• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Champions Jigglypuff Tournament

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Rules:
You MUST use Jigglypuff

Early Round Play Will Be Best of 3, 4 Stock

The Finals Will Be Best of 7, 4 Stock

1 More Rule I Forgot: Items Set To Off And None

The First Stage Chosen Must Be a Neutral Stage, Then the Loser of the Previous Match Will Choose a Counterpick

Neutral Stages:
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield

Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium
Delfino Plaza
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion

You Should Not Wear The Same Outfit As Your Opponent Unless Both Are Ok With It

As Of Now, There Is No Prize Unless Someone Would Like To COntribute Something.

To Enter, You Must Post Your Online Name and Brawl Code.

You Will Have Until August 17th To Enter, After Which The Rosters Will Be Set

You Will Have A Week to Complete Each Best Of Three Set

Roster:
1. Alex 2406-4942-6008
2. Woody 2492-3885-1818
3. MSTK 0387-8505-3964
4. LosK. 3652-2049-9268 (Maybe)
5. Pizza 0001-3034-4313
6. Geo 5284-1797-0217
7. Stab 4725-7674-3904
8. Zebra 3952-6700-6869
9. TYBRG 5412-9553-5169
10. Glick 4382-1635-7280
11. DanGR 0946-1928-1474
12. TLink 5112-3131-0425

Please Not That If We Get Enough Interest, The Roster Size Will Increase. If There Is A COnflict For The Number Of Spots And Who Gets Them (i.e., there are 17 entrants and we want 16), Veteran Posters In This Thread Will Get Priority Over Those Who Are Just Joining The Tournament

If We Get 32 Entrants Or More, I Will Give 2,000 Wii Points To The Winner, Enough For An N64 And An N64 Game On The Wii Shop Channel (Smash 64 Is Not Yet Available, Will Likely Be Soon)

ATTENTION:
For Counterpicks, when brawling, go to the Jigglypuff chatroom to figure out your opponent's counterpick stage. Here is the link:
http://xat.com/Brawl_DiscussionFor_Jigglypuff

We will have three flights. I will choose everyone but LosK using a random feature and LosK will be put in the 5 person flight so I can see if his connection is okay. He will be chosen last so he will automatically be in the 5 person flight so he will still be put in at random.

Flights and Points:

Flight 1:
Geo 0
Stab 0
Glick 0
DanGR 0

Flight 2:
Zebra 0
TLink 0
TYBRG 0
Woody 2

Flight 3:
MSTK 0
Pizza 4
Alex 2
LosK 2

Flight 1 Matches

Flight 2 Matches
Woody beat TLink 2-0

Flight 3 Matches
Alex beat MSTK 2-0
LosK beat MSTK 2-0
Pizza beat LosK 2-0
Pizza beat Alex 2-0

You have 1 week to play someone in your bracket, preferably more than 1 person. Rules for each match with each person are listed above, post how many games you won here out of 3 (or 2 if it was a sweep) and I will make a chart. Winners in each flight of the most number of games will advance to a round robin of the flight winners, of which the top 2 will play in the finals.

MSTK

Smash Cadet
4 stock? Any reason why we're deviating from tourney norm? Is it that Rest kills Jigglypuff in the 50's?
Anyways, I'm in. Sound be interesting.

3. MSTK 0387-8505-3964

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
jiggly mirrors r fun. also someone should record matches in the tourney as well like the finals or something, would be good for the vid section

Tyser

Smash Champion
Jigglypuff dittos over WiFi makes my eyes bleed and makes me go into rages, if it didn't, I'd totally enter.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Jigglypuff dittos over WiFi makes my eyes bleed and makes me go into rages, if it didn't, I'd totally enter.
Come on, I was counting on at least two of the Phamphy, Tyser, Bowyer, and Tehzrxxzor group to enter... Now I can get tehrxxzor max and he doesn;t like dittos either... It won't be many games... with a prize if we get more entrants...

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Jigglypuffs dittos are dumb as hell.

Its not whos the Best Jigglypuff, its those who know HOW TO HANDLE AGAINST Jigglypuff the Best. Truthfully Most Jiggly mains have a huge lack of experiance actually fighting a Jigglypuff. Therefore usually the better Jigglypuff dosn't win half the time.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
thats a load of crap
a win is a win, if ur really that good than you'll win a jiggly mirror. Having knowledge of ur own main and how they play should come easy against ur brotheren.
if u think it takes no skill than fine, if u think its a game of rock paper scizzors, fine
but in the end the most tactical and smarter jiggz will win, no doubt
jiggly mirrors r about predicting and out doing ur opponent in and series of airs and grabs
YEEEE...nuff said

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
thats a load of crap
a win is a win, if ur really that good than you'll win a jiggly mirror. Having knowledge of ur own main and how they play should come easy against ur brotheren.
if u think it takes no skill than fine, if u think its a game of rock paper scizzors, fine
but in the end the most tactical and smarter jiggz will win, no doubt
jiggly mirrors r about predicting and out doing ur opponent in and series of airs and grabs
YEEEE...nuff said
My jigglypuff style usually plays air game against ground game. I do not like going air game against air game. If I ever fight a Jigglypuff. I chose my secondary Diddy Kong because I never seem to do good against other Jigglypuffs. It seriously is gay as hell.

TheStig

Smash Lord
trust me you ain;t gonna hit anyone with a rest on wifi especially against another jiggs. I've only been hit with dair to rest once. anyways...

Stig 0344 9052 0160

TheStig

Smash Lord
i wouldnt mind if the finals were recorded or if the matches lived up to the standards of this pic...

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ Impossible because nothing in this game can equal the amount of **** of the game Jigglypuff is holding.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
I'm honored that you want me so bad to enter, but I kinda don't have much time right now (which sucks because I love lurking around smashboards and whatnot lol). Thank you though :)

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
possibly *will probably lose the first round :p*
panda 1590-4415-3481

actually, i'll be really busy at that time with school starting, i can't join D:

apparently there's a rule where you shouldn't post your sig unless your post is bigger than it... when did this happen? >_>

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Your in, but I need your online name not your username on smashboards.

Like my online name is alex, but my username here is Illinialex. There's a 5 character limit on your name, so post back with your online name and you'll be in.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
recording the finals is probably the best idea because there is likely to be many campy puffs who just wait for oppurtunities the whole match=not fun to watch.
two aggressive jiggz would be fun to watch hopefully we get a few like that=a lot more fun to watch

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
recording the finals is probably the best idea because there is likely to be many campy puffs who just wait for oppurtunities the whole match=not fun to watch.
two aggressive jiggz would be fun to watch hopefully we get a few like that=a lot more fun to watch
If Jeepy had wifi, he'd certainly be entertaining to watch, by your standards. :)

I'm pretty aggressive too =P

Top Bottom