• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

October 18th (sat), Wii Fighting Game Monthlies @ Get Your Game On in Ann Arbor, MI

Vayseth

Smash Master
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have secured a venue:

Get Your Game On will be hosting monthly tournaments in Ann Arbor Michigan on one Saturday a month in October, November and December. They have just remodeled their basement and it looks to be a PERFECT venue for the Smash community and other fans of fighting games for the Wii.

Time/Place

Get Your Game On
709 Packard Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Homepage here
Map here
The map included above shows where to find free parking as well as food places directly surrounding Get Your Game On. If you cannot find free parking, there are meters outside the store which are $0.50 an hour for 10 total hours. However, after 6 pm it is free so you can just load the meter until 6 pm.

SSBB Doubles Tournament: Starts @ 12 noon.
Hour Food Break: After Doubles there will be approximately an hour break for food. This should be between 4 and 5 pm.
SSBB Singles Tournament: Starts @ around 5 pm (after the food break).

Price:

*Venue fee: $5
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles: $20 per team
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles: $10 per person
**Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2: $5 per person

Payout is standard 60/30/10 for all events.

*venue fee will be waived when you bring a WHOLE set up (wii w/ game + a TV. venue fee also includes some food and drinks. Details TBA.
**Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 will not be released until the 21st of October. Therefore, I will have a running set up of Naruto GNT EX2 to get hype for the new game. Pre-order it at Get Your Game On!

UPDATE: I met with the owner today and the $5 venue fee will be paid directly to the store, not me, I'm only dealing with the money in the pot. Therefore, if you would like, you can trade in old games/systems/whatever, as opposed to paying a venue fee. I would call the store first to see if they have too many of something (and therefore wouldn't take it in) and their number is available on their website (above). So, take advantage of this offer!

Venue Rules:

1. Respect the Venue- Please pick up your trash and try not to throw controllers, kick chairs, or anything that may do damage to the venue. Anything that is broken or any trash that is left is then my responsibility and I will glare at you for a long time *glare*.
2. ABSOLUTELY NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL ALLOWED INSIDE OR ON THE PREMISES. IF IT IS FOUND YOU WILL BE KICKED OUT, NO EXCEPTIONS. This is a game store which caters to all ages, be respectful and do not make a fool out of yourself.
3. Smoking cigarettes is allowed right outside the building. Just try not to crowd the door so customers can get inside.
4. The tournament will be held in the basement which will be our space. The upstairs is a game store so please go up stairs to pick up any new games or drinks/snacks if you wish. In general though, be respectful of the other customers.
5. HAVE FUN! This should be the start of something really cool for Ann Arbor, and I hope we can run more of these in the future.
6. I will NOT TOLERATE unsportsmanlike conduct. There will be no insulting, coaching, or verbal abuse of any kind during tournament matches. Coaching is allowed between matches only. If I catch you doing any of the above, you will get a warning. Doing it again will result in you being kicked out.
7. There are no refunds on the venue fee. If you have to leave early and cannot enter a tournament that you paid for, I can give you a refund ONLY if you have not played a single match in the tournament. If you have played at all, I will not give you a refund.
8. If I am busy (ESPECIALLY if I am in a match) wait until I am done to talk to me.

Therefore, this list basically says: Be respectful to those around you and have fun...

...or I'll KILL YOU (jks =P).

Out of State Housing:

I can house at most 2 people. I have talked to other people living in the Ann Arbor area and it may be possible for people stay with some of them. Please post in this thread if you need overnight housing. SamuraiPanda will hold a Smash Fest on Friday, and he lives two doors down from the venue so that will be perfect! Thread here.
Anyway, please post up if you need a place to stay and someone will try and help you get some.

Game Rules:

Super Smash Brothers Brawl:

This tournament follows the basic outline of the rules set by the SBR. Details of the rules can be found here.

However, the stage list will be rather different. Here is the stage list for this tournament:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Poke'mon Stadium 1

They will be picked 1 - 2 - 1 and who chooses first will be decided by RPS.

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

You may ban one stage from either list after the striking process is over.

Each station will have a list of stages that you may select to avoid confusion. Also, if you and your opponent(s) agree, you may play any stage you want, banned or not. If you have any questions, please let me know before the tournament or before your match. If the match is already in progress you are stuck.

Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2:
After the game is released I will update this area with a rule set for this game. In general though:

Damage ratio 2
3/5 rounds, 2/3 matches (3/5 for winners/losers finals and 4/7 for grand finals).
Time 99 seconds

Other Forum Pages:

Willvolution: http://www.willvolution.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7283
All Is Brawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=2911

Alright guys, that seems to be it! Let me know if I forgot anything and I will update it accordingly! See you all there!!

rofa

Smash Journeyman
this is the stupidest tournament idea that i've ever heard. alex just wants a game that he can win at. pathetic

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Vayseth, I'm down. I'll be going to this and hopefully bringing my bro with me. IDK who else would go with me but I know me and my bro are coming to this. Hopefully Revolution 2 is as good as it is been advertise and lives up to Naruto GNT 4. I will have a new main since Kimimaro is not in this game, but that's ok. My bro still has Neji and Temari. XD

Omni still has Itachi though. >_>

Vayseth

Smash Master
this is the stupidest tournament idea that i've ever heard. alex just wants a game that he can win at. pathetic
You're a scrub and I hope you die in a fire.

"Alex just want a game that he can win at" meaning, I've played this series for years and have a million times the experience in that game than I do in brawl where as every single person who has been winning the brawl tournaments played melee for at least a year before coming to brawl, meaning they all have a ton more experience than I do. Me wanting to play naruto has nothing to do with me not playing brawl, especially since I have more fun in Naruto even when I'm getting owned than I do in Brawl. That's prolly because I can actually find characters I *like* to play...

Anyway, GG rofa, you have your cell off, I have your stuff and I have questions for you anyway so call me back asap.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
lololololol alex is the man

and yeah, vayvolution is a better name

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
You're a scrub and I hope you die in a fire.

"Alex just want a game that he can win at" meaning, I've played this series for years and have a million times the experience in that game than I do in brawl where as every single person who has been winning the brawl tournaments played melee for at least a year before coming to brawl, meaning they all have a ton more experience than I do. Me wanting to play naruto has nothing to do with me not playing brawl, especially since I have more fun in Naruto even when I'm getting owned than I do in Brawl. That's prolly because I can actually find characters I *like* to play...

Anyway, GG rofa, you have your cell off, I have your stuff and I have questions for you anyway so call me back asap.
vayseth if i played ur game for a month id beat you 80% of the time proly. naruto is a spam game :/

Vayseth

Smash Master
Joel, I'll give you a month to play it and then we'll do a $20 MM. Challenge now. If you get good, hey, it's more money for you to take from people.

TheMann

Smash Ace
Vay no, just no.... You should run Street Fighter 3rd strike or Guilty Gear AC instead :)

Lol jk. Guess I gotta get good at Naruto now.

My Shikamaru will own all.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Ohio guys would come, my bro another smasher and 1der but its on a sunday. make it the day before on saturday maybe?

Vayseth

Smash Master
Sunday = no parking fees (all meters free) and Sunday isn't a busy day for the venue. If we did this on a Saturday we wouldn't be able to breathe =(

nojoes

Smash Ace
Those who still attend high school and those who have early classes on mondays don't like sunday tournaments, especially brawl which is notorious for having tournaments run late. Also my parents would castrate me if i went to a tournament on sunday and came back at 1 in the morning on monday.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
Omni still has Itachi though. >_>
^_^ indeed i do but im looking for someone else to play along with itachi, i hope kakashi is playable, and i hope they have more ataksuki members, i would love to main kakashi, itachi, and Konan (if shes in it).

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I doubt either Naruto game will have Konan. lol

But yeah I hope Kakashi is playable again, like in the CoN/GNT 2 days.

My Kimimaro is not in this game, so I will be playing a new Main when this game comes out. So I guess everyone will have an even playing field come tourney time since everyone would have no more than like 4 days to even practice for this tournament. lol

I will def come to this with my bro since he said he is fine going to this one. Idk if I can bring any more people, maybe I could for Brawl if anyone wants to go from Chicago. lol

Is a nice ride, I found out is all I-94 to Ann Arbor. XD

dingding

Smash Ace
Those who still attend high school and those who have early classes on mondays don't like sunday tournaments, especially brawl which is notorious for having tournaments run late. Also my parents would castrate me if i went to a tournament on sunday and came back at 1 in the morning on monday.
agreed

10chars

Vayseth

Smash Master
Trust me, it'll be done earlier. I'm trying to work out the schedule right now but... remember, random digi ops tournaments usually don't break 32 people, which usually means no pools. Cut out pools and we have a smooth, fast running tournament.

However, I do understand your point of view, considering you have to drive a while back home. I'll contact the owner and see what I can do then.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
@ dark kakashi. i know i didnt think she would be, but one can hope :-/ and that sucks that you dont have your main in this game. hopefully kakashi is god tier that would be amazing.

nojoes

Smash Ace
Trust me, it'll be done earlier. I'm trying to work out the schedule right now but... remember, random digi ops tournaments usually don't break 32 people, which usually means no pools. Cut out pools and we have a smooth, fast running tournament.

However, I do understand your point of view, considering you have to drive a while back home. I'll contact the owner and see what I can do then.
yess pleeeeeeeeeeeease

saturday would be so amazing and we really want to head up.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
why not just postpone it for one week? then more people could come...

Vayseth

Smash Master
If you look, Dark_Kakashi has a tournament on the 1st and 2nd which has tournaments for all 3 smash games. I'm assuming he'd get more people anyway, so no sense taking from him.

The fact remains that Sundays are better for the establishment, as well as for those who would like to park somewhere in Ann Arbor. Trying to park in Ann Arbor ALL DAY around digi ops can be pretty difficult and expensive.

The problem isn't the date, the problem is whether or not we can even do the event. Details to come next week.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
:bumper: :bumper: :bumper: :bumper: :bumper: :bumper: :bumper: :bumper: :bumper: :bumper: lol 10 bumbs

Top Bottom