• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mid South Circuit! Spring-Summer 2009

Vts

Smash Champion
since i already had a thread with some instead of making new thread i'll just edit this one.

Only melee

Mid South Circuit!!!

since we lack tournaments I got to thinking man, we need another big tournament around the south so this will be the first attempt for it.

Tournaments dates and states!

=First Event!=
April 4th and 5th!
Little Rock, Arkansas
(details place later)
$15 singles
$20 teams
$5 door fee

<Second event!>
May 30th and 31!
More Details Later

\Third Event/
July 18th and 19th!
State Alabama!
more details later

More details to come!

Roxas Org XIII

Smash Apprentice
So VTS is this gonna be like only taking the #1 player from each state or like top 3? i dont quite understand how this is going to work... is it gonna be a points system like a circuit or what?

Cursed Yoma

Smash Journeyman
>_> would love to find a tourney around here. been about a year since i played anyone good v_v

i have no smash disc anymore. but oh well >_> this needs to happen quicker or have people make random tourneys close to me so that i can go >_<

GeorgeTHPS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GeorgeThePlushie
3DS FC
1676-3689-8314
This sounds appealing. If there were more tournaments or the tournaments were spread out across a longer period of time, like 10 tournaments across the entire year, would there be any interest in taking a percentage out of the pot from each tournament and using the point system to determine the winners of the circuit who get to take home some extra cash?

Mario766

Smash Lord
NNID
I'd be able to attend the MS tourney, depending on the city..(Hopes for Biloxi)

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Don't forget about East TN! Not every smasher lives in Memphis, and Memphis is like 5 hours away from here. Atlanta is even closer to Knoxville than Memphis is, and I want a shot myself for being a top melee player in TN. (Even if that involves a 5 hour trip and a hard time explaining to my parents that I want to drive 5 hours for a video game tournament based on a 7 year old game on my 17 year old license and 1 year driving experience, right...)

Vts

Smash Champion
Don't forget about East TN! Not every smasher lives in Memphis, and Memphis is like 5 hours away from here. Atlanta is even closer to Knoxville than Memphis is, and I want a shot myself for being a top melee player in TN. (Even if that involves a 5 hour trip and a hard time explaining to my parents that I want to drive 5 hours for a video game tournament based on a 7 year old game on my 17 year old license and 1 year driving experience, right...)
i understand my parents went crazy when i asked to go to this random guy's house for a Halloween party out of state to play smash. <3 Iori.

but this is still in the planing stage so until the tournaments is made anywhere is up for throw.

i also had an idea 10-20% of the pot will be saved and then the people who made power rankings will have a pool and winners (top 3) will take % of that for winning and being in power rankings. only top 2 people from state will enter so try your hardest :).

edit- i'll make a new thread once everything is made and planned out. Also in few weeks i'll start looking for place to host a tournament in arkansas (most likly not in bi-weekly place somewhere in little rock)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Well two of the top Melee players in Memphis just moved to Southaven, MS, so that bumps you up the rankings right?
>_>

But if the Falcon icon below your posts is your Melee main, then I hope you can make it to something at some point. I've learned that Falcon mains who live in out of the way places get really good, really fast *cough NES N00b cough*

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I've learned that Falcon mains who live in out of the way places get really good, really fast *cough NES N00b cough*
NOPE!!12characters

Memphis is more like 6 hours from google maps. >_< But hey.....not only are you a Falcon main...but you are in the top ten of your state probably yeah wooh.

Vts

Smash Champion
just thought about something where is the air force base in Missouri?

cus i would go airforce then move to somewhere and live on base and just travel form there lol.

"Easy mode to life go air force"-My dad Quoted for truth :D

S0FT

Smash Ace
GA should be a state for this... and are these tournaments open to people of all states or just from that sate.... dont really understand

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Gah, this ended being a longer post than I originally intended, only read all of it if your interested in the melee player from Knoxville, TN, seriously I'm pretty much the only one.

Well two of the top Melee players in Memphis just moved to Southaven, MS, so that bumps you up the rankings right?
>_>

But if the Falcon icon below your posts is your Melee main, then I hope you can make it to something at some point. I've learned that Falcon mains who live in out of the way places get really good, really fast *cough NES N00b cough*
Ya, Falcon is my main as of now. I've gone through mains something like Link (when I sucked), Fox (when I found Smashboards), Falcon, Marth, Falco, and back to Falcon. I might be best with Marth but I don't even get fun using him because he simple out ranges everyone... Falco is the only character I mess up when I wavedash with so I've pushed him back to a secondary recently and came back to Falcon because Falco helped me learn about precision and tech skill and now I'm ready to relearn comboing. Oh and the first thing I realized after switching back from Falco to Falcon is Falcons ground moves suck... except for a few.

The only people I know who are any good at Melee are my sister and best friend, both play sheik. I hate sheik. My sister is better than you'd expect, she knows no AT's but she is great at comboing and wins against pretty much everone she plays besides me. My best friend doesn't really play much anymore, but when he did he played almost as good as me, but I beat him more than he beat me. Now, since I've been practicing and he lost his melee disc (I'm getting him a new one) I.... beat him with Pichu... against Sheik. It was very sad. I played level 9's waaaaay too often though, and because of that I have some bad habits I have to break.

All this just to hopefully give you a small idea of my skill level. I have most AT's almost perfect, and I can combo well, but my experience against other people and "mindgames" aren't that great...

Memphis is more like 6 hours from google maps. >_< But hey.....not only are you a Falcon main...but you are in the top ten of your state probably yeah wooh.
I just said I was "shoting" for being a top Melee player in TN, I have no clue how I'll actually fair though once its on. If I get top ten though it will say alot for how little competition there is here in TN.

**And as for the method of how to run the traveling tournament, I suggest scattered smaller tournaments as a possibility, or to make sure bigger tournaments are centralized within the state like maybe Little Rock, AR, Nashville, TN, Jackson, MS, and Birmingham, Alabama. Then depending on where most people who win are from I'd suggest Memphis or Birmingham for the finals. Oh and do you need to play in your state? For example, Memphis is closer to Little Rock than Nashville. I'm just wondering if thats possible.

Vts

Smash Champion
All this just to hopefully give you a small idea of my skill level. I have most AT's almost perfect, and I can combo well, but my experience against other people and "mindgames" aren't that great...

I just said I was "shoting" for being a top Melee player in TN, I have no clue how I'll actually fair though once its on. If I get top ten though it will say alot for how little competition there is here in TN.

**And as for the method of how to run the traveling tournament, I suggest scattered smaller tournaments as a possibility, or to make sure bigger tournaments are centralized within the state like maybe Little Rock, AR, Nashville, TN, Jackson, MS, and Birmingham, Alabama. Then depending on where most people who win are from I'd suggest Memphis or Birmingham for the finals. Oh and do you need to play in your state? For example, Memphis is closer to Little Rock than Nashville. I'm just wondering if thats possible.
Well keep getting better still months before this will go into effect.

Don't sell yourself short, their are many people in TN who plays but just like in arkansas 50% don't use AT or just don't go to tournaments so if you make top 10 congrats but u never know until you get everyone who plays smash in TN to go to a tournament and play everyone.

Now for the pre-finals/champion ship each state either picks or has a tournament to decide the top 2 then at the champion ship the 10-15% pot steal from each tournament will be in another pot just for those top people and the winners get the prize money, But there will still be a big tournament so everyone can watch and play in the normal tournament.

Holding a tournament in each capital would be good but i might be able to talk a chain of hotels and see if they have a hotel in each state and host it there while we bring the equipment and maybe get a deal on rooms, still in planning stage so anything is up for grabs.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I see.

Keep us posted. If it helps, I can finally host another tournament at the local park and have people come.

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
ummm which of the smash games will this Circuit be?
Smahs 64: that one game back in the 90s
Melee: were all the kool people play and they actually travel for
Brawl: a few kool people play *like Calvin* but wont travel far cause they don't want to get D3 CG the same way they do back home XD

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I could probably host an Event at my Brawl Venue for Melee. Thats Middle TN btw. I know the Old TWIPL Crew would be up for it.

Also Stratocaster, You should look up Red_Ninja/Seninsis. He is basically the best Melee player in Knoxville. No doubt in my mind. He is always looking for new Melee players.

Vts

Smash Champion
its going to be melee.

also may include crew battles into the plans.

everything is setting up great now just need to make new thread soon in the tournament thread once i can see straight

never run a mile when you haven't done anything physical in 2 years

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Also Stratocaster, You should look up Red_Ninja/Seninsis. He is basically the best Melee player in Knoxville. No doubt in my mind. He is always looking for new Melee players.
Wow, I've heard of Red_Ninja, but I didn't know he still plays. I play with Virgilijus every now and then, but he's a pretty busy man.

Little Rock, Arkansas is not close to Knoxville. Its like 8 hours away or something ridiculous. I'm not sure if I'll be able to make one all the way out over there.

I'm gonna check with Red_Ninja and Virg and see how many melee players we have in knoxville. Memphis vs Knoxville would be awesome.

Top Bottom