• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas's Worst matchups, help w/ secondary

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
OK, i think imma change my main cuz i'm getting bored, so Lucas is my new main, but i need to know what his bad matchups are cuz the one Lucas matchup discussion only has a few of the top ranked characters on it, and the other one only has 4 characters done, and the fourth one isn't even done. So either what are his bad matchups, or who's a good secondary that covers his matchup weaknesses well.

From what i've been reading, Marth and Metaknight are tough ones, who else????
Thanks

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
OK, i think imma change my main cuz i'm getting bored, so Lucas is my new main, but i need to know what his bad matchups are cuz the one Lucas matchup discussion only has a few of the top ranked characters on it, and the other one only has 4 characters done, and the fourth one isn't even done. So either what are his bad matchups, or who's a good secondary that covers his matchup weaknesses well.

From what i've been reading, Marth and Metaknight are tough ones, who else????
Thanks
I don't think metaknight's is all that bad, but yeah, marth is pretty horrible.

That pretty much covers the "Hard Counter" matchups.

lil cj

Smash Lord
what about wario???

Ive never had a problem with Wario.
He out prioritizes Lucas in the air of course(and every other character)
So its sometimes hard to approach with aerials, Lucas's main approaches r usually Nair and Dair.
But other than that Lucas can destroy Wario.
Wario lacks range so Lucas can jus PK fire spam and fight from a distance.
But like mentioned before, look out for G&W, Marth, and Metaknight mostly.
Other than that Lucas can handle it.
Good secondary choices are Zelda, Pit, Olimar, and Snake.
They cover most of Lucas's weaknesses.
Oh yeah welcome to the Lucas boards.
U made a good choice switching to Lucas:)

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
Right now i'm leaning towards marth, although he still has a rough time w/ metaknight, but i think meta is only in favor of the matchup between lucas alittle bit anyways

lil cj

Smash Lord
Right now i'm leaning towards marth, although he still has a rough time w/ metaknight, but i think meta is only in favor of the matchup between lucas alittle bit anyways
Marth is another good choice for a main:)
Lucas is alot more fun to play, but has more flaws than Marth.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Kirby is a nice secondary to Lucas. He has good matchups against Lucas' weaknesses (For the most part)

Trozz

Smash Ace
It also depends who the good players are in your area. If you're next to Azen, expect to be ***** by a Lucario. If you're around Anther, have Pikachu paranoia.

Top Bottom