• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamer's Edge - SC/NC Brawl Weeklies - next: nevar

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Update — 04/03/09: Next Bi-weekly!

Update — 03/15/09: New Bi-weekly!

These are dead, bi-weeklies are the new thing, all the tournament videos documenting SC's first year of Brawl are here.

1360 Cypress Point Drive, APT 106
Rock Hill SC, 29730

Time:

Registration starts at 6:00 p.m.

Doubles start at 6:30 p.m., with singles following directly afterward.

Fees:

--NO door fee.

--$5 for singles.

--$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Singles:

First Place - 70%
Second Place - 20%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 40%

Rules:

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with a 7 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral-

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counter picks-

Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Corneria
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Halberd
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Banned-

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.
- Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles.

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to Bowser.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.

Note:

Because of the location change, the pot cost has been dropped back down to $5, so, depending on how well this works out, we may or may not change some of the rules, i.e. the pot cost! So, once again, let's all try to support this, the more people we have, the more likely we are to bring it back up to $10.

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-235-8145.

Lareit

Smash Ace
hopefully charging more will keep those annoy *** scrub kids away.

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
Nice, hopefully this will bring more people out who actually have an idea as to what they are doing. I'm hoping for a good turn out.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Nice, hopefully this will bring more people out who actually have an idea as to what they are doing. I'm hoping for a good turn out.
Yeah there was this one guy, he played MK, he was about my age (12) and all he did was spam the tornado, and maybe 1 or 2 smashes after 50 tornados

underscore_

Smash Journeyman
somebody pick DDD and infinite chaingrab people off mario circuit and bridge of eldin.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Yeah there was this one guy, he played MK, he was about my age (12) and all he did was spam the tornado, and maybe 1 or 2 smashes after 50 tornados
Yeah, there was also another guy, he played Diddy, he was also about my age (20) and all he did was fail.

Jason.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I lol'd at ps1 being a nuetral. And Shadow Moses even being considered a CP.
Why is that so hard to belive? PS1 is usually always a neutral. :/

somebody pick DDD and infinite chaingrab people off mario circuit and bridge of eldin.
In the event of that. It'd probably be banned :/

Yeah, there was also another guy, he played Diddy, he was also about my age (20) and all he did was fail.

Jason.
Jason was the first person I played. He wasn't all that bad he came close to beating me thanks to those stupid bananas

Lareit

Smash Ace
Why is that so hard to belive? PS1 is usually always a neutral. :/

In the event of that. It'd probably be banned :/

Jason was the first person I played. He wasn't all that bad he came close to beating me thanks to those stupid bananas
jason stover plays Diddy
There was a guy there who's profile was diddy.
He play'd link I think.

As for what Kack says. If people are adamant about those 3 stages being banned to prevent chain grabs I'll see that it happens. And PK1 is neutral.
There are no stage killing hazards. Most of the stage changes are still largely neutral(minus windmill). Get over it.

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Are these only for the SC players? Nothing really goes on down here too much (tournament wise). If it's not only for SC players theres a chance I could make it to some of these, not all though.

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
Are these only for the SC players? Nothing really goes on down here too much (tournament wise). If it's not only for SC players theres a chance I could make it to some of these, not all though.
Not at all. Feel free to stop by. The more brawlers that show up the better.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
You guys should form a crew. And travel to tournaments and prove that SC is nothing to mess with.
There's already four of us that travel together, we're just not a crew ;\

We try to go OOS atleast twice a month, mainly GA and NC.

Yeah, but who cares..I'll travel for good competition.
Then you should come, I mapquest'd the directions and it's only about two hours away from you, which isn't too bad--we drive 4hrs+ to GA once a month, and are driving 3 to Charleston on Tuesday ;)

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I'd join up in a crew with you guys, but I doubt my parents would let me travel around with you guys :/ BTW I'm out of town till monday, so I probzly won't go to that tourney on tuesday :/

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
Yeah, joining a crew sounds awesome. We already travel together so why not make it official and compete together? And as far as this is concerned . . .

I'd join up in a crew with you guys, but I doubt my parents would let me travel around with you guys :/ BTW I'm out of town till monday, so I probzly won't go to that tourney on tuesday :/
. . . dude we would totally spring you from your house for your nana and popo. ;)

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Then you should come, I mapquest'd the directions and it's only about two hours away from you, which isn't too bad--we drive 4hrs+ to GA once a month, and are driving 3 to Charleston on Tuesday ;)
Right on brother, haha. I'll try to make some of these, we'll see.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Yeah, joining a crew sounds awesome. We already travel together so why not make it official and compete together? And as far as this is concerned . . .

. . . dude we would totally spring you from your house for your nana and popo. ;)
Lolz, I wish, but seeing how much older some of you are than I am, my parents won't let me go. But my dad MAY take me, but that all depends on traveling costs and stuff like that

One thing I wanna see is someone from california catch a plane over here for this tounrey :)

I Dirty I

Smash Rookie
Screw the TC.. I haven't been there in forever. Do you live here or something I Dirty I?
Nah, I'm a big Halo player too, and good friends with two kids from Augusta that go there a lot. They had a Brawl tournament a month or two ago with 350 first prize. I've been talking with one of the directors and he is trying to set up a monthly or atleast bi monthly tournament there, and is hoping to have one on August 30th.

They just moved to a new building and have been up grading a lot.

http://www.tcofaugusta.net/

WildStar

Smash Journeyman
Nah, I'm a big Halo player too, and good friends with two kids from Augusta that go there a lot. They had a Brawl tournament a month or two ago with 350 first prize. I've been talking with one of the directors and he is trying to set up a monthly or atleast bi monthly tournament there, and is hoping to have one on August 30th.

They just moved to a new building and have been up grading a lot.

http://www.tcofaugusta.net/
I don't care too much for the place really, I'll go to get money. That is one place I won't go and play for fun at, I hate that place. I'll go and get money, cause you know me...everyday I'm hustlin'.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
If we go with four people, it usually costs us about $45 each. That's gas, food and entrance fees, so I guess it's not that bad.
>.> Considering I don't eat during rides, I guess I could go but that still depends on HOW I get there, cause I'm preety sure my dad has to work :( So I guess tuesday's tourneys is out >.>

zCasanova

Smash Lord
>.> Considering I don't eat during rides, I guess I could go but that still depends on HOW I get there, cause I'm preety sure my dad has to work :( So I guess tuesday's tourneys is out >.>
Are you going to be coming Thursday, since you managed to beat Adam?

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Do you ever play at the Tournament Center in Augusta?
I love the TC. Great cash prizes :-p.

Clemson crew will probably make a couple of these... so uhh subscribed.

Edit: Any chance the buy in would be raised. With a 5 dollar buy in winning first would be unlikely to cover gas money. Maybe like have a once a month tournament with more money.

I Dirty I

Smash Rookie
I love the TC. Great cash prizes :-p.

Clemson crew will probably make a couple of these... so uhh subscribed.

Edit: Any chance the buy in would be raised. With a 5 dollar buy in winning first would be unlikely to cover gas money. Maybe like have a once a month tournament with more money.
Are you ryanator from the MLG forums?

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Are you going to be coming Thursday, since you managed to beat Adam?
Yup Yup :) I'm aiming for first, and I've been practicing alot agaisnt Marth's so I can find out how to beat you >.>
BTW: The last 4 days (Friday-Monday) I was at my Uncles house, and my grandma gave me 100$ so I'll be set for awhile :)

Top Bottom