• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamelot Monthly 1 Results Thread

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Don't know why Kyle isn't making one, but I'll post the results for Ankoku.

1st: Dojo(MK)
2nd: Santi(TL)
3rd: Hylian(MK)
4th: Espy(Sonic)
5th: Lee Harris(MK)
5th: Cake(Fox)
7th: Dr.MarioKart(MK)
7th:?
9th:?
9th: Nike20 (kirby)

Shoutouts:

Hylian - amazing random MMs. It sucks that they didn't get the Jiggly/D3 one on tape :p Good work on doing well with a noob MK. You should come to NB some time and we'll practice MK dittos.

Dojo - your MK is dirty :(. You're going to get him banned if you keep kicking so much *** :p. Good Ganon/Falcon MM. My Ganon will forever dominate below top tier ;)

Cake - intense matches! Your Fox is really really good. I'm glad you switched from Wolf because we needed a good Fox. Sorry that i had to go MK :(

Santi - your projectiles are epic. You make an impenetrable fortress. Last time I knocked you out because I used ROB and just spammed better until I could get the kill in. It didn't work this time around because you not only owned me with projectiles but you got so good with zair that I couldn't approach. I should have gone MK, but I'll practice for next time ;) I think you have the best TL in America

Espy/Puffball - amazing sonic. I'm disappointed that our set turned out the way it did because I killed myself twice, but it's not like you stole a win or anything. You definitely deserved it and you impressed me a lot. I'd like to see you play 3000!

Everyone else - good meeting a lot of you! It's nice putting names to faces and I hope that a lot of you are more active in the tourney scene because there was definitely some potential!

Make sure to come to my 2 v 2 tourney (sticked in the Southwest forum)!

On the topic of the tournament itself:

By the way, I just wanted to throw in my opinion on the tournament itself. I had a lot of fun, but that was mostly because of the people there (including Kyle). This was probably the worst run tournament I've ever been to. TVs were constantly open, there were very few setups, and it was extremely disorganized because there were 3 events going on in a short period of time. It took 7 hours to finish one singles DE tournament with under 50 people, and that's pretty horrible. Because of this we couldn't do doubles and the people who were in far like me, Hylian, dojo, etc had to wait around FOREVER. I don't think I'll be coming to the next Gamelot tournaments unless I hear that the Oct 11th was run much better.

Top Bottom