• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi's "Glide Toss" or Double Jump Throw Canceling! or the PRiDE Pounce.. or not

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Okay.. So I researched this all night.. I have not been able to find anything about it so PLEASE tell me if I am ******** and blind!

I was kinda angry that YOSHI didn't have a real glide toss and I also wanted to get some banana practice in vs Diddy. So I went to training mode to fool around. Apparently Yoshi can double jump throw cancel which has the same effect as a glide toss! You can go in all which ways with it. This is a quick video I made. I think it shows just the beginning of what can be done with this. It is just like dragonic reversing but way easier and maybe more useful..

Again please tell me if this is old news so I can get rid of this post as fast as possible =)...

I wish I can call it by it's cute name Pride pouncing... to bad naming things after you doesnt fly these days.. Double Jump Throw Cancel Gliding? lolol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yD3PtKd3E_I

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Heh, good work, Pride. This is definitely something to add in Yoshi's arsenal against Diddy...

Talazala

Smash Journeyman
Pride pouncing is not bad. Wait'll a DiddyKong main finds this. Does this make Yoshi a good character to counter diddy?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Eh.. Chain grabbing makes Yoshi a reasonable match up.. I think its either 4:6 diddy or 4.5:5.5 diddy .. Its real close. Banana spam is tough.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
It is not just useful against Diddy. You can use it on ZSS armor pieces, turnips, gernades, and robs top.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I was messing around with this and I did the DJC toss then grabbed him after he tripped and then you can start a CG (against diddy).

PRiDE

Smash Lord
I totally did that too! I am working right now on my Yoshi dribbling. Can't seem to do it as well as Diddy though... Throwing the banana down sliding back picking up the new one, throwing down sliding forward picking up the new one etc...

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Diddy cant really spam bananas against Yoshi since Yoshi slides so far after tripping from a banana. Id have to say 5.5/4.5 in Yoshi's favor.

Edit: Sorry if this is somewhat offtopic

Top Bottom