• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Optical Illusions

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that first one isn't a triangle, it has four sides. Look at the slopes of the two triangles that make up the hypotenuse. The first one has a slope of 3/8 and the second has a slope of 2/5.

BlueSilver

Smash Rookie
I don't like the dice. It feels weird to look at. Like it looks like two sides are on the ground, but the other side is going straight up. Yet they all are connected.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I've always liked those real-life pictures of the Penrose triangle and Escher boxes:

mimic_king

Smash Lord
This was done in real life (not by me of course).
Glue does the trick

Here are some more:

Are the rows straight?

Look at it for some time and look at something else. The dots will turn green!

There are words within this (it helps to look at it from far away, but that's no fun)

And for the coolest one:

Look at the picture without moving your eyes for 10-15 seconds and then look at a wall and blink a few times

Cyndi

Smash Apprentice
The pink dots one just freaked me out. They disappeared! I thought I was starting a migraine at first O_o;;

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
There are words within this (it helps to look at it from far away, but that's no fun)

The sad thing is, I even looked at it from far away and I STILL can't read what it says.

Edit: Wait, so just because I couldn't get it at first means I'll never have sex?

I feel stupid now.

Further Edit: Okay, now that I freaking look at it, it's the other way around.

Yeah, I should do something about that, eh?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
The trick with those pictures that look like they're moving: is that the movement of your eyes make all those lines that are so close appear to shift. If you focus on a single point and don't let your eyes wander at all, it will stop. Its hard since the false movements of the image really entices your eye to look at it, and hence continue the illusion's effect, really neat though.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Ok, ok, this one is better:

What do you see? Now, walk about 15 feet away. NOW, what do you see?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I have no idea how that one works. It makes no sense to me at all - not even a gif or anything.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Haha. Up close, you'll see Albert Einstein. When you get a good 10 feet away: Marilyn Monroe.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
that dice one either involves photoshop or subtle bending. Or perhap the dice are even gutted and glued together to make that. Objects can't actually have such an orientation, the dice picture is no different from M C Escher... when something is being painted, you can cheat :). never ascending stairs are funnest to me. stairs > ladders. The marilyn monroe/ albert einstein thing was trippy and awesome.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
I once was looking at optical illusions online, and was looking at the classic spinning things when suddenly a friggin rat from hell popped up on the screen.

Put me off optical illusions for a while lol.

What do you see?

Top Bottom