• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting ledge recovery... method

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
I say "method", but what I really mean is "advanced technique".

It works on Final Destination, and probably Battlefield (anywhere where the edge is on a "lip" hanging off the platform). When underneath the lip, use one of your jumps while facing into the stage. Your head should hit the underside of the lip, and you'll stick there for a second until gravity starts pulling you down again. This is normal so far; it's just how the game handles vertical velocity and ceiling collisions.

The cool part comes where you hold the analogue stick away from the stage; you'll slide along the underside of the lip, still facing towards the stage, and therefore you grab the ledge automatically. Thanks to Jigglypuff's rediculous ledge-grabbing height, you remain underneath the lip the whole time - sheltered frome ledgeguarders by the ledge itself. The only way for them to hit you during the recovery would be to run off the edge and bair.

It's possible to do it with an up-B, which looks sexy, but I haven't tried that on purpose yet.

It's not super amazing, but it basically means that if you recover from directly underneath the lip of FD, you're guaranteed a safe ledgegrab (unless someone's under there with you :0 ...or if someone's already hanging off the ledge). And it looks verruh suave.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
link's ftilt actually hits below the lip, i'm pretty sure :p. so it's not safe from link D:

sounds like a fun way to implement sing.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Oh wow I tried it and that looks so hot. =P

Especially with Sing...it's ALMOST better then crouching up and down...

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I'll try this in a bit. I'll edit this post and give feedback when I'm done haha.

Edit: Seems cool. I don't know about trying Sing while doing it though, I kept SDing in training mode trying it <_<

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
Do not ever attempt on Snake. Anyone who has played a decent Snake, or watched one combo video should know why.
what its not like snakes uTilt hits below the level and will stage spike you or anything.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
link's ftilt actually hits below the lip, i'm pretty sure :p. so it's not safe from link D:

sounds like a fun way to implement sing.

O_o I doubt it hits this far underneath the lip.

And I haven't played a decent Snake... what do they do, plant bombzz on the lip?

Top Bottom