• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Arizona Melee Rankings Thread

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Well.. someone suggested that AZ's Melee rankings should be revived, especially with coreygames' tourney coming up.

Since B-Will is pretty much dead, I decided to make this thread...

I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that I'm active on these boards, and that I'm as into the AZ Melee community as one could be.

So..

Discuss the rankings. Suggestions... panelists.. I don't know.

Soooo...... any panelist nominations or self nominations?

Please don't lock this.

I think the rankings should include active players only (we'll define active once we buckle down for this) and it will judge players by their current standpoint rather than how good they were in their prime.

Panelists:
-We should have representation from each region. One panelist from SV, two from Tucson, two from the Phoenix area? We'll decide this when we're ready.

Also, to those who wonder what good comes from power rankings....

They inspire competition in some people. Some want to be on the list; some want to be higher. Axe has stated that he's always dreamt of rising on the power rankings; so he's a good example of this.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Hold it!

(Not that I care for Power Rankings...But, here goes...)

*shing* *points finger*

What would be the point of an "all players list"? The power rankings should be of one for active players only! The top competitor does not sit down like a stooge with an extra chromosome once he hits 1st place! If one is not able to attend tourneys...That is their fault. Life isn't fair. No "johns," as everyone would put it! Therefore...The question on inactive players should be obsolete!

(Though, for the sake of making everyone's lives easier, I think they should be judged by how good they are now...)

(And what does he mean by the context of oxidize...?!) ._.;

*slams desk*

Your Honor, the defense would also like to state that there is NO REASON THIS THREAD SHOULD BE CLOSED!

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol tai you're amazing! dude, axe and vman DEFINATELY wanna be on this. hecks yes!!!

Vman speaking now, most definetely keep this panel alive.. Axe has most definetely had his fair share of fighting people and he could be a panelist but i'm sure he'd rather be on the rankings as with myself.. Plsease update

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm no B-Will.

This will be updated when **** happens.

I'm thinking of having one panelist per region.

Phoenix/Tempe/SV/(Tucson)?

Tucson is really inactive in Melee, so I'm a bit hesitant towards giving them a panelist...

But having an SV panelist would be nice.

I'd like to nominate myself for Phoenix panelist... and um, Tempe and Phoenix are kinda two different places... and there's more people in them than SV/Tucson.

Would the SV Panelist be Jeff or Timmy?

AXE 09

Smash Master
you mean alf4 warrior. umm it would most likely be axe but axe is uncomfortable giving himself points.. but he'd be the better candidate... if not him then yeah i will be the candidate

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Oh crap, I forgot about that.

Axe is annoyingly modest.

Big Black said he was thinking like, "Tell him you ***** me, son!" whenever Axe replied "Kinda" when someone asked if he won.

AXE 09

Smash Master
lol stfu you guys. but seriously, any panelist could be like "i'm gonna give myself the max amount of points" you know? i don't see how i can rank myself, i'd feel weird =/

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
We should just rank people by place instead of using points because we don't really have a scale.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Just put Forward,Taj,Wobbles, and you're good(does he count since he's in Texas now?) and if not Wobbles then throw on Omar and you're set <_<.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Well, I don't want to jump too far ahead of ourselves. I mean, it isn't guaranteed that Melee is fully back yet. also, what other tournaments are lined up after mine? If we are only having tournaments every 3-4 months, then there is no point. People's skill can jump or drop fast due to lack of play, lack of money, lack of temporary care, etc. If we don't consistently hold tournaments, then it's not fair to figure out who is good.

Also >_>

<_<

I'll MM the AZ top 3... for the spot.

Another thing to consider would be the panelists. Who goes to enough tournaments, statewide, to merit an opinion of the top 20 or so smashers of the state, let alone 5 of them? I think this thread could be used as a notepad to make comments on how well people are doing, possibly linking videos, tourny results, and other things, but until we have a strong community, we should wait.

I feel asleep

Smash Apprentice
Agreed. Power rankings don't really mean anything. We all know how good Taj/forward/Wobbles/everyone else is. there is no point to posting it AGAIN.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
power rankings shouldnt exist just yet for melee. lets just have fun at our tourney thats coming up and not worry about anything right now.
or u just may push people away from melee, and cause more drama just cause we are having disputes on who should get ranked where.

AXE 09

Smash Master
WHAT!!!!!!!!! how dare anyone say that this thread shouldn't exist??? OF COURSE power rankings should be posted up, it encourages other melee players to try even harder to become number 1. without it, people might not be motivated. i remember when i first started melee, i wanted to be number 1 in the state SO badly, and 'till this day, that's still my dream.

PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!

Tai, you're freakin awesome for trying to revive the power rankings :) plus, you're amazing at step mania lol

and vman... you really do like using everyone else's accounts lol. screw you

AzSvFeZ

Smash Lord
I like how someone said "Taj/Forward/Wobbles/Everyone else" yet at AZOTS Axe beat Forward. and could probably beat Taj. and almost beat Wobbles at a random match. but Wobbles got to repick.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I like how someone said "Taj/Forward/Wobbles/Everyone else" yet at AZOTS Axe beat Forward. and could probably beat Taj. and almost beat Wobbles at a random match. but Wobbles got to repick.
Tony, Sean, and Rob were rusty.

</johns>

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
WHAT!!!!!!!!! how dare anyone say that this thread shouldn't exist??? OF COURSE power rankings should be posted up, it encourages other melee players to try even harder to become number 1. without it, people might not be motivated. i remember when i first started melee, i wanted to be number 1 in the state SO badly, and 'till this day, that's still my dream.

PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE THIS THREAD!!!!

Tai, you're freakin awesome for trying to revive the power rankings :) plus, you're amazing at step mania lol

and vman... you really do like using everyone else's accounts lol. screw you
even if that may be true, it seems like a majority of us dont feel the way you do. maybe then when melee was the main thing, its not the main issue as of now. so like i posted earlier, lets just see where things take us.
even right now, if we wanna have power rankings, we dont know who is gonna be placed where, we dont have any tournies to base these statistics at. we dont wanna have biased people saying who should be placed where when they havent even played against them recently in a tourney.
so just relax, lets see what happens after this upcoming tourney at least

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmm, a power rankings for Melee would require a lot of effort. We'd need a regular tournament scene again, etc...

I'm not going to close the thread right now, but I don't think this is really going to take off.

Corigames

Smash Hero
No.

Instead, why doesn't someone try to hold one in October, like on the 11th or something? We can try to get 1, maybe 2, big tournaments every month. That way the community will be more active, people that missed one can go to the next, and we can have more consistent placements.

rugoodat0

Smash Cadet
No.

Instead, why doesn't someone try to hold one in October, like on the 11th or something? We can try to get 1, maybe 2, big tournaments every month. That way the community will be more active, people that missed one can go to the next, and we can have more consistent placements.
I like this idea.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I've been planning on hosting tourneys, but I can't find a venue.

Any ideas, people?

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
SV attempted to host a tournament here but none of you Tucson, Phoenix, Tempe, wherever any of you are from even attempted to make it. Perhaps it was because I don't know maybe none of the professional players were attending. i don't know. I want to hold another one here in Sierra Vista, but everyone i've asked nobody would show up unless it is Brawl or unless a "quote" *Famous Player showed up. How bleak. SV would like to host another. I will try and do what i can but there's no point if nobody is even going to show up.

Axe put in all that work and you all "failed" *sigh* i'd love to do one here.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I've gone to SoCal and New Mexico for tourneys.

No johns.

And I'm Asian.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Like I've told everyone about everything, I need a ride. I don't have a car and my bike got stolen. If you will give me a ride, I'll help you with gas if I can and we can travel the world.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Corey, we should find a designated driver to drive us to OOS tourneys and ****.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Smash!! smash! smash! Play more of it. (If you're playing Brawl and posting in this MELEE RANKING THREAD. Do yourself a favor and slap yourself all over.. then sell the worthless game. xD

sorry in a hateful mood right now. Melee! let's all play everybody.

Axe you still suck at this game you know that right. Worthless Pika... (yet it's probably the best one out there in the **** world) You have to admit. I know i know go ahead.. don't forget chudat, and blah blah this person, that person.. blah.. i've seen em all.. Axe's ****ing *****... Only one better than his is............MINE!!!! (not really)

dlkjfkla bldkabhdlf gjsdkla;khasldrhwelrheirheirelsghljlassd bwahaa!!!!!! lol

This is FUN!

Corigames

Smash Hero
Wut?
Forward and Wobbles are still ****, and I bet that Taj would show you that he's still good if he came last night too.
Light is still very well. Same for Axe.

The only thing a new PR would do is trash all the people that didn't show up last night.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I think we could bring these back soon. We're having two tournies this month, and two next month. We've had a few tournies recently to judge things from.

So, yeah.

I think a top 10 would be better than a top 15 for now though, since 15 people is more than half the community.

p.s.

This isn't bumping, as it's my own thread, and I have a legitimate interest for wanting to bump it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I would be in the top 10 right?

Oh wait... I'm not in AZ anymore. How easily I forget.

Anyone want to MM the best player in WV? I'm PRed number 1 in WV and I won all the tournaments here since I came back.

Top Bottom