• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Race's Garage Brawl Tournament V: Smashtoberfest

Race

Smash Lord

Race's Brawl Tourney V: Smashtoberfest
By: Race'n Co.

Date: October 18, 2008

Categories: Singles and Teams. . . .maybe crew battles

Where: 5455 Vista Del Mar
Yorba Linda, Ca

Time: 11:00am-11pm (Venue Opens for casuals 10:00 am)

Teams : Start: 11:00pm - 3:30pm (Sign-ups start 10:00am)

Singles: 3:30pm-8:00pm

Crew Battles: If we have time

Casuals: Bring your Melee or 3s, or whatever. There will be Casual dedicated Sets. Please use them and NOT Tourney TVs for casuals. We need to run the tourney as fast as we Can!

Gear: 6 tv's and 6 Wii's (Need 2 wii's) or if they become available more tv's and wii's

Fee: $5 Singles, $10 per Team, Crews: $6 per crew

Venue Fee: $2 per event and $3 per crew (I'm doing all the planning plus all the leg work the day of and night before, plus i'm buying 3 TVs just for tourney use. . . lol, plz understand a $2 venue guys. . . )

Prize:
Singles:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 25% pot
-3rd 10% pot
-4th 5% pot

Teams:
-1st 60% pot
-2nd 25% pot
-3rd 10% pot
-4th 5% pot

Tournament Details:
Singles:
-3 Stock 8:00 Time Limit with NO Items.
-Random will be choosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games are best out of 3 matches with Finals being best out of 5
-Standard double elimination

Teams:
-3 stock 7:00 with NO Items.
-Random will be choosen first (They are the neutrals described).
-Games best out of 3 with finals being best out of 5
-Double Elimination

Crew Battles:
-5 man crews w/ 3 stock each
-Only Final Destination, Battlefield and Smashville selectable
-Single elimination
-Winner takes all

Stages:
Final Destination
Battle Field
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Ranbow Cruise
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Brinstar

INFO
-Gear wise we have 5 TV's ready with 4 or 5 wii's. So if someone could bring in 2 extra wii's that would be awesome (Another problem I don't have to worry about) So if you can bring some let me know.

-I'm buying 3 TV's just so I know we won't be low on TVs. I want this to be the best experiance for you guys as possible and run everything as quickly as I can. so i'll be willing to spend a little for TVs.

-Please bring your controllers (Use wavebirds at your own risk) and MARK THEM

-If we can get extra TV's and wii we can hold casuals on that tv. Some friendlies would be cool. We're having TVs JUST for casuals so please use those for play and NOT Tourney T.Vs please.

-All seeded players will be accounted for. We are using a NEW version of TIO which has most of it's bugs fixed and runs a lot more smoothly! So seeding won't take too long anymore.

-If you bring stuff (TVs,Wiis, Laptops, ect.) They are YOUR responsibility! I will not be held responsible for you leaving your stuff at the tourney. I have 50+ ppl yelling in my ear for 7 hours straight. I wont be able to keep track of your stuff. So if you lose something in the end too bad it's YOUR problem. I also wont be wasting time and money sending things to ppl who leave their stuff

-If you're gonna be late call me and i'll add you to the slots, and see if I can hold you off till you arrive. Please arrive ON TIME.

-As with last time i'll have food and drinks for everyone to enjoy. I'll be selling food there. (BBQ, EggRolls, more soda ect.) eat some new Connor Cakes!

-Please keep in mind, it will be in a house, respect that. Try not to mess up or take anything there. Please don't come drunk or high. If someone gets too rowdy or violent I WILL KICK YOU OUT

Call me with any questions: (562) 277 2727

Race

Smash Lord
-New-

I have a new version of TIO so seeding and bracket altering won't be as tedious. We'll have the tourney running faster and more efficently this time around.

I'll have sign-ups for Doubles AND Singles at the start of the tourney. That way we have everything done and we can trasition from doubles to singles a lot easier. Don't worry though we'll call entry before singles starts so everyone who will just come for singles can sign up then also.

One of the biggest reasons the tourney runs so slow is beacuse of the causals people use the Tourney TVs for. As a new Rule the Tourney TVs will only be used for tourney, NO Exceptions!

When the tourney starts all TVs will be turned off. And once you are called to a TV you can turn it on. But once your match ends you'll turn the TV off again. That way no one will just get on and start playing. I'm doing this to get the tourney running as fast as I can so everyone can have a good time with fast match calling.

I will have people bring TVs for just casuals so you can use those for casual play, let it be brawl or 3s or whatever.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
To make things go a bit faster, have singles start when doubles is coming to a close instead of starting it when doubles is over.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
****! Only 1 month away :) Well a month and a half.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
I wanna go to this and its closer. The last one was fun. race combo was too good. but all the eggrolls were gone so fast. =[

Race

Smash Lord
Yeah i'll have Singles start as soon as Doubles is almost done, so we will finish a lot faster. SO take it from this guys I need you all here for single sign-ups by AT LEAST 2pm. Cause I want the seeding and brackets done by 2:30 (If it's possible. .. lol. Take ur time though Ed)

Race

Smash Lord
Just the same TVs I had last time. I'm still not done paying them off, lolz

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I think there was enough tv's its just as Race said, people were doing friendlies and throwing off the Great Leon and others that were helping with the match making. Turning off the tv's is a great idea and this time around it should work out much more smoothly.

PS: Come to my tourney :) LOL http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5237252#post5237252

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Hey Connor, lets team if I go

bRoWn6614

Smash Apprentice
Sure that would be fine also. I just specifically asking Camron cuz he lives like 2 mins away from UCI. I'm moving into my dorm on the 21st.
But w.e. I guess that cool if you can take me. :laugh:
Just saying you gonna have to pick me up @ UCI.

Race

Smash Lord
Everyone must go to smashtoberfest.

Also with how im setting up the stations we should finsih very early this time.

Oh yeah i'm thinking of running a melee tourney on the side (Singles) should i?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Sure that would be fine also. I just specifically asking Camron cuz he lives like 2 mins away from UCI. I'm moving into my dorm on the 21st.
But w.e. I guess that cool if you can take me. :laugh:
Just saying you gonna have to pick me up @ UCI.
omg ****. another UCI smasher and melee too. :) :D
where are you dorming?

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Im rooming in Ondas. How about you?
Yea do Melee Singles. I'll go for Melee singles and Brawl doubles.
:chuckle:
i am living in an apartment near the campus. last year i lived at crickhollow in middle earth.
smashfest when all you guys get here. :)

yeah race please do melee singles or doubles cause that will take less time than singles. lol.

Top Bottom