• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff's matchup odds (the numbers)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sick of everyone's stereotypical "Jigglypuff is the worst character cuz his matchups are the worst" crud. I'd like to collect Jigglypuff's matchup numbers for my matchup thread in the tactical discussion area.

-This is not a guide. This is here for everyone to see how Jigglypuff fairs against the rest of the cast. We will discuss matchup odds and I'll put numbers next to each character.

-One last thing.
Be kind. Even if you disagree. Players are at different skill levels and fighting various skill level opponents. Yes, this project is about the highest level of metagame. So Noobies, don't post low level stuff that doesn't really work and pros... be nice to the noobs.
Big Advantage 70/30-90/10
Bowser-70/30

Advantage 60/30-65/35
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Ike-65/35
Link-65/35
Mario
Donkey Kong

Neutral 45/55-55/45
Charizard
Fox
Jigglypuff
King Dedede
Sonic
Ice Climbers- 50/50
Squirtle-45/55

Disadvantage 40/60-35/65
Yoshi-40/60
Diddy Kong
Falco
Ivyaur
Kirby
Lucario
Metaknight
Pikachu
Ness
Lucas
Luigi
Pit
R.O.B.
Samus
Sheik
Snake
Toon Link
Wario
Wolf
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Marth- 35/65

Big Disadvantage 30/70-10/90
Mr. Game and Watch
Olimar
Peach-30/70

Roller

Smash Legend
Last I heard Bowzer didn't actually have a favorable matchup. He had neutral ones, but not favorable. Bowzer players only win by being better than the other opponent. Assuming that is true Jiggs would have a good matchup against him assuming players were both at same level (which you should obv assume).

Plus, Bowzer is a massive target for rest.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Thanks for making this.

Ok, let's see. I guess I'll just do down the list and see if there are any characters I believe are misplaced.

Squirtle: I'm a little confused as to why Squirtle "Advantage". I think if anything, he should be in neutral. They've both got great aerial control, and good air games, but I think Jiggly's is better. Squirtle's f-air KOs well, but almost all of Jiggly's aerials out range his. They've both got horrid ground games, but Squirtle's is definitley better.

Charizard: Debateable. Rock smash is tough to get through. His b-air is really quick, and has huge range. U-air KOs really well, too.

Link: I'd say Jiggz has the advantage. Get him off the stage and he's done. Really easy to gimp.

Peach: Ehhh, I think I'd put Jiggz at a disadvantage. Turnip spam can get really annoying, and Peach has got some of the best aerials in the game.

Bowser: Advantage, if not Big Agvantage. Jiggly completely destroys Bowser in the air, and he's one of, if not the, easiest characters to rest.

Ike: Advantage. Just like with Link, get him off the stage and he's done. All his aerials are easy to see coming (except for b-air), and Jiggly's aerials are quicker as well (except for b-air).

That's it for now. There are some more characters I'll get to later, but right now I'm lazy.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with bowser, ike, link, peach, and squirtle. I'm not too sure about charizard either, so I'll leave it neutral. I'd like to get some numbers up there to see how disadvantaged she really is to the cast. Any suggestions?

Glick

Smash Lord
I don't know. I feel like I have the advantage when I play DK's. Maybe thats just me. They may be powerful but their easy to throw around and predict.
Edit:
AND REALLY EASY TO REST.

Roller

Smash Legend
I don't know. I feel like I have the advantage when I play DK's. Maybe thats just me. They may be powerful but their easy to throw around and predict.
Edit:
AND REALLY EASY TO REST.
I'll go with the furry blue monster on this one and say advantage over DK. Though not a big one.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Meh, DK is another debatable one, but I feel like DK has the advantage. It's hard as hell to approach a DK. F-tilt completely ***** your approach. U-tilt destroys you when you are above him as well. And d-tilt is basically a less ranged version of f-tilt, but slightly faster. Basically, DK has got great **** tilts, and they completely destroy your approaches.

D-smash, his fastest, weakest smash, KOs Jiggz at around 80%. F-smash and U-smash KO even earlier. B-air is scary as hell, and makes it easy for DK to approach. Plus, he has the cargo spike, which works on Jiggz at higher percents.

On the other hand, he is really easy to rest. If he ever messes up and up-B's onto the stage, the langing lag is very easy to rest. Also, if you can get him off the stage, it's not too hard to gimp him. Footstool Jump completely destroys him.

Yeah, I personally would give DK a slight advantage. I've never fought any pro DKs with Jiggz, but I have fought good ones, and that's just how I feel about the match-up.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I agree with Jeepy Sol about DK having the edge on Jiggs for all the above reasons. Another thing to note is that DK's Bair is beastly, it comes out quick and hits hard and outranges Jigg's aerials.

Glick

Smash Lord
I guess technically DK does have the advantage. Its just a matter of learning how to deal with them. He will use his Fsmash and you can punish him. most DK's have NO idea how to deal with Jigglypuffs. So bad that if I start charging roll out, they just shield or start charging a smash. Even if jumps I just hit him on his way down. Stupid DK, Down B will take care of rollout.

Anyway. I never have problems and usually pick jiggz to fight him over kirby. Even though kirby has the technical advantage.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i think ike is either neutral or disadvantage. I thought that Ike sucks. I played an amazing ike player at my last tournament, and this guy wrecked. he's got huge range and can kill jiggs easily with a well spaced fsmash. his moves are slow but his a combo is fast.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok guys. We need to get down to the wire in these matchups. I've selected some of our "disadvantaged" matchups to discuss.
-Diddy Kong
-Falco
-Ice Climbers
-Ivyaur
-Kirby

thoughts? I'm curious about Diddy kong and ivysaur. Are we disadvantaged?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
It's not that easy to seperate them, though. ICs can camp Jiggz. And of course, if you get grabbed, then you're basically dead.

Diddy Kong: I don't know much about this match-up. F-air and B-air are both really fast and ranged, and can really pose a problem. His bananas aren't much of a problem, since you shouldn't be on the ground that much anyway. Somewhat gimpable recovery. I'd say disadvantage.

Ivyaur: Her b-air is a great spacing move, but does abysmal damage. That's probably what you'll be seeing most in this match-up. I'm pretty sure you can jump right over her f-tilt. U-smash is powerful, but slow. It will KO Jiggz pretty early (I think u-air will as well). I don't know much about this match-up either, but it's either neutral or disadvantage for Jiggz.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I used Jiggs for the first time in tourney against a tough Diddy player. It might be even, but don't bring him to rainbow cruise-bad idea. O_o

Anyones else agree about IC?

I'll take another chunk to look at:
-Lucario
-Marth
-Metaknight
-Pikachu
-Ness

These look like clear disadvantages to me eh?

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
I used Jiggs for the first time in tourney against a tough Diddy player. It might be even, but don't bring him to rainbow cruise-bad idea. O_o

Anyones else agree about IC?

I'll take another chunk to look at:
-Lucario
-Marth
-Metaknight
-Pikachu
-Ness

These look like clear disadvantages to me eh?
It makes me happy that you used Jiggz in a tourney.

I'm still too scared to. : (

And yeah, those all look like clear disadvantages. I've seen some people argue that Meta Knight is either neutral or disadvantage, but I have one hell of a hard time against him.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
It makes me happy that you used Jiggz in a tourney.

I'm still too scared to. : (

And yeah, those all look like clear disadvantages. I've seen some people argue that Meta Knight is either neutral or disadvantage, but I have one hell of a hard time against him.
It was fun. I got 0-60% comboed once, I WoP back at him 0-death. I loled.

Here's some more:
-Lucas
-Luigi
-Pit
-R.O.B.
-Samus

I'm not too sure about samus. Jiggly has many ways to get past her projectiles, and there isn't really anything that she has that can't be handled. I vote for neutral. The rest I'm not sure about.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
It was fun. I got 0-60% comboed once, I WoP back at him 0-death. I loled.

Here's some more:
-Lucas
-Luigi
-Pit
-R.O.B.
-Samus

I'm not too sure about samus. Jiggly has many ways to get past her projectiles, and there isn't really anything that she has that can't be handled. I vote for neutral. The rest I'm not sure about.
I'm honestly not too sure about this bunch. In my opinion, they are all either neutral or disadv. to Jiggz, except for ROB, who is for sure at an adv. against Jiggz.

Sorry, I really don't know about this bunch.

PEOPLE! This is important stuff! Probably the most important topic on the Jiggly boards right now! PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

Also, congrats on 0-death'ing someone. Good stuff.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm, whats your guy's view on Yoshi?
I'm pretty sure we're at a dsadvantage if not neutral at best. Is it just me or is Yoshi extremely hard to gimp?

Then again, I have never played against a seriously good Yoshi, so I may be wrong. Someone add details to this match-up please?

Mmac

Smash Lord
Well... Then I'll start off with what I know of Jigglypuff.

Since Both Jigglypuff and Yoshi are aerial based characters, lets start out in the air. The cold and sad fact is that Yoshi's Airgame is actually superior to Jigglypuff's, and beats her rather well. Yoshi's Bair, which is his primary attack, beats Jigglypuff's Fair and Bair, but not her Pound. his Bair also leads into some mean combos. His Nair, when used timely, also beats her Fair/Bair, and her Uair, but again, not her Pound on a Horizontal. Yoshi's Uair beats her Dair, and His Dair beats her Uair. He beats Jigglypuff in every point of the compass, so you can pretty much tell this is going to be a rather big problem for her. Pound is good, but can get around rather easily. Even if she does get some hits in, Yoshi can't be combo as easily due to the Armour in his Double Jump. Yoshi's Ground to Air game also beats Jigglypuff as Yoshi's Invincibility frames in his Usmash (Yes, he DOES have invincibility frames!) beats out any attack thats above him.

Since Jigglypuff is a extremely light opponent, she is very vulnerable to Uair's which is Yoshi's best KO Moves, not to mention a Rising Uair WoP against Jigglypuff is probably one of the easiest to do against. Also since Jigglypuff spends a majority in the Air, she's more vulnerable to Yoshi's Eggs (Which are a good Anti-Air Projectile), which can set up combos quite well depending of the position. She can also be caught off guard by a Ground DownB (It works surprisingly well against people in the air). Lastly, Jigglypuff's Rollout can actually be snagged out of by a well timed Pivot Grab. Jigglypuff is also going to have a rather hard time KO against him as Yoshi is one of the heavier opponents in the game.

If you are having trouble gimping Yoshi, it's because he is rather hard to gimp in general. It has noting to do with Jigglypuff, but rather a major misconception. Yoshi's Double Jump Armour makes it resistant to Jigglypuff Dair, as well as some other Airs. However what really makes it troubling is that Yoshi can Double Jump and Airdodge at the same time, making his entire Double Jump invincible. Plus cope that with Jigglypuffs poor Vertical airspeed, and Yoshi can easily Escape rather easily. Jigglypuff I will admit, Jigglypuff is actually one of the easier characters that can gimp Yoshi, but it's still rather difficult to do so.

Yoshi also has some trouble Edgeguarding Jigglypuff due to her multiple jumps and Pound. Pound makes it impossible to Fair Spike, but Yoshi can still come underneath and Uair. Overall, I actually say that Jigglypuff has rather a big disadvantage against a good Yoshi. We discussed Jigglypuff in our matchup and a majority of us agreed that it's a 7:3 advantage. I have played quite a few Jigglypuff Mains, and dealt with them rather easily, so I believe my statements are rather correct. Yoshi's Air Game is much better, and same with his Ground to Air. Thats enough to make Jigglypuff constantly struggling the entire matchup against him. It's basically no different than Peach, who is also a 3:7

Amide

Smash Lord
Samus is at least Neutral, maybe even advantage for Jiggs. Samus has a great projectile game, but Jigglypuff can easily avoid it and then punish. Samus can't escape this. The only time that Samus can really get damage done is when there's space between you and Jiggs is on ground. In conclusion, it's hard for Samus to hit Jiggs, and Samus does not have advantage.

On Yoshi, Jigglypuff does not have the advantage. But I find it rather absurd to say that Jigglypuff has a large disadvantage. On "The cold and sad fact is that Yoshi's Airgame is actually superior to Jigglypuff's," since when? Besides a better air speed and down aerial, Yoshi lacks the range that makes Jigglys air game so great. Yoshi has a good bair, but it's not very much better than Jigglys aerials. But the mention of uair KOs on Jigglypuff, sure it could easily kill her, but Jigglypuff's aerial movement makes it relatively easy to dodge. On Rollout, Jiggly players RARELY use rollout.

I'd say either 6:4 advantage Yoshi or neutral.

Glick

Smash Lord
I think we should talk about Mario. I've been having a lot of trouble with them. Not just one awesome mario. They all give me trouble.

Mmac

Smash Lord
On Yoshi, Jigglypuff does not have the advantage. But I find it rather absurd to say that Jigglypuff has a large disadvantage. On "The cold and sad fact is that Yoshi's Airgame is actually superior to Jigglypuff's," since when? Besides a better air speed and down aerial, Yoshi lacks the range that makes Jigglys air game so great.
Yeah, that comment was kinda uncalled for, I apologize. I wasn't really basing it on Airspeed, but in the fact that Yoshi does indeed outranges Jigglypuff. Yes, Yoshi moves faster, but only slightly, and it's not like Yoshi can outrun you that much. Infact I think Jigglypuff is better do to her turning speed in the air.

I dunno, but when I'm approaching Jigglypuff head on with my Bair against her Fair/Bair. I usually almost always win. I dunno, sometimes it equalizes, but I usually end up beating Jiggs.

Yoshi has a good bair, but it's not very much better than Jigglys aerials. But the mention of uair KOs on Jigglypuff, sure it could easily kill her, but Jigglypuff's aerial movement makes it relatively easy to dodge. On Rollout, Jiggly players RARELY use rollout.

I'd say either 6:4 advantage Yoshi or neutral.
Aerial movement is good yes, but Yoshi pretty much equals in airspeed, and can chase her quite well. Also she doesn't have a good fastfall so depending on the position, if she dodges the first Uair, Jigglypuff won't reach the ground when her Airdodge finishes so that Yoshi can just Follow it up with another Uair, Unless Yoshi did a DJ Rising Uair on the first attack. Yeah, I'm aware that Jigglypuff don't usually resort to Rollout, but I just wanted to point it out incase you do.

Amide

Smash Lord
I'm OK with brash comments, such as "MK is better in every way to Jiggly." It's just that I don't think that what you said is true. Usually in Brawl, range=win. And technically, Yoshi DOES outrange Jigglypuff. Then again, Bowser outranges Jigglypuff, yet it's her best matchup. By the way, I didn't mean air dodging when talking about evading uair.

Mmac

Smash Lord
I'm OK with brash comments, such as "MK is better in every way to Jiggly." It's just that I don't think that what you said is true. Usually in Brawl, range=win. And technically, Yoshi DOES outrange Jigglypuff. Then again, Bowser outranges Jigglypuff, yet it's her best matchup. By the way, I didn't mean air dodging when talking about evading uair.
Well, I can see why you have an advantage on Bowser because he's a humongous Turtle that begs to be combo'ed to hell. Not to mention that his attacks are pretty sluggish.

I don't know what you mean about evading the Uair. If you're talking about outrunning it, then I don't think that physically possible

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
As an IC main, I believe that Jiggz still has a good game over the Twins. Nana is too easy to combo to hell.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
as j-puff, the easyest character for me to combo is gannondorf. once you get him to the edge hes finished. and its not at all hard to get him there

UPDATE///

marth......the WORST jiyggs matchup. i have alot of trouble with him cuz of his sword. if he did a f-air and i did a f-air, his over rules mine.

TheStig

Smash Lord
as j-puff, the easyest character for me to combo is gannondorf. once you get him to the edge hes finished. and its not at all hard to get him there

UPDATE///

marth......the WORST jiyggs matchup. i have alot of trouble with him cuz of his sword. if he did a f-air and i did a f-air, his over rules mine.
ganon is easy to combo. i don't have that much trouble with marths though

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
to the IC main- I agree that it's neutral, but advantage is a little too far imo.

marth being really horrible I can understand.

Amide

Smash Lord
I have never played a Peach before, so out of curiosity, why does Jiggly have a large disadvantage.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone else agree on neutral v IC and 30/70 v Marth?

Amide

Smash Lord
Anyone else agree on neutral v IC and 30/70 v Marth?
I'm not sure whether or not it's safe to raise IC to neutral, but Marth to 30/70 would mean as big a disadvantage as Olimar and G&W. Those match ups give me a lot harder time than Marth.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Me think that Jiggs has an advantage on ICs 60:40.

Jiggys can easily seprate them and gimp their recovery. The only thing ICs have are GC that hard to do on the lightest character, a SH blizzard and squall.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Me think that Jiggs has an advantage on ICs 60:40.

Jiggys can easily seprate them and gimp their recovery. The only thing ICs have are GC that hard to do on the lightest character, a SH blizzard and squall.
Don't get me wrong, grab combos are easiest for me to do on light characters, Bthrow-Bthrow/fthrow is way too easy to do. Not to mention, Jiggz can die at like 80 from a moderately charged IC Usmash.

Still, Nana can get WoP`d because she doesn't airdodge or even DI, I think. then, that leaves SoPo, with his crappy recovery that's begging to get gimped.

I'm not saying it's IC vs Peach(melee) bad but we definitely don't have the advantage.

Top Bottom