• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Do's and Dont's

LosKnoggos

Smash Apprentice
I Think this explains itself. What should a Jigglypuff never do and what is very good for it?
Do: sliding Up-Smash
Don't: Spaming rollout

chckn

Smash Ace
I just started playing jiggs and natrually I abused fair because of its ease as an approach/gimp.

When gimping with nair I often trade off hits, am I timing this wrong or is this common.

Also, aprroach with side-b?

Lastly in melee you could dair cancel into usmash, can this still be done off of a short hop or is the timing different?

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ DairRest instead. Its a devastator.

Do's: spam Bair/Nair, grab often, DAC (if you want to be cool, but dont abuse), DairRest, WoP if your opponent doesnt believe in air dodging.
Dont's: rollout, miss DairRest, SD, not rest, spam Fair, go apeshit on a Snake.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do: empty SHs
Don't: spam fair approaches on Zelda. Trust me on this one. ._.

rinoH

Smash Lord
do: shieldgrab , DAC, WoP wit bair, use nair alot, use save fair up as a killing move, run away from snake change to another character if the oponent is using mk

dont: use fair often, miss rest, use rollout, attack snake

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I remember when I used f-air all the time...

What can I add that has not been mentioned?...

Do: Learn how to use d-air into Rest.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Do: Tech chase with rollout
Do: counter pick with delfino
Don't: Counterpick with delfino if the opponent can spike easily
Don't: Miss Rest
Don't: Let your opponent pick BattleField, strike it immediatly.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Do: Throws. They have nice damage on all of them.
Do: Sing cancel. Don't do it if you won't have a good shot at putting them to sleep, keep it as a surprise.

Don't: Ever ever break your shield.
Don't: Forget about FSJ.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
It's been said, but I'm going to repeat it because it is quite important: Use b-air. A lot. You want to connect with b-air a lot. You want it's knockback to decrease. Why? B-air off-stage WoP > rest is godly. But if b-air is fresh, they will be knocked too far to follow up with a rest.

When it comes to purposefully spamming moves to reduce knockback, there is also d-air. You want d-air to have as little knockback as possible, again, so you can follow up with a rest. Let your opponent's damage get too high, and d-air will knock them too far back. So yes, also try to use d-air as much as possible (if you are planning to d-air > rest).

Obviously don't spam rollout, unless your opponent sucks, in which case, SPAM THE *****!. And don't use rest off stage unless you are sure it will connect.

Glick

Smash Lord
Lawl. Silly Roxy.

I never said off stage rests never land, or not to do it. Off stage rests are a big part of my game. I said don't do it unless you are confident you will land it. : P

By the way, cool rest Glickerson. <3
You should see the video of me resting a rob under the lip of lylat.

Top Bottom