• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Luigi firepunch kill % chart. ( Aerial firepunch chart added! )

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
For all you firepunching Luigi's out there. Razz113 and I have made a chart regarding on how much it takes to kill a certain character with Luigi's upb, his firepunch at a certain %.

Note: This was all done in training mode. All the kills were a fresh firepunch. Move decay wasn't applied nor is it applied in training mode. Also, these were all taken in the center of Final Destination. So differing stages with low or high ceilings may differ the results. Same goes with Move Decay. Also this was done without DI. If it's with DI, just apply around 10%-15% or so to each character's kill %.

10/19/09 Edit: ^^ I take back on the 10/15%, it varies with different characters such as GaW's bucket braking etc..

Mario - 50%
Luigi Up - 50%
Peach - 45%
Bowser - 57%
DK - 61%
Diddy - 49%
Yoshi - 54%
Wario - 54%
Link - 56%
Zelda - 44%
Shiek - 44%
Ganondorf - 57%
Toon Link - 48%
Samus - 52%
Zero Suit - 44%
Pit Up - 50%
Ice Climbers - 46%
ROB -53%
Kirby - 42%
Meta Knight - 43%
DeDeDe - 64%
Olimar - 45%
Fox - 42%
Falco -47%
Wolf - 55%
Captain Falcon - 58%
Pikachu -45%
Squirtle - 52%
Ivysaur - 40%
Charizard - 55%
Lucario - 51%
Jigglypuff - 37%
Marth - 49%
Ike - 57%
Ness - 49%
Lucas - 48%
Game and Watch - 41%
Snake - 62%
Sonic - 50%

Thanks to Razz113 for helping me out and the idea of this thread ^o^!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a table of the Aerial Fire punch.

Mario - 84%
Luigi - 84%
Peach - 77%
Bowser - 94%
Donkey Kong - 98%
Diddy Kong - 82%
Yoshi - 89%
Wario - 90%
Link - 91%
Zelda - 76%
Shiek - 75%
Ganondorf - 94%
T. Link - 81%
Samus - 87%
Zamus - 76%
Pit - 84%
ICs - 79%
ROB - 88%
Kirby - 74%
Meta Knight - 74%
DeDeDe - 103%
Olimar - 77%
Fox - 74%
Falco - 79%
Wolf - 90%
Falcon - 95%
Pikachu - 76%
Squirtle - 85%
Ivysaur - 71%
Charizard - 91%
Lucario - 85%
Jigglypuff - 66%
Marth - 82%
Ike - 93%
Ness - 83%
Lucas - 82%
Mr. G+W - 71%
Snake - 97%
Sonic - 84%

Luigi now has TWO Under 100% Kills on everyone except DeDeDe, and a bit more of half the cast can be killed under 90%.

Also, I want to note that Training Mode likes to reduce the knockback by little bits, so a fresh Fire Punch will probably kill 1-2% earlier in a real match. This applies both to Aerial and Grounded, but Aerial moreso is more affected by this because of the juiced down power. It's also easier to DI out the Aerial Fire Punch, so be wary.

All things still apply, no move decay, all done on training mode, all were done in Final Destination, no DI was performed.

If you don't know what a aerial fire punch is. It's the same as a firepunch but done in the air, with no "ping" sound and it's power is juiced down meaning it takes around 80% to kill somebody.

Here's a perfect example in the near of the end of the vid of aerial firepunch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI0h4SmHbOw
All credits go to SparkEd for doing the aerial fire punch table. =D

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Yes please if we have anything wrong let us know were trying to improve Luigi and if were wrong we cant do that.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
That explains that one time I survived Luigi's FJP at 50%. Ahahaha.

So, you tested DI and all that jazz?

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Ima test it with DI sometime this week when i can get one of my friends to help me out.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Woops! I forgot to mention that. Thanks though. We did it WITHOUT Di. If it's with DI most likely just apply around 10-15% to each character. i knew i was forgetting something
Yeah, with DI, I've somehow survived the FJP with a midweight (slightly below average vertical resistance) Lucario at 60% on Smashville.

I'm really unsure if DI really affect the punch too much, though. For some reason, you don't seem to go too far to the left or right when you DI regardless of who you use.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, with DI, I've somehow survived the FJP with a midweight (slightly below average vertical resistance) Lucario at 60% on Smashville.

I'm really unsure if DI really affect the punch too much, though. For some reason, you don't seem to go too far to the left or right when you DI regardless of who you use.
I'm pretty sure that DI doesn't make much of a difference when Luigi does a "Shoryuken"

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

Yea, I think your right. Besides, a firepunch usually surprises the oppenent like ****. So they won't have time to react and DI quickly, unless you made yourself predictable with shoryukens.

Lol, all you gota do is just do a Dair to Nair, to utilts, and maybe some upairs just in case. And do a shoryuken to Jiggs and there you have yourself a star ko lulz.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Yea, I think your right. Besides, a firepunch usually surprises the oppenent like ****. So they won't have time to react and DI quickly, unless you made yourself predictable with shoryukens.

Lol, all you gota do is just do a Dair to Nair, to utilts, and maybe some upairs just in case. And do a shoryuken to Jiggs and there you have yourself a star ko lulz.
A lot of people have a habit of doing a jab-Up B to make it a sure-hit.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
You should do Up Tilted FSmashes next.

Easily the secondary killer move.

otg

Smash Master
Could you make this easier to read? You don't need to put 'Up B' next to everyone's name, I think we understand what move you are using from the name of the topic. Also, it would be sweet if you could try this against human players who DI outside training mode, that way you can have more exact results.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Great list hippie, I have been waiting for this kind of thing to pop up for a while now. I love the MK death at 43%, it makes me appreciate killing a MK at my last tourny at 45% with the uppercut, I was cutting it close ^_^ Anyway, keep up the good work.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Could you make this easier to read? You don't need to put 'Up B' next to everyone's name, I think we understand what move you are using from the name of the topic. Also, it would be sweet if you could try this against human players who DI outside training mode, that way you can have more exact results.
Sorry. It's just that I copyed and pasted from my friend's post and just filled in the %s.
Also, I'm not exactly sure if DI is applied to firepunch because it's a vertical attack and no horizontal restantance is applied, although I maybe wrong. I just know attacks like Fsmash you can DI and survive and such.

Also, you want me to double space and erase the " up b " thing making it easier? Or just erase the upb thing?

Edit: Woops nvm. You can survive a firepunch if its at exactly the % that they're suppose to die at with DI. It's just that I can't give completely exact results with DI.

"vertically you want to DI left/right, horizontally it's usually up (down is risky for certain characters) "

^^ *Did not know that lol*

otg

Smash Master
Sorry. It's just that I copyed and pasted from my friend's post and just filled in the %s.
Also, I'm not exactly sure if DI is applied to firepunch because it's a vertical attack and no horizontal restantance is applied, although I maybe wrong. I just know attacks like Fsmash you can DI and survive and such.

Also, you want me to double space and erase the " up b " thing making it easier? Or just erase the upb thing?
Just organize it so it's not so clustered. Definitely get rid of the Up B next to every characters name though.

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
The Fire Punch is weaker if Weegee is in mid-air, try and compile a list of kill percentages with a weaker punch

Razz113

Smash Cadet
yea lol ill work on the clutter factor also, i know its redundant to put upB next to everyone but i did neways lol. and i have the fSmash chart also, but its not angled at all, and its from the center of final D.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
Uptilted fsmash before aerial Shoryuken please. Uptilted vs normal fsmash comparison would rock, too. But uptilted fsmash, definitely.

Vist

Smash Champion

Edit: Woops nvm. You can survive a firepunch if its at exactly the % that they're suppose to die at with DI. It's just that I can't give completely exact results with DI.

"vertically you want to DI left/right, horizontally it's usually up (down is risky for certain characters) "

^^ *Did not know that lol*
If the opponent is DI-ing Luigi's Up-B correctly, they would be holding AWAY from Luigi. In other words, holding the direction luigi is facing.

Luigi's Up-B is one of those moves that holding inward has pretty much no effect on.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
So I guess I'm gonna have to make a Upangled Fsmash, Regular Fsmash, Down angled, Fsmash and maybe a Aerial shoryuken? And also the other smashs?

Help could be nice too ya know ._. If anything someone hit me up on aim the sn's xxpinoyboy1992xx =D

Razz113

Smash Cadet
YEa hippie we have to do angled fsmashes both down and up. then we can work on aerial FJP. ima b working on them sometime tonight.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
Blargh, I might as well work on either one you guys aren't working on ATM (Aerial Fire Punch or FSmashes)

Sadly, I lack AIM, so PM will have to do for now. :/

10msnisunderrated

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
YEa hippie we have to do angled fsmashes both down and up. then we can work on aerial FJP. ima b working on them sometime tonight.
Yo dude, the fsmash you gave me is it up or down or regular angled fsmash? Cus someone said they're gonna help me do a down angled Fsmash which would be Luigiking i believe.

Since I don't know how to multi-quote (cries)

@ Spark, you can do the aerial fire punch since no one is doing it. Just PM me with the results. Just note that, move decay is not affect in training mode, no DI, and all done in final destination.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman

@ Spark, you can do the aerial fire punch since no one is doing it. Just PM me with the results. Just note that, move decay is not affect in training mode, no DI, and all done in final destination.
Cool.

Also, see that multiquote button next to the quote button in posts? ...:p

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Yo dude, the fsmash you gave me is it up or down or regular angled fsmash? Cus someone said they're gonna help me do a down angled Fsmash which would be Luigiking i believe.

its just regular the info i gave ya.

Razz113

Smash Cadet
kk ima do angled down FSmash tonight, my friends werent available due to work this week so just add like the 10-15% for Di on the firejump punch.

Top Bottom