• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thanks to Everyone who attended Panhandle Brawlfest! RESULTS ARE POSTED!

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Come join us for Tallahassee's largest Smash Brothers Tournament, Come prove your skill in the North Florida Section in a Double Elimination Cash Pot tournament. FOr those of you who are interested, here is the location:

Fortress Games and Computing
Address: 1510-1 Capital Circle SE
Tallahassee, Florida, United States

FOR ANY QUESTIONS: PLEASE CALL ME (386)-847-2728 (BEST WAY TO GET TOURNEY INFORMATION)

THERE WILL BE BOTH SINGLES AND DOUBLES TOURNAMENT

IF YOU COULD PLEASE PRE_REGISTER SO I KNOW IF I NEED THE EXTRA SPACE TO RENT OUT!

$10 entry fee for singles
$20 entry fee for each Team
Tournament starts at 2pm (please try ot arrive 15-20 minutes early for signups)
for any questions call (386)-847-2728 Ask for Drew
Warmups will start at 2om
Singles will Start at 3pm
DOubles will Start at 4pm
It will be possible to run congruently if need be.

Let me know if you wish to come, the rules are as follows:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Singles and Doubles Rules

·Players will select one character at the start of the tournament, the player must start each round with this character, however players may change characters after the first match of that round

·Rounds will consist 2/3 matches double elimination bracket
·The final rounds will consist of 3/5 matches
·All playable Characters are legal
·Controllers will be provided, however to use one of the tourney controllers you must provided photo id and leave it at the desk and your id will be returned to you at the end of the tournament
·Entry fees are non refundable
·Gamecube Controllers, Wiimotes and Wiimote + Nunchucks will be available.

·After the 1st match of the round ends,, both players will say a stage that cannot be picked for the remainder for the round to be selected as a counter pick.
·If the loser of the 1st match wins the 2nd match, then the 3rd match will proceed the same way, except for the declaration of the banned stage.
·Items are to be turned off
·Time Limit of 7 minutes will be set
·Once the Stages have been picked, the winner will pick a new character or stick with their current character, the loser will then pick their character

• Meta Knight's infinite cape is legal unless used for the purposes of stalling
DAVE"S STUPID RULE is in effect

·Legal Neutral stages are as follows and are to be set to random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Yoshi’s island (Brawl Version), Smashville,

·Legal Counterpick stages are as follows: Castle Seige, Norfair, Battleship Halberd, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Pokemon Stadium, Great Sea, Luigi’s Mansion, Delfino Plaza, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2

·Banned Stages are as follows: New Pork City, Mario Bros, 75m, Mario Circuit, Port City Aero Dive, Big Blue, Green Hill Zone,, Shadow Moses Island, Pictochat, Flatzone 2, Hannebrow, Mushroomy Kingdom, Warioware, Spear Pillar, Rumble Falls, Onett, Yoshi’s Island (Melee version), Hyrule Temple, The Summit, Bridge of Eldin, Distant Planet, sky world, rainbow cruise, Green Greens, Corneria

·Custom Controls will be allowed, Provided that you show up early enough to set them up and it comes at a first come, first serve basis

For Doubles SHARE STOCK is allowed

Ruse

Fox
I'll be coming and bringing one or two friends along.

See you there.

Do you need another Wii/copy of Brawl to make this thing go smoother?

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming and bringing one or two friends along.

See you there.

Do you need another Wii/copy of Brawl to make this thing go smoother?
If you could just in case, i would appreciate it. Ussually we have enough, but sometimes people forget to bring their copy, so if you could bring yours just in case, it would be much obliged.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
I'm free for this one. I'll be there with HolyChef.

Ruse, he told me about you the last time we played. If you want, we could carpool there to save gas.

I'm also going to bring a VCR to record matches, plus a setup.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I'm free for this one. I'll be there with HolyChef.

Ruse, he told me about you the last time we played. If you want, we could carpool there to save gas.

I'm also going to bring a VCR to record matches, plus a setup.

awesome that you guys are coming! you don't need to bring a vcr if you don't want too, i have a capture card, but feel free! man im so looking forward to this tournament

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Gah, I will try to be there, if I can convince parents to let me come (plus it also depends on whether or not I go to atlanta as well.)

We need more tournies in Tallahassee. XD

Ruse

Fox
If I may ask, why did you decide to do random neutral stages instead of striking, and why choosing a main instead of blind pick?

It's not a big deal or anything, I was just wondering.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
ice climbers

im going...

before u play u strike one stage. then the first match of the set is random neutrals. then the loser of that chooses a stage, excluding the banned/striked stages.
is that what u were confused about?

i dont know how i feel about choosing a main in the beginning. i kinda like hurting my head thinking who people are gonna pick before every single set.

get at my sig.

cg's all daii.

edit: blind picks are too good, especially when you go through the trouble of finding and bothering someone and you both end up picking ur mains anyway.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
The random stage thing is a work in progress, its far too late to change to the random strike rules just yet, that might be implemented in the next tournament, however the picked main at the beginning of the tournament is the house rule, and thats out of my hands, but there will be a "suggestion box" at the tournament, if there's enough people to support this notion, the house rule could be modified for future tournaments, however its in vain to prevent counterpicking in the first round.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Gah, I will try to be there, if I can convince parents to let me come (plus it also depends on whether or not I go to atlanta as well.)

We need more tournies in Tallahassee. XD
I hold tournaments here every 2 weeks and practice tournaments ever Thursday starting at 6 and run to midnight, i've been doing it ever since brawl's release, im surprised you haven't heard anything about it yet. But start coming out to the practice tournaments and I hope to see you on saturday!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
**** Cruz.... It looks like we might have LOTS of competition. But every1 from out of town B WARNED, Tallahassee Brawlers are pretty good. I look forward to the interesting challengers that are coming up!

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
**** Cruz.... It looks like we might have LOTS of competition. But every1 from out of town B WARNED, Tallahassee Brawlers are pretty good. I look forward to the interesting challengers that are coming up!
Looks like it bro, lets not get ahead of ourselves though, i defenitly look forward to playing all you guys, its gonna be a fun day

Jaigoda

Smash Apprentice
I should be able to come tomorrow. I'm not expecting to place, but it'll be some good practice anyway. :)

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
I think they know, brahhhh, but they don't seem to cater towards the rest of the state at all (like... I think they held a tourney during fast1, haha). Everyone in Jax is going to this because it's closer and we're poor (college johns)... :(

edit: Our car might have some problems, but we should still be showing up on time... GET HYPE!!1

MokonA

Smash Cadet
I think they know, brahhhh, but they don't seem to cater towards the rest of the state at all (like... I think they held a tourney during fast1, haha). Everyone in Jax is going to this because it's closer and we're poor (college johns)... :(

edit: Our car might have some problems, but we should still be showing up on time... GET HYPE!!1

That car was just fine.

Can we get some results posted cruz?

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
That car was just fine.

Can we get some results posted cruz?
yeah, just let me get home to my laptop, im at work right now, i passed out as soon as got home yesterday and i had to go to work early

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
results are being processed, ill post a link once they're are finished processing on allisbrawl, because it looks much nicer than anything i can do.

I didn't schedule this on the same day as a new hope on purpose X.X

i had no idea, same thing with FAST, but im also on a tourney schedule and i can't help it if it lands on the same day as a big tournament, but im also trying to turn this into a huge North Florida Tournament since Central FL has Gigabits, i figure North FL can have Panhandle Brawlfest.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Results are FINALLY POSTED! If you have an account on all is brawl, link your account to the results. ANyways, thanks to everyone who came, and i hope to see you all on OCT 4th! THose were some great matches and a great tourney, Congrats to Gmoney on both singles and doubles!

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2838

HolyChef

Smash Ace
need rules for that tourney asap even though im prolly not going. i might go however if u guys make me play on the laggy tv again and also if that girl drops a bunch of **** and nobody helps her and then we all get yelled at like junior high.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
At least she was hot.

I have something else happening during the next one btw, so I won't be there. Maybe the one after that though. Definitely keep us up to date on all the rule changes and such.

(Pictochat sucks)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
unfortunatley, there weren't i couldn't get my capture card hooked up, but i got it working now, so i can guarentee it will be up at the next one. As for the rule changes and such, they will be updated on the next tourney forum, Holy, i apologize that you had to play on the HDs, i agree that it was unfortunate, however since i was in a match, i wasn't able to do much at the moment and my crew seems to want to rush things, just let me know at the next tournament you attend, and ill make sure that you avoid the HDs, i certaintly understand and i hope that it doesn't keep you from attending the next one, We'd like to have you continue attend these tournies, i'd like to have more matches with you! You as well Manko, our set was pretty good i felt. anyways, ill keep you guys posted and did you guys join the newsletter?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
need rules for that tourney asap even though im prolly not going. i might go however if u guys make me play on the laggy tv again and also if that girl drops a bunch of **** and nobody helps her and then we all get yelled at like junior high.

We WILL try to cater to all smasher and if the laggy TV was that much of a problem then next time WE will make sure that you won't have to play on it. And as far as the girl and the **** being dropped... Idk what to say about that.

HolyChef

Smash Ace
We WILL try to cater to all smasher and if the laggy TV was that much of a problem then next time WE will make sure that you won't have to play on it. And as far as the girl and the **** being dropped... Idk what to say about that.
well dude was mad when the girl dropped all that **** while trying to walk through us. but then i saw her with my own eyes drop boxes of **** several times behind the counter. suprised he didnt get mad there too

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I know what you mean about the hd thing. I always go to whoever is calling the matches to let them know ahead of time to call someone else if the open tv is an hd. I just don't understand why people would use hd's for anything but movies, I'd rather developers add cooler effects, game-relevant physics, and decrease load times with the newfound processing power than simply raising the resolution at the expense of potential creativity and controller responsiveness. As for the girl, that was fukd up, I think the host was really stressed about something (don't know what though, they were being really secretive about it).

Good games though, the last round of the winners bracket was epic, haha.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
There was no Melee... :urg:
well there was, but no one signed up for it, fear not guys, the one n the 4th is going to have both Melee singles and Doubles as well as brawl singles and doubles, with doubles of both games being played first. I hope to see alot of you there.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
I know what you mean about the hd thing. I always go to whoever is calling the matches to let them know ahead of time to call someone else if the open tv is an hd. I just don't understand why people would use hd's for anything but movies, I'd rather developers add cooler effects, game-relevant physics, and decrease load times with the newfound processing power than simply raising the resolution at the expense of potential creativity and controller responsiveness. As for the girl, that was fukd up, I think the host was really stressed about something (don't know what though, they were being really secretive about it).

Good games though, the last round of the winners bracket was epic, haha.
Are you talking about me Groc, or are you talking about Jason? cause i was fine, i was enjoying the tourney throughly, so i assume you were talking about Jason.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ok, I have a small little question. Isn't there going to be another one this saturday? It doesn't say it anywhere on the first post... XD

If there is, I have a good chance of coming if I can convince my parents to take me.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
@Soma: The big guy with the ponytail, Jason. You aren't the host, you are his organizer. ;)

@Werekill: There is one on the 4th coming up if you want to come. I hope you have cool parents :p

Top Bottom