• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Germany/Austria/Switzerland Melee Power Rankings (August 08)

Tero.

Smash Champion
We decided to do some sort of Tier List instead of a real Ranking.
The list was created by the Back Room of the german boards ( http://forum.germansmash.de ).

Panelists (7): Yomi-no-Kuni (Yume), AE., .tea (Tilliboi), Broken Bone (Zero P), kJaB, °UÇK , Tero ($hYne)
Inactive smashers (e.g. Black Soul, perfect_shadow) are NOT on the list.

Tier List: (alphabetical order)

Top:

Fox128 (Sheik - Vienna), kJaB (Falco - Mainz), Luma (Sheik - Berlin), Pamaro (Captain Falcon - Georgsmarienhütte), Ravenlord (Fox - Neusorg)

High:

AE. (Fox - Zurich), Broken Bone (Fox - Vienna), Tero ( No Main - Freiburg), Yume (Sheik - Freiburg)

Upper:

.tea (Samus - Wittlich), DancingQueen90 (Peach - Luenen), Dr. Dead (Sheik - Luenen), lexxil (Falco - Freiburg), reaper (Marth - Lemgo)

Austria
Switzerland
Germany

Luma

Smash Lord
it seems like you do allow 1 bad tournamet for everyone, so why not for dead

and queen is way too low

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
I already critiziced Dead´s and Queen ´s postion in the GSB backroom. In my opinion both should be put in High Tier. Until the next big tourney the list won´t change though.

Umm by the way you should mention that these are Melee Power Rankings.

Tero.

Smash Champion
If Dead only attended two tournaments in 08 one bad tournament is 50%.
Also everyone agreed to the fact that Dead isn't that good at the moment, even kJaB said that who was in the same crew, so no johns.

kJaBsmasher

Smash Cadet
I played against Dead and I saw his tournament matches.
The same goes for dq.
They are in the upper tier for reason.
yome's sheik was way better than dead's.
broken bone and AE are very good and the two can't be compared to the other too.
tero is also a very good player and if you look at the results of Smash Royale the tiers are justified
I think the List also shows a good variety of Germany.
The best 5 players play 4 different characters oO
and in the uper tier we've got 5 different chars

Luma

Smash Lord
mhh dead got 5th just like you tero @ ibbenbla
and in berlin he won 1 match from adam + won a set against game, playing 7th right behind people like faab and perfect_shadow
i dont think that any of those results are really bad

Faab

Smash Ace
Dead is to goodz :O
Looking at the names he should probably be in the high tier, but whatevah its just me ^_^

Luma

Smash Lord
mhh dead got 5th just like you tero @ ibbenbla
and in berlin he won 1 match from adam + won a set against game, playing 7th right behind people like faab and perfect_shadow
i dont think that any of those results are really bad
respond to this plz

+ dq got 4th (higher than you) + 7th in berlin which should be equal to your 7th place in freiburg

so i really see no point in putting you above those 2

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree with Luma !
U said, that u put urselfs above dead 'n queen 'cause of the fact, that u 2 r traveling to tournaments and getting better constantly !

That u're getting better, does mean, that u'll be better than em one day, it doesnt mean, that u R !
we've seen queen losing against yome .. a reason for yome beeing above queen
lemme take a look at ngsyu .. we've seen game losing against dead .. humm .. dunno if I can't combine 1 to 1 but it should mean, that dead is above game aight ? no ? he isnt ? humm .. didnt understand that tier list sry. ;) Oo

kJaBsmasher

Smash Cadet
everone wanted a tier list on german smash.
so the staff sat together and discussed it.
impressions were exchanged about how a specific person play and how hood he is.
tournament results were regarded and considered.
after discussing everything with the whole team this list was the result.
I myself have played against ravenlord and dead and I've watched games of them during the last 2 months.
And I for example am of the opinion that Ravenlord is BY FAR better than dead.
but it is not only my opinion.
If you would be more active on germansmash.de you could have told us your different opinions beforehand.
we made the list and upped it there.
there were no disagreements.
afterwards we up it here and you think hey now everyone is gonna se it....I'll lose reputation ggod I'm much better.
if you honestly think so say so beforehand in our board and reason with us.
thiss is just cheap.

milkieee

Smash Journeyman
lol yay dude ^^
u r right, I didn't told ya 'bout my opinion on gsb !
it's summer holiday's I got other problems, I were at the baltic sea with my girlfriend etc. etc.
but when I see that list I just gotta tell u my opinion 'bout it, I'm sorry I thought theese forums r up for discussions dude ;)

I'm sorry to tell u my opinion, that was very cheap .. Oo
look I really have some problems with this list .. see queen's peach 4stocked reapers marth on battlefield on money match .. k it's 5 weeks ago and reaper should've improved .. but .. he 4STOCKED HIS MARTH WITH PEACH dude !
AND THEY'RE IN ONE TIER !
WTF ?!

that's just one of the point's why I disagree with some tier settings of this list .. the other thing 'bout dead and game .. I told ya ..

I think you really should think 'bout this list .. don't do it now .. enjoy ya holliday's and maybe we'll see some results after SFK² or sth. ;)

Don't think I wanna flame u or sth., but u've to think 'bout what I'm sayn' ! =D

Luma

Smash Lord
"If Dead only attended two tournaments in 08 one bad tournament is 50%."
same goes for fox128 i guess?
same for ae.
and even worse for bb, he has 100%

AE.

Smash Cadet
"If Dead only attended two tournaments in 08 one bad tournament is 50%."
same goes for fox128 i guess?
same for ae.
and even worse for bb, he has 100%

ok luma,what is this ****?i never really wanted to argue with you,i like you,you know that,but fine,lets have a look.

end of 2007 ,XFZ: singles,2nd,lowtiers 2nd
2008:
-random freiburg tourney 4th,lt 1st teams 2nd
-geneve : singles 1st,teams 2nd
-epita: 33rd
-random freiburg tourney singles 1st,teams 2nd,lt 1st
-random freiburg tourney teams 1st
-lyon2 singles 9th (-.-') teams 4th iirc lt 2nd
-lyon3 singles ****ed up again teams 4th

dont bring up sr,that was ****ed up.

Luma

Smash Lord
who cares about lt or doubles when this should be a singles list?

xfz = noob stuff
random freiburg = random
geneve = noob
epita = good
random = ok
random = singles?
lyon = ****ed up
lyon again = ****ed up
SR = ****ed up

°UÇK

Smash Journeyman
Ice and Luma had a talk not long ago and they made a top20 list. It's pretty biased but still more acurate then the old one.

01. Ice
02. Luma
03. kJaB
04. Pamaro
05. Pasi
06. Ravenlord
07. Yomi
08. DancingQueen90
09. Dr. Dead
10. Tero
11. AE.
12. °UÇK
13. de_gLory^
14. Flava Sava
15. .tea
16. Zettroxx
17. Sagl
18. Makkura
19. milkman
20. ?

IMO (!!!):
Spots and number are bull****, personally I prefered that tier list thing; Tero and myself should be lower; glory, Makkura and .tea should be higher, P!Z@ from Switzerland should be on there.

...but it gives a better overview about todays situation.

Tero.

Smash Champion
This list isn't really that accurate because its just the opinion of only two people, we tried to avoid this in the past. This list shouldn't be posted in here anyway, because it's not official.

Edit: There is a "newer" ranking (Dec 08) http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211239. Well it's not actually new, but w/e.

Luma

Smash Lord
the list was made mostly by tournament results, if you want .tea higher then that it would be biased on opinions
i know he has the potential to even be a threat to yomi but still in his last tournaments he always ****ed up so he should not be placed good on any list

.tea©

Smash Journeyman
the list was made mostly by tournament results, if you want .tea higher then that it would be biased on opinions
i know he has the potential to even be a threat to yomi but still in his last tournaments he always ****ed up so he should not be placed good on any list

Yeah I always mess up. xD Hopefully I can move in a more active region after I´ve finished school and gain more experience.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Yeah I always mess up. xD Hopefully I can move in a more active region after I´ve finished school and gain more experience.
South germany is the way to go.

Anyway it's hard to make a good ranking because there are just too few events with all the good players attending, that's why we never updated the "official" ranking.
And there will always be someone complaining.

Luma

Smash Lord
true dat @ complaining

btw you guys should, if you start talking about that list also name the reasons why the list is quite accurate like that Ice is the most travelling person in Germany or that we mostly (80-90%) used tournament results or that I have been never (well lets say 95%) been wrong about someones skill before and after i played against them

Top Bottom