• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is wario's worst matchup?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What do you guys think is wario's worst matchup?
The matchup in bold Purple letters that also reads "LOL".

Edit: You could have looked in the Wario Guide. It's in there.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Docter mario guy is being so mean again. You shouldn't look in the guide, there is nothing of relevance there. Just know that if you ever have trouble with a Wario, just use Sonic against him. It's like an auto-**** button.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Docter mario guy is being so mean again. You shouldn't look in the guide, there is nothing of relevance there. Just know that if you ever have trouble with a Wario, just use Sonic against him. It's like an auto-**** button.
Sonic? seriously?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LOL You guys call me mean and yet you lie to him? Shame... Shame...

Skyflyer, Wario ***** Sonic, don't listen to them. Wario's true worst matchup is Dedede, although Yoshi comes in at a close second with that infinite he has.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Skyflyer, Wario ***** Sonic, don't listen to them.
Lies, all the Sonic mains have assured that the sonic Wario matchup isn't so bad. The matchup changes dramatically because every time they catch Wario on the ledge without his DJ they can infinite him. Which will clearly happen every 100 matches or so. So obviously Wario doesn't **** Sonic.
They have also assured me that Sonic is no where near bottom tier, and should be in middle tier....

Why would they lie about something like that?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lies, all the Sonic mains have assured that the sonic Wario matchup isn't so bad. The matchup changes dramatically because every time they catch Wario on the ledge without his DJ they can infinite him. Which will clearly happen every 100 matches or so. So obviously Wario doesn't **** Sonic.
They have also assured me that Sonic is no where near bottom tier, and should be in middle tier....

Why would they lie about something like that?
Lol Sonic can infinite Wario on the edge when he doesn't have a DJ? Can't he just footstool them when they try to grab? It's like that for a lot of characters.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
LOL You guys call me mean and yet you lie to him? Shame... Shame...

Skyflyer, Wario ***** Sonic, don't listen to them. Wario's true worst matchup is Dedede, although Yoshi comes in at a close second with that infinite he has.
Not really. I can face Yoshi's fine with Wario. It's definetely MK or DDD.
(Yoshi is tough though)

7FO

Smash Cadet
i think it is peach bcause got the grab release on wario that leads to a automatic up-smash and since peach floats so much it is hard to bite he if i am wrong please pm me

ps how the hack is sonic his worst matchup all u have to do is bite his spin dash

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i think it is peach bcause got the grab release on wario that leads to a automatic up-smash and since peach floats so much it is hard to bite he if i am wrong please pm me

ps how the hack is sonic his worst matchup all u have to do is bite his spin dash
It's not Peach, not by a long shot.

We were just joking about Sonic being a bad matchup... OR ARE WE? *Twilight zone music plays*

DDD, Yoshi, Marth, those are the hardest I would think. Yoshi is debatable but the other two are pretty well off against Wario.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Don't listen to them, Wario crushes Sonic, Wario's bite destroyes everything he has. Yoshi,Dedede, or Marth are the worst.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i **** yoshis lol
Well that's why I said it is debatable. I mean he has an infinite, but Reflex says he can handle Yoshi's and I haven't had anyone really beat me up as Yoshi so.... :ohwell:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I don't/haven't, he posted earlier in a different thread that he thought the matchup was pretty even, and I think he said he had a lot of experience against NC1 Pride.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Playing against Wario's as yoshi it's actually tough unless you can grab Wario, so if you avoid that the Dair basically shreads everything yoshi has except a well predicted and timed Usmash so I don't think that's it.

From my experiences playing as wario (who i don't main mind you so may not know as much about him) I seem to have troubles with Ike, I mean if you think Marth has range, yeesh can barely get close to that guy if he's smart and doesn't just Fsmash the entire time. Other than that though, yeah marth for realz...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ike isn't bad at all, Wario has the advantage over him. Ike's range is more of a **** deterrent for Ike lol, without it he would fare horribly against Wario.

Jeepy Sol

Smash Ace
Wario Vs. Yoshi Match-up not as bad as everyone is making it out to be? That's a relief. I've been dreading this match-up for a long time. Fortunately, there aren't too many Yoshis in NorCal.

DDD still sucks, though.

TheTomNookster

Smash Apprentice
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned G&W. I often have a hard time with him and his high priority over Wario.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned G&W. I often have a hard time with him and his high priority over Wario.
I wouldn't say that's his worst matchup, I look at it as around even. Marth isn't his worst either, he would be if he could CG even half as well as what Dedede can do.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
not only chain grab but grab release to upsmash death too..

yoshi is nothing i played pride at fast just dont get grabbed by retreating throw lol its easy...

thebigk

Smash Rookie
I have a really tough time against Pit. Those quick combos of his always catch me off guard. As for Dedede, I'm actually not too bad against him.

Ace55

Smash Lord
I have a really tough time against Pit. Those quick combos of his always catch me off guard. As for Dedede, I'm actually not too bad against him.
Has he been chaingrabbing and grab releasing you after every grab?

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Man this tc has got to be one of the worst posters ever. He makes this topic every single time he loses against a character. He made this in the snake and diddy boards. He probably made it in some more character boards.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ummmmmm.................... Wolf is slow... And just because someone is fast doesn't mean they are good. Fox isn't good. Sonic is bad...
If you ask me, Fox is underrated. I don't think that many people have given him a reasonable chance because he's not the reincarnation of Jesus that he was in Melee. As of right now, he's middle of middle tier but I think he may eventually move as high as high middle tier especially with recent talks about him possibly being a Snake counter and even with Metaknight.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If you ask me, Fox is underrated. I don't think that many people have given him a reasonable chance because he's not the reincarnation of Jesus that he was in Melee. As of right now, he's middle of middle tier but I think he may eventually move as high as high middle tier especially with recent talks about him possibly being a Snake counter and even with Metaknight.

Snake counter: No.
Going even with MK: Hell no.

He would be lucky to go even with Snake and even luckier to not get butt ***** by MK. This however is not true. When Fox has trouble approaching most characters, it doesn't help him when his opponent has either Snake's range and stage control or MK's godly mix of speed, range, and priority.

He is not good enough IMO to reach high tier. Toon Link and Olimar are clearly better than him, and they deserve spots into the high tier compared to Fox.

7FO

Smash Cadet
pknintendo isnt to knowledgable with wario. Sonic cant do a thing to wario he bites his spin dash and sonic is too weak to kill wario with any of his moves and wario has a lot more priority and air mobility than sonic so the matchup isnt close if you ask me.

PS. correct me if im wrong

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
pknintendo isnt to knowledgable with wario. Sonic cant do a thing to wario he bites his spin dash and sonic is too weak to kill wario with any of his moves and wario has a lot more priority and air mobility than sonic so the matchup isnt close if you ask me.

PS. correct me if im wrong
This is the only time I have ever seen someone actually ask for correcting in case they are wrong.

I love you!

Anyways biting is not the primary reason Wario has an advantage over Sonic.
Otherwise DDD and Kirby would be really bad matchups and neither of them are. (kirby is even IMo ddd has a soft advantage).

Sonic will only get bitten out of his spincharge or dashes if he is committed to them.
this means at any point Sonic can jump cancel the spincharge or spindash and avoid the bite entirely.
From that he can Dair you from above before Wario has the chance to close his mouth.

He can also cancel his dash movement and Fsmash Wario out of the bite (by tilting it up due to the disjoint in the fist).

The issue is Wario's aerial game.
Wario actually does not have that much more priority than Sonic.
in fact Sonic's Bair and Uair have higher priority than all of Wario's aerials do tot heir reach. And Sonic's Fair also exchanges with Wario's aerials.

However Wario has much greater mobility than Sonic and he has higher overall attack speed.

its those two abilities that make wario a difficult character.
His overall attack speed is greater and because of his aerial mobility it can be difficult for Sonic to exploit any openings in Wario's attacks. He just can't punish him like he normally would.

Sonic does have some things on wario. he has an infinite on the edge (you can't DJ out of it or footstool) and he also can Fsmash/Uair/Usmash/Utilt Wario out of a grab release into the air. (easily avoided).

Sonic also has greater ground speed and his ability to cancel all of his approaches means biting him out of things won't happen very often.

However what Sonic does have just is not enough against Wario because of how rarely they occur, and also to the extent which he can follow up.

Its easily 65:35 Wario's advantage if not 70:30.

Just because Wario's abilities can break Sonic's.
Not because of bite. (honestly if you are managing to bite Sonic very often they are not very good or its online).

Ace55

Smash Lord
For me it's still that **** Weegee. With Dedede at least I can steer my down air bombs so he can't grab me on shield. But how on earth am I gonna aproach Weegee?

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
For me it's still that **** Weegee. With Dedede at least I can steer my down air bombs so he can't grab me on shield. But how on earth am I gonna aproach Weegee?
Weegee can't grab you out of shield so im rather confused by what you are talking about. you mean aerially?
Well yeah I could see how Wario would have issues.

Ace55

Smash Lord
Weegee can't grab you out of shield so im rather confused by what you are talking about. you mean aerially?
Well yeah I could see how Wario would have issues.
He has, believe me. And sliding away after a well spaced Dair isn't such a bad thing. Get's me out of range so I haved to dodge all those karate attacks again trying to get close. And one's I'm close he still has better options.

Top Bottom