• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylian presents: SHDL! A Brawl Tournament. August 16th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian Presents: SHDL! The Tournament

I am providing free housing at this tournament. Feel free to stay the night :). This will be a tournament into a smashfest. You are going to want to bring stuff to sleep on however.

Location/Contact info:
2122 Jasmine Path, Round Rock TX, 78664

My phone number is 512-417-9205. You can call or text me, it doesn't matter but if you have questions or are running late, please let me know.

PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!!!! I only have one or two, so I REALLY need people to bring set-ups!!! Please post if you are going to bring one!!!

Entry fee:
$10 Brawl Singles
$20 per team for Brawl Doubles

The pot will be distributed 60-30-10. I will not be taking a venue fee or anything from the pot :).

Schedule:

The tournament is being held Saturday August 16th.

Registration for brawl singles begins at 12:00pm.
Registration for brawl singles ends at 2:00PM. The tournament will start shortly after.
Teams will begin as soon as singles is finished. If there is enough demand, we can do crews or something as well. We do have all night :).

The Rules:
General rules:

-3 Stock

-8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

- You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

*Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format:
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List

Starter <-- Don't freak out lol. Read below.
Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Luigi's Mansion
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Brinstar
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Jungle Japes
Distant Planet
Green Hill Zone
Pictochat
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
Mario Circuit

Banned

Hyrule Temple
New Pork City
Mario Bros.
Wario Ware
Spear Pillar
Shadow Moses
Flat Zone 2
75m
Rumble Falls
The Summit
Mushroomy Kingdom I & II
Big Blue
Hanenbow
Bridge of Eldin

I am going to be using a New Stage Strike system for this tournament. Read the below post for information.

Additional Rules for Double's Play

-Life Stealing is allowed
-Set team attack to ON

Additional rules:

- Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overtime. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The California Knockout Rule.

This is going to be the stage striking system that will be used at this tournament.

In this system, players take turns striking stages from the starter list until only one remains; these stages are not banned and can be counterpicked later in the set.

You will also be given one stage ban, which you can use on any stage including the starters to strike for the entire set.

RPS will decide who goes first.

So it works like this,

Here are the starting stages:

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Delfino
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege
Pokémon Stadium 1

My opponent says he doesn't want Stadium. I say I don't want Delfino.

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege

My opponent strikes lylat. I strike Halberd.

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege

My opponent strikes Castle Siege. I strike Yoshi's Island.

Battlefield
Smashville
Final Destination

My opponent strikes FD. I strike SV.

Battlefield is the stage we play on first. There will be no random stages :).

People possibly coming:
1. Hylian
2. Rayzorium
3. JesusFreak
4. AustinRC
5. Rockettrainer
6. RedShadow530
7. Lee Harris
8. Daimonster
9. Dojo
10. Santi
11. Thebadnewsbear06
12. SA people
13. Houston people
14. Dallas people
15. Doxa
16. Popertop
17. Dr. MarioKart(I'm assuming lol)
18. Sethlon(Hopefully)
19. Fogo
20. Brolly + Valley smashers.
21. JonBeBonanza + 5 people
22. Zori
23. Stiltzskin
24. CometStar
25. Kyas
26. Anthony.
27. Ic3
28. Ic3's roommate

Set-ups:
1. Hylian
2. Popertop
3. Sethlon (If he gets a ride)
4. RedShadow
5. Lee Harris
6. Pozerwolf (Only a T.V.)
7. JonBeBonanza
8. CometStar(no TV)
9. Anthony(no TV)
We will also have 1 melee set-up because I have a T.V. that only my GC will work on >_>.

Let me know if you are bringing people with you :).

House Rules
Please don't break stuff :(. And don't go in rooms when the door is closed. I don't want people messing with my roommates stuff. That's pretty much it >_>. We have a lot of fast food places around as well.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
short hop double laser?

Make some kind of sexual joke in it or something :p
Short hop double laser?

It obviously means Sexy Hoes Don't Listen.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Very tempting...very tempting indeed.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
LOL love the title.

And yes, I just posted in a TX topic with an Obama sticker. Some call me brave.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Sweet. Me and santi are def in. Gonna hit this up on the 16th. Then waco on the 17th. :D
Not sure about cake control. He's low on cash.

Kal

Smash Champion
Maybe it should be SHTL, since it's a Barlw tournament?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Anyone else planning on going to this? I'm thinking about driving down to Austin on Saturday and then Waco on Sunday.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Done with the rules :).

Bwett

Smash Ace
Why not bwett?
Did you not read it in the Dallas thread? You asked if we would be able to come and I said that I couldn't between 12th-20th because of visit to family's place :(. O well, yall have fun. I'll try to make more trips down during the fall semester. I'll go kick around a rock and complain lol

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Did you not read it in the Dallas thread? You asked if we would be able to come and I said that I couldn't between 12th-20th because of visit to family's place :(. O well, yall have fun. I'll try to make more trips down during the fall semester. I'll go kick around a rock and complain lol
Don't worry, I will hold more :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Good stuff :). Make sure and tell me who is coming with you as well :).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I'm not 100% if I will go, but I'll have a decision by this weekend. I'm not sure if anyone else in Houston wants to ride with me, but I don't plan on spending the night.

Also, would it be okay to still choose random if you want? Because I honestly don't care about the first stage, lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm not 100% if I will go, but I'll have a decision by this weekend. I'm not sure if anyone else in Houston wants to ride with me, but I don't plan on spending the night.

Also, would it be okay to still choose random if you want? Because I honestly don't care about the first stage, lol.
If your opponent agrees to it, then you can play on Hyrule for all I care. And I would bet money that Sethlon at least would want to go with you :). Probably stiltz as well.

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
If I go then I might be able to bring a full set-up. But just a warning: my TV's power button is kinda wacked out (sometimes it does everything except turn off lol).

Dojo

Smash Champion
Well me and santi both got the ok. Getting off work for the weekend is no prob. I think I'll be driving so, we're all set to go. Also who's going to Waco from this bad boy?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Well me and santi both got the ok. Getting off work for the weekend is no prob. I think I'll be driving so, we're all set to go. Also who's going to Waco from this bad boy?
I'm thinking about it :).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
This is doj still. We'll drive you to waco and back, no gas money or whatever, if you let us sleep on your floor sunday night. :)
Oh HELL yes.

It's a deal :). <3 <3 <3.

And Awesome Lee!!! We will definitely mess around with it :).

Kal

Smash Champion
I'll bring a set up when I come.

I will also bring whatever progress I've made on the rebalancing **** so that we can mess around on it. We could even do a small tourney with it.
What cheats are you using with Ocarina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom