• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Combo List

Ace55

Smash Lord
Wario Combo List Wa wa wa!

In the true combo section Wario is described as having 2 combos:

Wario
Inescapable
strong N-air > Jab x2

Escapable with DI
U-air > Up-B
But like most Warios probably know in reality Wario has more and better combos.

*All damage percentages are in training mode, most testing was done without DI. If testing with DI was done, it will be in green text. Note that most Dair to Dair to something combos should be easier to perform due to deminishing returns. If these were also taken into acount, the text will be yellow. Stale moves are (naturally) only mentioned for combos that use an attack more than once. Highest/lowest possible % at which the combo is possible is based on the character it works best on at that percentage, mostly Dedede and Fox (for respectably highest and lowest). Adjustments will of course have to be made for other characters, but it gives you a general idea.*

A lot of Wario's combos use the short hopped down air to double jump. If anyone has problems with performing the double jump after a down air (like I did), you could look here-> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170511

Moves - maximum percentage done - [lowest possible% - highest possible %]​

Dash Attack -> Boost Smash - 18% - [0% - 5%]

Doing the Boost Smash after you've already hit with the Dash Attack counts as a 2-hit (3 hit once in a while) combo. At around 6% percent you start hitting them with one of the weak hits of Usmash. This also combos but does a mere 8%.

Confirmed characters: Dedede
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHFF Dair -> Fsmash - 35% - [0% - 18%]

Be sure too fastfall the last part of the Dair and you got yourself a real Dair to Fsmash combo, I wasn't expecting this one.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Yoshi
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHFF Dair -> Dsmash - 30% - [0% - ...%]

And then they hit you back I presume, but it works

SH Dair -> DJ Fair/Bair - 23/26% - [0/3% - 40/50%]

Nice for following after the Dair when another Dair won't reach.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Samus

SH Dair -> DJ Uair - 33% - [0 - ...%]

Can work from 0% but then it needs pretty much perfect timing. Works well for floatier characters.

Confirmed characters: Yoshi, Samus

This is especially handy for opponents that try to DI up as your Dair is connecting. If they seem to be to high for a second Dair, just clap em.

SH Dair -> DJ Dair -> Uair - 49% [6% - 12%]

First I thought it was only possible against Wolf, but I got it to work on MK too. Havn't tested it on every one, but it works like a charm against Falco, Dedede, Wolf (MK is a little tricky). Even when you don't perform it as a true combo the time they have to dodge is very small. I havn't been able to pull it off at 0% percent (as a true combo that is) but around 6% it starts working for most characters. And because you can simply fast fall and land the last upair, you can follow up pretty quickly.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Yoshi, MK, Mario (pretty tricky).

Stale moves kind of help to overcome the opponents DI. But at 10% even Dedede can DI just enough away to avoid the clap. The semi-combo version of this one still works like a charm at really low percents though (0-5%), when you land the second Dair, it's pretty much a guaranteed clap if you follow them correctly, no matter which way they go. But the true combo version seems escapable with (near perfect) DI.

SH Dair ->DJ Dair -> upB - 50% [6% - 15%]

After seeing some dude doing a 16 hit real combo [Dair bomb to upB] on Mario I started screwing around with it a bit and got a 25 hit combo on Dedede.This does slightly more damage than the alternative one (see previous), 50% against 49%, but it wouldn't be so useful against characters that fall rather easily for the latter (dedede, wolf and falco to name a few,) because it's kind of harder to do, and you leave yourself very open afterwards.
But for other characters that have the tendency to fly just out of clap reach after the second Dair (I've mainly been testing this on Mario) it works. I've been able to get 23 hits on a Mario in training mode, although it's hard too pull off.

Confirmed characters: Fox, Dedede, Falco, Wolf, Yoshi, MK, Mario, Luigi (pretty tricky), Samus.

If the opponent DIs up and away from you after the first two Dairs they will often be just outside of Uair reach, and sadly also to far to the side for upB, even Dedede can escape it if he DIs just right. I'm afraid this one falls into the category: escapable with DI.

SH Dair -> DJ Dair -> Fair/Bair - 39%/42% [6/6% - 15/17%]

Easier than it's upB Uair counterparts, but they often won't reach.

SH Dair -> DJ Dair -> Waft - max 72% [6% - ...%]

Against any one that can be Uaired after the 2nd Dair this should work. But it's very tricky.

Confirmed characters: Dedede (pretty tricky), Fox (pretty tricky).

SH Dair -> DJ Waft - max 58% [8% - ...%]

One of the more reliable ways of comboing into the Waft.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Fox (I'm pretty confident all the others will work).

FJ Dair -> Upair/Fair/Nair/Bair - 33/23/25/26% [0/0/0/1% - 44/50/25/50%]

Rising full jump Dair to any air except dair (doesn't really work well) acts like a real combo for most of the cast (shorter characters can probably smash DI out underneath you).

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Falco, Wolf, Yoshi, MK, Mario, Luigi, Samus (and I'm pretty confident all the others will work).

Well smash DI isn't necessary at all to escape this for MK (or anyone of his height for that matter), if you hit him while he's grounded all they have to do is push down, and they're out (prepare to be uptilted). SH Dairs would be recommended IMO. Taller people are still fair game starting from 0%. If they try to DI down, follow them with a ff clap.

FJ Dair -> Upair -> SH/FJ bite - 33% + bite damage [0% - ...%] BluesHell's ROB combo?

Credit for this combo kind of goes to BluesHell, because he mentioned it, and I didn't think about it yet. It's just full jump dair to fast falled clap to rising bite. Sometimes you might have to quickly turn around before you jump-bite (or do a REALLY fast b reversal) so they can't escape.

Confirmed characters: ROB.

FJ Dair -> DJ Fair/Bair - 23/26% [.../...% - .../...%]

Probably not gonna work if the opponent DIs at all, but I got it to connect on Luigi.

Confirmed characters: Luigi

See above

FJ Dair -> DJ Dair - /32% [...% - ...%]

This is actually a combo that only seems to work when the opponent DI upward out of the first Dair. Needs more testing.

FJ Dair ->Waft - max 58% [0% - ...%]

Takes some getting used to (you can't fast fall the fart) but it works from 0%.

Confirmed characters: Dedede.

See above

FICTION COMBOOOO (be sure to yell it out)

FJ Dair-> Footstool -> FF Nair -> jab-> pretty much anything [0% - ...%]

Tech skill in Brawl? http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182658

Confirmed characters: see http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182658&page=2

Short character thing still applies I'm afraid.

Double Fiction Combo?

FJ Dair-> Footstool -> FF Nair -> jab-> Dair -> Footstool -> jab -> pretty much anything [0% - ...%]

Awesome. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182658

Confirmed characters: see http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182658&page=2

Short character thing still applies I'm afraid.

Uair -> uptilt - 27% [0% - 13%]

A landing (very low) uair to a buffered uptilt registers as a combo.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Yoshi, MK, Mario, Luigi (and I'm pretty confident all the others will work).

Again, DI will not save them at 0% but it will decrease the range in which can use this (although you can then just proceed by following them with the variations that have longer range).

Uair -> Ftilt - 30% - [2% - 18%]

Harder than the uptilt, but possible.

Uair -> Fsmash - 36% [0% - 12%]

Same idea as above, but throw in the Fsmash.You really can't rush the Fsmash or you'll go underneath the target. Just clap them a little higher or input the smash a little later (or charge it of course).

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Fox

Uair -> SH Uair/Bair/Nair - 34/27/26% [...% - ...%]

At a little higher percent (starting from 11 or so) Upair to SH upair (or any other aerial) is a great combo too.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Falco, Wolf, Yoshi, MK, Mario, Luigi

Uair -> Uair/Bair/Nair - 34/27/26% [...% - ...%]

Same idea, no shorthop.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Falco, Wolf, Yoshi, MK, Mario, Luigi

Uair -> Waft - max 59% [0% - ...%]

Seems to work quite well.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Fox

Uair -> SH Dair -> DJ Dair -> Bair/Fair - 59/56% [5% - ...%]

This one is really a pain in the ***, should be a little easier with deminishing returns though.

Chomp -> Boost Smash - %varies [0% - ...%]

At a certain % the chomp release to boost smash will count as consecutive hits. At low percent you will just slide past them though.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, Falco, Wolf, Yoshi, MK, Mario, Luigi, Lucario (and I'm pretty confident every one else will work)

Even at really low percent the opponent seems to be out of reach for the short boost smash (even if they DI towards you) so your only choice would be a longer one, which will slide right past them (although doing some minor damage). At higher percents opponents can seemingly just DI up and away to get out of your reach. If they decide to DI towards you, you might be better of trying to clap them.

(thanks to Popertop for the info)

Uair-> (SH) chomp -> Boost Smash - %varies [0% - ...%]

Thanks to dr. mario guy for reminding me of this one.

See above

Full jump Dair -> chomp -> Boost Smash - %varies [0% - ...%]

See above.
On fastfallers (or at least on Fox) this doesn't work. A fast falled uair after the Dair does work for them.

Confirmed characters: Dedede, MK, Lucario (anyone that isn't a spacy should work, except maybe C Falcon)

See above

*DJ = Double Jump, FF = Fast Fall, SH = Short Hop, FJ = Full Jump*​

Something I stumbled on with the upsmash, when the opponent is at 60% or higher all they have to do is DI straight up to make the last hit always miss, giving them a pathetic amount of damage, and letting them attack you right back. A long properly spaced boost smash will still connect though.

Also, Wario Fthrow (fresh) doesn't kill Dedede at the edge of FD (with DI) until over 215%, just so you know.

Feel free to recomend combos I've missed.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Bad combo list is bad?

In a game where chainthrows and superior defensive tactics rule this seems pretty helpfull.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
dtilt to uair, i've hit it everytime

and you can say, yes they can airdodge, but even then, i've still hit it at a wide range of percents on pretty much every character (stupid puffballs....and luigi)

Ace55

Smash Lord
dtilt to uair, i've hit it everytime

and you can say, yes they can airdodge, but even then, i've still hit it at a wide range of percents on pretty much every character (stupid puffballs....and luigi)
If it's escapable it's not a true combo, this would be a pressure combo. I can check it out but I'm 90% sure that the ending lag for down tilt is too long to get any followups.

Thanks for posting in my epic fail thread though.

Edit: Confirmed, Dtilt doesn't combo into anything at any percent, d@mn afterlag. If it was just a little quicker after it hit it would make a great combo setup, but alas.

Popertop

Smash Champion
For the Chomp > Boost smash, it depends what percent you hit it at.

At lower percents, only the first parts of the boost will hit (depending on how the chars are positioned), and at higher it's not a true combo anymore because it relies on DI.

If they DI away, it connects just like lower percents.

If they DI towards an Uair works I think.

If they DI up and away I think it's just outside range of everything except maybe Fair.
Not sure tho.

But yeah, that's the Boost smash at higher percents.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not really, I'm just too lazy to post here, haha.
TOO LAZY!?!? YOU'RE TOO L...

(Angry response postponed, cause I'm lazy) :laugh:

I like the combo list idea, I would contribute but I am too tired to shift through this all and see if I can add something of worth.

Ace55

Smash Lord
For the Chomp > Boost smash, it depends what percent you hit it at.

At lower percents, only the first parts of the boost will hit (depending on how the chars are positioned), and at higher it's not a true combo anymore because it relies on DI.

If they DI away, it connects just like lower percents.

If they DI towards an Uair works I think.

If they DI up and away I think it's just outside range of everything except maybe Fair.
Not sure tho.

But yeah, that's the Boost smash at higher percents.
Thanks for the info, I'll look into it some more. Chomp to short range boost smash seems to work for getting all the hits in at low percents.

I would have thought that fair would combo into a few things, but it looks like if you hit with the 'strong' part the move lasts too long to follow up, and the weak(er) version just doesn't provide enough hitstun.

Edit: you were pretty much right about the Bite -> boost smash. Even Dedede DIing towards me (and with minimal chomping) landed to far away for my short boost smash to reach, and the long one just slides past.

Popertop

Smash Champion
HOORAY!
GREAT SUCCESS!!

We could find a way to screw with their DI, maybe scaring them into DI'ing away by hitting them with a clap when they DI towards?

-Gambit-

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for this list. Although I don't main Wario i still play him and this list is very helpful.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Good list Ace, forgot to mention that in my last post, and I think I have a new combo: SHFF Uair to Chomp to Boost Smash. I've also gotten Chomp to Boost Smash to Upb to connect, and I know they can DI out of parts of it, but it is still very decent.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Good list Ace, forgot to mention that in my last post, and I think I have a new combo: SHFF Uair to Chomp to Boost Smash. I've also gotten Chomp to Boost Smash to Upb to connect, and I know they can DI out of parts of it, but it is still very decent.
I regret to inform that I havn't gotten Usmash to up B (or anything for that matter) to connect as consecutive hits, and that's what I'm going for.

Clap to (sh) bite to Boost Smash does work though, I'll list it.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Bump because this thread kicks *ss. And I listed sHells combo that he never showed to us.

Top Bottom