• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Official Kirby Matchup Rankings AND GUIDE Thread! :: OMGOMGOMG! We're done!

IC3R

Smash Lord
I noticed a severe lack of my matchup summaries on the first page.
I know I haven't been here very often, but jeez....

Whoever starts the new thread use them plz kthxlol

-IC3R

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Naw, I'll do it once I post the thread. Thanks for offering, though. :)

Edit: And done. All that's left is for the MU discussion to commence. I've already asked the Snake boards to contribute, but it may be a while. About three other boards are currently discussing them.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
There a problem? Kirby is so godly~
Hacking a system is one thing, just to play games from another region that you couldn't before, but hacking a game just to change the gameplay for competitive play is just disturbing, I under stand just having it for fun, but not for serous game playing. I would agree that to take random tripping out, but that's just it. Making more hit stuns just made just hate it because how easy it is to combo in Brawl+. But as I say, that's during my experience with it not anyone elses, I have the HBC but only use it for region free games and not hacking a gameplay of a game.

camden

Smash Apprentice
Thats good to know. :laugh: Why don't we start with Snake? I'll post the thread tomorrow unless there are objections.
That sounds reasonable. After playing for a long time (against PEOPLE*) I just don't see how Kirby is 40:60 to Snake. This should definitely be up for re-discussion.

*I capitalized people because people always think I practice on CPU's. It's annoying. I may be a noob on the boards, but cut me some slack.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
snake is pretty tough, ahhhh can't get close

but if u can absorb his nades u got this

ahhh crap i didn't check if anyone answered my question about his cypher....

does bair always knock him out, even if stale?

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
That sounds reasonable. After playing for a long time (against PEOPLE*) I just don't see how Kirby is 40:60 to Snake. This should definitely be up for re-discussion.

*I capitalized people because people always think I practice on CPU's. It's annoying. I may be a noob on the boards, but cut me some slack.
Agree'd, Lucario wants a rediscuss too.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
A new match up thread is getting made, this one is pretty much done because the topic creater said he didn't want to make a match up thread anymore. =/

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Hacking a system is one thing, just to play games from another region that you couldn't before, but hacking a game just to change the gameplay for competitive play is just disturbing, I under stand just having it for fun, but not for serous game playing. I would agree that to take random tripping out, but that's just it. Making more hit stuns just made just hate it because how easy it is to combo in Brawl+. But as I say, that's during my experience with it not anyone elses, I have the HBC but only use it for region free games and not hacking a gameplay of a game.
i can understand where you're coming from, but brawl+ should be given a chance. regular brawl just really gets to me with all the imbalances in it. considering that high tiers are broken as ever (snake game and watch), and low tiers aren't given enough to compete at a high level. brawl+ feels way more balanced than regular brawl, which is why i can't stand regular brawl sometimes because of an unbalanced (and completely biased) character roster. plus many people complain about regular brawl being so bad. thats why some are trying to make it a better competitive game. it would've been better, though, if brawl didn't come out the way it did in the 1st place (sakurai's the biggest ******* of all game directors.)

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
OK, I'm ready to start up another supplement thread. I've seen requests for Marth, Metaknight and Lucario. Is there one in particular you all would like to go over, or should I just wait until the new tier list is out for A1 to make the new thread?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
OK, I'm ready to start up another supplement thread. I've seen requests for Marth, Metaknight and Lucario. Is there one in particular you all would like to go over, or should I just wait until the new tier list is out for A1 to make the new thread?
Wait until the tier list is out. Even though it won't mean much, at least we'll have stuff to nibble on while doing the supplements. :D

Of course, that's just my opinion.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll say wait until the new tier list has been made. It kind of make scene to see if Kirby place higher or lower and have a match up guide afterwords to see what is that reason.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I'll say wait until the new tier list has been made. It kind of make scene to see if Kirby place higher or lower and have a match up guide afterwords to see what is that reason.
Kirby will probably go down, but it'll be funny if the Ninja Spike actually helps his tier position:laugh:.

...On the other hand, if it DOES help, we can be like "We can NS u, that helps the matchup because the SBR-B thinks it's relevant to his TIER POSITION, BAYBE!" XD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby will probably go down, but it'll be funny if the Ninja Spike actually helps his tier position:laugh:.

...On the other hand, if it DOES help, we can be like "We can NS u, that helps the matchup because the SBR-B thinks it's relevant to his TIER POSITION, BAYBE!" XD
Have any of you guys NSed anyone in the Broom? If not, then it won't even be considered, and even then, it still probably wouldn't, since it's the most situational of our situational moves.

Still, I expect him to rise to lower high tier (I know, I used to say the opposite, but it turns out a lot of our 'Kirby's game gets worse as his metagame advances' stuff is completely unfounded, since it never actually happens in a match. He actually seems to have gotten better in my eyes due to things that SBR probably won't count, such as the sheer number of stages we absolutely **** **** on, and our lack of truly bad matchups.).

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
I saw a typo in the opening, shouldn't the match up with Sonic be 60:40 and not 55:45? I think that someone needs to change that because its kinda misleading >_>

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I saw a typo in the opening, shouldn't the match up with Sonic be 60:40 and not 55:45? I think that someone needs to change that because its kinda misleading >_>
It should be redone, but some Sonic mains bug the hell out of the topic creater and he got sick of it and put is as 55:45 Kirby, same thing with Ganondorf, which doesn't make since because Ganondorf is one of our easy match up's. If anything has to get attention on this match up is Zero Suit Samus, there is no way that this match up is 60:40 her, NO FREAKEN WAHHH!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
It should be redone, but some Sonic mains bug the hell out of the topic creater and he got sick of it and put is as 55:45 Kirby, same thing with Ganondorf, which doesn't make since because Ganondorf is one of our easy match up's. If anything has to get attention on this match up is Zero Suit Samus, there is no way that this match up is 60:40 her, NO FREAKEN WAHHH!!!
Viper... I know online doesn't prove ****, but a few other Kirby players have been surprised by Ganon... Hell, Thrilla barely beat my Kirby 1st time we played, only to lose to the Ganon.
I honestly think you just haven't played a good Ganon. Sure, the matchup is in our favor, but not by as much as you seem to think.

I agree on ZSS though. Sonic, I honestly can't say, as despite all the Sonic experience I have (Shugo, ITT, T-800, Blue Rogue, and a few other Sonics (of lesser skill) live in my general area) I still can't figure out how to play against him.
Have you ever played a good Sonic? I ask since no one really seemed to know much about the matchup when we were discussing it, and it's one that I obviously can't figure out, since it feels much worse than 55-45 when I play it (but I think I just have trouble learning that matchup. Campy Sonics can go **** themselves...).

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
Oh I see, so he did that to get back at them it seems.

Care to explain why the match up isn't 60:40 her(I really don't know the match up because I haven't faced many ZSS :()?

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Oh I see, so he did that to get back at them it seems.

Care to explain why the match up isn't 60:40 her(I really don't know the match up because I haven't faced many ZSS :()?
Kirby is small (harder to hit), light (harder to combo), fast (harder to get to), has multiple jumps, can gimp her offstage, rack damage easily, and he is small.

His bair is used for spacing, killing, wall-of-pains, comboing, gimping, OoS option, not to mention it's FAST and ends FAST and has no afterlag... It's truly one broken attack.

Did I mention Kirby's size? He's small. I, as a ZSS mainer, have always had problems against small characters because when coupled with lightweight properties and speed, they're a pain to hit and combo... Which is where ZSS's fortés lie.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Kirby is small (harder to hit), light (harder to combo), fast (harder to get to), has multiple jumps, can gimp her offstage, rack damage easily, and he is small.

His bair is used for spacing, killing, wall-of-pains, comboing, gimping, OoS option, not to mention it's FAST and ends FAST and has no afterlag... It's truly one broken attack.

Did I mention Kirby's size? He's small. I, as a ZSS mainer, have always had problems against small characters because when coupled with lightweight properties and speed, they're a pain to hit and combo... Which is where ZSS's fortés lie.
Kirby's not THAT hard to combo with ZSS... She can get 3-4 Uairs off if you start hitting at a low enough percent.
Also, watch out trying to gimp her. While we can gimp her, it's also common to go for a gimp and get DownB spiked.

All in all though, I feel she makes herself too open, and we are actually quite able to gay her, not to mention our CPs destroy her. Also, due to her light weight, she dies very easily, even with DownB momentum canceling.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I can say for certain that ZSS > Kirby on wifi.

Other than that, I don't have experience against good ZSS offline.

I probably never will.

Bair is not broken :p
it's just good

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Viper... I know online doesn't prove ****, but a few other Kirby players have been surprised by Ganon... Hell, Thrilla barely beat my Kirby 1st time we played, only to lose to the Ganon.
I honestly think you just haven't played a good Ganon. Sure, the matchup is in our favor, but not by as much as you seem to think.

I agree on ZSS though. Sonic, I honestly can't say, as despite all the Sonic experience I have (Shugo, ITT, T-800, Blue Rogue, and a few other Sonics (of lesser skill) live in my general area) I still can't figure out how to play against him.
Have you ever played a good Sonic? I ask since no one really seemed to know much about the matchup when we were discussing it, and it's one that I obviously can't figure out, since it feels much worse than 55-45 when I play it (but I think I just have trouble learning that matchup. Campy Sonics can go **** themselves...).
One of my friend's in my gaming group mains big characters and Ganondorf is on the list. Though I never had to worry about his Ganondorf and basicly sandbag the whole match nearly all the time... by I have to face other Ganon's to see so, but I can clearly say it's not 55-45 Kirby by 60-40 Kirby. Also my best friend is play's Sonic really good, though not around Master level, but he is good enough. I guess I have to rethink his match up since I don't like facing Sonic ever.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
Really? How?

Also, you can duck a lot of ZSS's attacks (taser, DA, grab, jab, Ftilt (unless angled down), Usmash, possibly Fsmash.).
I dont think u can duck the fully charged taser, i think the hitbox of the laser that comes out is too big. Also, i have yet to duck a grab from ZSS. Sounds interesting, i'll have to try that.

Top Bottom