• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Fox vs. Tope: Critique please?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
These matched were recorded at MP Jubilee in Raleigh, NC this past weekend.

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa8TAjf0WII

I though I did fairly well this match. It was a very fun match because Tope and me were making jokes the whole time yet somehow playing completely serious. I did kill myself once during this match.

Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGxSlpwYC3c&feature=related

I meant to counter-pick to Yoshi's Story, but for some reason I said "Pokem-". Before I could say wait, Tope had said"-Stadium?!" and the stage was loading. I didn't really care, I just think I would've done better on Yoshi's Story than Pokemon Stadium. I got completely ***** here. I'm not going to lie.

I can see a lot of mistakes in both of these videos, and I know I have a long way to go. Any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

~ Dark Hart

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
I f*cking hate this computer for not letting me use youtube.

No johns btw every fox player should posses the technical skill to cancel the stage loading.

I'm so technical that I cancel it with my brain instead of fingers.

unknown522

Some guy
alright, so that was ****. Still a not bad fox.

First off, I saw you tech in place ONCE IN TOTAL during both matches. You need to make your teching/get ups less predictable. Sometimes, don't tech. Then use the get-up-attack, or roll, or even a normal stand up. Shine when you are being tech-chased. You could have escaped a lot of the re-grab tech-chases.

You need to vary your approaches: Almost every time you would run in with a nair (shffl or full jump - fast fall). You also got beaten out by Tope's f-tilt/up-tilt most of the time. Try to dash dance more to try and create more openings, and switch your approach. (shffl drill, nair, bair, DC d-tilt, WD back and up-tilt, GRAB GRAB GRAB.)

You need to use shine more, or grab, or a combination of the two. Up throw -> move is so broken with fox.

You need to work on combos (use more up tilt, down tilt, up air, and up smash).

Work on combo DI. A lot of f-tilt and up-tilts could have be escapable if you did not DI into them most of the time.

USE A LOT MORE DRILL -> SHINE/GRAB. It's so broken.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
If you can play some gayer Sheik, like Drephen or something, it would force you to step your game up. Play harder opponents, and you'll gradually see improvements in your thinking game.

HiIH

Smash Lord
Get On The Edge Dammit!

= D

EDIT-To clarify, get on the edge when Sheik is coming back, unless he can get over with his double jump. Sheik's landing lag from her Up+B is bad enough that you can get a ledgehopped drill>waveshine>grab/usmash in, or if he's close enough, get a ledgehopped uair off.

Top Bottom