm-7pm EST. And then again from about 10pm to midnight.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Razaman I completely agree with Wolfblade, and all the people in the car with KingAce have told me the same thing. Though its up to you :p

KingAce

Smash Ace
I think luigis mansion is fine =), leave it on CP the more stages to choose from the better

Bug~

Smash Ace
I might be coming to this. Take off Luigis mansions cause you got spammers like kingace who will use tornado and flock around the stage..take off mario circuit for DDD/falco chaingrabs to death.

TheRazaman

Smash Apprentice
Updated.

Pirate Ship wasn't on the list for some unknown reason....added to Counterpick as it is supposed to be.
Mario Circuit to Bans.

Clarified Stalling/Glitch Section (thanks Yannich)

KingAce

Smash Ace
Hmm wierd, doesn't seem like theres a lot of interest from other regions on smashboards. Also, what is the expected turnout for this again? because it would be pretty wierd travelling to buffalo to face the same people we face every week lol

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
yup only 12 more days until the GTA crew can occupy the top 3 spots =)
LOL you're too funny. I doubt that though. xD

Niko, our crew consists of me, asylum, ryoto, KoJ, Silverspawn and some people in illinois. Pika Pika! is probably also coming to this and he'll most likely occupy a top 3 spot too.

Niko_K

Smash Master
This is going to be bigger than I thought. HYPE!

Ryoto as in RyotoYukasa or however its spelt?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ryoko Yaksa. No, he lives in NJ. Completely different person.

This Ryoto is forreal though, he don't play games. He just murks people.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol yess this is more hype then i thought it would be too
for a second i was scared no one would really show up

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
how many people is rochester bringing? they said the last one had like 40...

also how much of the $20 per person entry goes to the pot? i have to make sure the money ill make from winning is worth my drive ;)

KingAce

Smash Ace
The fully $20 per person goes into the pot, its $5 venue fee $20 singles.
Not that it matters to you anyways though, as it only concerns the GTA crew LOL =)

Top Bottom