• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate my Jiggs

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I wanted to get some practice in against a good Ike (not those basic brawl fsmash + Aether spammers) and it turned out he saved all the matches under 3 minutes and put a few of them up :). Again, this was the first Ike I've played, so some mistakes come from inexperience in the match up (as I'm sure was the case with him too). I'll already say I use rollout 3x more than the normal Jiggs xD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaHWYBRR5Mg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uacpXqwRkeE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQBTZbTn-g

I'm not afraid to say I have a problem with dair -> Rest. I'm in the process of implementing a new combo (Ohhh yeah, I said it. But it's an actual combo xD. I'll post a topic when I work the kinks out, promise.) into my game that combos into Rest. But for now, I'm one of the only Jiggs who has a problem getting the rest off for every kill :(.

Tyser

Smash Champion
Do more hit and runs. Grab way more; you had a ton of opportunities for a grab and rolled away or just didnt do anything. Air dodge more; dont attack everytime youre near the opponent, try out some mindgames so you dont get hit/out prioritized. Jiggz has bad priority so you gotta be more cautious and patient. You have to use your shield to block hits also. I didnt really pay much attention to it until I rewatched your vids but you hardly shield at all. In the 2nd vid you didnt shield a single attack and just got hit over and over and over. This whole game revolves around how well you can shield so I'd put some work into that. I dunno if you were on WiFi or not also because the game was very slow paced. There were times where you guys were just walking around for a couple seconds doing nothing. Overall Id say the major things you gotta work on is Shielding. Its too good to not use.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Do more hit and runs. Grab way more; you had a ton of opportunities for a grab and rolled away or just didnt do anything. Air dodge more; dont attack everytime youre near the opponent, try out some mindgames so you dont get hit/out prioritized. Jiggz has bad priority so you gotta be more cautious and patient. You have to use your shield to block hits also. I didnt really pay much attention to it until I rewatched your vids but you hardly shield at all. In the 2nd vid you didnt shield a single attack and just got hit over and over and over. This whole game revolves around how well you can shield so I'd put some work into that. I dunno if you were on WiFi or not also because the game was very slow paced. There were times where you guys were just walking around for a couple seconds doing nothing. Overall Id say the major things you gotta work on is Shielding. Its too good to not use.
Yeah, they were on WiFi. As I mentioned, it was my first time playing a good Ike, so I wasn't always sure on how to approach it. There was a little bit of strategy to all the aggressiveness xD.

I don't shield much with her because I hardly have her on the ground, but I do see what you mean point-on about the second match with Shielding. I'll work on her grabs too, but the range is misleading. The dash grab covers quite a bit more ground, but if it whiffs, that's a free hit. It's not like Rest that can be comboed into from dair.

Hit and Run is a much better way to play, I know :(. I'm trying to work on it, but I love those entertaining kills like the first match with the first kill. Hit and Run doesn't provide that, but it does provide wins and that's what's important.

Top Bottom