• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's think of uses for Sing

MSTK

Smash Cadet
I'm tired of all the lack of love for Jigglypuff's signature move, Sing. So I'm going to try to restore its prestige.

1) Quick ledgehogging
Jump sightly and sing right above a ledge. When you fall, it's instant ledgehogging. Many a Captain Falcon have I pissed off with this ability.

2) Ledge Canceling
If you sing above a ledge and your opponent is caught in your enchantment, the ledge will let you break out of your paralysis (a common side-effect of singing) and take advantage of your opponent's unconscious state. If you know what I mean.

3) A fourth taunt
Sing makes for an extremely effective fourth taunt. What better way to humiliate an opponent than by saying, "Look at me, I'm bloody singing!", right? Also, it's the perfect duration for a taunt. It lasts just long enough for your opponent to come back to life and kill you.
Who else on the Brawl lineup can claim that they have not three but four taunts?

4) Mindgame
Use this move to trip your opponent out. If they think they have you pinned down, use this to make yourself a bit unpredictable.
"Is he going to fair me? bair me? nair me? pound me? roll me out? rest me? Ah don't worry I have it all under control. Except...what what?!?!?!111 he is singi--"
- the last words of many brave jigglypuff opponents

5) Avoid damaging teammates
Sing is the only one of jigglypuff's moves that does not deal damage, so if you're in a team battle with friendly fire turned on, this move will not hurt your teammate at all.

6) Putting people to sleep
oh yeah sometimes it can make people sleep. idk.

Anyone else have any unconventional uses that they use sleep for?

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Sorry if I don't really contribute but 2 is the only reasonable use for it. Plus if I were to ever taunt with sing (which is rarely to never), it'd be at the end of the match. Crouching and returning to standing position repeatedly is a much more epic taunt.

iMichael

Smash Lord
I'd only use 2...I mean catching someone with sing is kind of hard and you don't want to risk it so your best bet is to do it on the ledge......that's the only use for it.

rinoH

Smash Lord
you can also use it as a quicker sweetspot cuz her sweetspotting is pretty slow so there are frames of vulnerability (underneath the stage)

Adapt

Smash Lord
DDD has 4 taunts, and crouching is the best of his taunts lol

I prefer to spotdodge as a taunt lol

Personally I just ledgecancel it unless its teams then it can set up for a smash from your teammate

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
Sing can detonate motion sensor bombs safely as well.
omg really? best use tbh lol.

ledge canceling is best used after forcing an opponent to not sweet spot by edge hogging, then get'em with a sing, get up, and rest his ***

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
Sing can also be a nice way to finish off the enemies in Boss mode, since it hurts them for some reason (Maybe to make up for the fact that they can't sleep?)

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
for some reason, everyone is all "JUMP IT JUMP IT!!"... but if you're holding onto a ledge, drop from the ledge, then jump and use sing while you rise. you'll catch the ledge, and most of the time you'll catch your opponent, if they're right there...

it feels safer than jumping and sinking a sing. easier to aim and doesn't leave you right in the air in front of your opponent.

rinoH

Smash Lord
for some reason, everyone is all "JUMP IT JUMP IT!!"... but if you're holding onto a ledge, drop from the ledge, then jump and use sing while you rise. you'll catch the ledge, and most of the time you'll catch your opponent, if they're right there...

it feels safer than jumping and sinking a sing. easier to aim and doesn't leave you right in the air in front of your opponent.
yeah thats alot better and you could use it for recoering too

DJ Kat

Smash Apprentice
Sing puts Falco and Fox to sleep after they used their Illusion attacks. The hit box comes out after they passed you, so you'll always put them to sleep, and you'll always wake up after being hit. Pretty fun when they're at a high damage, like Super Sudden Death, seeing as you won't die from that attack. Not to mention they'll be asleep for about 20 seconds.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
It's better to use sing when the opponents percentage is High. I like to trick my opponent by playing the dodging game and then singing his/her *** to sleep....it's hard to do her Down B so I just charge the Fsmash

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Zomg it's Y.b.M.! We didn't get to play much at WTON man, just some doubles.

I don't use sing, but if it's a high enough percent to work, f-smash should kill.

Top Bottom