• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What color Ness do you guys play as?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I was just wondering what color you guys like to play Ness as...

Personally I prefer the Original Ness. It makes me feel like I'm playing the real Ness. Yes I know that all the colors are the real Ness, but it's how I feel...

Used to play green and bumble bee in the earlier brawl days.

Feel free to post your Ness colors / Past Ness colors too.

Luigi player

Smash Master
In SSB64 I always used the blue Ness. Just looked the most awesome to me (even though all of them were pretty cool).

In Brawl I use his normal color. I use the normal color for nearly every character... yeah, like you said I always want to use the "real" one and such ^^ (and most of the other colors aren't looking too good to me)

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Green all the way.

Though to be fair, I used all of them until I had several hours of an unexpected Ness double with the Mr. Saturn outfit, and I had just happened to pick green... so I stick with it now.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
With my friends I play all colors.

In the tournaments I play Normal the most, Blue the second most, and Mr.Saturn the 3rd most. You wont see me rockin his green,yellow, or the red and white one (well maybe Ill be green in a doubles If I have to.)

FuPoo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SplashWoman
original in 64 and melee since i didnt like the other colors, but brawl just had to put purple/ black on ness ( my 2 favorite colors ) and i just cant get enough

ive been told by several friends of mine how that color scheme matches my persona online, since my character has purple hair and black clothes haha

Uffe

Smash Hero
Costume 1 = Ness
Costume 2 = Fuel (from Mother 3)
Costume 3 = Bumblebee Ness (I called him Wes in the 64 days)
Costume 4 = Veggie Ness (At least that's what I call him)
Costume 5 = Young Ness (Because there is a boy in Magicant that wears a blue hat telling you that he's the younger you)
Costume 6 = Mr. Saturn Ness

I play as young Ness. I like blue. C: Also Successor of Raphael gets my respect points for playing as a color I find not only ugly and weird looking, but rare as well. :) Please take no offense to that Raphael. It's just my opinion which doesn't matter.

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
I'll usually play as emo or white shirt Ness. In Melee I went either regular or bumble bee Ness

Gaussis

Smash Ace
I have always stuck with normal Ness due to a lack of creative costumes in Melee. That changed when I saw the Mr. Saturn Ness. I only pick that costume once in a while.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Also Successor of Raphael gets my respect points for playing as a color I find not only ugly and weird looking, but rare as well. :) Please take no offense to that Raphael. It's just my opinion which doesn't matter.
LOL, it's absolutely no problem at all. Like I said, I used to just hit the color change button until we start the match, and my first vids were several of my green Ness vs. a Mr. Saturn Ness, and then I realized that nobody likes that outfit, so I just use it to be distinct... or something, heh.

Uffe

Smash Hero
LOL, it's absolutely no problem at all. Like I said, I used to just hit the color change button until we start the match, and my first vids were several of my green Ness vs. a Mr. Saturn Ness, and then I realized that nobody likes that outfit, so I just use it to be distinct... or something, heh.
The one's I have seen the most are Ness, Mr. Saturn Ness and Fuel. I've seen Young Ness a few times, Bumblebee Ness hardly and never ever Veggie Ness. I do kind of wish Ness has more alternate costumes, though. His Fuel version reminds me of a Pokemon Trainer. :laugh: I'd probably be the green on if the orange was replaced with yellow or something.

_clinton

Smash Master
Is it odd that I kind of wish bumblebee Ness really was him in a just a bee suit? Is it also odd that one of the reasons I want Baby Mario in SSB is because I think they could make his alt. outfits cute? I want to see a mini Samus is what I'm saying

:)

Anyway...Young Ness

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
This

Also because its a reference to Fuel and I love little shout outs to other games like that.

I used to use Mr. Saturn until I realized how overused it was. If someone took Fuel from me, then yes, I'll use that.

Melee I used Bumblebee

64 I used original cuz I didnt know that it was "cool" to use costumes LOL (j/k)

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I mostly use default, but I use the Saturn outfit alot, too. It's the closest to black & white, and ah likes black and white stuff. I stopped using the bumblebee when I found out how many other people used it...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
Itsthe Saturn that's overused now. Bumblebee I never see anymore (well not NEVER, just not as much as before).

BTW, Green Ness = Surfer Ness

rel_12

Smash Apprentice
I use the White & Red Ness, EB360 always distracts me using the same alt so I go to bumblebee when I play him

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
^^^
Itsthe Saturn that's overused now. Bumblebee I never see anymore (well not NEVER, just not as much as before).
For rizzle? I didn't even realize. Well, I guess it's impossible to use a costume that no one else uses in a community as large as this. Still, ah likes mah black and white, so I'll use Saturn and default as my main colors.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
I think that, so far, I'm the only one who exclusively uses Green...

... so if one of you lamers take my green Ness, I'll come after you. *growls*

E-unit

Smash Cadet
Well for me, whenever I choose a character I always select the most closest thing to black b/c it's my favorite color... so that kinda makes it obvious for me:ohwell:

Uffe

Smash Hero
What's this Fuel everyone keeps mentioning? Is it something in Earthbound? I never played it...
Mother 3. Hold on a second.

In this video at 9:05, you'll see Fuel on the very right. Though he wears no hat or yellow shorts, his shirt is white and has red sleeves.

Mother 3 Video

GoldC

Smash Rookie
I use original Ness except on wednesdays. Wednesday is appreciate Mr. Saturn-day so I have to use the Mr. Saturn shirt.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Green Zelda is hideous imo. Loses out to every other outfit... well, except for the Melee/Twilight Princess hybrid disaster one.
kinda funny how you bash both of my favorite costumes for her, i guess we have complete opposite opinions on it. I hate her as a brunette, shes suppose to be a blond!!

BTW Green Ness the color scheme is odd, green and orange, but for watever reason it intreges me. I guess im a lil out there in that respect:laugh: i think it looks cool

Uffe

Smash Hero
kinda funny how you bash both of my favorite costumes for her, i guess we have complete opposite opinions on it. I hate her as a brunette, shes suppose to be a blond!!

BTW Green Ness the color scheme is odd, green and orange, but for watever reason it intreges me. I guess im a lil out there in that respect:laugh: i think it looks cool
Because you use the color green for Ness, you have my respect points just like Raphael here. :laugh: Anyway I like the green Sheik because they made her blue one look ugly with that red scarf. I also don't mind the green Zelda. A lot of the green characters look good while some are yucky looking. XD

Top Bottom