• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Bowser Chatroom and General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Okay, so a bunch of old or dead threads are being posted on when they dont need to. Here is a general thread to discuss whatever you want about bowser, bowser players, quick questions you dont want to look up the answer to, etc. All in all I think this will help with overall orginanization of the board. Like I said, nothing is taboo here(well not nothing) so feel free to spam this thread and let old threads die, because really it doesn't help to have 2 or 3 threads with actual content be burried under 5 or 6 dead threads just being used to socialize... do that here. Love to the bowser boards!
some plans I have for the bowser board in the future:
1) a tactical move discussion
2) a discussion on the various counterpicks and how they affect/ benefit bowser and which characters to take there (this is why i ask you post opinions about stages in the matchup discussion)
3) a "punish me" thread in which I give you a situation and you have to come up with a way to get around... for example a dk. is spamming a bair fastfall wop. You have to come up with a way around it. Best way gets quoted in op or something for a week... idk keeps people thinking. I saw an olimar main Dngr do this, and I thought it was a WONDERFUL idea.
4) A read here before posting thread to make important content readily available, and keep people from posting unneeded threads.(i mean we only have 5 guides and 6 matchup disscussions right?)

Alright, let me know what you think about these. They may not come up all at once, but all of them I have seen used to fantastic result...

Lately I have been spending more and more time in the bowser board simply because the peach boards are so developed already. (I mean they have some of the most organized threads imo in any board, not to mention there are so many high calibur peachs... what can I say having a woman go sharapova everytime you play a match is good incentive to practice) Bowser is just a guilty pleasure I have, so I really wanna help make his board awesome. Um... yeah, end of rant. -Burton Out! :laugh:

Edit: Here is a live chatroom if you fancy that sort of thing... I'll try and spiff it up in the very near future...

Edit: Spiffified. Feel free to make match challenges or just chat here and keep from spamming the boards. Or if you like high post counts by all means post something here instead. jp lol.
http://www.xat.com/chat/room/39381773/

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I know using controller port 1 automatically gives you the win if you Bowsercide someone while you're both on your last stock. I also heard controller port 4 gives you some sort of super armor for...I think it was grabs. So is this true?

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Well, it has been proven that certain controller slot give certain properties. I know of snake, but not really bowsers. I know that if you are a higher port than your opponent then you should 100 percent of teh time die AFTER them. Also, jumping when bowserciding takes away the need to worry about the first part of your question. Um... as for the second, grabs already get wierd super armor. Do you have a link to where you saw this, maybe if I see it in context... but for now Im going to say that both of them are true regardless of controller port.

smaci92

Smash Lord
this was a good idea. Every character should have there own chatroom. Maybe to make this idea even better, make a live chatroom box with http://www.xat.com

At the pika boards we have a live chatroom and we can even set up matches against each other...:bee:

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
this was a good idea. Every character should have there own chatroom. Maybe to make this idea even better, make a live chatroom box with http://www.xat.com

At the pika boards we have a live chatroom and we can even set up matches against each other...:bee:
Thanks for this! Im still iffy about it cause its kinda laggy, but i know some people will prefer it.

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Well, it has been proven that certain controller slot give certain properties. I know of snake, but not really bowsers. I know that if you are a higher port than your opponent then you should 100 percent of teh time die AFTER them. Also, jumping when bowserciding takes away the need to worry about the first part of your question. Um... as for the second, grabs already get wierd super armor. Do you have a link to where you saw this, maybe if I see it in context... but for now Im going to say that both of them are true regardless of controller port.
Here's where I first heard of it
Which is more important, port 1 for Bowsercide win, or port 4 for super armor grabs?
No clue where he heard it from, hence why I'm asking.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
um...like i said, you get both of those anyway. (well if you jump when you bowsercide) so I dont know why he would say that.

Shade487z

Smash Cadet
Oh well, thanks anyways. So I guess another question would be, is it worth it trying to land the spike from Bowser's dair?

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
Yeah a missed Dair will either be an automatic Spike(if the enemy has one) or an automatic SD because of Bowser's fail vertical recovery.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ok, so I know using controller port 1 automatically gives you the win if you Bowsercide someone while you're both on your last stock. I also heard controller port 4 gives you some sort of super armor for...I think it was grabs. So is this true?
Just thought it'd be worth noting that in the PAL version of brawl whoever is on top during a suicide move (which would only be bowser and ganon since they're the only one with real suicide "moves") will always win on the last stock.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Version_differences_(SSBB)

the only thing is you'll almost never know which version you're playing, I never knew in melee because they had 3 versions too and it doesn't say anywhere which version you have (as far as I know)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Yeah a missed Dair will either be an automatic Spike(if the enemy has one) or an automatic SD because of Bowser's fail vertical recovery.
well you CAN time it rught and live, but the move is just crap... looks cool, but its crap.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
well you CAN time it rught and live, but the move is just crap... looks cool, but its crap.
Haha I know. :p I only use it as a mindgame to keep my opponent guessing on what I'll do. I hardly ever use it and my opponents know that so every once in a while I get a free Dair that pushes them away.

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
Alright... So I think Im going to start my move discussion soon... Any ideas which move I should start out with? I was thinking the famous fsmash... or jab. Ideas?

Jonas

Smash Champion
Just thought it'd be worth noting that in the PAL version of brawl whoever is on top during a suicide move (which would only be bowser and ganon since they're the only one with real suicide "moves") will always win on the last stock.

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Version_differences_(SSBB)
Which is BS. I have the PAL version, and I just did some testing. If Bowser has the lowest player number, he wins. If he has the highest, it means sudden death. It's completely the same as it is in the NTSC version.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
It doesn't really matter since the SBR ruleset mentioned that if Bowser or Ganon suicide in which they take away their players last stock and theirs they win regardless.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I hope we can get into discussion about his Infinite Jump attacks...Vex has it down like a pro, but I can never do it. :/ That increases Bowser's speed dramatically and without it, I'm a plain Bowser. :(

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
I've tried but I either fall to the floor and attack normally, don't get the second Klaw in for the next jump, or do a normal infinite jump with no attack. XD

I see videos of people doing it, but they never show the controller or timing so I have no clue what buttons to press and when. I have my L button set to Jump and even with that it doesn't help.

eyestrain92

Smash Journeyman
Ok, this is the chatroom right?

I'm surprised that some Bowser Main's tag isn't DYLAN, because he spits hot fire.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
If nobody hasn't already, I'll make a bowser website that discusses EVERYTHING Bowser related. People who have posted stuff about Bowser on smashboards will have priority in posting there topic. Example, the person who posted Bowser's match thread will have priority in creating it on the site. It will also have a chat, the same chat we use now on here. I think if the Bowser community would gather and discuss topic's related to Bowser much more closely, that we could definitely make a huge impact on Bowser's metagame.

The website will be made at latest by tomorrow, however I will not advertise it on smashboards because that is against the rules.

Crzy

Smash Journeyman
oh my msitake i assumed u meant infinite jump WITHOUT aerials but yeh i have trouble with that aswell we should definitely discuss that
Yeah I can do it normally without problem...but once I try to throw in Aerials, I fail miserably. :chuckle:

WarriorKnight

Smash Ace
Yeah I can do it normally without problem...but once I try to throw in Aerials, I fail miserably. :chuckle:
Seriously?
hmm try this then.

once you press b to do the klaw and close to the ground, make believe u're on the ground and ready to do a quick shorthop f-air. Keep doin it until it feels comfortable.
Then u could move on to eventually do infinite 2nd jump back-airs. <---- Hardest one to do.

Im not 100% sure if i was the one who invented it since ive been doin it since like march. All i know is that i learned dat crap on my own plus all other crafy techniques (from the sandbag wifi waiting room lol). i just never shared the knowledge lol.

Anywayz practice my above steps.
If you really really cant do it do this.
instead of worrying about timing everything. Do the bowser claw almost touching the ground and instantly press jump and a very fast, give urself a lil time to get close to the ground and then repeat. Do it until it doesnt feel wierd. I do it from time to time in my vids but dont make it predictable for your opponent.(so save up the move for when u really want this to work)

This is brawl learning **** is super easy. In melee to use bowser properly required a massive time of training.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Gimpy should be the admin for this bowser site.

Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom