• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

XLord Karnbro and Bilb Illbill's Adventure's in Wonderbroland 10/04

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Ok everyone here is the info about the 3rd Bi-weekly. We have space for around 8-10 setups, last time we had 7 running. Just like last time we will be running Brawl, Melee, and N64, if there is time and interest we may run crews. Super Special Awesome Billcake was amazing/incredible/sh**y(lol at BEHR) (we had 25 or so people, which was less then Bill Justice unfortunately) lets make this one even better. We can house people if anyone needs it. Post below please if you plan to bring a setup.

One more thing: Melee doubles will start at 1:00 if you are late then you don't get to enter, sorry. Both times the tournament has run later than we planned and I won't let it run too much later this time because some of the entrants have other places to be/parents who want them back. Brawl doubles (the actual tournament, not just registration) are planned to start at 3:00 at the earliest. Registration will open at 12:00 with Melee. There is a chance, depending on the number of entrants that Brawl will start later than 3:00 but if we start at 3:00 as planned and your not there you will not be allowed to enter so it's best not to risk it. The one possible exception is if you call me. If you are running late and you call me I may be able to hold the tournament for a little bit or at least hold your matches. My number is (980) 254-6422.

Date/Schedule

Saturday, October 4th
12:00 Registration for Melee, Brawl & N64 will open
1:00 Melee doubles will start
2:00 Melee singles will start
3:00 Brawl doubles will start
5:30 Brawl singles will start

N64 will start at some point which will be defined later

Address

425 Hillsborough St, apartment 6c
Chapel Hill, NC 27514

Rules

Melee: Pound Rules

Brawl: CH4 rules except for legal stages which is listed below.

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter:
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brintar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 2
Distant Planet (we are still testing this one)
Pictochat

Hanenbow is legal as counter pick for teams

Custom levels: We're considering making some custom levels and allowing them as counterpick levels in the tournament. None of them would be very crazy. They would be like the current neutrals, but varying in size or platform placement. I have an SD card so if anyone counterpicked the level you could download it or play on a wii that has it downloaded. If anyone has any ideas, comments, please post them here, as this is a new idea and we might be missing something that makes it dumb. If you have idea ideas for levels make them and bring them on an SD card and we will consider them.

The Dedede Rule: If either player plays as Dedede during any match any stage with constant walk-offs or walls (ex. Distant Planet) the stage will be banned automatically for that match and does not need to be chosen as the banned stage. If one of the walled/walk off stages is selected as a counterpick, and the other player switches to Dedede, the counterpicker has the opportunity to repick a new level. If the level is repicked, the other player has a chance to repick a character.

We know some of these rules are strange but we have some ideas we want to try so post and let us know what you think. If someone points out something we may have missed that would make any of proposed new rules dumb we will revise the rules.

N64: Standard Rule set (let me know if you are unfamiliar with it)

Neutral:
All stages

Ness rule: If either player plays as Ness during any match Saffron City will be banned automatically for that match and does not need to be chosen as the banned stage.

Price
All singles events will be $5 entry fee.
All doubles events will be $10 entry fee per team.

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setups:

NC-Echo and Lord Karn: Brawl/Melee= 2 N64= 2

BEHR

Smash Hero
Boro is going to be there of course. <3333

Bill I like love you bro. <333

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Unfortunatly, I still can't make this one, but the next one I'm working on!

A few Questions:

1. Why is Hanenbow legal for teams?

2. Does Delfino Plaza count as one of DeDeDe's walk of stages?

3. Why is Pokemon Stadium 2 legal at all?

4. Can you kidnap me so I can go to this?

Malk

Smash Champion
I think I might go to this

who wants to team in melee / brawl / is there 64 teams?

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Bill, you should make (me) a colorful picture.

And in legacy of Behr's **** from Billcake:

Cheers to Karnbro and Bilb Illbill. I can't wait.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wooooo!! I'm goin to this shiz people! Get hyped!

Lol, good stuff Omsde. Wings MM is so on if you get them wings in time.

BEHR, do it again.

I'll comment on the rules later I guess. School discourages me from reading, go figure.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Sk8r are me and you teamin again? D:

For both of them?

BEHR

Smash Hero
I smell a Knee in Captain FFAS. :3

You recordin Melee Matchs PP?

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I'll be recording Winers, Losers, and Grand Finals for all events. I did for Billcake also(for Brawl anyway), I'm working on getting the vids up now.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You are? Lemme know when they're done man!

As for recording, I want my matches recorded on my VCR, other Melee matches can be recorded by me too I guess lol. Melee is too good. Any Brawl vids you don't get that people want Bill, I can record.

Let's hope that's all it is BEHR.

If it's Melee, then heck yeah you do Omsde lol.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Dark Hart said:
1. Why is Hanenbow legal for teams?
We allowed for teams as counter-pick last time and it worked out. Alex and I actually counter-picked in Winners Finals and it was a good match. With 4 players you can't really camp which eliminates the only real problem with the map.

Dark Hart said:
2. Does Delfino Plaza count as one of DeDeDe's walk of stages?
Nope it does not have a constant walk-off

Dark Hart said:
3. Why is Pokemon Stadium 2 legal at all?
I agree the stage is pretty dumb but it's not particular broken for any character or anything so we want to try/discuss it.

Dark Hart said:
4. Can you kidnap me so I can go to this?
I'll see if Alex is up for it

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm up for discussing Pokemon Stadium 2 I guess. That stage really does seem to detract from the match to me. I'll go into more detail if the discussion is started.

ptown

Smash Ace
i have strats on spear pillar that no one else knows.

make that stage legal for counterpicks.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I like the Dedede rule. Kinda confusing though lol.

I dislike Pictochat because some of those changes can seriously interrupt the flow of a match. I realize that the changes aren't present for a very long time, but even so, the momentum of a match shouldn't be screwed up (at least for that long) by the stage that is being played.

Hanenbow( however you spell it): if you say it works, then alright. I still think that there can be some pretty gay stuff in teams (intelligent spamming/camping), but I can test it later to be sure.

Pokemon Stadium 2: Almost every change forces too many disadvantages on certian characters. The worst one in my opinion is the conveyor level. You have to ledge camp or try to stay in the middle. Seems to me like, not only for this part, you have to fight the stage as much as the opponent here. I'm sure the changes here are also brief, but again, you have to stop a match to deal with the stage instead of your opponent.

Distant Planet: I dislike it due to the rain forcing an already tiny stage even tinier. I guess that there isn't much evidence against it though despite my hating it.

Customs: Wouldn't that mean that every Wii would have to have the same stages? Seems like an overly tedious process when there are plenty of stages for every character as it is. Don't neutrals do the same things as what you wanna make?

Ok, hopefully that'll get the ball rolling.

Ptown, no. You're broken as it is.

Omsde, I wanna throw out so many insults for those wretched people, but I'm afraid of offending someone of a group that I could mention lol. I agree though bro, even though I hate Melee Jiggz.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Stadium 2 forces you to fight against the stage far more then you are fighting against the opponent, which is, IMO the base criterium for whether or not a stage should be allowed.

Rock Hill / Lawlcaster was unable to make it to Billcake, but I am determined to make it to this. Personally, I had to attend a going away party for a friend who's moving to NJ. Booze and Ladyplay > Brawl.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Bill we talked about PS2 at Billcake. Diddy's bananas on the conveyors and G&W's uair during the sky part = death. And I can't wait for the videos, I didn't get to watch the brawl singles finals.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Dr Peepee said:
I dislike Pictochat because some of those changes can seriously interrupt the flow of a match. I realize that the changes aren't present for a very long time, but even so, the momentum of a match shouldn't be screwed up (at least for that long) by the stage that is being played.
This is what I thought at first also but after trying it out a little bit, we decided that it's really not that bad and that many of the stage changes are actually cool and different and the ones that are lame do not affect the game play too drastically.

Dr Peepee said:
Hanenbow( however you spell it): if you say it works, then alright. I still think that there can be some pretty gay stuff in teams (intelligent spamming/camping), but I can test it later to be sure.
I'm still working on putting up the videos but I do have one video up where Alex and I counter-picked it in the Winners Finals vs. Anthony and Arc (Anthony's brother).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JpycLEY0Ps

Dr Peepee said:
Pokemon Stadium 2: Almost every change forces too many disadvantages on certian characters. The worst one in my opinion is the conveyor level. You have to ledge camp or try to stay in the middle. Seems to me like, not only for this part, you have to fight the stage as much as the opponent here. I'm sure the changes here are also brief, but again, you have to stop a match to deal with the stage instead of your opponent.
I'm still not convinced about this stage either way. I think the stage it pretty lame but it might be ok. Alex and I will test it some more and post again with an update once we have. If anyone wants to test it also that would be appreciated.

Dr Peepee said:
Distant Planet: I dislike it due to the rain forcing an already tiny stage even tinier. I guess that there isn't much evidence against it though despite my hating it.
Yea the water is pretty dumb and if it weren't for the Dedede rule the stage would be horrible. The reason I want to have this stage as a counter-pick is because of the leaf platforms mainly. The platforms dip as they are stood on and when the character gets off the platform it rises back up. This allows for some interesting tactics. For example, consider a character with a quick auto-canceling back-air; Dedede for example (since you wont be able to play him anyway). If you were to short hop back-air with Dedede the move would be canceled as the platform rose up to meet Dedede. These platforms provide an attribute not present in any other stage.

Dr Peepee said:
Customs: Wouldn't that mean that every Wii would have to have the same stages? Seems like an overly tedious process when there are plenty of stages for every character as it is. Don't neutrals do the same things as what you wanna make?
They would be like neutrals but even small changes like platform placement and stage boundaries would make them quite different but in many cases quite the same. Basically it opens up more variability, which advances the meta-game. The stages would also only be available for counter-pick so that people would not have to have all the same stages just a few common stages.

Dr Peepee said:
Ptown, no. You're broken as it is.
agreed

BEHR

Smash Hero
So I need a Melee teammate.

Dr.PP is your bro free?

DUB

Smash Lord
I agree the stage is pretty dumb but it's not particular broken for any character or anything so we want to try/discuss it.
Yes yes yes yes keep it. Bananas + Conveyor Belt= temporary win

Vilt knows what I'm talking about.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So I need a Melee teammate.

Dr.PP is your bro free?
I would, but I'm pretty sure that my Melee Samus is ****tier than you are. (You're never going to live this down, btw.)

Also, 64 is the Best Smash will go all the way in doubles next time. If we don't, I'm going to eat a bowl of ice cream.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I would, but I'm pretty sure that my Melee Samus is ****tier than you are. (You're never going to live this down, btw.)

Also, 64 is the Best Smash will go all the way in doubles next time. If we don't, I'm going to eat a bowl of ice cream.
All you really have to do is try your hardest hardest HARDEST! Effort ftw

/high five to Behr and Vilt

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
new rules sound ok to me, i usually like to keep it neutral as possible though. i probably wont be able to make the next this tourny. i have to work every Saturday so my plan is to get off for every other tourny. had a great time at the last one though. vids would be great, i bet the singles finals were good stuff.

jcum

Top Bottom