• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] No Johns Monthly! April 19th!! Project M ! (Nanuet, NY)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so you guys should look into going to Mass Madness in 2 weeks. We're getting canada representation and possibly hbox representation (lol random)

come thru

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
No one going to this was going to FL anyway.

Is there anything between this Sat and this no Johns? If not Ill probably be here, whcich means Hazz will if he doesn't have a hangover. Reno come to this. I'll talk to Sneak/Copy about going to this too and Nando is probably interested

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Yeah I couldn't have gone to FL either way. Too many bills this month and next >_> impossssible. So I'm happy for this :D

Alukard

Smash Hero
you mean smokehouse fest.
yo otg i'm down for practicing at the smokehouse!

SADLY ITS TIME FOR THAT DREADFUL GOOD NEWS BAD NEWS ! >_>

GOOD NEWS ... IT SOUNDED LIKE OTG IS HOSTING A SMASHFEST AND THIS TURNOUT IS AMAZING!
i need my brushing up ... i just play ssf4 all day LOL ...

BAD NEWS ..............................

WE ARE REACHING A BIG *** NUMBER SO WE ARE GOING TO BE TAKING AWAY CHAIRS AND TABLES AND SPACE AND HE IS GOING TO WANT THE ORIGINAL 10$ ANYWAY..... =[

THE REASON WHY IT WAS GOING TO BE 5$ WAS BECAUSE HE... WELL I THOUGHT TOO ... I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE BARELY OVER 25 SINCE THE LAST NO JOHNS WAS 27 PEOPLE...

I REALLY HOPE THIS DOESN'T AFFECT ANYONE COMING TO THIS .... ITS REALLY LOOKING LIKE A SPOC RIGHT NOW .... AND WITH THESE NUMBERS I CAN DO POOLS ... WE HIT 40 CONFIRMED PEOPLE... AND EGGM STILL HASN'T EVEN POSTED! ... CMON ... LETS KEEP THIS GOING =\

R3N0

Smash Lord
No one going to this was going to FL anyway.

Is there anything between this Sat and this no Johns? If not Ill probably be here, whcich means Hazz will if he doesn't have a hangover. Reno come to this. I'll talk to Sneak/Copy about going to this too and Nando is probably interested
LOL.

HBK we teaming for this already did you forget?

Alukard

Smash Hero
for 10$ venue i wanna see brian in an apron serving people mixed drinks on rollerskates.
10$ venue was the original price for venue because we used to get 35 easy when these first started ...

but i look hella good in an apron ! ^_~

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
ppl need to bring TVs if they can. Im stepping up and bringing one.

so like if u have half of a full setup or part of one bring that ****. I have brought my melee copy to every tourney since losing my wii and it has been used. so if you only have a system bring it. if you only have a TV bring it. if you only have AV wires for a wii bring it(lol kidding on the last one).

LLDL

Smash Hero

so like if u have half of a full setup or part of one bring that ****. I have brought my melee copy to every tourney since losing my wii and it has been used. so if you only have a system bring it. if you only have a TV bring it. if you only have AV wires for a wii bring it(lol kidding on the last one).
I was talking to Eggm on AIM and he said he counted the TV'S that were not his at the last two no Johns and at one there was 2 tv's and the other there was 3. So people really need to bring tv's in case eggm doesn't come, thats 4 or 5 tvs gone right there, especially since this one might be big.

but i look hella good in an apron ! ^_~
ಠ_ಠ

Alukard

Smash Hero

what happened to your wii?!

waaa ... i do LOL i like to cook ... girls tell me i look good .... mayb its because the food is good too LOL

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
you know i'm in the building with a tv, wii, recording setup, car, french fries. yep.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Wait so....the venue owner was worried he wasn't gonna get enough of a turnout so he wanted to charge us $10, but now the turnout is TOO good, so he's charging us $10 anyway? What a load of crap. Or am I missing something?

Milos

Smash Lord
basically it's 5 dollars if we have a lot of people, but if we have so many that it's going to cut into the areas regularly used for magic/yugioh etc, the price goes back up to compensate for the money he could be making by having more space for the card players

i think....

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
the space was mad empty last no johns anyways so the owner should stop being gay and charging us for empty space that would be empty anyways

Nintendude

Smash Hero
the space was mad empty last no johns anyways so the owner should stop being gay and charging us for empty space that would be empty anyways
I've been hearing for years that this guy is a money grubber so I'm not surprised. On the other hand, I can't blame him for wanting to easily double his profit off the tournament, and honestly an extra $5 isn't much to pay. Any more would definitely be a bit much though.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
yea i dont mind either i just think its MAAAAAAAAAAAAD LAME

but w.e ill still be there lol

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
I've been hearing for years that this guy is a money grubber so I'm not surprised. On the other hand, I can't blame him for wanting to easily double his profit off the tournament, and honestly an extra $5 isn't much to pay. Any more would definitely be a bit much though.
it was ORIGINALLY 10 to begin with so we should e thankful he even dropped it in the first place. imo

Top Bottom