• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake double cypher glitch?

Masterplum

Smash Apprentice
I think whatever that explosion was blew up the cypher... but somehow you were able to draw another one. maybe whenever your cypher blows up you can pull out another one.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Dear lord I hope nobody figures out how to work this, snake already gives me nightmares.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I'm not sure, but I think a Samus did a double upB too. I was in with anyone Brawl and yeah... it was strange, and I though 'what the heck? I'll save the replay and look into it...', then I forgot to save the replay... lol.

She was in that trap thing on the wall.. like the Snake in the video...

But I guess it's not the same as the Snake one, since there was this explosion.

kupo15

Smash Hero
wow how strange. It must be a glitch because the Snake doesn't take any damage which indicates him not getting hurt by anything. I guess CPUs can teach us how to break this game lol

J-Money

Smash Apprentice
the only thing i can think of is that he had a grenade on his way up, marth's up b let him cypher again and the grenade exploded letting him up again.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
That makes no sense because Snake has to take damage if he wants to pull out another cypher but in this case the explosion did nothing, or so it seems...

kupo15

Smash Hero
omg is everyone here blind or what

he got attacked after cypher finished, therefore he gets his upb back, just like every other character in the game does

/thread

what exactly did he get hit by? His damage never went up which means he never got hit by anything which means he shouldnt get his up B back, right? :confused:

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah i noticed that shortly after lol

at uni computers so i didnt want to waste unnecesary bandwidth watching entire video :p

Luigi player

Smash Master
He never used a granade... and every time I try to do this with a granade I'm getting hit from the explosion.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
I saw another video with the exact same thing. I don't know exactly what is going on. However, in BOTH videos they had a grenade immediately AFTER the first Up-B finished. I think it'd be safe to say it has something to do with the timing of the grenade AND the Up-B release.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
he didn't have a grenade.

guys look really closely when i hop off the ledge. did i footstool him?

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
Maybe he didn't but clearly there was an explosion quickly afterwards that DIDN'T damage him. However, in the other video someone ALSO thought it was a footstool jump because a marth recovered right by him.

ADHD

Smash Hero
This is so simple you guys. It's no different from samus' up b glitch.

You guys should be ashamed, ****.

gallax

Smash Hero
this seems to be a common theme with brawl. there are so many glitches and its usually caused by the simplest things that we would never think of.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I'm just gonna take a shot in the dark and say Snake was stickied, and it blew up right when Snake loses his SA frames.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=fVkK-v5vE2Q watch, there is that weird spot on the edge. It's no different from marth's double dolphin slash, Idk if he can perform it on FD tho.

It can be replicated with snake, but you can just grab his cypher so I don't see a point.
Yeah that's good but one difference is the Snake was nowhere near the ledge when he did the 2nd cypher, explain that...

ADHD

Smash Hero
Yeah that's good but one difference is the Snake was nowhere near the ledge when he did the 2nd cypher, explain that...
It doesn't matter, you can use your up b again after your first up b hits that spot, he could fall to the bottom of the screen after hitting the weird spot and then use his up b again.

Shears

Smash Master
theres no footstool. in the first vid hes doing upB, theres an explosion and he can do it again while marth isnt anywhere near him. in the second vid he does his upB, theres an explosion and he do it again while marth isnt anywhere near him. so theres no footstool because marth isnt near him. footstools also dont cause explosions. my guess is a grenade. a grenade is pulled out and the cypher causes it to explode and the cypher takes the damage instead of snake, but it acts as knocking him out of his upB so he can do it again. if you look at the vids, the cypher explodes, not snake, so the cypher absorbs the damage instead of snake.

Shears

Smash Master
i just read the snake forums and in both vids he is footstooled during his upB, which according to the snake forums, the game will register he was knocked out of his upB allowing him to do another upB, however he wasnt knocked out of his upB so he can finish that one and then use the second upB the game gives him for thinking he was knocked out of it from the footstool. the explosion could be a wierd animation that comes up like when link or toon link use their zair when they die over the top of the stage.

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
I think it's more of this "scraping" move or whatever. If you're up against the wall and you're upBing/Jumping/whatever past a certain point, it refreshes your jumps. If you look, he skims the edge, and that's really that.

EDIT: On further inspection that isn't quite it. It may or may not be a factor in it, though.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I find it interesting that Marth swings his sword around at the same the harmless explosion happened.

That's my two cents.

Edit: I also like to point out both attack were the dair and that when marth landed the cypher explosion happened.

Top Bottom