• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain falcons autocancel Dair to Knee combo percents

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
ITT I've listed the least percent all characters need to have for falcon to be able to 'autocancel'd Dair to knee combo' them.
I thought this would be fun to measure and to my amazement, some characters can be autocancel'd to knee'd far sooner than others. take a look for your self: (all are autocancel'd Dairs to sweetspot knee offcourse)

Mario: 60%
Donkey kong: 50%
Link: 65%
Samus: 50%
Kirby: 50%
Fox: 50%
Pikachu: 55%
Marth: 60%
Mr. G&W: 45%
Luigi: 55%
Diddy kong: 55%
Zelda: 50%
Sheik: 55%
Pit: 60% (possible autocancels Dair to sexkick Knee at 55 %)
MK: 55%
Falco: 60 %
Squirtle: 50%
Ivysaur: 60%
Charizard: 60%
Ike: 65%
Snake: 70%
Peach: 50%
Yoshi: 60%
Ganondorf: 65%
IC: 50% ( works on popo and nana and the two together)
DDD: 55% (works at 50 % if opponent doesn't tech after the Dair)
Lucario: 55%
Ness: 55%
Sonic: 55%
Bowser: 55%
Wario: 60%
ROB: 55% (works at 40% if opponent doesn't tech)
Olimar: 55%
CF: 70%
Jigglypuff: 40%
Lucas: 60%

(my apologies for not listing every character YET, as I just got the european version of brawl and I just haven't unlocked all characters yet, as I've played the american version since it came out. still the majority is listed. the list will be updated when I've unlocked the remaining characters)

Conclusion: we need to build up damage longer on snake's and CF's before we can autocancel Dair to knee combo them.
and jigglypuff and Mr. G&W have to be beaten up far less before we can combo them.
I guess it has to do with weight and fall speed (offcourse) but some outcomes contradict this theory

I hope this list is helpfull:) at least it was interesting to make.

Ayaz18

Smash Champion
actually I know a way to increase the range of %'s of when this combo works :), it works on human sized characters only :(. Basically instead of SH a ACed Dair full hop the Dair, the opponent fly's up with you giving you more time to get in a knee

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Really hard bump, but I need to know, has this been updated and do the percentages work on the European version of Brawl too? My Brawl disc is lost, so I can't test it...and isn't it a good idea to do % ranges of when this can combo?

Iwan

Smash Ace
Yeah, it's a legit, inescapable combo, although it isn't exactly easy to do. I think there should be a range of percents though, since at some point the DAir will hit them too high.

It's really not that hard to do.

If someone's in your face, AC Dair OoS>>>Knee. Jab works better out of shield, but if you mix it up with this every now and then it can get you an early KO.

t3h n00b

Smash Ace
What else needs to be tested? I'm pretty sure the data for this specific combo is complete, although i swear computers get out sometimes (leading me to believe that it may not be a true combo, but I don't think any real people have escaped it).

Top Bottom