• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddys worst matchup?

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I think the general consensus is that it's Falco.

The reflector is really a pain, especially because he kicks it out. His glide toss goes further than Diddy's also. Both of these things screw up Diddy's banana game a lot.

SonicFire

Smash Apprentice
Wolf or Pit...

Wolf:His smashes are much faster than Diddy's, his tilts are faster than Diddy's, the reflector screws with the nanerz, and the blaster makes it all the harder.

Pit:Spammy projectile, spammy Neutral A, two different kinds of reflectors[one that even causes damage], and can pretty much gimp Diddy's recovery without worry.

Match-ups these days...

ADHD

Smash Hero
Olimar

Its definitely the pipsqueak, he ***** diddy. First off, you cannot approach him, side b kick is like, the only way and its probably going to get shield grabbed, since they love to shield grab. And btw, you cant just chuck the nanerz at him, the pikmin get hit instead and then he picks them up and ***** YOU!!!

Martial

Smash Apprentice
Olimar
Tink
And just curious, do people consider both fox and falco to be counters or just falco?
I've never found Fox that hard to deal with; his reflector gets really predictable, and his blaster doesn't shut you down as much as Falco's does. Falco's always been a problem for me because of his reflector being able to "convert" bananas that are just lying around on the ground in front of him. With Fox and Wolf (and Pit and Zelda, etc), you can simply start using bananas to limit their stage options instead of throwing them right at them; with Falco (and Mario, to a much lesser extent) that doesn't work, since his reflector shoots out so far and quickly that he can do whatever the hell he wants to on the stage.

saberhof

Smash Master
^wario can eat bananas...

i havent played a good olimar yet, but i have played ONE...and everytime i threw a banana, it would hit a Pikmin, he literally has a barrier over your bananas if he's good...

as for falco...his reflector is a *****...

Pit is not hard at all...the spammy moves can be shielded, just don't try to side step when hes near you...>o>...and make shure you have a banana to glide toss after he finishes the move

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Peach.

Not only is Peach a good glide tosser, able to float over your nanas, has high as hell priority and good reach on her aerials, she has her turnips to glide toss with if you decided nana's are making your job harder.

She's hell to KO because she can float, especially harder to KO if you face someone with good DI, shes good at comboing her dair to things to rack up damage.

Overall, I just don't face many Peach's I guess, and so when I do I get owned xD but especially my Diddy who goes nearly useless vs a Peach

xeleion

Smash Apprentice
Peach.

Not only is Peach a good glide tosser, able to float over your nanas, has high as hell priority and good reach on her aerials, she has her turnips to glide toss with if you decided nana's are making your job harder.

She's hell to KO because she can float, especially harder to KO if you face someone with good DI, shes good at comboing her dair to things to rack up damage.

Overall, I just don't face many Peach's I guess, and so when I do I get owned xD but especially my Diddy who goes nearly useless vs a Peach
When I play Diddy v Peach, I stay in the air a lot with Diddy. I main both characters, and as Peach it's always a bit harder for me to counter someone's approach when they're at shorthop height. Also, remember that Peach is laggy; lots of time you can get away with hit and run tactics and poke at her till she's in KO range. The only time I ever use bananas against a Peach is to knock her out her float, but the Peanut Popgun works a bit better imo since it travels in an arc uncharged. You can bait her float with bananas, and then cut her approach off with a peanut. It's just one of those matchups that require a bit of patience. ^__^

ADHD

Smash Hero
Vs peach if you use the peanut gun right she's not too hard, but she's still annoying

Top Bottom