• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tail Whip Wall Lock? (Possible Pika AT)

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Tail Whip = D-Tilt for the uneducated.

Yeah..... my searches yielded nothing about Pika's D-Tilt and the combo potential it has on stages with walls. This kind of just happened out of nowhere with one of my more "newbish" friends that wanted to brawl me. It MIGHT be able to be smash DI'd out of, but I haven't had time to test it much. (Recording and uploading replays is pain enough)

Anyways, based on mugwhump's analysis of tripping, this uses Pikachu's Tail Whip to place the opponent in a consistent "WHARRGARBL" animation so that they're stuck against the wall in said animation, where they can be Tail Whipped again and again until they DI or launching damage finally comes into play. For a proper demonstration, watch the vid:
"It's not Tail Hwip, it's Tail Whip."

UPDATE 10/13/08:
It happened again.

I pulled it off in one more match on Corneria again, but I couldn't save the replay of that one.

Piman34

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3454-0406-0497
i think its a lock for awhile...not sure about DI either...but me and press22 were talking about this awhile back, and we determined that if you get them with the tip of your tail, it locks for longer...we practiced in corneria too, just adding my take. good, but not as good as some infinites on other chars xD

Zylar

Smash Ace
Okay, so i FINALLY got to test this, and I started with a perfectly 90 degree wall, it only works for like the first couple of dtilts, and any obtuse angle larger than the one on Corneria would be to easy to escape. (Dependent of character). Of course, one could make a stage so that this is a wall lock at a particular place.
Obviously real heavy characters have more trouble, but when you do this to light characters the knockback + floatiness will force them outside of this "wall lock".

My opinion : Not an AT (Advanced Technique) but a possible technique with slightly backward angled walls (Like the one in Corneria) and heavier characters or very low , thus situational and not a wall lock but a nice combo.

Top Bottom