• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

makeing a super smash bro's game (no name yet) could use help-also-need beta tester's

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
before u read this and think in your mind Ah fan made smash bro game it will fall into failure
well actully i been working on it for a while and already got the hard part done
Ai's lol i have 3 playable car's so far -pit-lugie-mario-
but i would like to have people help me out like create sprites or find some or sugest any ideas for people to add
also i have ideams and final smashes ( there not ultimate though)
here is some screen shots to let u all know im not fooling around here

Image Hosting

Image Hosting

Image Hosting

Image Hosting

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
good news everyone thats viewing this i just added my second stage im takeing a break for the night and going to bed screen shots will be later lol

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
hmph maybe i should ---i never thought about that but when i make one more char into the game and 3 more stages im releaseing a beta test so stay coming to this topic for updated info and diffent demo's yay

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
hmph im not sure about online seince i already created ai's but i might be able to pull that off but even with that it will still take a arm and a leg right now anyone willing to pretisapate can be a beta tester im accepting all but the demo proboly wont come out intill i finsh adding one or 2 char's depends on who here is a list of ones that will be coming soon
c-falcon
meta knight
lucario
mewtwo
soild snake
ness
those are all the char-s im thinking of adding for now i stil need more idea's also i dont just want char's from brawl i want char's from other anime's also and actully im thinking about makeing
SubZero make his appearance in this game-^-^
and those are all for now but thats not even a big roster so i need more of your's suggestion's ^^

Corigames

Smash Hero
Write up a game doc. Put everything you want in it. That is your scope. don't go far beyond that scope. Get what you need to done. Otherwise it will never get finished.

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
ok i dont want to double post but might as well im gonna record a fight scence between mario and lugi and ill upload it too u tube and inport the link here so u can see game play be back in like 3 mins lol

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
alright the video is done and now will be here it features the mucharoom item -mario's final smash-screens- gameplay and a globe item check it out
Also i need a name for this super smash bro's game i was gonna say
super smash (fill in your answer here ) ( now some of you can u figure a name for the last part i need help with that part )

crap i have to wait till the video processes on u tube it will be done in another 3 mins sorry for the re editing 8 billion times lol

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
im working on adding inuyasha into the game as i write this topic be back with two screen shots of him in like 2 - 4 hrs lol

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
I am going to be honest sorry but tjat game looks terrible.
Here is why:
-Character Select Screen is way to white and the whole 0 is human thing is irritating. It would be better just to do it the way it is done in SSBB
-There is clearly only one attack and if there are more the computer only seems to use one
-If there are multiple computers they don't target the human at all
-The stage was ugly and should have been drawn in the same style as the sprites.
-The final smash was barely diffrent from the regular attack
-Things looked very slippery
-Don't know if this was intentional but the assist trophy moved witch it really shouldn't

You really need to fix these things.

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
yes i know there is alot of things needed to be really fixed like crazy but i been busting my *** by myself doing all ALONE no one to help me so me being alone and createing this it makes me feel good because i did it with no help even though it does look terible it's only a 1 man worker here and also im working on the demo now so :p but i thank u for u honesty lol

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
yes i know there is alot of things needed to be really fixed like crazy but i been busting my *** by myself doing all ALONE no one to help me so me being alone and createing this it makes me feel good because i did it with no help even though it does look terible it's only a 1 man worker here and also im working on the demo now so :p but i thank u for u honesty lol
No problem, and I understand it is probably very hard but I though I should be honest because there are two fan games being made that look really good and no one will pay attention to this if it doesn't have a good grab.

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
i understand im working on inuyasha right now but im almost finshed with him after him im going to add more stages and save a copy and make a demo out of the copy would u like to try the demo when it comes out anyway ?

Corigames

Smash Hero
I made a Zelda game by myself... I took a year to make before I was happy with it. I took me forever to make the interface, enemy AI, level design, puzzles, items/weapons, etc. It takes a lot of time and patience to make a good game.

One man games usually aren't that good, especially ones that are suppose to be full games. If you wanted to make a very good game, it would require a team. Otherwise you are going to spend so much time on this that you won't care after a while, get nothing done before you are finished with it, or spend a long, long time finishing it.

No offense, but I'm not expecting much.

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
great news everyone it was the back ground of the first stage that fuked up the way it looks i actually tested the new stage i added and it works and it looks better also yay for me heres some screenies also i finshed adding inuyasha yay also sorry for dragging on the also's but i finally disided to give the game a name it's
super smash bro's Twisted

Image Hosting

Image Hosting

Image Hosting

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
ok i plan on realiseing the first super smash bro's twisted demo when i make 1 more and 2 more stages kk the next char im doing is marth and stages hmph not sure ull see later though in fact im gonna start on a stage now

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Work on your spelling a little.

But it's okay, we all gotta start somewhere.

(4 or 5 years ago): http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/310808/55359_dairantou_smash_flash.php
(Page up, page down and end, only Yuta has attacks)
Trivia: THIS is dairantou smash flash, it's 5 years old, and it sucks.

My point is, keep working at it, if you really really want to do this, your skills will improve until you
actually CAN realise your dream.

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
i check out your smash bro's game and it's alsome pretty excellent effects hitting great sound im realiseing my demo hopefully today

peeup

Smash Lord
I think I speak for everybody when I say:

Please don't double post, just use the nifty little "Edit" button to add something to your post.

On Topic: Looks good so far, keep it up.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Downloading it right now...

From the video it looks promising. Just more attacks, a clearer character select screen, bigger characters, and way more polish.

I'll edit this post when I tried the beta lulz.

Demo Stuff

1. You get an error when Ike wins, and you have to restart the game.
2. Make the Attack button different than the shield button. I was trying all the buttons on my keyboard before I found you had to add a directional input to attack.

More later.

3. Mario's fireball fall through Luigi's mansion on the third floor
4. There's edge where there shouldn't be in Luigi's Mansion
5. Sometime the bottom floor or Luigi's Mansion gets bugged and you fall through it.
6. You get the number 1 problem too with Inuyasha (I think)
7.Ike looks like Marth lulz.

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
yes i should of told u to press f1 on the key board while running the game because that will make a help screen pop up and it would tell u controlls

wsad to move
w-bup ( if pressed with space _jump up and strong sky attack
s-bdown (if pressed with space_strong ground attack
d-throw (if pressed with space_throw or shooting something
a-throw (if pressed with space_throw or shooting something
--------------------------------------------------------------------
those are mainly the controls for now at least im working on some of the buggs and that ike win's and error ill get to that right away then soon or later i'll link out a demo 0.2 with a new char and stage doesnt that sound good ?

hmm maybe i got the two mixed up yikes so yes i will be fixing those buggs trying my best to and ill add 2 or 3 new things for demo 0.2

NEW I JUST FIXED THE MANSION LAST FLOOR ABOUT FALLNG THREW IT IT WILL BE IN THE NEW DEMO COMING SOON 0.2 woops caps lock sorry lol

shadowvil

Smash Cadet
UPDATES WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
alright thanks to kr3wman i fixed a $h!t load of buggs 2 are from lugi mansion /
next i fixed ike winning
lastly i fixed imuyasha's win-
so in the update demo for 0.2 there should not be those buggs thanks kr3wman id be updateing the demo soon i just want to add new stuff to it thats all

Top Bottom