• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Which Moveswaps Work? (FINISHED!)

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
FINISHED
All Normal characters tested and completed.
I'll now go back and finish bowser, and as soon as the special characters start working, I'll do them too.

the top row is the characters who get their moveset replaced, they are abreviated, and are in the order the column shows them. the column shows the movesets that replace the other characters.

the \ is for the character matchup with itself. the O means it works (at least loads the character). the X means that the character does not load with the moveset. the * is the character matchup that does not appear to attach the moveset on the character, whether the code doesn't work or it is the incorrect code (i made ice climbers * because their game freezing is consistant to all characters). the periods are for spacing so that the | make semi-even lines.

Warchamp7 is working on a much nicer flash version of this list: http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/210808/46865_Brawl_Moveswap_List.php

|||||||||Ma|Lu|Pe|Bo|Do|Di|Yo|Wa|Li|Ze|Sh|Ga|To|Sa|Za|Pi|Ic|Ro|Ki|Me|De|Ol|Fo|Fa|Wo|Ca|Pi|Sq|Iv|Ch|Lu|Ji|Ma|Ik|Ne|Lu|Ga|Sn|So|
:mario2:|.\.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *.|O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:luigi2:|O.|.\.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *.|O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:peach:|O.|O.|.\.|.*.|X.|O|.X.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O.|O |*.|.*.|O|*.|O.|*.|O.|O.|O.|X.|.X.|.X.|.X.|O|.*.|*.|*.|X.|O|O.|.X.|X.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:bowser2:|------------------------------------------------------------(bowser's moveset cannot be used)
:dk2:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|.\.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *.|O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:diddy:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|\.|O.| O. |O|*.| *.|O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:yoshi2:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|.\.| O. |O|*.| *.|O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:wario:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|X.|O|.X.|.\..|O|*.|.*.|.O.|O |*.|.*.|O|*.|O.|*.|O.|O.|O.|X.|.X.|.X.|.X.|O|.*.|* |*.|.X.|O|O.|.X.|X.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:link2:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |\.|*.| *.|O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:zelda:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|X.|.O.|O|.\.|.*.|.O.|O.|*|.*.|O|*.|O.|*.|O.|O.|O.|X.|.O.|.X.|.X.|O|.*.|*.|* |X.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:shiek:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| \. |O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:ganondorf:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *. | \.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.| X |O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:toonlink:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *. |O.| \.|.*.|.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:samus2:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *. |O.|O.| \. |.*.|O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:zerosuitsamus:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *. |O.|O.|.*.| \. |O|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:pit:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *. |O.|O.|.*.|.*.|\.|* |O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:popo:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.| O. |O|*.| *. |O.|O.|.*.|.*.|O|\.|O.|* | O |O.|O |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| *.|*.| *.|O.|O| O |O |O |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:rob:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O.|O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|\.|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:kirby2:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O.|O.|* |.*.|O |*.|O| \ |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:metaknight:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.| \ |O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:dedede:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|X.|O|.X.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|\. |O.|X.|.X.|.X.|.X.|O|.*.|*.|*.|X.|O|O.|.X.|X.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:olimar:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.| \ |O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:fox:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.| \ |O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:falco:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.| \ |.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:wolf:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.\.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:falcon:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.| \ |O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O. |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:pikachu2:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|X.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|\.|.*.|*.|*.|X.|O|O. |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:squirtle:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O| \. |*.|*.|O.|O|O. |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:ivysaur:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|\.|*.|O.|O|O. |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:charizard:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|\.|O.|O|O. |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:lucario:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.| \ |O|O. |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:jigglypuff:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|\.|O. |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:marth:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|.\.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:ike:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O. | \ |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|
:ness2:|O.|O|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|O.|O.|*.|.*.|O|*.|O.|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|.\. |O.|O.|O.|O.|
:lucas:|O.|O|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|O.|O.|*.|.*.|O|*.|O.|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|.\.|O.|O.|O.|
:gw:|O.|O|O.|.*.|O.|O|O.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|O.|O.|*.|.*.|O|*.|O.|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|O.|O|O.|O.|O.|O.|.\.|O.|O.|
:snake:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|X.|O|.X.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O.|O |*.|.*.|O|*.|O.|*.|O.|O.|O.|X.|.X.|.X.|.X.|O|.*.|*.|*.|X.|O|O.|.X.|X.|O.|O.|.\.|O.|
:sonic:|O.|O.|O.|.*.|O.|O|X.|.O.|O|*.|.*.|.O |O.|*.|.*.|O |*.|O|*.|O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.O.|O.|O|.*.|*.|*.|X.|O|O . |O.|O.|O.|O.|O.|.\.|

*the following characters cannot have movesets applied to them:
bowser, zelda/shiek, samus/zamus, ice climbers, kirby, squirtle, ivysaur, and charizard

there are over 1400 matchups to test.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
my suggestion to easily test movesets is to make a .GCT file with a single character's moveset to every character on the list (except giga bowser, PT(person), and the alloys). also it would be useful to put on the "replace character entrance with standing animation" code.

these codes are found in this thread:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186699

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
but that was before ocarina, and it was for the japanese version. im trying to be very specific as to codes tested on ocarina for the US version of brawl.

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
I would like to say, I have tested EVERY character with Olimar, except Peach.

Lucario, Ike, Ness, Lucas, and Pit work the best. Fox, Falco, Wolf, Luigi, and Mario look the best.

I ahve pictures of everyone but Peach, and the characters that don't work.

Who CAN use Olimar's moveset.
:olimar:|O|O|X|*||O|O|O|O|*|*|O|O|*|*|O|*|O|*|O|O|\|X|X|X|X|O|*|*|*|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|*|O|

You can acess those with intro problem through All-Star, Classic, and Training! That is how I have seen the X'd characters.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
left column is moveset (olimar's moveset)
top row is characters (olimar with various movesets)

so just post which characters work with olimar
freeze with olimar
or are not affected (with/by) olimar

do you mean that you've tested every moveset on olimar?

Iboid

Smash Apprentice
left column is moveset (olimar's moveset)
top row is characters (olimar with various movesets)

so just post which characters work with olimar
freeze with olimar
or are not affected (with/by) olimar

do you mean that you've tested every moveset on olimar?
Wait... AH! No, I meant I've tested who Olimar can have his moves Too! Drat. Well, you could convert that to the individual characters, right?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
if you have tested every character, then you can just say who it does not work with, and who it doesn't affect. it will be easier than trying to understand your
"|O|O|X|*||O|O|O|O|*|*|O|O|*|*|O|*|O|*|O|O| \|X|X|X|X|O|*|*|*|O|O|O|O|O|O|O|*|O|"
say who it doesn't work with, and doesn't effect for olimar's moveset or olimar with movesets.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
and only say they freeze the game if they don't load, and you've bypassed the intro problems.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
finished luigi's moveset, exactly like mario's...

so the characters marked by * do not work with anyone i guess...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
any particular request for trying out a particular character's moveset on all the other characters? this is just for whoever wants to find out before i get to it by going in order.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
how would I go about move swapping?

REQUEST: Ness w/ other peoples moves or other people w/Ness` moves...

I dont really care heheheh

-----_________████████████
---_______██░░░░██░░░░██████
-__██████░░▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓██
██░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓██
-__██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓█ █
--____██████░░████████████████
--____██░░░░░░░░░░████████████
--____██░░██░░░░░░░░██░░██████ ██
-__██░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███████ █
--____██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
--____██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
---______██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██
----________██ ░░░░░░░░░░████████
-----__________████░░████▓▓▓▓█ █
-----__________██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓ ▓██
----________██▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓▓██▓▓ ██
----________██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░██ ██
----________██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██░░░░██ ██
----________██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████
-----__________██░░░░░░████
-----__________██▓▓▓▓▓▓██
----________██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
-----__________████████

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
if finished peach's (her code is such a *****)
the ones that don't work are:
DK
Yoshi
Ice climbers
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Captain falcon
lucario
ike
and ness

I just received a report that ness as peach works, could someone verify that?

only teh ice climbers didn't work for ness

and ness as peach didn't work the next time i tried

so if anyone got ice climbers to work with anyone, or if anyone got ness to work as peach, say so.

i've tried all the most likely compatible characters for bowser, none worked, i'm thinking the code could be broken, or he is incompatible with every character.

i won't finish him until it's fixed, or at the end of testing.

Dk's, G&W's, olimar's, and diddy's movesets are the funniest looking to put on characters.

and anything put on pikachu generally rocks, longchu strikes again!

DK works with everyone except ice climbers, again

same with diddy...

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
too many posts by me

i wrote the same thing in all the other posts, but with spoiler blocks, so it's less annoying.

if only someone else posted, then i wouldn't have had so many posts in a row...

if any admin wishes, please delete those posts, and even this one. i've moved all those posts into the post above, to save space

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
wario's moveset is like peach's but ness works

who doesn't work:
DK
Yoshi
Fox
falco
wolf
captain falcon
lucario
ike

and of course... ice climbers

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
EDIT: i dunno, the first post seems messed up while i was on my mac, and now it's better on the PC. probably because of the way the two computers made spacing for the characters, are the lines parallel on other peoples computers?

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
EDIT: i dunno, the first post seems messed up while i was on my mac, and now it's better on the PC. probably because of the way the two computers made spacing for the characters, are the lines parallel on other peoples computers?
All the completed characters are aligned properly

Also, heres a new version up to Yoshi

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180808/62441_Brawl_Moveswap_List.php

I used black squares for Bowser for the people that aren't done

Edit: Up to Wario
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180808/64126_Brawl_Moveswap_List.php

Raikousei

Smash Rookie
A list of findings discovered by me as well as some friends:
(freeze = the game freezes with that BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ noise)

Dedede
-> Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong
-> Falco
-> Samus

Falco
-> Fox
-> Mario

Fox
-> Falco
-> Wolf

Mr.Game & Watch
-> anyone (I haven't seen him freeze the game as anyone yet)

Ganondorf
-> Captain Falcon (down taunt causes freeze)
-> Ike (down taunt causes freeze)
-> Ivysaur (down taunt causes freeze)

Ike
-> Marth

Link
-> Toon Link

Lucas
-> Ness

Luigi
-> Zero Suit Samus
-> Metaknight (specials and crawl causes freeze)

Mario
-> Donkey Kong
-> Link
-> Sonic (Spin Dash and Spring don't work)
-> Zero Suit Samus (crawl causes freeze)

Marth
-> Captain Falcon
-> Ike
-> Wario (crawl causes freeze)

Metaknight (in-game name: Meta Knight)
-> Kirby (specials freeze, taunts unconfirmed)
-> Peach

Ness
-> Lucas

Peach
-> Dedede (up taunt and up special move causes freeze)
-> Ganondorf

Captain Olimar
-> Ganondorf

Pit
-> Robot (neutral and side special move freeze)

Sonic
-> Ike

Toon Link
-> Link

Wario
-> Yoshi (side special move causes freeze)
-> Zero Suit Samus (side special move causes freeze)

Yoshi
->Mario (crawling causes freeze, specials unconfirmed)
->Luigi (I think all specials cause freeze, not sure >_>)

ZakoBoy (in-game name: Red Alloy)
-> Captain Falcon

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
A list of findings discovered by me as well as some friends:
(freeze = the game freezes with that BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ noise)

Dedede
-> Captain Falcon

Diddy Kong
-> Falco
-> Samus

Falco
-> Fox
-> Mario

Fox
-> Falco
-> Wolf

Mr.Game & Watch
-> anyone (I haven't seen him freeze the game as anyone yet)

Ganondorf
-> Captain Falcon (down taunt causes freeze)
-> Ike (down taunt causes freeze)
-> Ivysaur (down taunt causes freeze)

Ike
-> Marth

Link
-> Toon Link

Lucas
-> Ness

Luigi
-> Zero Suit Samus
-> Metaknight (specials and crawl causes freeze)

Mario
-> Donkey Kong
-> Link
-> Sonic (Spin Dash and Spring don't work)

Marth
-> Captain Falcon
-> Ike
-> Wario (crawl causes freeze)

Metaknight (in-game name: Meta Knight)
-> Kirby (specials freeze, taunts unconfirmed)
-> Peach

Ness
-> Lucas

Peach
-> Dedede (up taunt and up special move causes freeze)
-> Ganondorf

Captain Olimar
-> Ganondorf

Pit
-> Robot (neutral and side special move freeze)

Sonic
-> Ike

Toon Link
-> Link

Wario
-> Yoshi (side special move causes freeze)
-> Zero Suit Samus (side special move causes freeze)

Yoshi
->Mario (crawling causes freeze, specials unconfirmed)
->Luigi (I think all specials cause freeze, not sure >_>)

ZakoBoy (in-game name: Red Alloy)
-> Captain Falcon
were just looking for if it loads the character or not. if it freezes before you even see the character, then it did not load.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
Melee, you listed Falco as loading for Zelda, however, it should be a do nothing, I tried Falco on Zelda and nothing changed

General Glue

Smash Rookie
I think that there's some sort of issue with character identity when you try to give a character that has a transformation (Zelda/Sheik, Bowser/Giga, Wario/Wario man, Samus/ZSS) a new moveset. It just won't work. What's up with that? Does it not recognize the character?

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
Melee, you listed Falco as loading for Zelda, however, it should be a do nothing, I tried Falco on Zelda and nothing changed
well it should definitely not have the "unaffected" for falco, that was only for the few characters: bowser, kirby, samus/zamus, zelda/shiek, and pt's pokemon. he should either work correctly or freeze trying, maybe the code wasn't on when you did it? cause it definitely worked for me.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I think that there's some sort of issue with character identity when you try to give a character that has a transformation (Zelda/Sheik, Bowser/Giga, Wario/Wario man, Samus/ZSS) a new moveset. It just won't work. What's up with that? Does it not recognize the character?
but wario seems pretty normal, his moves get swapped. also kirby has no transformation, so i don't see why bowser and kirby don't work.

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
I'd like to see a zero suit samus be dedede!!!!
can't work quite yet, samus/zamus are unaffected by moveswap codes right now.

oh and all characters work for sheik. she has one of the highest working movesets ive seen so far. both mario and lucario did not freeze at all. lucario is HILARIOUS as sheik.

Top Bottom