• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago's All Smash (Smash 64, Melee, Brawl ) and Naruto Revolution 2 November 1st

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Chicago’s All Smash Weekend and Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2!!

Basically, this tourney will be on the first weekend of November. It will consist of All the Generations of Smash. Super Smash Brothers, Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be the games that will be played at this tourney as well as Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2.

Venue:
ScreenZ Computing Center
2717 N. Clark St.

Tourneys will go like this:

November 1st

Super Smash Brothers Singles (Nintendo 64) Entry $5

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles (Nintendo Gamecube/Wii) Entry $10

Super Smash Brothers Melee Doubles (Nintendo Gamecube/Wii) Entry $10 per person/$20 for Team

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles (Nintendo Wii) Entry $10

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Doubles (Nintendo Wii) Entry $10 per person/$20 for Team

Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2 Singles (Nintendo Wii) Entry $5

(System it will be played on)*

Tournament Schedule:

Brawl Doubles - NOON

Melee Doubles - 3PM

Naruto - 3:30PM

Brawl Singles - 5PM

Melee Singles 7PM

Smash 64 has atm a Low Potential Turn Out, so it might be dropped. Otherwise, we can run a small Smash 64 Tournament around 8 or 9PM.

$5 Venue fee and an extra $5 for a Total of $10.

The extra $5 will get you unlimited Refills from the beverages that you want and Pizza that they will order later that day.
So basically for an extra $5 you guys get Unlimited drinks and Pizza.

I don’t expect everyone to enter every single Tournament but I do expect to see a good amount of people for each one.

I will need TVs and Set-ups for each game, so if people can bring some that would be greatly appreciated it. I will have one set up for each since I have one for each of them.

Any info on this, feel free to contact me
AIM – LiMario24 or PM me
Cell/Text - 773-540-6347

Hope to see some of you guys again and some new faces too. It should be a really fun day. ^_^

If anyone wants to help out in helping run any of the Tournaments feel free to contact me. I might be looking for help if it gets bigger than expected. ^_^;

New Info!

Sponsors: ScreenZ and Game Stop.

Tournament Organizers: Me & Diverse Nerd Association & Zjiin

This means the person that wins Brawl will get additional Prizes outside of the Pot Prize, which is still 60% - 30% - 10%. You will be getting from what I understand possibly a ScreenZ Gift Certificate and a Game Stop Gift Card. There is also a chance you might get a gift card from some of the other stores around the area.

From what I saw we can do basically Melee one side, Brawl on the other side and Smash 64 in the middle sections.

They told me people can bring TVs to set up the stations, so I am telling you guys this also in case you want to take TVs. They told me to tell them ahead of time how I want the area to look so they can organize it prior to the tournament.

Also this is no longer a 2-day event is a one day event. I don't think I will get enough people to require a 2-day event.

Also public transportation is a lot easier to this place, compared to mine. The Bus drops you off right in front of the venue and the Train drops you off about 4-5 blocks away. The one problem I see might be parking, but I am working to getting that fixed too.

For out of towners, I already told some of them and some already know. I will be housing out of towners and will be driving them to the venue. I can hold about 4-6 TVs in my car so people wanting to drop off TVs so I can take them for tourney are welcome to do so.

Hopefully this clears up some info people needed on the tourney and hopefully I can hear from you guys if you have any questions.

Tomorrow I will be talking to them about a Door Fee, hopefully I can negotiate a low Door Fee so people can be fine with it.

Oh yeah forgot to add, Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution 2 will be in the middle section.

If you guys have any questions feel free to ask I will try to answer as quick as I can. It seems like if things get moved around right, it can hold a very good amount of people and can definitely hold a very good amount of set-ups for the tournaments. ^_^

Rules!

Super Smash Brothers 64 Singles

1) Best 2/3 Matches until Loser's, Winner's, and Grand Finals which is 3/5 Matches
2) Items OFF
3) Handicaps OFF
4) 5 Stocks
5) The loser cannot choose a stage on which a previous match was played, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
6) Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
7) Players may re-pick characters after each match. However, the loser of each match gets to pick last

Banned Stages

Yoshi's Island
Sector Z
Planet Zebes
Mushroom Kingdom

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles/Doubles

* Items off.
* 4 stock, 8-minute timer
* Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
* Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
* First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
* Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked.
* The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
* No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
* Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
* Each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
* Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
* Wobbling is Banned in Singles
* For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List

Neutrals:

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks:

- Pokefloats
- Jungle Japes
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Mute City (Singles Only)
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Jungle Japes
- Green Greens
- Corneria

Banned:

- Everything else

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Singles/Doubles

3 stock
2/3 sets
3/5 finals
7 minute time limit
Items off

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

One stage ban allowed.

Bring your own controller
Controller Mods, Glitches, and tactics used to stall a match, are banned.

Team Attack is ON
Life stealing allowed

Stage List:

Neutrals:

Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Battlefield

Counterpicks:

Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Corneria
Norfair
Brinstar
Pirate Ship

Banned:

Everything Else

Naruto Clash Of Ninja Revolution 2 Singles

1) Time - 99 Seconds
2) Damage Level - 2
3) Rounds are set - 3 out of 5
4) All Obstacles and Stage Transitions will be turned OFF
5) Controller Set-up - At his moment Game Cube Controller only (after the game is out and we test it, we may add the other controller options)
6) Double Elimination Tournament
7) Each set of the tournament will go 2 out of 3 Matches until Winner's and Loser's Finals which will be 3 out of 5 Matches. Grand Finals will be 4 out of 7 Matches.
8) Gaara's backturn up+A on WAKEUP is Banned and Jiraiya's backturn down+A on WAKEUP is Banned!
9) Loser of the match has the option to change Character or Stage if he wants, Winner must Keep character. If Character Change is chosen he can not change Stage and it goes to Random.

Any Questions/Suggestions feel free to post them or contact me with the info I provided.

PM me here on SWF
AIM: Limario24
Cell: When the date gets close, I'll put it up

Pre-Reg List

Akashi - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Akatsuki - Naruto, Brawl Singles (Ohio)
Alex - Brawl Singles
Alex - Vayseth - Naruto, Brawl Doubles (Michigan)
Amari - Brawl Singles
Antoine - Anther - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Michigan)
Arty - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Avj - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Big C - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Indiana)
BIG O - Brawl Singles - Brawl Doubles
Bo X7 - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Butterpaws87 - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Byronman - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
crazn137 - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Dajayman - Smash 64, Brawl Singles
David - Shaeden - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Michigan)
Desmanian Devil - Brawl Singles - Brawl Doubles
Dignity - Naruto
DigimonEmperor - Naruto (Wisconsin)
Doggalina - Smash 64, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
DS - Melee Singles
Este - Smash 64, Brawl Singles
Expo - Melee Singles
FatalZ - Brawl Singles
J~money - Naruto, Brawl Singles, Melee Singles
James - Brawl Singles
Juicy_G - Brawl Singles
Karibola - Melee Singles
Khepri - Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Kidz - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Kirk - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
MachinegunNorm - Smash 64, Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Mars- - Melee Singles
Matrisking - Naruto
Maven - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Mike - Brawl Singles
Mike - Dark Kakashi - Naruto, Smash 64, Brawl Singles
MikeSwi - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Mslano - Smash 64, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Necrosis - Naruto, Smash 64
Nintenjoe - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles
Nolan - Brawl Singles
Polish Gerbils - Naruto, Brawl Singles, Melee Singles
Project-05 - Melee Singles
Psyke - Melee Singles
Quik - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Raid - Brawl Singles
Rashreflection - Naruto (Ohio)
Russel - Omniswell - Naruto, Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles (Michigan)
Ryan - Brawl Singles
Scythe - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Soccerdude7200 - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
SOLID - Brawl Singles
Solo - Falcomaster15 - Brawl Singles
SothE700k - Brawl Singles
Sveet - Melee Singles
TheWaft - Brawl Singles
Tim - Ook - Smash 64, Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles (if I get a partner)
Tink - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles (Indiana)
Tom - Dark Sasuke - Naruto
Weimdog - Brawl Singles (Maybe), Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Xplode - Brawl Singles
Zeus - Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Zjiin - Melee Singles, Melee Doubles
Zoa - Melee Singles

Set –ups!

Anther – Wii w/ Brawl, Melee
Big C - Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, TV
Crazn - Wii w/ Brawl, TV
Dajayman - Game Cube w/ Melee, Nintendo 64
Dark Kakashi – Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, Smash 64, Naruto Revolution 2, 2-3TVs, and 1-2 VCRs
MachinegunNorm - Wii w/ Brawl, TV
Necrosis - Wii w/ Naruto Revolution 2
Omniswell – Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, Naruto Revolution 2
Raid - Wii w/ Brawl, Melee, TV
Tink - Game Cube w/ Melee
Vayseth – Wii w/ Naruto Revolution 2, TV, and VCR
Zeus – Game Cube w/ Melee
Zjiin – Game Cube w/ Melee

Vayseth

Smash Master
DK, I would edit it to say "Smash 64, Melee, and Brawl" so people don't just think it's another scrub Brawl tournament =P

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
K Vayseth I edited. =p

I also should update this with the people i know that are showing up so people can expect what type of turn out it would be. I guess I'll give it a week before I do that. =p

Yeah Khepri, this should be fun. I have been meaning to go to your Smash gatherings but work keeps coming up. If I get this weekend off, I'll def try to show up man.

This should be a fun event. There is a Smash tourney for everyone. lol

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
ill probably go. btw when would you host the sc4 tournament? :) :)
I am not sure atm. I am looking at either the 8th or 15th of November, probably at the same venue. But I still don't know. I am going to talk with the Chicago people in our next session and tell them what seems like a good date. Or I'll just make a thread and let people vote on it. lol Hell it could be next month instead of November. ^_^

paralasalud said:
where in chicago?

i'm down otherwise, for melee and brawl.
It would be around where I live. I live on the Southwest Side, to be more precise around 87th Street and Pulaski/Cicero if you can figure out where that is. XD

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
That's fine. I made it so people can show up for whatever tourney they want to play. Some people like one Smash over the other while others prefer a few of them.

I updated the main post with Rules for all the Tournaments outside of Naruto. I will update that section when the game comes out.

There is a section Up for Debate, that is a few stages in the Brawl section. If you guys want to debate over those stages go ahead, that is why I put them there. Eventually I will have a vote a few weeks prior to the tourney to have the final list for Brawl Stages. ^_^

Mouldy_Taco

Smash Rookie
I'm somewhat interested, mostly because of the location.

Is this just a fun get-together of total strangers with similar interests, or is it competitive with a big grand prize??

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Is kinda a little of both.

That is why the Entry Fees for each tourney atm has a huge range. Pretty much I did invite a lot of friends from many sites, and if they want to play competitively for a large prize we can do that too.

The point is. It is a get together, but the Pot Prizes solely depends on the people that want to show up.

Last time I had one I had Brawl and SC4. The SC4 people came from all over the MidWest and after talking to each other they decided to switch the entry fee from $10 to $5 per person. It was 32 people and they were some of the best players from the MidWest, those vids were recorded too in case people want to see them.

If the people that want to show up for Melee want a $5 fee they can do that, if they want a $15 fee they can do that too. I am letting people decide on the Entry Fees and see what they want to do.

This is why I posted this early, this gives people a chance to decide what type of tournament they want and if they want to put the extra money in for a bigger Pot at the end.

Remember all the Money that goes to the Pot will be given out to the top 3. So NO money will be taken out of the Pot. Hope that helps. I talk to much sometimes. ^_^;

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Yeah sorry about that ook. lol

I updated the main post with new info and stuff like that. It should be noticeable... is a different color. XD

It is not by my house but that is basically cause all the venues around here very hard to get, and they kept telling me sure just so they can say no later on, cause some random Republican or Democratic Party got the place for an Election party..... >_>;

This is why it took a while also, they venues kept telling me sure, just to change their minds later one for bigger money.

Hopefully people are not thrown off from this. I will understand if people have questions. Feel free to post them or find me online and ask me. I will try to reply as soon as I can and quickly as possible.

infernohit

Smash Cadet
You should make Norfair, Green Greens, Pirate Ship, and Pictochat legal. Possibly even Brinstar.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I'll make a final decision on the Stages 2 weeks prior to the tourney, so after i listen to all the arguments I will post the final list of stages around October 18.

Now, since I have a venue and want to work on the schedule of the tournament. I will ask everyone that is going to show up to Pre Register with your Name, Screen Name, and Tournament(s) you will be entering. ex. (Miguel - Dark Kakashi - Smash 64, Melee Singles, Brawl Doubles)

This will help me in making the tournament list and and see what time I will do each tournament.
It looks like I might be doing Smash 64 and Naruto at Noon.
And start Melee and Brawl Doubles at 2PM
And Then Singles for both at 6PM.

If you guys want to give me a different schedule for them is fine. I will give people 1 week from today to give me ideas on how to change the tournament times, but otherwise those times I posted would be around how the tournament will be running.

I will be updating the main post with the names of all the people preregistering to this event.

Vayseth

Smash Master
I don't know if I have a ride confirmed just yet. However, if I do go:

Alex - Vayseth - Naruto.

If I have a brawl teammate I might enter but I'll need to find a ride out there.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
PreReg list so far:

Alex - Vayseth - Naruto
Dignity - Naruto
Machinegunnorm - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles
Mike - Dark Kakashi - Naruto, Smash 64, Brawl Singles
Necrosis - Smash 64, Naruto
SOLID - Brawl Singles
Tim - ook - Smash 64, Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles (if I get a partner)
Tom - Dark Sasuke - Naruto
Zjiin - Brawl Singles, Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles, Melee Doubles

I know more people are planning to show up, but that is why I have the PreReg list so I can get a head count of the amount of people showing up and depending on the amount of people for the tournaments, I will allocate the necessary TVs for the bigger tournaments and make more room for them and give more time to run those tournaments. Hopefully some more people start Preregistering soon so I can start getting ready with a schedule for these tournaments. For everyone that has Preregistered so far, thanks. ^_^

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
That's cool, to the above posters.

For those wondering why I am asking for the PreReg. It is because the tournament was obviously moved to a different Location so I wanted to know who still wanted to show up. Also to find out what tournaments they wanted to enter so I can make a schedule for the tournaments. I hope to have that schedule by the 18th at the latest. By then I hope to have the majority of people that want to show up already preregistered, so I can have time to arrange the area to suit the tournaments and people attending.

Thanks for reading, keep Preregistering, and hope to see you guys soon. Should be a fun event! ^_^

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll most likely be attending this. I'll be signing up for Brawl Singles and Brawl Doubles. I'll probably end up bringing at least one other person (Doubles Partner), although I might bring one or two more.

Weimdog

Smash Journeyman
Weimdog - Melee singles and doubles and POSSIBLY brawl singles

Khepri, teamsies if kels isn't coming?

This seems like a good thread to ask, does anyone live in or around wrigleyville? if you do, PM me. lets play some melee.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
OK I got 2 more potential people, so here are the 3 that are coming with me (including me)

SOLID-Brawl Singles-Brawl Doubles?
BIG O-Brawl Singles?-Brawl Doubles
Desmanian Devil-Brawl Sinbgles?-Brawl doubles

This is subject to change depending on whether or not they can come, but expect one of them at least.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Ok so i noted those extra people SOLID and I'll work on the Schedule of the tournament this week. hopefully have it up by Saturday.

I also updated the Stage List with a Final List on them and I updated the rules with more info in case some were vague earlier.

Top Bottom