• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas and Jab Cancel (and a little thing of PKF) VIDEOS ADDED

prOAPC

Smash Lord
**I only have replays that can be watched in your wii, I'd appreciate it if someone can record them with good quality**
After I read and understood the frame data Levitas posted, i came with the idea of replacing the third jab (slowest jab) with one of Lucas' attack.
For those who don't know what Jab Cancel is, is to interrupt the jab combo (generally AAA) and continue with another attack, to do this, crouch after the first or second jab and use any attack, even another jab to start the combo again, you are doing it right if you don't see the crouch animation.
I have a video, you can watch it here. The video is 3 minutes long, and has a few mistakes. What you can see in the videos is the following:
AAA-> normal jab combo
AA Ftilt
AA DownB
AA Grab
AA Dtilt
AA Fsmash
AA Dsmash
Combos with nair+AA+jab cancel+attack
i don't know if this combos can be dodge/shielded, but AA Ftilt, AA Grab and AA DownB look pretty solid. Also, AA Dtilt is like a longer jab combo, with probability to trip the opponent.

The other thing is, maybe has been talked before, is a late PK Fire, if you do it right, the PK Fire will travel really low, you can even hit a lying Snake or explode his Dsmash. To do this, just use short hop and use a PK Fire when you lose the upward momentum. Here's a video of me practicing it.

VIDEOS

1. Combos with Jab Cancel (few mistakes)
2. Late PK Fire (low lag upon landig)
3. Three bad friendlies fights, bad because i was too concentrated in using jab cancel combos than fighting

Jab Cancel Combos
Late PK Fire
APC (Lucas) vs Katsuya (Ganondorf)
APC (Lucas) vs CO-K (Pit) 1
APC (Lucas) vs CO-K (Pit) 2

lil cj

Smash Lord
Thats very cool
I didnt know u can do that
I knew about the Nair combos but not jab cancel combos
Im gonna hav to try that late Pk fire(or PK flare)
sounds good for mind games
thanks for sharing APC

Levitas

the moon
Hey, that's really cool. AA DownB should be a solid KO option from now on.

Think about it, that's the fastest KO option in the game, a frame 2 move that combos to the kill.

Levitas

the moon
I'm betting that even if it doesn't combo, it'll work once, and maybe twice before the opponent catches on. The appropriate responce for them would be to buffer a shield during the AA, and that'll net you a free throw if you start winning rock paper scissors at the very least.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
I am trying the AA Down-B combo and the only problem im having is that th jab throws them too far away for the psi shield to catch them when it is released...also one thing i like is the AA dtilt combo....at the right % the opponent will trip which can give you a bit more time for a ko move

Galeon

Smash Ace
Wow haven't posted here in a while. Doing something like this is bound to get you jabbed back unless the other guy's just scared to do something. The jabs just don't have enough stun to go into anything. It's nice for a mixup on hit when you don't want them flying away. Not safe on block (yet still safer than finishing your jabs on block). Just today, for example, I was going against my friend's Marth. I did jab, jab, grab. He up-b'ed me after the second jab and before the grab. Also been snake up tilted for trying to mixup after two jabs. With that said, there've been plenty of times when I've jab, jab, grabbed successfully or different types of mixup. It's probably just not something you should expect to work multiple times in one match.

Obviously them trying to hit you after your second jab is dangerous for them too since you can jab, jab, block and punish accordingly.

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Wow haven't posted here in a while. Doing something like this is bound to get you jabbed back unless the other guy's just scared to do something. The jabs just don't have enough stun to go into anything. It's nice for a mixup on hit when you don't want them flying away. Not safe on block (yet still safer than finishing your jabs on block). Just today, for example, I was going against my friend's Marth. I did jab, jab, grab. He up-b'ed me after the second jab and before the grab. Also been snake up tilted for trying to mixup after two jabs. With that said, there've been plenty of times when I've jab, jab, grabbed successfully or different types of mixup. It's probably just not something you should expect to work multiple times in one match.

Obviously them trying to hit you after your second jab is dangerous for them too since you can jab, jab, block and punish accordingly.
my thoughts exactly...this technique (like many other techniques of Lucas') should only be used once or twice a match, because once your opponent catches on they can see it coming and punish you for it...especially since going from double jab into another move actually takes acouple frames more to go into thus giving your opponent plenty of time to retaliate

prOAPC

Smash Lord
In the replay above, when i performed the AADtilt, Zelda tripped with the second Dtilt.
You can use only one jab or two, try to combine your combos, with different setups so your enemy can't predict you

Obsidianlynx

Smash Rookie
I just checked out the DownB kill percent on FD against mario lvl 3 and its 110%.
Anyone want to verify this?

Edit: It actually depends a lot on where the DownB hits. If it works perfectly its 110%. If not its slightly more.

Trozz

Smash Ace
I can verify that magnet is a solid kill move (if the stick goes stale or something). Remember that you can cancel magnet faster (less lag) if you actually absorb something while its out.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i made this combos worked yesterday in my last fights
so far, i use a lot AA Grab and AA Ftilt
the problem i have is that i have to be really concentrated in what i want to do, i mean, out of shield, i want a AA Ftilt, but i end with a simple AAA, just because i make it fast

prOAPC

Smash Lord
today, i used a lot the following combo versus a Fox
jab+jab+cancel+dtilt+grab+dthrow+utilt+PKT+PKT2
after a few times, he learned the combo, so he stop me after utilt, but, the thing is, that the first part of the combo (jab+jab+cancel+dtilt+grab) is awesome and really works

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
today, i used a lot the following combo versus a Fox
jab+jab+cancel+dtilt+grab+dthrow+utilt+PKT+PKT2
after a few times, he learned the combo, so he stop me after utilt, but, the thing is, that the first part of the combo (jab+jab+cancel+dtilt+grab) is awesome and really works
dear god that combo sounds sexy
*begs for vids*

prOAPC

Smash Lord
ok, i had some testing with this combo (jab+jab+cancel+dtilt+grab), here are the results
1. you can get grabed or attacked between the second jab and dtitl, but, the opponent can't shield between those attacks, i don't know why that happen, maybe because dtitl has a really low priority
2. it works perfect if the opponent tries to shield or spotdodge
3. the combo works at every %. For example, at low %, i follow the combo with dthrow+utilt+PKT and once at high %, i finish the combo with dthrow to kill.
4. once, after dtilt, i made a "reverse" grab, i was just lucky because my opponent was DIing in the other direction. I don't know if it was a pivot grab, because i grabbed him
5. don't practice it with a CPU 9, the CPU only attacks, so the combo won't work. I only perfomed it vs a Toon Link CPU 9, because everytime it throw the boomerang, it tends to shield until it has the boomerang again
6. of course, the combo is easier if the dtilt makes the opponent to trip, but if it happens, go for the fsmash

Noraa

Smash Lord
Yeah iv pretty much added this to my game now, i have a tourny this saturday to put it in full affect. Thanks prO

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Late PK Fire has been known for quite some time now but okay. Can't hurt to reinforce the message. Jab cancel combos are all escapable. Mixing them in sometimes works for mindgames though.

Top Bottom